[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst way to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 25

File: lost.jpg (314KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lost.jpg
314KB, 1920x1200px
Curious on what /x/ thinks is the worst way to die. I'm thinking something uneventful and long, such as trapped in a room waiting to starve or getting lost in space.
>>
>>17912774
SCAPHISM

BRAZEN BULL
>>
>>17912774
Lost in space would suck but still be kinda cool.

Being killed the way Junko Furuta was would suck.

Or being buried alive.
>>
It wouldn't necessarily be painful, but being executed for a crime you didn't commit would be awful. Imagine the days leading up to it, knowing you're innocent but still gonna die.
>>
apparently the most painful way to die is being burned alive
>>
Any way that will make you struggle. Buried, burned, drowned and so on. If you are tied then it becomes worse.
>>
Teeth and nails pulled out then slowly roasted by giant magnifying glass
>>
>>17912982
But, I hear the nerve endings in your skin melt away before you can feel any real pain, and what kills you is suffocation from the fire sucking the air right out of your lungs.
>>
Drowning in the open ocean or bleeding to death from a bullet to the gut followed by being pulled into a black hole.
>>
>>17912982
Fuck that go get eaten by a bear imo that'd be worse...
>>
Like that one girl that got tortured and raped by the yakuza.
>>
Drowning is relatively quick but would still be pretty awful.

You know that horrible feeling where you accidently inhale some water and have to violently cough for a minute? Imagine that first lungful of water and then coughing on it and bringing nothing in except more water.
>>
>>17913025
Reminder to never go anywhere with an abductor. Make them shoot you.
>>
>>17912774
Eaten alive by a bear / lion
>>
>>17912774
>lost in space
>in space
>space
>>
Alone
>>
>>17913043
this desu
Drowning fuckin sucks.
>>
>>17913059
>>17912998
This
Or croc/alligator where you get the bonus of drowning at the same time
>>
>>17912774
Torn apart by dogs would suck.
>>
Eaten by ants, or that Persian method where they seal you in a canoe but leave your head out and force feed you milk and honey. You die from the bugs and exposure. It takes quite a while.
>>
>>17913249
Oh, you mean scaphism? Here's the wikipedia article for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
>>
>>17912774
crucifixion
>>
>>17912774
From loneliness. Actually does happen to some in the records.
>>
>>17914522
How
>>
>>17914537
A broken heart duh stupid.
>>
>>17912774
what would being sucked into a black hole feel like?
>>
>>17914560
I'm dead serious, pretty sure the term is 'spaghettified' if you can imagine how that would feel
>>
>>17914547
Then why isnt everyone on 4chan dead
>>
disentery/hunger
eaten alive very slowly by some animal
death by sawing
impaled
>>
File: 1467565229396.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1467565229396.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>17913094
>>
>>17914560
I'm guessing it wouldn't feel like anything because your body would be crushed and stretched so much and so quickly yo wouldn't feel a thing
>>
File: 1462678861081.jpg (39KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1462678861081.jpg
39KB, 500x524px
>>17913025
Junko Furuta.

Also The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum (great film adaptation) is a similar, American, case. Most fucked up movie this side of Cold Fish and the crazy part is the real life story it's based on is somehow worse.

Also the answer the the question, OP, is alone.
>>
>>17912808
By lost in space do you mean, floating through empty space without any tether or hope of rescue? That would be terrible. Wishing you would float close enough to a planet to enter it's gravity so you could at least burn up on entry instead of waiting to slowly die of dehydration.
>>
eventually drowning to death in an inescapable room that fills with water slowly
>>
>>17912774
>Curious on what /x/ thinks is the worst way to die.
during sex, you are just about to having an orgasm
>>
Ripping your own head off bare handed.
>>
>>17912994
Who did you hear that from
>>
Boiled.
Not instantly, but the water gradually heating up with you inside.
>>
>>17915532
You'd still die pretty quickly. And excruciating
>>
>>17912774
Well that's easy. Torture and solitary imprisonment. Your days are having fingernails ripped out, gas poured in your eyes, being covered in ants, etc and your nights are silent and alone. Before your mind breaks it stops long enough for you to feel hope then back to being beaten and bones broken and teeth smashed with a hammer.
>>
Feet first into the wood chipper, duh
>>
Lost in space would be pretty comfy desu
>>
Is it technically dying if you wake up and realize your whole life up to that point was a dream?
>>
>>17915800
I once had a ridiculously vivid dream of me just going about my daily routine for over 2 weeks. It felt exactly like real life, which is weird for me because usually my dreams are super surreal abstract shit. On the last day, I went to sleep (in the dream) and then I woke up (in real life) and looked at the clock to see that I'd been asleep for a grand total of 45 minutes. Spent the next several days constantly questioning reality.
>>
>>17915813
Do you think life is real now?
>>
>>17915824
Honestly I don't know. Might as well treat it as real though, I have nothing to lose except my sanity.
>>
Rotting in an Iranian prison for thirty years after being falsely accused of some bullshit minor infraction and getting an infection from not having clean water. Not to mention the rapin's.
>>
>>17912995
Bleeding out wouldn't be that bad I think
>>
>>17915529
High school science teacher

