[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Company Cults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: indoctrination.jpg (30KB, 450x321px) Image search: [Google]
indoctrination.jpg
30KB, 450x321px
I have a question for X.

Someone I love has recently been hired at a thriving tech company. They had to go to training for two weeks, in a town that is not easily accessible. You cannot get there by one train, bus, or flight. You have to spend loads of time to figure out and get to the location if you aren't driving.

By the sounds of it everyone is sleep deprived as the new employees are strongly encouraged to stay up date at the hotel bar or lounge and mingle - which they do every evening and night until very late. My loved one gets maybe 3 hours of sleep a night.

They are provided alcohol all day from 8am until the go to sleep. Unlimited. Seriously.

The people that were hired... none of them have degrees in the field... many of them have history with the law. So basically it doesn't sound like they were hired for experience but rather undying loyalty since these people are desperate.

The company CEO came out and admitted the company was a fraud. They make 10 million a day (supposedly) by repackaging Chinese technology. It's one of the places that work you to the bone but keep you "happy" with alcohol, free meals, and a place to nap... game room. Sounds great right?
>>
My loved one completely changed personality since going there. Different music... different moral compass... If I were to say anything that questions this company they get angry instead of trying to think rationally. The ego is out like a full moon. Just constantly putting other people not a part of the company down (old friends for instance, myself included). They are so involved. It is starting to scare me.

They're on day three and it seems like people are already cracking. One guy is saying creepy violent things out of nowhere. It sounds like college orientation except free alcohol throughout the day. All they really do is mingle. Doesn't seem like they are even learning anything. I told him it was typical of indoctrination to have people become sleep deprived, feed them substances, and keep them isolated. I had to say it very neutrally... even then he tried to deny it. Normally he is much smarter than this.

How should I handle this situation? I don't want him to get irate or be untrusting of me. I do worry for his mental safety, however.
>>
>>17915073
I thought the Apple campus was pretty easy to drive to.
>>
>>17915204
Sure, but that one came into the inner circle of Apple. Probably is a cult. Shit, what do Apple, Scientology, and Herbalife have in common? They all come from California, and they are all cults
>>
I used to work for a company cult. They told you that it was all God's will to work there and what they are doing is helping the world.

But then they want you to go to the same church and if you don't assimilate you will be pushed out.

They weren't very good at the brainwashing though. Everyone's just to scared to leave or say anything.
>>
Op, my advice is to get them out as quick as possible. Sounds like they are already too far in. Just keep calling them saying you are their spouse and asking who they are with are they cheating whatever. Eventually, the company will terminate your friend.

Cults like people who aren't sheep
>>
This is just company culture
The top of the business SETS THE TONE OF THE BUSINESS
If you want to SUCCEED you FOLLOW THE TONE
The TONE can be as fucked up as they NEED it to be
I know what you're on about. Completely - but it's not a cult. BUSINESS is a DOG EAT DOG WORLD BRO
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.