[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can information be weaponized?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 18

File: nrwnqsr.jpg (37KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
nrwnqsr.jpg
37KB, 626x626px
Can information be weaponized?
>>
Yes, turn on CNN.
>>
>>17920001
War is an example of information being weaponized my man
>>
File: triblade.png (13KB, 388x389px) Image search: [Google]
triblade.png
13KB, 388x389px
>>17920009
kek (i'm the OP)
>>
>>17920001
How in the world could you weaponize information?
Are you stupid? You can't shoot someone with the daily forecast retard.
>>
>what are memes
>>
>>17920073
This
>>
>>17920066
>You can't shoot someone with the daily forecast retard.

No shit sherlock

Guess i should've explained further. You are probably aware of subliminal messages. I was thinking of something like that
>>
>>17920077
Dubs don't lie. There, a weaponized meme, right here and now.
>>
>>17920080
You don't need fancy tricks and super tech to fuck with people. Be in a position of trusted power and lie. Create a system where they don't think you're lying, and if they do catch a lie make sure there's deeper lies they still believe in.
That's all.
>>
Then said David to the Philistine, Thou commest to mee with a sword, and with a speare, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the Name of the Lord of hostes, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

This day wil the Lord deliver thee into mine hand, and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee, and I wil give the carkeises of the host of the Philistines this day unto the foules of the aire, and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

And all this assembly shal know that the Lord saveth not with sword & speare (for the battell is the Lords ) and he will give you into our hands.
>>
>>17920101
Basically, i should be a politician
>>
File: 23423423.jpg (818KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
23423423.jpg
818KB, 1600x1200px
And all Iudah stood before the Lord, with their litle ones, their wives and their children.

Then upon Iahaziel the sonne of Zechariah, the sonne of Benaiah, the sonne of Iehiel, the sonne of Mattaniah, a Leuite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the Lord in the midst of the Congregation:

And he said, Hearken yee, all Iudah, and ye inhabitants of Ierusalem, and thou king Iehoshaphat, Thus sayth the Lord unto you; Be not afraid, nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battell is not yours, but Gods.

To morrow goe ye downe against them: behold, they come up by the cliffe of Ziz, and ye shall finde them at the end of the brooke, before the wildernesse of Ieruel.

Yee shall not neede to fight in this battell; set your selves, stand yee still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Iudah and Ierusalem: feare not, nor be dismayed; to morow goe out against them, for the Lord will bee with you.

And Iehoshaphat bowed his head, with his face to the ground: and all Iudah, and the inhabitants of Ierusalem, fell before the Lord, worshipping the Lord.

And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel, with a loude voice on high.
>>
>>17920001
No, information is a quantity.
>>
>>17920080
dumbass subliminal messages aren't weapons, you can't hurt someone with subliminal messages.

and for that matter you can't hurt someone with information. Information is literally harmless.
>>
>>17920119
Look, in the modern world, a small order can have far greater success against competing religions and ideologies by using words, ideas, symbols, rituals, propaganda, art, web sites, technology, etc. than through physical warfare. Creating militant cells and organizations is likely to get you thrown in jail or killed; spreading infectious ideas could make you the next great world power. The dude posting Bible verses has the right idea.
>>
>>17920109
Like I said, there's multiple layers of lies. The most successful politician will only ever create a lie a few layers deep - the rest requires decades, centuries of buildup and reinforcement.
Hillary Clinton is an example of a great base-layer politician. She lies in the moment, none of them will be remembered after her death. Reagan's advisers were brilliant upper-layer political minds, they managed to imprint the concept of deregulation and trickle down economics into the public subconsciousness extremely quickly and only now is there even mild competition against those ideas. But at the deepest level, no single man creates those deepest lies that we tell ourselves about how the world is inherently just and things will work out in the end. Those are lies that we tell ourselves because they're the most effective at being comforting, and will likely never be broken.
>>
>>17920137
None of that helps you when the people with guns learn who you are and SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>17920139
information is only powerful because people are weak and stupid.

information is literally worthless.
>>
>>17920157
Any tool is only useful because it's strong enough to solve certain problems. Were the problems too hard for the tool, it wouldn't really be much of a tool anymore would it?
Use the weapons at your disposal, or at least be aware of them.
>>
>>17920129
Well, of course.
Again, no shit sherlock.
Rather than convincing people to go to war, a politician can insert subliminal messages and subtle propaganda into media, coercing people into doing what they normally wouldn't. Subliminal messages are a type of manipulation, the best one. A person does something and thinks he's doing it of his own volition. I'm not talking about killing a person with CBS, i'm talking about more... esoteric aspect of the question
>>
>>17920164
how is information a tool? you can't hold it or even use it. Information doesn't even really exist
>>
>>17920172
Information is held in the mind, you dunkass. I know things you don't know and you know things I don't know. That's information that can be used for things.
>>
>>17920129
this is false

don't know what kind of whack shilling this is
>>
>>17920170
Or a politician can just institute a draft and force everyone at gun point to join the war effort or go to jail. seriously, who needs information? coercion is entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>17920182
I bet you don't know shit, and nothing you know even matters. Just like me.
>>
>>17920150
It is implied that you must not get caught.
>>
>>17920157
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people, and there shalbe a time of trouble, such as neuer was since there was a nation, euen to that same time: and at that time thy people shalbe deliuered, euery one that shalbe found written in the booke.