She was a pretty dumb bitch though
>>
File: ClB0CZL.gif (2MB, 618x261px) Image search: [Google]
ClB0CZL.gif
2MB, 618x261px
Imagine getting bitten by a great white shark, it latching on and yanking you under before you have a chance to hold your breath. Trying to scream but the ocean fills your lungs as your dragged underneath, watching the surface and sunlight get farther and farther away, until finally you're at the bottom with a 18ft shark.
>>
File: kBytjAt.jpg (3KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
kBytjAt.jpg
3KB, 236x177px
>>17916221
>>
>>17914560
I'm pretty sure you would die from the gravity fucking up your insides before you become spagettified
>>
>>17915288
>stretched so much and so quickly

But the gravitational pull of a black hole is of significant force to distort time. I understand what you mean, but there would be nothing quick about being being pulled into a black hole.
>>
>>17915895
Depends on the method applied. Some practitioners of torture will methodically remove strips of your skin to slow the process. I've read it described in a book, and honestly I think it would be a pretty horrible way to go.
>>
idk the act of dying isn't actually that scary to me. knowing that you will die shortly scares me more. at least cancer patients get to say their and a couple of months to prepare themselves. so die alone, floating around in space i guess.
>>
>>17916740
knowing *that you will die soon
>>
>>17916685

But you're wrong, space and time is relative, time doesn't slow down for you, but would be for anyone that could watch you that was outside of the huge pull in space and time.

It also depends on how you were going into the black hole, if it was a slow descent, or an orbit, it would be much more painful, but if it was a straight shot into it, it would be nearly instant.
>>
>skinned
>salted
>lightly boiled
>rub poison ivy into skinned flesh
>deep fried

Yeah
>>
Being covered by maggots

The part where they get to the eye is so chilling for me
>>
>>17916768
Good point, thanks for the correction.
>>
Scaphism and crucifixion
>>
>>17916800
I dont think maggots can kill you actually. They only eat dead flesh so if they were covering you in great numbers youre already pretty far gone. They are actually stil used in a medical capacity in modern times to debride necrotic wounds.
>>
>>17912774
+1 for 'Brazen Bull'

Radiation sickness
Full body paralysis (+ nobody helps you)
>>
>>17916876
There's always been one aspect of this event that bugged me:

Who the fucking fuck thought pyrotechnics were appropriate for a fucking bar?
>>
File: Bye bye.jpg (53KB, 951x675px) Image search: [Google]
Bye bye.jpg
53KB, 951x675px
>>17916888
They did it everywhere, was never a problem before. Idiotic though, I agree.

For me what bugged me was that moment at the 15-16 second mark. I took a screenshot.

He comes up to the front of the stage, this purple light shines down on him, and the fire is lit. It all seems so... purposeful...

I guess what I can't tear myself away from is the suspicion that this just HAD to be... I know it sounds crazy but it FEELS like this was on purpose... idk...
>>
>>17912774
I'd imagine being crucified and left to whither away would be one hell of shitty way to go. Especially when vultures moving in.
>>
>>17916876
>>17916888
>>17916910
I just heard something I never noticed before. 7:52 the camera operator is shouting into his cellphone to the TV station. "You need a live truck down here right now!"

