[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shamanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16

File: shaman.jpg (233KB, 545x410px) Image search: [Google]
shaman.jpg
233KB, 545x410px
I want to become a shaman, how do I start? Any shamans here? If yes, how did you start? Any interesting experience to share? What made you choose that path or you are born with it?
I want to help healing people and access the spiritual world(s), get in touch with nature and find my spirit animal.
>>
>>17916127
proper doses of peyote and mushroom overtime will get you sufficiently out there.
>>
Nature would be a good place to start.
>>
>>17916134
that would be tough for me to get my hands on now, I may know someone who knows someone who knows, thanks

>>17916140
could you elaborate, please?
>>
If you had it in you to be a shaman you'd already be one, and you wouldn't be on this god forsaken shithole of a board.
Stick to your lame city life.
>>
>>17916164
why so salty anon? let's have a dream and fly away of this sick reality
>>
>>17916127
Talk to the elders in your tribe..
>>
>>17916160
I don't have anything against city folk, but if you want to connect with nature, nature is where you'd do that.
Don't expect the rural folk to like you.
>>
>>17916191
the only native in my family was my great grandfather from my mom's side, we are trying to find his relatives

>>17916197
Understood, I would be just a stranger in their place, appreciate your words
>>
>>17916164
This anon is harsh but its true. You have to be schizo affective to be a real shaman. However by all means do some psychedelics in the woods while listening to trippy music.

Basically if you havent had visions and see various spirits your whole life forget it. Its not fun at all until you git gud either as the powerful negative entities will wreck your shit.
>>
>>17916212
Like a being a newfag.
We were all newfags once.
>>
>>17916212
just lose your mind a little bit, first and foremost.
by posting on this board, you're already there.

Don't listen to others who are obscurative and claim spiritual ability above anyone, they are the fools. Cucks in capes who like to bang shit around and burn incense with runes on the ground. Fools.

Every human is born with spiritual capacity, perhaps some more than others, but by living and breathing, with eyes to see and hands to work and change your surroundings with your mind (semi-metaphorically, but aren't all metaphors grounded in reality?)
you can bend your mind with rituals and metaphors, fulling committing to them, and believing.

Look at chaos magick, there's a book called Chaos Ritual, you may like it.
>>
File: 1395020984877.jpg (55KB, 352x501px) Image search: [Google]
1395020984877.jpg
55KB, 352x501px
>>17916222
>You have to be schizo affective to be a real shaman. However by all means do some psychedelics in the woods while listening to trippy music
I don't have easy access to psy but I can trance easily with music, I always felt naturally high, thanks for the tips

>had visions and see various spirits
yes but not so often, voices are getting common specially when I'm sleepy

>>17916224
thanks anon, I'll get there

>>17916236
I came here in frist place looking for answers for the things that happened to me and I couldn't explain, then I've stayed. I'm sure there's so much we can explore

I'm new to magick but I'll definitely ake a look on this book, thank you very much
>>
File: DSCF5193.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5193.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>17916127
Shaman is a traditional Siberian medicine man
So you have to go to Siberia and become accustomed with their culture, mythology and practices for becoming a legit "shaman"

Now that we got this out of the way: The role of "shamans" all around the globe is mainly to travel into other planes of existence to cure illness, gather information, meeting entities and negotiating for the behalf of the tribe.
So you have to become accustomed to travel into the spiritual realms, navigate through them and accomplish the mission you came for.
You want to be able to get into an altered state of consciousness at will and regulary.
You can use several methods or combinations of them:
Music and rhythm through: chants, drums, rattles and other instruments, dancing
psychedelic substances, including mushrooms, peyote, san pedro, tabacco, cacao, ayahuasca and ayahuasca analogues (Indian Soma was probably one), fly agaric, several nightshades, cannabis, iboga and many others
meditation
prolonged isolation in nature

The Shipibo in Peruvian Amazon have a tradition of making dietas of medicine plants for learning to work with them.
They will go to the jungle, not talk to or touch other humans, eat very little and simple meals and drink a preparation of the medicine plant several times a day for a prolonged time, up to months. This is often supplemented by ayahuasca ceremonies every two or three days. In this time the curandero (healer) will learn from the medicine plant and get to know in which ways to use the plant.
They do this for every plant they want to use.

You should look for plants that are local to your region. Research what the tribes that lived on your land used as medicines, try to find and grow them and get to know their effects.

