[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 45

File: BlankMap-USA-states.png (31KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
BlankMap-USA-states.png
31KB, 1513x983px
What state is the spookiest?
>>
State of Paranoia
>>
File: nm00a[1].jpg (14KB, 433x214px) Image search: [Google]
nm00a[1].jpg
14KB, 433x214px
>>17911827

New Mexico, by far.
>>
>>17911827
Texas we got pterodactyls and crazy inbreds that kill people and sell the meat and all the messyskin spoops to go with it
>>
I've seen some pretty spooky shit in my day. Particularly in a house I lived in in Ohio. I'll try to find and post some pics of what we got if anybody wants to see them
>>
>>17911914
Post them anon
>>
>>17911919
Might take some digging. They're from when I was little. I have this thread bookmarked so no worries there. Some spooky shit going down in that house man. We got the pictures that I'll post, and our cat (who is still alive and is now 17 years old) kept meowing into closets and corners and shit. Reverse search the pics if you want when I post them. I'll do it tomorrow if I can.
>>
>>17911935
Sweet I will be waiting for your pics anon and just in case the thread 404s Pls make a thread that sounds spookier than Joan Rivers naked
>>
Wisconsin's north woods can be pretty unsettling late at night. I once had something pretty weird happen. Long story needs its own thread.
>>
File: Louisiana_in_United_States_svg.png (234KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
Louisiana_in_United_States_svg.png
234KB, 1024x634px
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
>>
>>17911827
whichever state has the most spooky forests
>>
>>17911990
This certainly
>>
>>17911990
Nigger magic and crocs sooo spooky
>>
Posting here to help keep the thread from 404ing
>>
File: 1463421570361.jpg (137KB, 1000x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1463421570361.jpg
137KB, 1000x1271px
>>17911990
Yeah, they take the cake considering there's a sizable population practicing pagan rituals and dark magic on a regular basis.
>>
>>17911827
Louisiana

>Hurricane Katrina
>VOODOO
>>
File: 1434674334155.png (215KB, 571x429px) Image search: [Google]
1434674334155.png
215KB, 571x429px
Without a doubt the land of the Skiwalker Ranch, Utah. Mormons be terrifying and shit.
>>
>>17912169
A hurricane is spooky now??
>>
>>17912169
>Yellow Fever
>Constant fires burning whole cities down
>vampires
>our own brand of werewolves
>swamp monsters
We have some pretty weird shit.
>>
File: Stirner.gif (150KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.gif
150KB, 245x320px
any state in the south
>>
>>17911972
I agree. What happened if I may ask? Shortened story ?
>>
File: 1467011343280.jpg (1MB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1467011343280.jpg
1MB, 1600x1190px
>>17912185
They brought it on themselves with their dark sorceries.
>>
>>17912198
Stirner is fedore tier, hope spooks tickle you to death for posting.
>>
>>17912179
Skinwalker ranch is fake as shit and a tourist trap. not saying there aren't any skinwalkers in utah, but they sure as shit aren't there.

Mormons are pretty fucking scary soemtimes but definitely not as scary as the shit involving the U.S government in Utah, anyone who's lived there long enough could tell you that.
>>
Arizona is fuckin terrifying, not even necessarily a supernatural level. Arizona is like a tiny Australia dropped into the west of America. Also old west ghost spoops and people going musing in forest and shit.
>>
>>17912534
>Missing, not Musing! Damn it! Can't catch a break today.
>>
>>17912534

Gonna have to second this. So many old mountains, ruins and geological formations adds a heavy amount of supernatural spoops.
>>
>>17912556
Gotta mention those goddamned mines that are everywhere. Super spoops. Also the whole "Phoenix Lights" thing.
>>
This post made me go take a state memory test
>>
>>17912534
what, I've lived here for 20+ years and have gone venturing in the middle of the night for years and nothing happened.
>>
File: nevada-state-capital-map.jpg (53KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
nevada-state-capital-map.jpg
53KB, 500x647px
>>
>>17912198
except Florida
>>
Washington, because of Spookane
>>
>>17911914
Ohio's fucked up, I had this book when I was little of all the weird stuff that happened here. It's the exact wrong mix of urban developed areas and bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>17911827
i wouldn't say New York is the spookiest, but some pretty fucked shit happens in the Adirondacks now and again.
>>
>>17913575
I live in Northeast Ohio, so we don't have all THAT much bumfuck nowhere, but what we do have is a whole shit ton of heroin and heroin related deaths. There's also the grass man, lizard people, the satanic rituals at the ski resort that I like to go to, crybaby bridge, the Gore Orphanage, and the Ohio State Penitentiary, among others in Ohio in general.
>>
File: spooky map.png (68KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
spooky map.png
68KB, 1513x983px
Areas Highlighted In red have high reports of spoops
>>
>>17912534
Yea, especially on the all the Native land, spoopy shit goes on there
>>
Most Southwestern states
>Arizona has Phoenix Lights, skin walkers, and a gorillion old West ghost towns on top of local yokel reports of creatures in and around Picacho Lake
>Nevada has area 51 and various other alien spoopenings
>New Mexico has more aliums and is home to THE alien encounter
>>
>>17911999
You've clearly never been to a desert. Alone in the middle of the night, all you can see on the moonlit horizon are shapes that you can only hope are cacti, while not even a cricket chirps. Between being out in the Georgian boonies or the barren Arizona desert, the desert frightened me much more, and I've been there for most of my life.
>>
>saw a ghost in NH
>constant UFO sightings in CO
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
Washington State is the most spooky

>You don't know true horror until your alternator dies while in the middle of State Route 165 leaving Mt. Rainer
>>
>>17914627
>Mt. Ranier
I once broke down on MLK Blvd at 2am on a Saturday night.
>>
File: IMG_20160705_140143.jpg (30KB, 506x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_140143.jpg
30KB, 506x443px
Oregon.
We have skinchangers. And sasquatch. Dude, I've gone haunted house exploring many-a-time, and I have literally seen ghosts a billion fucking times.