Hmm. Priorities.
>>
Probably being stabbed in the throat and then just bleeding out. Im just scared of being stabbed desu
>>
You're all fucking idiots.
The worst way to die would be to be analyzed for the most horrifying experience imaginable for you, then plug your brain up to artificial sensory aparati that would simulate that horrible reality for you untill the heat death of the universe.

/thread
>>
>>17915895
If you get shot in the gut, your stomach acids leak out and slowly melt away your insides
>>
Alien abduction human mutiation.

From all accounts, you're 100% awake and lucid, in screaming agony while it takes place.

>autopsy reveals hematoma covering the entire brain after body retrieval

IF YOU SEE A UFO

RUN

IF YOU SEE A METAL ROPE COMING FOR YOUR LEGS

RUN!
>>
>>17912774
What about that Japanese scientist who lived for 30 days without most of his skin after a dose of radiation?
>>
>>17917414
Low quality b8 anon.
Also that comic you're referring to blows.
>>
>>17917419

Meant yo say MUTILATION

damn cell phone, this is what happens when you're a 6'7 army ranger trying to type on a tiny ass screen
>>
>>17917426
>hoah!
Just kidding thats the gayest shit the army makes us do
>duty first
>>
>>17917439

why's it gay? if you're going to do it, do it well and with enthusiasm senpai

HOOOOOAAH!
>>
>>17912982
>apparently the most painful way to die is being burned alive
not really, you'd pass out from oxygen asphyxiation before even a minute passed, and from there its just a peaceful eternal sleep (assuming you actually even die, that is)
>>
File: betrayal.png (373KB, 900x1131px) Image search: [Google]
betrayal.png
373KB, 900x1131px
>>17912774
Betrayal. Physical damage is one thing, and perhaps the agonizing awareness of your own inevitable doom is another, but there's just something about the realization that someone you thought was a friend would turn around and lead you to your demise... on top of everything else... it's heartbreaking.
>>
>>17916910
>I know it sounds crazy but it FEELS like this was on purpose... idk...
You are a conspiracy theorist and it is more comforting to believe people intentionally cause things always rather than it being uncontrolled.
>>
probably betrayal from someone you trusted more than anything or anyone else
>>
>>17915423
or you know... take off your helmet and basicaly implode from instant depressurization
>>
>>17912774
Anything to do with fuckdeep water, to hell with that.
>>
>>17915813
I hate it when I get dreams like that, because then I have to figure out if stuff I thought I did was either a dream or real life.
>>
>>17912774
ignorant
>>
>>17921235
>obligatory ouchy comment
>>
File: rat-torture.jpg (53KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
rat-torture.jpg
53KB, 500x316px
for some reason I am really scared of rat torture that shit it just must be so painfull
>>
>>17912774
Getting your cock and balls cut off with rusty hedge clippers, then just left to bleed out as you weep over your lost manhood.
>>
>>17912814
Really good documentary on Netflix about that happening to a guy
>>
>>17915514
Get on a Web cam and prove it
>>
>>17917414

you'd just get used to it tho
>>
Rolling around in the Gympie Gympie tree then being forced to stay alive
>>
Skinned alive while the wounds cauterised

Being boiled down in an acid vat
>>
File: asylum-bed-300x179.jpg (12KB, 300x179px) Image search: [Google]
asylum-bed-300x179.jpg
12KB, 300x179px
White Torture
>>
File: 200-human-disposal.png (1MB, 800x4266px) Image search: [Google]
200-human-disposal.png
1MB, 800x4266px
>>17917414
>>
Speaking of which, have any astronauts been lost this way?
>>
>>17916780
Damn dude, you have a brutal imagination. I wouldnt want to be one of your victims
>>
>>17922136
Where is that screenshot from
>>
>>17923219
Most likely yes, check Lost Cosmonauts
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1500x1497px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1500x1497px
Being flayed
Having small sections slowly amputated until it becomes lethal
Chest cavity being torn open