You don't necessarily need a teacher. Your master plants and your own experiences will be your teachers.

pic related is a Amazon medicine market
>>
>>17916127
>>17916160
While I hate to say it,
>>17916164
>>17916222
are right. First you have to be a spiritually able and awake person(though sometimes not, they'll find you and do it to you) and then you need to be useful to the local deities.

I legitimately could not tell you if you need to be insane for them to take you on, or if they make you insane through interaction, but madness and shamanism do seem to go hand in hand.

As for me, local serpent deities of the desert, sea, mountains, and forest all worked together to teach me when I was young. I've seen things when I was young that would make grown men realize magic is real, let me tell you, but I have little idea why they picked me. Maybe it was opportunism?
>>
>>17916127
Be specific about what you're trying to do. Are you wanting to be medicine man/shaman from native culture? Or just a healer looking for guidance? I don't know many people who seek out a culture and feel inclined to be something they're not apart of culturally often.

As for spirit animals, you have to develop a profound connection to nature and animals in general to find what you're looking for through meditation or dreams. Kinda like totem animals that change or stay with you.
>>
First off, can you post your birthday OP?

Second off, shamanism is a path that has but one entrance. You must seek it for yourself. If you are truly meant for the spiritual matters, you're born into it. Magic is some crazy bullshit. Many people forget themselves along it's path to pursue vain, materialistic desires. They become monsters, slaves to their own ridiculously short-sighted greed.
>>
>>17916127
Go on a vision quest. Get the spirits to speak to you. You have to go to the forest away from people. Lay down a circle of tobacco big enough for you to lay down in. Then stay in the circle for 24 hours, after that you can roam the woods. But you must stay in the woods for 4 days total, and you must sleep in the circle at night. While in the woods you must not eat or drink, this causes the lines between the spirit world and ours to blur, the spirits should take pity on you at this time and give you a vision. This is a traditional Ojibwe vision quest. Usually a medicine man puts down the circle and sometimes checks up on you to make sure you're still alive. But you probably don't have access to a medicine man, so probably have a friend check on you or something.
>>
>>17916415
This post is the truth.
>>
>>17916127
Just order some morning glory seeds off amazon. Or some sanpedro from eBay. Research. Go to the library. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>17917307
This post is the truth of truth
>>
>>17917652
This post is the truth of truth of truth
>>
>>17917665
This guys on to somethin
>>
>>17916189
You can run away, but you still have to face reality at some point.
I knew a shaman and she had to bust her ass just to make ends meet to put food on the table.
>>
>>17917203
>(though sometimes not, they'll find you and do it to you)
care to elaborate on this?
>>
>>17917259
Not OP but my birthday is 9/9/88
>>
>>17916415
>You should look for plants that are local to your region. Research what the tribes that lived on your land used as medicines, try to find and grow them and get to know their effects.
I'm growing in my garden some herbs for medicinal purposes with my mother taught me

>>17917203
>As for me, local serpent deities of the desert, sea, mountains, and forest all worked together to teach me when I was young. I've seen things when I was young that would make grown men realize magic is real, let me tell you, but I have little idea why they picked me. Maybe it was opportunism
You said it all man, they picked because they saw value in you.

>>17917246
>Or just a healer looking for guidance
I'm a reiki practioner and I want to expand my knowledge to help others using a connection with nature

>>17917259
>First off, can you post your birthday OP?
04/01/83

>>17917259
>You must seek it for yourself. If you are truly meant for the spiritual matters, you're born into it.
I know my mom sees spirits, now not so often as she blocked when father died, I don't see them but I can feel around, I don't think it was a coincidence I ended up as a reiki healer.
>>
>>17917300
This is interesting, I will reserch more about it, thanks.

>>17917632
>Go to the library. Don't be stupid.
Sure, I'm gathering as much info as I can, thanks

>>17917745
>You can run away, but you still have to face reality at some point.
That is right, we have to balance the spiritual without forgetting the material, I'm comfortable financially but leading a more natural and simplier life would suffice
>>
>>17916160
>wants to be shaman
>outside? What's that?
>>
File: 1381438308969.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1381438308969.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>>17917786
Like I said with myself. They found me, and taught me rituals and magic in my nightmares. I learned because I needed to understand, I think.

