[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlightenment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (4KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 443x332px
Can an /x/ophile please explain enlightenment to me? What it is, how it works, what's your personal opinion about it, everything it entails...
And on the other side what is the difference between enlightenment and kundalini awakening? If you have the time or you are willing to put in the effort. Please try and describe in as much detail as possible.

I appreciate any who reply to this thread

Pic feels related to me
>>
Gone.
Gone.
Gone beyond.
Gone beyond altogether.
>>
The way it was explained to me, and please don't take me for any kind of expert, but a weird old guru once said something along these lines to me:

>if you're aware of it, it's not enlightenment
>everyone has little moments of it, but they don't notice
>to be enlightened, you have to just be
>to just be, you can't be aware of being enlightened

I still don't really get what he meant, but that's about what he said.
I assume he was some sort of daoist.
>>
I can maybe say a thing about kundalini.
Most everyone has experienced it on accident.
That fiery powerful thing that creeps up from the base of your spine, feels kinda tingly/warm/numb, comes in waves, flowing out into the limbs and face.
Makes you feel invincible.
That thing is kundalini.
Power and enlightenment are two different things from what I gather, though.
>>
>>17920352
>>17920334
Thanks for sharing guys. I'm just waiting for that one anon to come in and just flood me with info :)
>>
>>17920383
Sorry, those are both me, I guess I don't have much to offer here.
>>
>>17920393
Lol its fine
>>
Enlightenment literally means just that. To lighten. Everything about you feels lighter. I suppose what is actually happening is a transition to something that more accurately reflects your *TRUE* self... which apparently sometimes gives you super powers.
If someone says they're enlightened, take it with a grain of salt. After all, you're only truly enlightened when you finish your reincarnation cycles and traverse the 6 planes of existence and merge with God/All That Is/Nirvana on the 7th buddhaic plane.

But, in a manner of speaking for your average "enlightened" monk or guru, well. They have fully activated kundalinis and open third eyes. It activates all of their chakras and they have total control over themselves and their bodies. They are masters of their minds and they see reality for what it truly is. Sometimes it comes with extra psy abilities. Depends on the person, I guess. But all in all, enlightenment is "being what you truly are" and therefore seeing what truly is.

“Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.” ~Zen proverb
>>
>>17920509
To add a little bit more, I consider a person enlightened when they act in love with every action they take, and they aren't egoistic, like at all. Being enlightened kinda makes you on the brink of ego-death all the time. You lose the sense of separation that you have with other beings. They're just you too.
>>
>>17920509
>>17920523
>>17920383
This is what I was talking about XD
>>
>>17920523
Thanx m8, I appreciate the info
>>
Two people talking about their enlightenment experiences. The second one goes more in depth, but the two experiences sound pretty similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXlOJlhf38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsUx9a3UoU
>>
I think enlightenment is clarity. Like a clear fresh river flowing with no obstructions. When you're at one and engaged with the universe free of preconceived ideas. I think it's like when you forget time in contrast to when you're aware of time as a ticking clock and it ticks so slow. There's something ironically sad about that though.
>>
>>17920334
He was alluding to the focus riddle. Focus itself is not awareness, but an attempt to achieve awareness. Lack of focus can lead to awareness in a number of cases, but is certainly not reliable for it.

>>17920238
Okay so before I start, please understand that I'm not enlightened myself, but I'm a great teacher of the arts.

>please explain enlightenment
The first thing to understand is that enlightenment is not a spiritual or transcendental state. You don't get magic powers, you aren't alleviated of your life and burdens, and you don't suddenly have the authority to stop chopping wood and carrying water.
>What it is
It is a perspective unburdened by illusions such as notions of a perceptual self, the idea that you have to believe anything anyone has ever said, and that it takes effort to be yourself.
>how it works
That's the hard part I don't really understand yet. The basic concept is trivial to understand, but integrating it well enough to actually become enlightened is a bit of a tricky thing at times. I'm none too sure of the specifics, but you must be ready to discern and decide for yourself in any situation, for any given reason, and at any time.
>what's your personal opinion about it
It sounds pretty wonderful and I wish the wonder would last longer but I know the world calls.
>everything it entails
I wouldn't know everything, but it has a strong zen effect. When you can feel the literal peace of the world around you, human affairs become easier to contextualize. This fleeting bullshit is recognized as such and it's obvious how and why everyone is wrong about polarizing themselves politically. The point of enlightenment was ultimately to build and recognize peace in all its forms, within and without.
>the difference between enlightenment and kundalini awakening
Kundalini is a transcendental type thing from what I've heard. Enlightenment is just perpetual discernment, it doesn't require special powers. Kundalini is more of an energy, supposedly.
>>
>>17920585
Thanks for the amazing reply
>>17920553
Thanx!!
>>
>>17920238
>what is the difference between enlightenment and kundalini awakening?
Kundalini awakening is uncoiling of the serpent at the base chakra and it traveling up the spine and going into the head. This is a part of a ritual where politicians and the like, people that are going to be in positions of power go through before the age of 5. They call it 'the Key of Solomon'. It is achieved through rape. A vasovagal shock is achieved. Some of the effects of the whole ritual include photographic memory, increased intelligence and shattering the mind like broken glass. Then the person is programmed.