I still believe acute radiation poisoning is by far the worst and most painful way to die. Look up "Ouchi radiation" or something of the like for an example
Also dying of untreated bone cancer with no pain medicine is also pretty bad
>>
>>17915813
>>17915824
>>17915831
On an unrelated note, I am convinced this is what will happen when we all die. Much like you dreamt 2 weeks of your life in the space of 45 minutes, I think that in the moments before dying the brain will hallucinate what seems like an eternity of whatever afterlife we believe in or want. Christians will hallucinate an eternity in heaven with Jesus etc. That way everyone will be 'right' and everyone will be happy
>>
Dying. Dying at all is the worst way to die.
>>
>>17915813
Speaking of this kind of shit
I went to sleep one night, lived through 15 years of an apocalyptic world.
A virus swiftly killed everything.
I died when I was shot.
I woke up and freaked out, leaving me with a mental evaluation.
This world is much better then that one.
>>
>>17913094
I would positively despise it if anyone saw me die. Such a bad state is not for idiots to gawk at, whether or not under the pretense of "caring."
>>
>>17916864
They certainly can. Many species eat live flesh, and a few kinds even require it.

However, in humans, death usually results if they get up into your sinuses or down your throat. There, they can block air passage either through great numbers or by causing massive inflammation.

Google "myiasis." For extra nightmare fuel, specify blowfly and human.
>>
>>17920716
This actually makes it sound like a pretty comfy death scenario. You'd float for a while, come to terms with your inevitable death, probably have some deep, deep fucking feels about space and the nature of life and all that, and then when you're ready, just take off the helmet and... poof.
>>
Maybe being pressurized to death. Imagine going deeper and deeper in water and feeling your ears get blown in and then the pressure on your eyes and chest.
>>
>>17912774
That guy who got like 20 sievert radiation and was being kept alive for a few weeks while slowly completely decaying inside and outside.

I think that's the most horrible way to die.
>>
>>17921235
>his name was fucking Ouchi
God is cruel
>>
File: burn.jpg (104KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
104KB, 1024x575px
>>17912774
Probably burned, boiled or being desitegrated at chomosome level by radiation like pic related
>>
>>17924892
Exposure to the vacuum of space would not kill you instantly though, more likely your lungs would rupture from the sudden change in pressure for the moisture and gases, and the extreme dryness and temperatures would begin mummifying you alive. All in all it would probably last around a minute before you died, consciousness could be lost anywhere from seconds to not at all.
>>
>>17913043
>You know that horrible feeling where you accidently inhale some water and have to violently cough for a minute?

That happened to me but worse. I almost choked to death on a drop of water. Later I googled it and found out sometimes the throat spasms and closes when irritated by water, and you can pass out or suffocate.
>>
>>17914579

How do you know we aren't?
>>
>>17925488
Except that same vacuum would cause your head to explode due to the natural atmospheric pressure pushing from inside your skull in an attempt to equalize.
>>
being skinned with a butter knife
>>
>>17914579
/thread
>>
>>17914579
Alright everyone, you heard the man.

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>17912774
>>17912774
I have given this much thought

Being eaten by pests (rodents, insects) while bound, being burned/boiled/grilled alive, or (a personal invention of mine) I call cycled amputation, getting each limb, starting with the extremities, ground down towards the body so the pain of amputation is repeated ad infinitum. another is death in a very tight, cramped position, perhaps buried in a cloth sack, or forced to lie in a tight chamber until death.

Also combine any of the above with psychological torture, which particular type employed varies heavily depending on the individual (phobias, loved ones tormented, play games with them)

sorry i don't mean to sound like an edgemaster just answering your question op
>>
Isolation

Being stuck in a collapsed mine or buried alive. If you're lucky, you'll asphyxiate. But if there's oxygen you'll just wait for days, weeks even, to die of dehydration or starvation. Standing at the cusp of the abyss waiting for it to consume you. The sensory deprivation alone would drive you insane, plus the fear and stress of knowing what is coming.

This is why I avoid caves like the plague
>>
>>17925488
>>17925535
Both wrong
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_exposure?wprov=sfla1