And many of them that sleepe in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to euerlasting life, and some to shame and euerlasting contempt.

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightnesse of the firmament, and they that turne many to righteousnesse, as the starres for ever and ever.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the wordes, and seale the booke euen to the time of the ende: many shall runne to and fro, and knowledge shall bee increased.
>>
>>17920185
Except if you openly force down a group of people without giving them the feeling that they are empowered, they are just going to say no as a group and tell you to fuck off. Control is a careful balancing act of getting what you want but not looking like you're actually asking for it.
>>
File: we-cant-understand.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
we-cant-understand.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>17920200
>>
>>17920204
That doesn't even make any sense.
How do I get what I want if I don't ask for it?
>>
The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation, my fathers God, and I wil exalt him.

The Lord is a man of warre: the Lord is his Name.
>>
File: 6503847_6576753d75_b.jpg (171KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6503847_6576753d75_b.jpg
171KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>17920211
You let the people end up wanting it through necessity. Don't tell people you want to get rid of a program, have a financial crisis hit and the only solution is to remove the program. Don't invade a country, be threatened by foreign terrorism and have the people rally behind your peacekeeping efforts.
It's a simple game, really, but it works. This latest bunch isn't playing it great though, the west is about to fall apart economically and when it does we're likely to see some wacky shit.
>>
>>17920185
If you think coercion is entirely unecessary, make me change my opinions without explaining why they are wrong.
>>
File: 2qPG0.jpg (64KB, 320x294px) Image search: [Google]
2qPG0.jpg
64KB, 320x294px
>>17920225
If I knew where you were I'd beat you until you changed your opinions.
>>
>>17920137
your heart is not right with God
>>
>>17920225
>>17920233

Not that your opinion even matters
>>
>>17920225
you are made in the image of God. to think for yourself, just like everybody. there are such things as unalienable rights, not given by man but by God
>>
File: 43472366.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
43472366.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>17920205
>KKK is based on the Bible teachings

mfw
>>
>>17920241
>>17920236
dude, what are you even talking about?
Do you seriously spend all day memorizing the bible and shitposting on an image board?
>>
File: theotokos3.jpg (282KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
theotokos3.jpg
282KB, 1600x1200px
My heart exults in the LORD; my horn is exalted in the LORD, My mouth speaks boldly against my enemies, because I rejoice in Thy salvation.

There is no one holy like the LORD, indeed, there is no one besides Thee, Nor is there any rock like our God.

Boast no more very proudly, do not let arrogance come out of your mouth; for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and with Him actions are weighed.

The bows of the mighty are shattered, but the feeble gird on strength.

Those who were full hire themselves out for bread, but those who were hungry cease to hunger. Even the barren gives birth to seven, but she who has many children languishes.

The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol and raises up.

The LORD makes poor and rich; He brings low, He also exalts.

He raises the poor from the dust, He lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with nobles, and inherit a seat of honor; for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and He sets the world on them.

He keeps the feet of His godly ones, but the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; for not by might shall man prevail.

Those who contend with the LORD will be shattered; against them He will thunder in the heavens, The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; and He will give strength to His king, and will exalt the horn of His anointed.
>>
>>17920233
Alright, i'll let you know i'm in north korea.

Jokes aside, Try to change my opinions without explaining why they are wrong, in your next message
>>
>>17920233
You do understand that coercion by force is a thing right?
>>
>>17920236
...care explaining further?
>>
>>17920256
why would you tell me your in north korea?
I thought north koreans couldn't get on the internet without being executed?
>>
File: 102223650-142863284.530x298.jpg (27KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
102223650-142863284.530x298.jpg
27KB, 530x298px
>>17920276
Spot on.

But the elite gets the internet, remember?
>>
>>17920275
i am the anon posting the scripture

it is that you say that i am posting ideas as a weapon, and you do not know the ways of the living God, in that i do this to save you my brothers and sisters from the wrath to come. i do this not as a weapon to compete with religion and ideology, but to further the righteousness of God against the wickedness of the devil holding sway here on /x/

Selah.

you say "success against religion and ideology" and speak of the "destructive deception" of ideology

but you err in that you seek such things, and do not seek rather after righteousness. righteousness comes from God, and the earth and the heavens are His
>>
File: X-files-the-syndicate.jpg (76KB, 575x310px) Image search: [Google]
X-files-the-syndicate.jpg
76KB, 575x310px
>>17920001
Depends on the information, doesn't it?