Source: Max Spiers

That's not to say that kundalini awakening breaks your mind, because this ritual seems like an inversion of the natural process, it is achieved externally, and through pain and trauma.

I remember my mother talking about a friend of hers activating his kundalini and not being able to go outside for 2 weeks because he was afraid of getting angry at someone. Apparently if you have this particular energy awakened, your thoughts can become really powerful and your emotions can have a massive impact. And so he was scared that if he got angry at someone he then could've harmed or killed him unintentionally. She mentioned that he was breaking glasses and electrical equipment and things like that.

Enlightenment is an umbrella term afaik. IMO it's about expanding your awareness of the reality that you're in, your choices and nature of your relationships, discovering your deeper self, the essence beneath the mind and body etc. etc. and not about "energy" per se. American psycho practiced tai-chi didn't he? To me, enlightenment is a sort of reverse engineering your perceptions and beliefs. It includes a lot of self analysis and monitoring your thoughts, going back and forth and probably most of all connecting dots with seemingly unconnected events.
>>
So many words.
So far from the truth.
>>
>>17920700
So useless a contribution to a world of ignorance.
>>
>>17920709
I'm not the guy you just responded to but he's right. This thread is full of shit.
If anyone tells you what enlightenment is they're full of shit.
Anyone who is enlightened usually says come see for yourself. The teachings are so blindingly simple that they get brushed aside.
Ask yourself "who am I?"
dwell in the sense of I am
>>
>>17920760
No one claims to know what enlightenment is. OP wanted thoughts and opinions from /x/philes. Thoughts and opinions he got.
>>
>>17920760
Being right is irrelevant if you're just shitposting. If you had a decent point to make, all the well for you. That anon didn't.
>>
>>17920709

That's what I'm seeing in this thread, yes.
>>
Go back to the moment before you labeled yourself human and remember what you where then, remeber that and you are there.
>>
>>17920238
i think its just extreme acceptance
>>
>>17920238
Real enlightenment is just the feelings of realizing God is real and that most of you are really going to be terrorized for a long time. When your mind comprehends that God is real and you suddenly realize you're going to be tortured in hell you should get an overwhelming sense of fear and feel sick.

Then on your path to enlightenment you'll realize it's time to pray, cry and beg for mercy but it won't help much.
>>
>>17923147
If you can't differentiate disparate degrees of ignorance, then you aren't enlightened. You're just a pseudotelepathic newage faggot.
>>
>>17923983
Fuck OFF. That fate literally only applies to shitposters like you. I'd never direct that kind of intent at anyone else.
>>
>>17924009

You're so cute. If only someone else could see it.
>>
Buy some pumps.
>>
>>17924067
If anyone else could see it then you wouldn't have a reference frame to understand your individuality.
>>
File: Jodo Psychedelic Trip Animation.gif (131KB, 490x327px) Image search: [Google]
Jodo Psychedelic Trip Animation.gif
131KB, 490x327px
>>17920238

Read the Sixth Patriarch's Dharma Jewel Platform Sutra. It was recommended by a friend of mine named Jodorowsky. It is, according to him, essential reading for all students of Zen Buddhism.
>>
>>17923170
I agree...but when you have done that, you can reapply the word human with a whole new understanding of what that means. I think it's important to stay connected, and I think that realisation is what connects us. Do you know what I mean? To not let other humans be an enemy but instead another potential path to a more enlightened state.
>>
> Enlightenment
> Explain in words

You cannot ask anyone to tell you something that is completely alien to anyone. Even those that 'achieved' enlightenment wouldn't be able to explain how their transitions look like, nor what it actually is.
I'd recommend you that, if you want to get on a path of enlightenment, should stop reading what 'enlightened' people wrote, or ask for their experiences, because human minds are weak and funny, and you may be fooled by your own thoughts, thinking you are feeling something that most likely isn't there. It´s kind of the same with ‘meditations’. I don't like believing people that they 'meditate often', it is a pure state of being, and it's almost impossible to put yourself consciously in one of those. Meditation either happens, or not, in my own, personal opinion and experience.
There are some human 'stuff' that you’d have to forget about, which are really on the top of the list of why we're not aware of the fact that we're all already enlightened(if we are all connected and One). You have to kill every expectation that you have. You have to forget about hurting everyone, including yourself, and you have to be aware of everything that you do, and everything that is happening around you. Don't judge anyone, even yourself, and never pity anything, and anyone; respect everything. These are the things that I have learned from my personal experience. They literally just block our perception of reality (may sound weird, but explaining these things really isn’t easy; there's too much I'd say, and too little of good words exist).
>>
>>17926086