Unconsciousness in roughly 14 seconds
Lungs collapse and start to freeze
Fluids begin to boil
No explodey
>>
>>17924818
Have you ever spoken to a doctor about compulsory lying?
>>
>>17924787
i believe in an afterlife of anime tiddies
>>
File: frog13.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
frog13.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>>17926050
fuck this made me feel
Just imagining some torturer putting you through a game show -esque torture where you have to answer impossibly difficult questions correctly or your friends/family/significant other get tortured until they die then ultimately you are the one tortured til death...
>>
>>17916221
Thanks for that....
>>
Honestly i think the worst death would be having to live forever. Think about it.
Like maybe you could preserve your consciousness in a vessel and youre sent out into space. Now you wait. You float through the universe and wait. At first, it would be amazing to get to see other galaxies knowing you have all the time you need to be able to visit all of them. But soon after youd likely go insane because of the lack of anything other than visual perception. So your consciousness sits, insane, for trillions of years. Then finally, when the universe nears its end, you'll know you have nothing to look forward to and nothing to look back on, and nobody to share your experiences with. It would be no bueno.
Either that, or the one where your consciousness is tortured until the heat death of the universe
>>
>>17924787
I've read this theory somewhere before. Might've been something to do with Leary, maybe a biography?
>>
>>17915532
at least there would be a few moments where the water is your ideal temperature
>>
>>17923175
looks comfy desu
>>
>>17914522
>>17914537
>>17914547
>>17914579

my neighbors had been married for close to 75 years. they were in pretty good health. one day, the husband took a fall & his health quickly deteriorated. like so quickly. I guess they had taken him to the doctor & found a bunch of stuff after tests. so knowing that probably wore him out mentally.

anyway, he passed maybe a couple of months after his first fall. those two last months were hell for him, though. couldn't do anything at all anymore. had his wife help. sometimes she'd come over and ask me to help because he had fallen again & he couldn't get up.

so he passed soon after.

she was completely distraught. stopped doing anything. wouldn't go out. I'd check in on her by knocking & asking if she needed anything. her family would take turns staying with her. she was just said & would cry all the time about her husband. she knew nothing else in life.

she passed away a month after he did. & she was in good health generally speaking, too. really sucked.

so yeah. if you're in that long enough, I can see it mentally taking a toll on anyone & causing deterioration.
>>
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popular_Science_Monthly/Volume_13/May_1878/The_Question_of_Pain_in_Drowning

A lot of people say drowning is peaceful once you get to the actual dying, and I think with burning you'd probably pass out. Probably intense physical pain so slow slicing or being hung drawn and quartered.

Starving etc. is stressful but not the worst way, millions of humans have starved and it's kind of a natural thing in many animals lives, you pass out and die eventually
>>
>>17915813
I had the same thing when I was 10 years old, dreamed my regular school day in about 2 hours. Was boring as fuck
>>
>>17914560
you'd be dead far before you even reached the event horizon instantly
>>
>>17917420
It was longer than that but he was unconscious for most of it, pretty painful when he was alive though
>>
>>17921235
he wasn't actually conscious at this point
>>
Old age. Of some long term disease.
>>
Answering this shitty question is the worst way... good ..bye
>>
>>17923219
>Lost Cosmonauts
>>17923305
I remember reading about that, pretty creepy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sgc1I9sjfc
>>
>>17927102
lol don't answer it-Oh wait.. you didn't answer it..
>>
>>17926082
yeah that one is pretty bad
or they don't kill you at the end, they leave you severely disabled and you have no one left, all your family and friends brutally executed in front of you

or even worse they turn your family into nuggets with no arms legs or eyes or vocal chords etc. jeez this is sickening i need to stop
>>
>>17927064

I hope they found peace if not each other in another world, they sound like they possessed true love

You've a good heart to have helped where you could
>>
Being thrown into a pit with a starving anaconda in pitch black and knowing whats down there before you go in
>>
accidentally overdosing when you're not suicidal has to be one of the worst imo.
especially if you realize it's happening and you know it could have been avoided but it's too late
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>17912774
Lost in space wouldn't be too bad depending on the nature of your craft or perhaps the suit you're in. If I had the choice I'd personally just let the oxygen leak till I passed out and eventually died before I starved to death. I think the most unsettling thought would be the lack of comunication and isolation. But in general definitely not the worse way to die, maybe the eeriest thing to experience while living would be going through a black hole and finding yourself on a really strange planet like Ren and Stimpy did in that one episode. That shits freaked me out since the 90s
>>
>>17927064
It's a documented syndrome, if that means anything to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy
>>
>>17915813
WAKE UP
>>
>>17917408
It wouldn't hurt that bad. Being stabbed in the important arteries in your neck is a quick-kill military combat skill, you would probably die in under half an hour.

