[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wicca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: wicca.jpg (41KB, 317x499px) Image search: [Google]
wicca.jpg
41KB, 317x499px
Thoughts anon?
>>
malefactores, qui caedendi sunt
>>
>>17922189
Book's fun and a pretty good read, if you want to just sit down and remember nature as a concept.
>>
>>17922225

I mean more the religion itself.
>>
>Wicca

That should answer your question.
>>
>>17922239

What's wrong with Wicca?
>>
I find it an offensive parody of Celtic cultures
>>
>>17922231
this
>>17922277
>>
Isn't Wicca based heavily off the (now debunked) works of Margaret Murray?
>>
File: 058.jpg (240KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
058.jpg
240KB, 519x600px
>>17922189
>WIcca
More like Thelema LITE
>>
>>17922242

It was founded on a lie, fused together from already heavily diluted Western Mystery Tradition material and a bunch of shit Gardner made up, then draped in a pseudo-pagan aesthetic, politicized by hippies and feminists in the 60's and 70's and then in the 90's resurgence it devolved into the syncretic free for all mess you see today.

Quite simply, it has nothing to offer that you can't find in a far superior form elsewhere. If you're drawn to European neo-paganism specifically, you'd be better off with the reconstructionist groups which at least try to maintain some genuine link to the culture in question, if you're more generally drawn to meditation and nature based/polytheistic spirituality, then you'd be better off investigating Eastern mysticism traditions (which have thousands of years of philosophy and practice behind them), if you're interested in magic then you'd be better off investigating the Western Mystery Tradition from which Wicca drew it's material or the magical traditions of Asia (which, again, have unbroken lineages going back centuries, as opposed to a bunch of scrambled Occult Revival teachings and cooked up nonsense).

Wicca these days is more of a fashion accessory than anything else, someone can label themselves Wiccan and buy a cool pentagram necklace and indicate that they're in some vague way spiritual/magical/spooky/whatever without being obligated to actually commit to any kind of serious study or practice.
>>
>>17922231
see
>>17922225
Just replace the word book Wicca. It is a good "read" cause witches are often beautiful.
>>
>>17922336
What do you mean founded on a lie?
>>
>>17922364
Probably referring to Margaret Murray's witchcult theory
>>
>>17922364

I'm a little hazy on the specific details since it's been a long time since I had anything to do with Wicca, but as I recall it Gardner claimed that he was initiated into a coven by his Grandmother as a young boy, and it was from that Coven that he learned what he later taught as Wicca.

There's absolutely no evidence of this, and almost all of Wicca's teachings and practices can be traced back to Thelema and the Golden Dawn, which Gardner was known to study (although I can't remember if he was actually a member of any orders - at the least, he associated with people who were).

He took pre-existing teachings, watered them down and threw a vaguely pagan veneer over them, then claimed that they were the teachings and practices of a coven which was part of a pre-Christian pagan tradition which had existed in secret for hundreds of years (Murray's discredited "witch cult" theory).
>>
>>17922390

Aren't most religions just rip offs of previous religions? It doesn't ruin the beliefs themselves.
>>
>>17922394

Sure, all systems of spiritual belief borrow from predecessors to some degree, that's not the main issue.

What is an issue is, firstly, the lying - it says a lot about a religion (if you would call Wicca that - personally I'd debate the label) that it's founder lied so blatantly and so incompetently.

The real facts of the matter also rob him of a lot of authority - he's not passing on some hidden tradition, just mashing together a bunch of pre-existing stuff and changing the flavor. Which isn't harmful in itself, as long as you're aware of it, but at that stage why not just go to the source and access those teachings in an infinitely less diluted form? Like I said earlier, there's nothing Wicca has to offer which isn't available elsewhere in forms orders of magnitude more pure and potent - which is why most people who take it up abandon it quickly once they realize which part of it appealed to them and then go seek that in a truer form elsewhere.
>>
File: wasichu.png (234KB, 378x262px) Image search: [Google]
wasichu.png
234KB, 378x262px
>>17922336
>politicized by hippies and feminists
absolutely true, but more specifically white hippies and feminists who want to pretend to be native american for a day.
>>
>>17922394
It was created to legitimize gardens extramarital affair
>>
>asking /x/ for spiritual advice
>asking any part of 4chan for spiritual advice
don't.

seriously, this place is just a bunch of fucking nerds with superiority complexes here to tell you why you're wrong and why you should really be doing x instead of y and "why chaos magick is the most patrician religious practice", etc.

seriously, just read all that shit for yourself and make up your own opinion on it. most modern eclectic neopagan religions are interpreted out of personal research of archaeological and anthropological findings.

you're not gonna find god by posting a thread on an imageboard infiltrated by weebs and neckbeards talking about why they're right and everyone else is wrong. that's the literal opposite of what spiritual enlightenment is.
>>
>>17922576
Maybe your experience on 4chan is biased by the fact that you're a preachy cunt who's often wrong.

