[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easiest way to achieve lucid dreams /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

What is easiest way to achieve frequent lucid dreams /x/?
>>
>>17915909
midday naps
>>
I tend to dream the most early in the morning, not sure about you

Sleep deprivation might work too

Practice
>>
So far I've found that waiting until you are fairly exhausted helps, so far I've noticed I can achieve lucid dreams but I can't seem to control what happens in them but I know that I'm dreaming.
>>
File: Lorazepam.svg.png (16KB, 512x459px) Image search: [Google]
Lorazepam.svg.png
16KB, 512x459px
Lorazepam, 0.25mg.
>>
ee
>>
File: bearbbh-story-02.jpg (21KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
bearbbh-story-02.jpg
21KB, 300x225px
>>17915909
>>
>>17915909

dream journal every night, even when you don't remember anything. write everything down. make a list of goals for LDing and read them before you sleep. Read your dream journal before you sleep too. Eventually you'll be waking a few times in the night with a head full of dreams and usually the good LDs happen once you fall back to sleep.
>>
>>17919041
>dream journal
This. Everything else comes from this.
>>
Example of a dream journal: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17894222/#17894406
>>
>>17919047

I used to do mine pen and ink for years too but having to turn the light on, sit up straight and write legibly in a dazed state proved to be too difficult. Now i just use evernote on my phone (which has the added advantage of predictive text and autocorrect and ability to categorize - i have 100s of tags and sub tags for stuff like dream type, recurring locations, motifs, characters etc. it's fun).
>>
OP's picture makes me deeply concerned about WHY he wants to master
lucid dreaming.
>>
>>17915909
practice regularly and do all of the usual rules that are talked about, even if they seem dumb
>dream journal
>carry an object to remind you youre in the real world
>do reality checks
>go to bed early
>copy down your dreams
toughest part for me is keeping up with all of that becuase im lazy but when Ii do its when I have the best chance of lucid dreaming
>>
Did this in middle school. Take a sharpie, write awake or A on your dominant hand. Look at it habitually through the day and ask yourself if you're awake. Eventually, your habit will carry over in your dreams and you'll look at it. Once you realize you're asleep, happy lucid dreaming.
>>
I realize this sounds crazy counter productive, but the most vivid and intense lucid dreams I've ever experienced have come without trying, i.e. DILD (dream-induced-lucid-dream, realizing you're dreaming within a dream that is already occurring naturally). Wake induced lucid dreaming is interesting and hypnagogic states can be...psychedelic to say the least. But nothing beats that profound realization that you're dreaming and simply stabilizing your perception and taking it all in.

I can say with confidence that it feels much more real than real life when you're truly lucid. I've heard music that is more beautiful than anything in this life and felt sensations that are indescribable, for example the intense speed I felt flying through the solar system at a speed faster than light (literally got to Saturn in ~2 seconds, I was going so fast my brain felt like it broke for a second there was so much input coming in).

Anyway...just keep a dream journal and be mindful as you fall asleep. Don't over complicate it. Take melatonin if you feel like it.
>>
>>17919041
>>17919043
How does this even help? I never done it but it seems dumb, I can remember my dreams I don't need a journal
>>
>>17921838
Trust me, recording your dreams will trigger your brain to recall with such detail after a little practice that it'll be very obvious when you're dreaming. You'll find yourself saying "oh hey this is a dream" quite often. Not only that, but you'll begin to recognize subconscious patterns in your dream behavior that you'll pick up on. I, for one, often find myself in the desert in dreams and that is a pretty sure sign I'm asleep. Dream journals are 100% the most effective and efficient way to lucid dream consistently.
>>
>>17921838
How's your lucid dreaming going?
>>
bump bitches, i love this stuff
sleep paralysis is thrilling
>>
>>17915909
Stable sleep cycle, Dream Journals and ~10 Reality Checks a day will make sure you'll eventually start having lucid dreams, the timeframe varies with the person. I had them at around ~1 month.

Now, if you're asking for the FASTEST way...
- Rack up the reality checks to around 20-30 a day. Your brain will learn faster to do these tests for you while dreaming.

- Add the Wake Back To Bed tecnique. Its easier to go lucid around dawn, so you'll have an advantage here.

- Take hour-long naps midday. It has been proven that dreams are more clear during the day, so the reality checks and Journal activities will benefit directly.
>>
File: TheHandsResistHim.jpg (123KB, 700x1030px) Image search: [Google]
TheHandsResistHim.jpg
123KB, 700x1030px
>>17921838
Gonna echo >>17921860
I've always had pretty good dream recall, on average; my dreams are pretty interesting, and often even have a coherent theme or narrative arc, which is pretty awesome. However, once I started a dream journal, my recall and dream vividity went up tremendously. Just the act of keeping a journal is really the best first step, and increases the likelihood of lucid dreaming dramatically.

I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times, but I don't mind as much because my dreams are pretty crazy and entertaining as-is, so for that alone I've kept a journal for a couple years. Just scribble down a basic summary or brief notes when you wake up ("zombie apocalypse", "sunny field", "was at work but my keyboard was spiders"). There are even apps for it, but regular pen and paper work fine.
>>
>>17921908
Had it only twice. Definitely an interesting experience.

The first time was a couple of nights after I learned about lucid dreams. Was trying WILD and, well, it worked up to the "the body falls asleep but the mind doesn't" part.

I lost the ability to control my breath for around a minute, until I got too nervous and the sleep paralysis went away.

The second time was far more frightening. My 6yo brother entered the room, then left, but left the door open too. I woke up when he entered, but couldn't move. It all transformed to a nightmare about a monster that entered my room and started pulling me out of my bed.

Woke up some time later, only to see the door I had left closed... opened. I later learnt that it was my brother who left it open, but damn, it was a scary experience.

To close a door, fall asleep, dream about a monster that enters your room, wake up, and see the very door you closed, open wide.
>>
>>17919309
What would happen if u drank some of that
>>
>>17922351
Absolutely, when your dream recall improves the vividness (is that even a word...?) goes through the roof and every night is an experience even without the lucidity. +1
>>
>>17922503
Now that I think about it, my dreams became vivid when I kept my journal, but then when I stopped it went back to the usual surreal nonsense. Only a very select few of my non-journaled dreams were very memorable.
>>
>>17922546
Yup, you definitely have to keep at it and treat it like any other habit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.