What would suck would be getting stabbed in the trachea, since you can still breathe, you just cant speak.
>>
>>17917408
is the stab wound vertical or horizontal?
>>
Abducted by bad Ayy Lmaos, there's so many stories of people being dissected alive and having shit taken out of them. Type in Alien Human Multaliation.
Seriously one guy had every part of his brain blood vessels burst so it means he was alive and awake while his skull was cut open and had stuff taken out of him.
>>
>>17926991
>worst death
>living forever

Nigga make your mind up
>>
>>17930597
you would die eventually in that situation, assuming that at some point our universe will "die" taking everything with it
>>
You have to take into account the mental stress as much as physical pain

People used some pretty horrific torture methods long ago, it'd be hard to single one out as the "worst"

Aa far as "natural" causes go, I'd say either drowning or being eaten alive depending on what it is.
>>
>>17912774
in a mine cave in
>>
>>17913045
This is good advice. I like it.
>>
>>17912808
>being buried alive

That's [i]my[/i] biggest fear . . .
>>
File: bill clap.gif (3MB, 350x373px) Image search: [Google]
bill clap.gif
3MB, 350x373px
>>17914579
>>
>>17915615
add rape and youre spot on
>>
>>17915813
Had a similar thing except my dream was about a month or two and Iwas another person in another country.
>>
File: old-virgins-main-600x426[1].jpg (82KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
old-virgins-main-600x426[1].jpg
82KB, 600x413px
>>17912774
>Wake up
>it's your birthday
>you have no family or friends that care about you
>no gf even
>it's your 80th birthday
>you're still a virgin
>pick up a black crackslut off the side of the hood
>you give her $5 for a blowjob
>you can't get it up at all
>doctor says viagra for you is dangerous for your emotional heart
>black hooker gives up
>give her $5
>go home
>try to whack off, but still limp, can't cum for an hour straight
>cry knowing you'll not only die a virgin but an unloved one as well
>>
I remember a vid of a guy who got hit by a train, either suicide or an accident.
He was thrown away 20 meters from tracks and was screaming and crying and saying he wanted to be home and to his mother (he was 20 something)
It was so bad that drunks who found him were seriously considered furnishing him because it was obvious the guy was pretty much done.

Shit was probably heavier than this vid of a brick flying into a windshield.
>>
>>17921235
ay there smoothskin
>>
>>17915813
If the clock doesn't look distorted or isn't showing impossible combinations (like 74:68), you are most likely awake.
>>
back blast from your CC.
>>
>>17912774
Becoming kill
>>
>>17932205
What about surviving from falling off a cliff and breaking a few bones and eventually succumbing to death due to exposure or dehydration
>>
>>17916221

most people who are bitten are so overcome by shock that they don't register the pain until they see the wound. After that the shark (assuming it's a great white, other species vary) will most likely spit you out and go away, either becuase it doesn't like the taste of your wetsuit, you're not a seal like it thought, or it realises you don't contain nearly enough fat to sustain it.

being circled by white tip reef sharks, that'd be a fucking horrible way to go, but none of these are as bad as simply being dropped in open water.
>>
>>17912774
Death by ants (Any kind, but likely the painful ones)
>>
>>17912774
>Brazen Bull
>Acute Radiation Sickness
>Scaphism
>Breaking wheel

Traditional seppuku/harakiri is also a bit disturbing.
>>
>>17917419
They don't kill you. Reports also speak, that aliens are able to make the pain disappear, by a mere hand wave, before the subject's eyes.
>>
>>17912774
Tied up to where you can't move any of your limbs, thrown into a hole in the ground and covered in cement, all while you're awake.
>>
File: 1429405487686.jpg (50KB, 306x338px) Image search: [Google]
1429405487686.jpg
50KB, 306x338px
>>17913278
> more honey would be poured on him to attract insects, with special attention devoted to the eyes, ears, mouth, face, genitals, and anus. In some cases, the executioner would mix milk and honey and pour that mixture all over the victim. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects which would eat and breed within the victim's exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The individual would lie naked, covered from head to toe in milk, honey, and his own feces. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that fatal dehydration or starvation did not occur. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation, and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