Of course, I have no idea who you are.
>>
>>17922587
hmmmmm
>>
>>17922189
Smelly, dumb, hippie scum - it's nothing more than feminism instituted as a religion.

Go look at any Wiccan on youtube.
Do you get the feeling you're watching a serious practitioner of arcane arts, or are you watching your mother scrapbooking and arts-&-crafting?
While all religions are designed to do little more than give you warm fuzzy feelings deep down in your colon, Wicca is the ultimate feel good do nothing religion.
>>
Hippies in the ways of the woojiebooj
>>
It's dangerous.
Not because of what it can do, but because of what it CAN'T do.
Wiccans deny reality.
Sorry children, the world isn't all teehee puppies and rainbows XDXDXD.
Wicca is like giving an untrained soldier a 3 foot dildo and throwing them out of a plane over Raqqa.
>>
>>17922390

I'm pretty certain he was in OTO for awhile, maybe not, but I remember reading somewhere that he received a charter for a new chapter from Crowley during Crowley's shitty last years before dying.
>>
I've never met someone who claimed to practice it who wasn't a mental defect. This was all the rage in the '90s. I've met all sorts, some who I think got into it as a gateway but never bothered to move on, but most I don't think ever could. Also, the Law doesn't need a disclaimer, that's full retard right there. It's like Thelema for idiots who actually want a religion that "feels" pagan but is a modern, shitty invention not too far from their parents' Christianity.

Last thing, they shit up the Internet with bullshit about anything Celtic and make it harder to find real info. I ran into that when I was getting into Celts years ago and didn't know what I was looking for. So much ahistorical horseshit.
>>
File: red_skelton.jpg (467KB, 977x1200px) Image search: [Google]
red_skelton.jpg
467KB, 977x1200px
>>17922321
yfw it just werks
>>
>>17922336
>fashion
The worst part about "getting it" is not being able to find anyone that takes it seriously. It's hedge magic stuff, but it does work. Think tree hugging chaos magic.
>>
>>17922242
Wiccans. Some of them bitches is hot(tish) and easy to fuck though. I try to keep my views on magic...sorry, magick to myself around them, and most new ager types though, because most people would be turned way the fuck off.
>>
>>17922189

That book is ridiculous.

The gardnerian coven is pretty legitimate and holds to some actual rules and philosophies.

Other sects just try to be inclusive and let people make up ideas and go with them. Like the inclusiveness of LGBT when Wicca originallu shunned it because the ancient gods view it shamefully.
>>
>tfw pagan
>tfw trying to find philosophy books and conprehensive knowledge of the old gods
>Wiccan bullshit EVERYWHERE

The closest thing I can ever get is old stories ruined by Christian monks. Leads me to basically being buddhist but with polytheist beliefs.
>>
>>17922242

Satanic bullshit. Look at what became of Allister Crowley and the black metal band Kiss.
>>
>>17926463
Or you know, you could stop trying so hard to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>17926483

If I wanted to be a special snowflake, I would be Wiccan.

I just believe that there is a divine truth, but that christianity is a contruct created by man in order to control people.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 334x500px
>>17926474
>>
>>17922189
>Thoughts anon?
A roleplaying game that gets taken too seriously by autistic retards.
>>
I don't really think it's a big deal to make up a religion, but don't follow a made up religion unless it's your own made up religion.
>>
>>17926474
>black fucking metal band
>Kiss
do you fucking know what metal is.
>>
>>17926578
Does she seem to get cuter by the minute or what?
>>
File: britnyfox.jpg (98KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
britnyfox.jpg
98KB, 640x466px
>>17927198
Yes, he does. His church shows videos on it, and has guest speakers come to talk about the dangers of it, all the time.
>>
>>17926871
every religion is made up. Your point ?
>>
>>17927198
don't take the bait, dude
>>
File: kin.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kin.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>17927599
what even are you saying?
>>
>>17926871
Excellent advice.
>>
>>17927650
>don't follow a made up religion unless it's your own made up religion.
I think that's the point.
>>
>>17927669