>>17918223
>You said it all man, they picked because they saw value in you.
I only hope I can remain valuable. I have done a few things for them, but they seem to be placid lately.
>>
>>17916127
Shaman is just a witch Doctor, or more so alchemists tthat dable in a little spiritual healing.kinda need to be a natropath, and have a deep knowlage of herbs and their remidial properties and Also have ease of acsess to them. Seriously not something people that live in a city can do, unless you completely dedicate your life to it. Though if your going to dedicate yourself to something that solely might be better off tracking down some info on druids, very very little credible information to be found since they were pretty much whiped off the earth and all books by or on them burnt
>>
>>17918581
Maybe they picked you for the choice of GIFs you would eventually use when you told this story here.
>>
>>17916222
>be schizo affective
Can confirm. Having a schizo bent helps with association signs.
>>17916164
>lame city life
2016; not seeing the highways and byways and urban constructs as bondage apparel of mother earth. Do you even /x/?
Daisys in the cracks of the sidewalk are power, anon.
>>
>>17916127
Depend which shamanic tradition, but within the mongolian tradition you cant become a shaman, you are born with it. Its signified by suffering shamanic sick ess around 13 yo
>>
>>17916127
Rip people off for bullshit to ward off things that don't exist
>>
>>17916127
one time i got paid 600 dollars to yell in a guys office because he thought it would kill vampires
>>
>>17916127
I've got a good one for ya OP
>be shaman
>a single mother with 3 kids wants a standard buttfucking
>buttcfuck her in front of her kids
>take 1600 dollars and their tv
Felt like a cool dude that day
>>
It's all bullshit to be honest
>>
File: 138345806224.gif (3MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
138345806224.gif
3MB, 430x242px
>>17918959
Why not, at this point? The ways of fate are strange enough.
>>
>>17919797
why?
>>
>>17916127
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajAvDJSGqc

Listen to the Doors a lot, do drugs, and basically imitate Jim Morrison. Quick, go to their wiki page, and tell me who their bassist is. That's right man, no bass player! YOUR GONNA BE A DOORS FAN, MAN!
>>
File: MaterDeiSpiritual.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MaterDeiSpiritual.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
Verily, verily I say unto thee, except a man be borne of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdome of God.

That which is borne of the flesh, is flesh, and that which is borne of the spirit, is spirit.

Marveile not that I saide unto thee, Ye must be borne againe.

The winde bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tel whence it commeth, and whither it goeth: So is every one that is borne of the Spirit.

Nicodemus answered, and said unto him, How can these things be?

Jesus answered, and saide unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Verely, verely I say unto thee, We speake that we doe know, and testifie that wee have seene; and yee receive not our witnesse.

If I have tolde you earthly things, and ye beleeve not: how shall ye beleeve if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but hee that came downe from heaven, even the Sonne of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted vp the serpent in the wildernesse: even so must the Sonne of man be lifted up:

That whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but have eternall life.

For God so loved þe world, that he gave his only begotten Sonne: that whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Sonne into the world to condemne the world: but that the world through him might be saved.

He that beleeveth on him, is not condemned: but hee that beleeveth not, is condemned already, because hee hath not beleeved in the Name of the onely begotten Sonne of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darknesse rather then light, because their deedes were evill.

For every one that doeth evill, hateth the light, neither commeth to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But hee that doeth trueth, commeth to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
>>
>>17919835
Well it's just that the GIF you posted was Kii-chan.

During the scene where she loses faith in Tomoko, the cousin she always looked up to.
>>
there was a thread about finding your animal spirit maybe start from there, doing some meditation
>>
>>17920022
But it's OK for him to do it right... Jesus wasn't gods son... He was a taoist.
Ffs read the Egyptians book.
Jesus is modeled after Horus.

And what's being born again but letting a demonic person inside you.
>>
>>17922202
>Jesus is modeled after Horus.
Which book is written that?
>>
>>17923051
Thanks, I'll look for it
>>
>>17922202
He was literally the rising sun, signifying that the coldest part of winter was nearing an end.

All human systems of belief are based in astronomical observation.

Also, Catholicism ftw!!11!!11!!!1
>>
File: 1330018565398.png (231KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1330018565398.png
231KB, 500x409px
I became a shaman a long time ago.
It started when I was a kid. I had long hair, and people mistook me for a girl, because of how I behaved.

So I told her, I wanna be a girl. And she beat the shit out of me, literally, and did so continually.

She forbade me to pick flowers, she forbaade me to sit and meditate, she forced me to read the bible, and then I realized that the bible was not for me,.