>cont

Being enlightened is nothing like becoming happier with who we actually are. It is just discovering the truth, for how many truths there may be, and accepting everything as it is.
I am not enlightened, but I am aware that I am on the path. It will either happen, or no, and I’m perfectly fine with both. From my personal experience I can tell you that It’ really hard to ‘achieve’ any of these if you’re deeply bound to anyone, because there are a lot of unexplainable stuff happening around you, and you cannot explain them to your loved one, and they may act weird because of it if they don’t have full understanding. I’m lucky to be with someone who appreciates these moments that happen to me.

My realization of this wasn’t nice, it didn’t feel good, I was trapped inside of my own body, and I acted the way certain person wanted me to, which was following his way of ‘reaching’ something higher.
Every time my transitions happened in the beginning, it felt like I was trying to rip off my own skin, and escape, and it was hard to let go of that person, because I believed staying is for my own good. I went through a trauma I believe was too much for my body to handle, and then, just like that, there was a 180 degrees shift in me, and I changed, and I am aware of my change, I am aware of my transitions and everything that is happening to me now. I’ve beat selfishness, and I realized that I should trust myself with this, since it felt too ‘fake’ to do what the person was doing.
>>
>>17926088

>cont

Again, to be on the ‘right’ path, you must realize on your own that expecting is not something helping you in life, that not paying attention to what you do is not going to lead you anywhere, that being conscious of your consciousness doesn’t happen over night and because someone told you what ‘it is’.
Learn to be balanced in everything you do, never take too much, and never take too little of what is offered. Sleep when you’re tired, and eat when you’re hungry. Observe everything around you and you’ll realize that you can never be bored of anything. Observing is the key to everything in life. Putting yourself in other’s positions, and never judging anyone as well.

I’d like to share so much more with any of you, but it’s really impossible because it already sounds like bullshit.

I wish you all well.
>>
File: areyounext.gif (24KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
areyounext.gif
24KB, 650x300px
http://www.angelfire.com/az2/karmadorje/healingbuddha.html

Read this with true faith, you will understand first hand.
>>
>>17926088
>Being enlightened is nothing like becoming happier with who we actually are.

Actually, it is. Very much so.

Sorry.
>>
>>17926127

It's not like you become enlightened for the purpose of being happy. The world doesn't change, you just get healthier perception of it, because you actually see it as it is.

Maybe it brings happiness to some, maybe it doesn't, I'll never know that. This is just based on my own personal experience, and I cannot talk for anyone else.
>>
>>17926127
Are you happy with the way we are?
>>
>>17926140

Not the person you asked, but will just add that is has nothing with being <enter the emotion>, it's just accepting the surrounding as it is, and letting it be, as well as just being.
>>
>>17926132
>It's not like you become enlightened for the purpose of being happy.

No, but that's what happens.

>Maybe it brings happiness to some, maybe it doesn't, I'll never know that.

Exactly! You are in no position to comment on enlightenment.

>>17926140

I have no opinion on the way you are, to be honest.

>>17926152

No, it isn't.
>>
>>17926163

That's fine with me.
>>
>>17926152
Emotions are exactly what it is about and how you use them properly. To think emotions have nothing to do with who you are is to deny who you are. It's all emotion. Go be a rock if you want to be. Emotions come easy to us from within. Listen to what they tell you about the world, don't let the world tell you about them.
>>
File: her lion.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
her lion.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>17926140
We'd all be happy with the way thing would be if thing was enlightened about thing's nature.

Thing likes thing, thing doesn't like when thing dislikes thing that did no wrong. Thing wants all thing to meet and connect like every other thing.

Thing wants peace, thing is not a pyramid, or a square, thing is a reflective web of spheres, like dewdrops on a spiderweb, and thing at it's best, is a thing of things that are reflecting upon the things that are things, and reflect upon the things that are thing that are things that are all part of the web that is thing.

This is thing, that is thing thing is thing, and thing is enlightened.

thing is happy when thing sees all thing, thing is unhappy when walls block the flow of light, that can and will one day illumminate all of thing, making all thing's parts reflect all other of thing's parts until nobody knows what it's like to not feel all the happiness in the universe simultaniously.

So thing, what do you think?
Do you think that you are the center of things?
Thing, do you hold the light, or are you just a reflective surface where the light can bounce on over and over again with the help of others?

Thing, do you grieve for the lost water droplet upon the web? Or do you see that the dew will form again and that the light is still illuminating?

