[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is luck a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_-i9d7sv.jpg (270KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-i9d7sv.jpg
270KB, 1200x400px
Emissary from /tg/ here
>how do we make our dice roll better?
>>
Will them to roll better.
Not even joking.
>>
>>17919258
>will them to roll better
Is this a meme?
I'll give it a shot. These fuckers better roĺl good armor saves and shieet.
>>
If you're still here op,
to add:
What you're looking for is usually called "micro-PK", the use of the mind to influence random number generation or other statistical figures.
It just now occurred to me that being /tg/, you'd probably want to study your subject once you start employing it.
>>
>>17919282
Shit, beat me to it.
>>
>>17919284
Still here. Will spread any glorius dice roll hacks to the mothership.
>>
Luck is an intangible quantity.
In games of chance and probability we'd say someone who more frequently has favorable outcomes would be lucky, though this is only anecdote. Over enough iterations everything would return to the mean. If someone was truly lucky, on a flip of the coin they could predict the outcome with statistically greater accuracy than 50% over an infinite number of iterations. Because that can never be tested or measured, its an intangible. Any perceived pattern that appears in a limited number set could simply be an aberration in a larger set.
>>
>>17919358
So, what exactly is the difference, in your opinion, between "true" luck, and a conveniently timed "aberration", in practice?
>>
>>17919386
This, other than "lol will it to roll better", how do we get a cast die to yield a better outcome. My orks have shit armor saves and I always get rekt by spess mehreens due to their superior armor saves and weapon skill.
>>
>>17919399
Stick it in the oven for a few minutes. Most dice are made like absolute shit and roll far less than random due to unequal weight, sides and uneven polishing. May as well put that in your favor.
>>
>>17919386
They'd appear the same to an observer. You couldn't tell them apart.
>>
>>17919399
>lol will it to roll better
>99

You just did it nigga.
THAT.
Do THAT when you roll your dice.
That's what I'm talking about.
You did the same damn thing when you posted the op.
>>
File: 1435435335865.jpg (1MB, 1327x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1435435335865.jpg
1MB, 1327x1333px
>>17919255
It's a finite resource, and it doesn't always work when you want it to. But you can increase pool to draw from the more positive energy you give back to the universe and the people around you.
>>
>>17919258
night meme brother captain the emperor protects and gives us his grace and power. It won't 100% but yes will them to roll better.
>>
>>17919776
FOR THE EMPEROR!
>>
>>17919255

make yourself retarded
>i know retarded people have better rolls after my experience playing WoW years ago, where the biggest fuck ups in the raid and low dps would get highest rolls always for gear
>>
I need better opening hands.
I hate losing because "muh luck"
>>
>>17919255
Yes it is a thing. I've always been able to share my luck with other people and have them benefit from it. Literally, as a kid I would test this ability.

And honestly most of what I've heard about getting better dice came from tabletop gamers like yourself. Somehow you guys end up with a ritual or two about making it work.
>>
>>17919255
If you are lucky you won't roll more 6s on average, you only roll 6s in the few cases where luck matters to your life.

For example if you bet $5 you won't roll more 6s on average. If you bet $200000 you spent years saving up you are more likely to roll a 6.

This won't happen however. Most supernatural entities have no reason to care about petty materialistic gain (or your board games), if anything they might make you lose so they can laugh at your foolishness in thinking they are your personal army.

This is the basis for sacrifice in most religions and tribal customs, you have to prove your goals are higher and transcend the physical world or at least that your will is strong, you are humble and are not asking for something nonsensical.
>>
if luck is a thing I'm the least lucky mf being birthed into my senpai. all they do is this bullshit where they act bipolar all day and one acts good and the other acts bad. like the fuck is up with these freaks.
>>
Dont fap .
>>
>>17920774
>>
>>17919255
In terms of a literal die? Assuming it's perfectly weighted, willing it to roll better will actually work. The human brain is unsurprisingly adept at calculating weighting, spin, and trajectories, so simply wishing to roll better will subconsciously adjust release times, forces, spin, etc. to improve your dice roll. Not massively mind you, you won't be slamming sixes every turn but it will make a positive impact on your play. In terms of a metaphorical die I.e. influencing daily shit, you make your own luck. Work hard and apply yourself at your job and career opportunities present themselves, ask out a fuck ton of women and some of them are bound to say yes, just generally believe in yourself and try hard and good things will happen.
>>
>>17919255
When I really need something to go right, I'll bargain a little luck now for considerably less luck later.

i.e. "I forfeit all tomorrow's good luck for good luck in this dice roll." Or a week's worth for a two-hour exam. Balance your need for luck right now against what luck you think you'll need in the future.

The trick is to keep track of your bank balance of luck. If you bargain away a month's worth, and try to get more during that month, you'll just keep yourself in a span of luckless debt. Always make sure to come out even at the end. To be thrifty, you can also forfeit a percentage of good luck for that same percentage now, similarly reduced in span. You can even forfeit a lot of current luck for a little in the future when you don't know if you'll need it.

This is just what seems to work for me. People might laugh and say bullshit, but it's a technique.
>>
>>17922330
Adding, though: Luck is measured by time, not amount. Two different days of luck will have different amounts of luck in them. Maybe Tuesday won't have as much luck as Thursday. If you forfeit Tuesday's luck for a dice roll on Monday, you won't get as good results as forfeiting Thursday's luck for a dice roll on Wednesday. You won't know until you do it, but you can bet you'll have an equally shitty Tuesday and Thursday.

Generally, though, if you forfeit a large span of time in comparison to the span of time that you need luck for, that'll be enough concentrated luck for things to work out.

I do try to do this only when I need to. Best not to mess with the natural order too much and who likes to go through an entire shitty week?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.