So I sat facing south, on a red brick staircase, and I ate poisonous flowers in an attempt to kill myself.

Whilst dehydrating and tripping I searched my mind for the red guy who had a trident, the one who would cry with me about the pain I felt. The one who was half-female just like me.

And so I met Rudra-Shiva. He told me that I was destined to become a healer.
This was before I was 6.

So I made a habit of it, sitting and praying to "The devil". And then he became my imaginary friend.

He told me many things about the world, and he made me know that flowers were not "evil" like my mom so insisted.

So I made a habit of sniffing datura, everyday after school and homework, and my icy cold shower.
Sometimes he'd show up, sometimes a raven would come say hi. Sometimes the family dog would lick my face for long enough to break the samadhi, that my mom had failed to do , even with burning cigarettes and threats of "No supper" (she was a redneck)

Eventually I stopped eating meat, because the Rudra told me about the golden rule. But my mom lothed vegetables in all forms.

So I became "anorexic" by the age of 8 .
I was committed to a hospital, and they didn't believe my statements about vegetarianism being a religious thing, as my parents were both "christian" so they said.

So I was put on medication, which I stopped taking once I was out of the facility.
But the weird rituals that I had becomer accustomed to, continued. and my mom still couldn't make me eat meat. My hair started falling out.
>>
>>17916415
Siberian and mongolian shamans cant be made, they are born. Read into it, and shamanic sickness
>>
File: 1315709092717.jpg (40KB, 800x671px) Image search: [Google]
1315709092717.jpg
40KB, 800x671px
>>17923379
Eventually I moved from my family home, as we were destitute, because my mom was the "old fashioned ever-preggers housewife"

And I had to live in a place that was filled with turmoil and strife. It was a trailer park, that was infested with crack-addicts, and they would break into my trailer whenever they thought we'df have something to steal, which was only twice.

My father's playstation, my game boy (that was given to me so that i'd "be normal for once")

So during the time I wasn't at school, I starved, and I meditated.
Nothing else in the world mothered me, except for falling into that state of non-duality.

My mother would scream and yell, and she got angrier as I started to chant words that flowed from my soul. That summer she locked me in my room, and kept me from my siblings, because she feared that my "demonic possession" would rub off on her "New baby" as she called my little brother.

My father was always working, and when he asked me, why I wasn't eating anymore, or wanting to leave my room I told him. But he didn't believe me, nobody really understood.

It wasn't until my little brother hot deathly ill with a respiritiry disease and I burned a branch inside the trailer, that he took my shamanic power seriously.
I was able to cure the infant, with the words that the Rudra had given me.
(They had tried the hospital too, but they said it was a viral infection and antibiotics wouldn't work.)

After my father knew my power, he began to ask me for help, and I had to become his therapist. I would ask him for payment in the form of vegetables and fruits that he would steal from his work.

He told me everything about his life, and his problems. And I told him that he shouyld meditate, but i understood why he wouldn't attempt it. My mother was an asura afterall, she would have never forgiven him for believing in my "demonic words".
>>
>>17923413
HARA HARA MAHADEV!

Its nice to see somone with an inherent conection with Śiva. You did well.
>>
File: shibe.png (403KB, 582x483px) Image search: [Google]
shibe.png
403KB, 582x483px
>>17923413
We got evicted rrom the crack trailer park, and had to move to another one, this time the park was fine, but the school was not.

I faced constant bullying and harrassment by my peers, because I had no interest in things that 4th graders did, I was too busy drawing pictures of the Rudra, and flowers. I was too busy being concerened with death and dissolution, to care about "he said, she said's"

I was beaten up, often, because I had a name that was a powerful name. One that was unique and different, in a place of rednecks. I looked like a girl, and acted like a girl, and sounded like a girl, and I didn't pursue sex with girls, (Or boys) I didnt care about anything that they did, I couldn't relate.

I had no friends, because I wasn't believed when they asked " what do you do for fun?"
I had to say "I sit in one place for hours at a time, focusing on stuff"

They found that idea to be lies.
And combined wth the fact that I was literally called the "genius boy" by my teachers. ANd the fact that I was a very pretty person externally, they wanted to gut me.