Define we, Thing.
You can't Define everything and nothing at once, better than Thing.
>>
>>17926183

I never said that it doesn't bring any emotion and that it makes you ice-cold. I've just said that it doesn't bring just one specific one. If you think that you'll never be sad again after you're enlightened, I think you're just fooling yourself, that's all.
You're still a human being after it happens, you still love, feel, cry, eat and everything else.

I am in love and I welcome all of my emotions pretty nicely. And to be honest, I even enjoy being sad, as much as I enjoy being happy or hungry.

For example, people you care about will still die even after you're enlightened, and you will feel sad about it, but you will accept it and let it be (pretty cliche example, but it is the first one I could think of). Same with everything else.

Maybe I have just used wrong words before, but that's pretty much what I feel and believe in.
>>
>>17926203

Also, I'm not trying to prove anyone that I am 'right', I'm not trying to define enlightenment as well, I speak from my own experiences only.
>>
>>17926203
>I've just said that it doesn't bring just one specific one.

Actually, yes, it does, the most intoxicating bliss you will ever experience.

>>17926207
>I speak from my own experiences only.

Yeah, I got that. You consider yourself enlightened and are creating a definition that supports your claim.
>>
>>17926215

I even said that I do not consider myself enlightened, because I know that I'm not.
>>
>>17926207
I'm just chatting mate. Teasing out the little thought creatures. I like what you're saying.
>>
>>17926219

Then why on earth would you talk about something you have never experienced? It's like trying to describe the ocean, when you've never even seen it?
>>
>>17926223

Because everything around me is, and I am aware of it, and I am aware that I am standing in my own way of just being, but enlightenmend is not something I want anyway. I am just aware of my surroundings, and I learned to accept things that happen around me.

If you've read it carefully, I said I don't know what enlightenment brings, it can bring any emotion, any state of being, anything.

You can put it in any words you want, your thoughts and opinions are only yours, it doesn't affect me in any way, and you are always welcomed to say what you think.
>>
>>17926236
>If you've read it carefully, I said I don't know what enlightenment brings, it can bring any emotion, any state of being, anything.

You're still babbling about something you know nothing about, dude, and it shows.

>it doesn't affect me in any way

That's because your mind is closed and refuses to learn. It's not something to brag about.
>>
>>17926244

You are just assuming stuff about me, and that is fine, I suppose.
You're also not saying anything that I already don't know, so of course it cannot affect me.

Basically you just say that I know nothing, and that what I have experienced so far is, I'm not even sure what to call it, false?, and that too is perfectly fine.

I know enough for myself, and that is more than enough for me, if you know how much I know, and know that you know more than me, then that is really beautiful.

Again, I never claimed I know more than I do; the OP asked about experiences, opinions, etc, and I decided to share.

Not everyone experiences the path the same way, yet if we reach 'the end' of the road, we're all going to see the same thing.

I'm also not going to apologise for anything I said, because it's all true to me, and to people that experienced similar/think similar.
>>
>>17926252
>You are just assuming stuff about me,

Nope. I'm observing your actual behavior and drawing my conclusions therefrom.

>Basically you just say that I know nothing

Nothing you've said leads me to believe you know anything meaningful about enlightenment.
>>
>>17926259

Yet here you are. Arguing to me about my own experiences.

Are your experiences based on what you experience or read?

>Nothing you've said leads me to believe you know anything meaningful about enlightenment.

You don't have to believe me, why would you want to know what I know? My enligtenment would be only my own anyway, as well as my path, and experiences on it.

I don't have to believe you either. It's enough that I believe in myself.
>>
>>17926272
>Are your experiences based on what you experience or read?

Personal experience and what I've studied. The two are in agreement.

>It's enough that I believe in myself.

I know. This place is full of special snowflakes.
>>
>>17926285

> I know. This place is full of special snowflakes.

Funny how snowflakes are all different. Same with people, and we're all special, so yes, call me a special snowflake.
>>
>>17926196
>Do you think that you are the center of things?
Funnily enough I believe I literally am.
>>
Well first you meditate on really activating your allmonds, after that you've awakened your dna you gotta go really get in there and shut down all the atoms, et voila, enlightenment.
>>
>>17926336

kek
>>
>>17926336
Amazing how nonsensical people get when they're told what to think.
>>
Definition of enlightment is: " "
>>
>>17926440

THAT is the problem and has been in every one of these threads. That is also why I avoid using the word, "enlightenment".

I like Rinzai's awakening. That's a good example of what I mean.
>>
>>17926540

Problem is the ppl who ask these questions, but are not ready to put the effort to find the answer. They just want 'it' to be served with silver platter.

You can't really explain enlightenment to person. It is always their own individual realization. And that is about the only way to learn it..
>>
>>17926571

This.

Even if you explain, it will never be close to what it is.
>>
>>17926601

And thus >>17920328.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.