Jesus christ that's horrifying
>>
>>17921235
>>17924648
>>17925483
>>17917420

>The greatest source of radiation exposure in a criticality accident is the flux of neutrons and gamma rays that emanates directly from the fissioning nuclei and rapidly decaying fission products.... According to STA, Hisashi Ouchi was exposed to 17 sieverts of radiation ... Masato Shinohara was exposed to 10 sieverts of radiation [and] Yutaka Yokokawa received a dose of 3 sieverts.... One sievert (Sv), which equals 100 rems, is a measure of the biological response to the absorbed radiation. Normally people receive an average of 0.003 Sv annually from natural causes. Half of all individuals exposed instantaneously to 4 Sv die within 30 days. Doses of 10 and 17 Sv are above the levels normally considered fatal.

>Yutaka Yokokawa did not require transfusions and was discharged from the hospital on December 20, 1999. Hisashi Ouchi, 35, died of multiple organ failure on December 21, 1999. He suffered serious burns to most of his body, severe damage to his internal organs, and had a near-zero white blood cell count. Masato Shinohara, 40, died on April 27, 2000, of multiple organ failure despite a seven-month fight by doctors after his exposure to the large dose of radiation.

http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/4241_Tokaimura_Accident.html

http://www.wise-uranium.org/eftokc.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident#In_1999

1/2
>>
>>17936378
2/2

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0952-4746/19/4/603/meta;jsessionid=4772D55E7A8A7A36E6B0059F20D2731C.c5.iopscience.cld.iop.org

this link gives the most detail of some of their medical care. patients are "Mr. O" and "Mr. S"...

>Mr O remained in a critical condition, with fluid accumulating in his lungs as a result of dehydration, one of the early effects of radiation. The number of lymphocytes in his blood reached zero, causing his immune system to deteriorate dramatically. If the transplantation is successful, Mr O's white blood cells should start increasing. If the treatment is ineffective, they will consider a bone marrow transplant.

it was a horrible, terrible accident - I believe the factory was at least partly at fault relating to safety... And at the very least, Mr. O and Mr. S were heavily sedated in the beginning and in induced comas by the end. In the case of Mr. Ouchi, whose sister was a donor for one of his major transplants, we know his family was there.

(be wary of less trust worthy sources on the net who hype the terrible ordeal by calling his Japanese doctors "evil nazis" or "sick and cruel" for "keeping him alive" "to experiment"... the truth is horrible enough!
>>
File: parts.jpg (9KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
parts.jpg
9KB, 319x158px
>>17914560
>what would being sucked into a black hole feel like?
>>17914570
>'spaghettified'
>>17915288
>crushed and stretched so much and so quickly yo wouldn't feel a thing

Sorta reminds me of this infamous case of instant death:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident

Coward, Lucas, and Bergersen were exposed to the effects of explosive decompression and died in the positions indicated by the diagram. Subsequent investigation by forensic pathologists determined Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the 60 centimetres (24 in) in diameter opening created by the jammed interior trunk door by escaping air and violently dismembered, including bisection of the thoracoabdominal cavity which further resulted in expulsion of all internal organs of the chest and abdomen except the trachea and a section of small intestine and of the thoracic spine and projecting them some distance, one section later being found 10 metres (30 ft) vertically above the exterior pressure door.

Medical investigations were carried out on the four divers' remains. The most conspicuous finding of the autopsy was large amounts of fat in large arteries and veins and in the cardiac chambers, as well as intravascular fat in organs, especially the liver. This fat was unlikely to be embolic, but must have precipitated from the blood in situ. It is suggested the boiling of the blood denatured the lipoprotein complexes, rendering the lipids insoluble.