I was tormented by them, but I never really showed any emotion, even when they punched me, or spread rumors about me. Or made fun of me for being "trailer trash"

I didn't have any vested interest in school. And by 6th grade I dropped out, and refused to go anymore.
My grades were alwasy immaculate, and this is what coused the teachers to never ask what was wrong. The onlly time a teacher did ask such a thig, I honestly blurted "my dead grandma is bothering me about her daughter's stupidity. And it was the genuine truth of the matter. Though the teacher of course made me get a therapy appointment. In that appointment I asked the psychiatrist if they knew about the Rudra, and they said no.

I told them about him, and about how he danced behind everything. They gave me meds, etc.
My mother scheduled me more appointments, but the practice lost it's roof in a hurricane a week before I was to go.
>>
>>17923467
So yeah, after this juncture, I started my deep studies into herbalism. Through knowledge of Shiva, I have healed many people.

And I've never charged a dime.
Because honestly it feels wrong to do that.
I've never met a "Brahmin" who has believed my tale, and it's fine that they don't, I'm on my path, and it's what I gotta do.

I'm a dog, a bitch, for the universe, and that is what it takes to be a shaman.
It's a feminine thing, inherrantly, to take truth as a part of yourself.

You can't claim to know it, YOU can't know it at all, all you can do is try hard to offer the flower of kindness to everything, and just like datura, the scent wafts only in the twilight, as the sun is setting, and everything familiar has melted away.
>>
>>17923506
k
>>
>>17923506
Fuck the brahmins dude. Find a sadhu, or a knowledgable buddhist lama. Theyll help you further your relationship with shiva.
>>
Bump for more stories of crazy shamans
>>
I was watching a interview with David Bowie and he stated that he created ziggy stardust as a shaman like figure. Do most shamans have a androgynous appearance or was he just on coke?
>>
>>17923602
>Buddhist help you get closer to a deity
Nigga please. Buddisim teaches the cultivation of nothingness, to worship or get to know a deity is counterintuitive to this. Buddhism is about becoming one with the true nature of the univirse not about following deity's
>>
File: DSCF5274.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5274.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>17923413
>>17923467
>>17923506
Thank you so much for sharing your tale!
And thank you for sharing your gifts with other beings. I can relate to what it means to live outside of the normal social culture and doing things nobody understands.
The work that you do is so important in these times. It is always good to hear that people like you are out there.

Which plants do you use in what ways?
Would you mind sharing a few of your drawings here? I'd be really interested.

>but the practice lost it's roof in a hurricane a week before I was to go.
Sounds like Rudra was angry about them feeding you antipsychotic pharma :P

>pic reated Ayahuasca brew in Amazon
>>
File: magu auntie.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
magu auntie.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>17924659
The plants I use are mostly relating to the plants that are sacred to my Lord.

So datura, cannabis for the "fun" ones, and Tamarind, turmeric hibiscus, mangoes, pomegranites. really just the common stuff used in worship of the gods mostly.

I usualy burn dhoop, and light a lamp of coconut oil in summer, sesame in winter.

There is much to be learned from simply offering a piece of ripe mango to Ganesha. It's able to open the visionary channels of a sleep deprived vegetarian yogi.

I also practice amaroli (ritual urine drinking)
There's a lot that can be done with the body. But you must be awake at the proper times.

I can share a picture of Magu, the hemp aunt. but I try to keep my Rudra/shiva/Devi drawings off the internet, especially the ones of Rudra, because it feels that it profanes the sacred to some extent.
If I knew you in person I could show you them, but I just can't capture the magic with a picture of a picture.

But still, heres a picture of Magu, she's a taoist immortal that sometimes enjoys tea with Mahadev, and the moon, up on the Stupa of the lord.
>>
File: iguessimaguru.jpg (103KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
iguessimaguru.jpg
103KB, 288x216px
>>17924741
If you look closely, just like if you look close enough at the world, you can find shiva.

Just look in the stuff that doesn't make sense for long enough, yo.
>>
>>17924588
Depending on the culture, medicine men/shaman have been portrayed in various lights, although the general consensus is that they are often more androgynous/less sexually oriented than other members of society.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are some cultures that employed battlefield clerics, but generally speaking, the realm of the shaman is non-binary.
>>
>>17917203
Have been thinking of shamanism a bit lately and i know i have it in me.

I have always been very strong in the dream world. I am schizo affective aswell. Those who wish to hear my stories just bumb my post. I will check back tomorow or in a couple hours since i know the threads on this board can move slow
>>
>>17924951
Bump
>>
>>17924754
>i guess i magu ru
:)
>>
>>17924951
bump 2
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.