You must not have grown up during the Satanic Panic of the 80s and 90s. My church was always trying to warn parents on the dangers of letting their kids listen to metal or play d&d. I was a metal head too, and their bullshit was no fun to deal with. They'd show dated 70s era films about this shit, featuring such "hardcore satanic metal" acts like KISS, ACDC, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Queen, and even the Beatles. It was quiet surreal to sit through this shit, knowing that it was for your benefit, because you weren't one of the decent, holier than thou rednecks faggots, like a good christian should be.

My own parents weren't so bad. My dad was into shit like Black Sabbath, and Zeppelin. My mom didn't get my taste in music, but she was extremely tolerant of it.
>>
>>17925430
Tell us your views anon.
>>
why would you take a book written by a man about wicca as anything remotely authoritative
>>
nah don't go anywhere near it anon it's a lotta baloni
>>
Crowley was gay, and Thelema's rituals are full of homoeroticism.
Gardner was a homophobe, and Wicca's rituals are full of heteroeroticism.

It's not hard to see what happened here. Gerald Gardner wanted to create his own religion because he didn't like fags.
>>
>>17922364
>What do you mean founded on a lie?
There's no evidence that Gerald Gardner, the founder of Wicca, received the instruction he claims to have received, not physically in the description of where was he initiatied and by whom, nor anthropologically. He proposes an unbroken tradition with neolithical roots that doesn't have any basis.

If Wicca as a method for magic practice actually works, it does on the basis of any sort of modern willworking. The historical religious roots of the practice are spurious, though.

>>17922394
>Aren't most religions just rip offs of previous religions? It doesn't ruin the beliefs themselves.
Not ripoffs. They take the basis of earlier belief systems. Gardner lies when affirming that Wicca has a source other than his own belief system. Though there's nothing wrong in agreeing with his POV, if you feel appeal for Wiccan-flavored neopaganism, by all means, go for it. Personally, I'm wary of people who lie to give themselves an appearance of authority and strength in something that should be a search for trascendental truth.

>>17926455
>The gardnerian coven is pretty legitimate and holds to some actual rules and philosophies.
>Other sects just try to be inclusive and let people make up ideas and go with them.
Other sects realize intuitively that Gardner wasn't entirely honest with the source of his work. If you feel comfortable with a more "traditional" (as in moralistic, not ancient) emphasis on practice, maybe you should try hermeticism. Neopaganism =! reconstruction.
>>
>>17927759
Because he was a faggot and died of aids. That's pretty authoritative.
>>
I'm so happy wicca has been shit on hard in this thread. Faith in /x/ is not completely lost.
>>
>>17929850

I'd rather be a faggot who died of AIDS than be any of you 4chan fags so.
>>
I can't imagine either a wiccan, or layveyan satanist being anything but an intolerable, self congratulatory SJW. And they tend to be female. It's the most entry level mysticism. Like, calling it entry level is probably not accurate 'cos that suggests the kind of people who take it seriously will move onto better things.
>>
>>17930494

I started with Wicca and now walk a Druid path instead because my research through Wicca revealed how absolutely absurd it was, but at least it lead me to other things. I'm looking at hinduism, shinto, and some occult philosophy now to get a more worldwide perspective of things instead of the European feminazi DnD perspective that Wicca entails.
>>
>>17926463
Look for history or anthropology books if you don't want anything Wiccan.

Personally I think there's nothing wrong with being Wiccan as long as your not a fucking special snowflake and are aware of the roots - the blends of beliefs, practices, false history, etc.
>>
Just don't take it too seriously. If you believe Gardner's bullshit about it being "the old ways", you'll be led astray. If you realize its actual roots (Crowley and the like), you can begin to make some progress with it, by using its ritual format as a guideline or template for your practice.

The blind belief of Wiccans is what truly irritates me about them. Say anything and they'll swallow it... and start regurgitating it to others. I once read a discussion thread ages ago where someone posted this ridiculous poem they claimed was "ancient wisdom" guarded by their "witch family".

And everyone believed it! Dozens of "atta boy" posts congratulated this little shit on his advanced metaphysical knowledge and ancient bloodline!

Thankfully the one intelligent guy on the forum responded with: "You know that's a quote from the movie Dragonheart... right?"
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.