The rigor mortis was unusually strong. The hypostases (accumulations of blood in internal organs) were light red, and in two cases, there were numerous hemorrhages in the livers. All the organs showed large amounts of gas in the blood vessels, and scattered hemorrhages were found in soft tissues. One of the divers had a large sub-conjunctival bulla (a blister in the tissue of the eye)
>>
Boiled alive
>>
>>17927658
Vertical
>>
>>17933452
>Acute Radiation Sickness
It's not that bad compared to a lot of other stuff mentioned in this thread. You feel fine for a little while after exposure, and as you start to feel the effects it's not so much pain as discomfort. Granted the last stretch is pretty bad as organ failure and rashes really do some damage, but it's actually pretty easy to die in your sleep if you got hit with enough radiation.
>>
>>17936545
>boiled alive
sounds horrible

how about
>>17936402
>The most conspicuous finding of the autopsy was large amounts of fat in large arteries and veins and in the cardiac chambers, as well as intravascular fat in organs, especially the liver. This fat was unlikely to be embolic, but must have precipitated from the blood in situ. It is suggested the boiling of the blood denatured the lipoprotein complexes, rendering the lipids insoluble.
>boiling of the blood
>>
>>17927248
Had some close calls with stuff like that.. really got me to straighten up. I don't want to die or be afraid like that ever again
>>
>buried alive
>tortured by a mexican druglord
>boiled/fried
>eaten alive
life is misery ;_;
>>
>>17933434
I know, I think it's only 1 in every 3 million diving trips that someone is attacked & dies

I'm just saying it would suck to be that unlucky one. Occasionally sharks will keep biting after the test bite, it's rare but it does happen. They aren't totally sure why they do it because humans aren't good food, but yeah. Territorial or feeling threatened would be my guess
>>
A virgin
>>
>>17936378
>>17936385
>pic related is "patient B" or "Mr. S" (Masato Shinohara)

this is a cashed, translated from Chinese to English page with several pictures - not all of them to Tokimura but other nuclear radiation burn victims.

>http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SazpmbsWoykJ:k.sina.cn/article_1686474312_64858e48001000u6c.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I've noticed most cited or "trustworthy" sources do not identify the workers by name, but mention their ages. Mr. Shinohara lived the longest, and a third worker (who at one point had zero white cells) was able to recover and was eventually discharged (to a radiological services institute). Both Ouchi and Shinohara ultimately died of multiple organ failure.
There has been some "despair" over the treatment in this case, of doctors doing everything they can to save someone who has had a lethal dose of radiation poisoning. It's important to remember the doctors were following procedure and doing all they can (I believe the book on Ouchi describes their actions as "heroic"), including keeping the patients as free from pain and suffering as possible, while trying to save them. Again, it's been verified that Ouchi's family was there. The doctors may have used some procedures as "trial and error" but they were working with what was the known best practices at the time. Or at least, at that time, using euthanasia wasn't a realistic possibility. Medical ethics is a complicated issue and how assisted suicide in Japan has it's own role.

The gory nature of the pictures, which have been posted and re-posted thousands of times beyond the original (privacy violating) source, and translations of what happened along with it have led to speculation and biased details about the role of the doctors, and even which pictures are which (unrecognizable) person.

if you google the Japanse Wiki article, you can get a translated version

>https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/東海村JCO臨界事故
>>
>>17927248
Yea, I always keep an iron peace, when I realize, I took too much, or mixed things wrong. This probably saved me a few times... I don't do risque stuff like that anymore.
>>
>>17915402
poor Junko. Silvia Likens is another one. Tortured by peers - some people kill themselves over being made fun of by their peers. Fucking dying while kids you know are laughing while hurting you? uggh

I've read some details of torture and death (or sometimes escape) at the hands of a killer. That would be horrifying. I think a death long enough for you to be aware of it, but sudden enough to surprise you (basically having time to say "oh shit this is how I'm going to die and then freaking out) would be terrible, then varying after that depending on how painful/prolonged it is until the final moment comes.

Like that Russian actor? the young guy that was in a bunch of movies - Alpha Dog, anyone? He was trapped between two cars or one and a security gate or something, and died - just like that. happened recently. thinking that he had time to be scared and want help and thought NOO as it happened is just fucked. up. to me. RIP poor guy.

>>17912985
>Any way that will make you struggle.
that's an interesting point.

>>17913043
thanks for reinstating my fear of drowning, anon

>>17927583
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy
broken heart syndrome :( :( :(

>>17933401
yikes

or

dehydration due to being lost, alone, in comlete darkness in Ukraine underground catacombs

>http://www.vice.com/read/dying-in-ukraines-endless-labyrinth-of-catacombs-341
(the Masha story has conflicting sources and isn't verified, but there have been multiple deaths (and murders) and bodies found there. great, spoopy article.
>>
>>17932222
Checked
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.