Certainly blackmail is weaponized information.

And then, of course, how you use it. Trickling in certain information and suppressing other information can and has been used to manipulate people, to great effect. Especially if you have control of the media.
>>
>>17920305
spooks, lad
it's all spooks
>>
File: 1449082103538.jpg (28KB, 480x428px) Image search: [Google]
1449082103538.jpg
28KB, 480x428px
OP's question show deep lack of Information Theory knowledge. EVERYTHING is information, so d'uh weaponized versions exist.
>>
File: 666.png (11KB, 621x1024px) Image search: [Google]
666.png
11KB, 621x1024px
>>17920305
"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ‘I took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,’ then the girl’s father and her mother shall take and bring out the evidence of the girl’s virginity to the elders of the city at the gate. "And the girl’s father shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man for a wife, but he turned against her; and behold, he has charged her with shameful deeds, saying, "I did not find your daughter a virgin." But this is the evidence of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city. "So the elders of that city shall take the man and chastise him, and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give it to the girl’s father, because he publicly defamed a virgin of Israel. And she shall remain his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days. "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her father’s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you."

I can shitpost bible verses too.
>>
File: overten.jpg (87KB, 717x658px) Image search: [Google]
overten.jpg
87KB, 717x658px
Musings on Information Theory:
http://hekatestation.net/files/info.PDF
password --> bat
>>
>>17920363
yes i read the pdf calm down
>>
>>17920001
>>17920066

Look at these idiots that self-radicalize for groups like ISIS. That's certainly an example of weaponized info.
>>
>>17920001
Yes. Design a weapon and build it.
>>
>>17920384
this
>>
It's pretty obvious that social trends are engineered to some degree. Most of this BLM stuff is likely to make the populace distracted from going on with Russia. Remember the Soviets funded the Black Panthers.
>>
>>17920424
>the soviets funded the black panthers
i love right-wing conspiracy theorists, i really do
>>
>>17920170
Except subliminal messages of that variety don't actually work. What works is overt manipulation. Rather than trying to hide things in the unconscious mind, it's easier to expose it to only certain parts of the population, like /x/. All you have to do is get people to discredit each other and the information is both public and irrelevant. It doesn't really mean anything to hide it subconsciously.
>>
>>17920185
>just institute a draft
That requires information control.
>>
>>17920211
>literal plebian
>>
>>17920243
Kekeke
>>
>>17920001
Yes.
>>
>>17920066
The truth can galvanize people once it's completely and clearly explained. But you need to be righteous to wield the truth.
>>
>>17920001
stuxnet
>>
This whole system we participate in is nothing but that

Information is weaponized as propaganda to make you eat more burgers and use more fossil fuels or whatever they want
It's all powered by memes
>>
information literally has no power because information isn't even real.
>>
>>17920001
>What is psyops.
>>
>>17920342

i bet you felt like trash when you were googling "bigoted bible verses" didn't you?

>>17920305
i appreciate you, bible-friend. cheers to you.
>>
Religion has been weaponized for millennia. Truth can be skewed to fit an agenda or plan. Knowledge is the one true power. In the land of the blind the man with one eye is king.
>>
Probably
Also nice TribeTwelve pic
>>
>>17920001
yes
theres a few (?) tactics?
such as disinformation
and getting your opponent to expose himself from disinformation, (baiting? feinting?)
>>
>>17922667
>your opponent
Feinting is acting like you're going to make a move you won't actually make. The proper term would be bait. When done on a mass scale, the feint and bait dynamics play off each other to create a psyop. The difference is that the people doing the psyop don't actually have an opponent and they might actually create their own enemies by creating the psyop.
>>
>>17920073
Needs more attention.
Look at Isis
>>
>>17920462
jajaja
>>
no, the atom bomb wasn't knowledge or information, just magical pixie dust from angel farts
OP, how new are you?
>>
File: 53n71n3l.jpg (39KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
53n71n3l.jpg
39KB, 626x626px
>>17922488
Thanks, i thought nobody watches the show except me
>>
>>17922723
You are the second one to take my question literally. Guess i should've been more specific.

Of course atomic bomb wasn't knowledge, i'm talking about the more mystical aspect of the weaponized information, such as drawing a star of david on the wall of the kkk headquarters.
>>
File: Nonagram.png (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nonagram.png
80KB, 1000x1000px
>>17922252
No, it felt good. Honestly, i have nothing against you and your christian friend, but if you two have nothing to contribute with, GTFO
>>
>>17922009
>information has no power
>books are a form of information
>if you hit someone with a book hard enough, they faint (implying it's a thick book)

Still not convinced? Imagine being verbally bullied, constantly. If you don't go insane and kill the person bullying you or yourself, you will be verbally bullied till the end of your life. And the more you ignore it, the worse it gets.
>>
>>17920517
kek
>>
>>17923364
Sticks and stones... But words will never hurt me.

...Unless they're constant and eternal, of course...
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.