In my old house, in Gold Hill, my sister's bedroom was fucking freaky as shit. She heard whispering and all sorts of shit. I heard footsteps all the time, felt weird, but never the "portal to hell" as she swears to this day it is.
>>
>>17911827
wouldn't the spookiest state be the one where there are virtually no humans and animals?
less interference
>>
>>17911972

can confirm. drove to Ottawa from winnipeg and took this route 2 weeks ago and saw some crazy things in the woods
>>
>>17911827
Depends on your definitions of spooks and what you take into account, but saying that Virginia has a shit load of spooks due to the Civil War, as a matter of fact Fredericksburg, VA was considered at one point the most haunted city in the country
>>
Rhode Island. everything in Newport is old as fuck and haunted and we have the conjuring house.
>>
>>17911972

Agreed. WI fag here. In the woods at night, there is shit that goes on that really makes you wonder if we really are on the top of the food chain. Most noises can be explained as animals, but sometimes...idk, just too weird and calculated to be an animal.
>>
>>17914999

we went through chequamegon national forest and there was nothing but us the entire night. window was open and we were hacking darts when all of a sudden the loudest blood curling scream filled the quiet air and there was a flash that blinded us both. To this day we have no idea what or who it was.
>>
Arizona is fucking
>>
>>17911972
>>17914999
>>17915023

You guys ever read August Derleth's "The Dweller in Darkness"? It's a short, really good:

http://www.unz.org/Pub/WeirdTales-1944nov-00008

August Derleth was a Wisconsinite, and for those who don't know, founded the original publishing house that published Lovecraft's work outside of pulps. He was also a fellow writer and friend of H.P.
>>
>>17915044
Also, being from Wisconsin, I've been to some famous sites such as Summerwind and Bray Road and the obvious ones. Used to live in the Northwoods. It sure can get creepy up there and I love all the lore.
>>
>>17915023

I used to take walks at night just for something to do. There is one area in particular by me that is 5-6 miles of woods that runs along the fox river with a gravel trail running along the river, and through the woods and up a steep ravine there is a really old cemetery. This trail goes like 2-3 miles into the woods and then just empties out into some old industrial site. Anyways, I'm walking down this trail at alike 10 pm in mid october, so its kinda chilly. I get 1/4 mile in and every time i stop, i hear what sounds like feet dragging in the gravel behind me, like it tries to match me but is off by a second. I looks back and see nothing. There is a full moon, so its not like It's pitch black out. I slowly start to walk forward when all of a sudden I hear knocking all around me on the trees, and everything got real dark out of no where with no clouds in the sky to cover up the moon. That's probably the fastest my bitch ass has ever ran in my life.
>>
>>17915040
Hell yeah
>>
>>17911827
Ohio. We're filled with mining ghost towns. Akron is one of, if not THE, most haunted city in the US.
>>
Florida is pretty spoopy. Alligators all over the place, especially in swimming pools.
>>
>>17914640
Any photos/videos?
>>
>>17911827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuY84wjBlmY
NEVADA IS THE SCARIEST, BUT ONLY BECAUSE OF ART BELL
>I'D ALSO SAY RHODE ISLAND, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE OF LOVECRAFT
>>AND YOU KNOW, HE'S JUST IMAGINARY
NEW MEXICO IS WHERE THE AYY LMAOS CRASHED

CALIFORNIA HAD BIGFOOT, BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT, BECAUSE IT WAS JUST A GUY IN A SUIT
>SO BASICALLY FURRIES
>>CALIFORNIA IS THE SCARIEST STATE BECAUSE BIGFOOT WAS THE FIRST FURRY FETISH VIDEO THAT WENT VIRAL
>>
The 51st.
>>
>>17911990
as a louisiana native, i feel inclined to share a few things

Going out in the swamp at night is probably one of the most terrifying things a human can do. Owls everywhere, alligators that could be right under you and sounds you didn't even think could be made.

Also, if you go south of Houma, youll find a giant marshland dotted with small towns and such. In between are grassy areas with shallow water, and canals littered with shipwrecks. Also a few abandoned fishing shacks.

Then there are the things we're famous for, voodoo, plantations, etc. Those aren't as spooky as people think. I personally dont have much experience with that.

A bit north you get Nachitoches.
This town is known more for its boarding school (LSMSA) and its rich history.
But what I know it for is it being one of those towns you see in movies or shows, the type of town that is too quiet and just plain eerie. There are tons and TONS of little antique shops, and bed and breakfast's. We stayed in one of these bed and breakfasts before (my brother went to the boarding school and we went to visit). I slept on a fold-out couch and watched The Wizard of Oz on this old, crackly TV. The place was run by a mother and daughter, and they were super nice. The old mother seemed a bit too nice at times. Throughout the night, we could hear creaking, but we just assumed it was an old house. The house nextdoor was also a bed and breakfast, except this one had mannequines in the window. The daughter that managed the place we stayed at said the mannequines change between a Santa figure and a lady with black hair. She said she had never seen the owner change them out.

There's probably a billion other stories about this weird little swamp state.

Feel free to ask me anything.
>>
Southern plantations and old towns are creepiest imo. Isn't Savanah Georgia the most haunted city in the USA? Really cool place.
>>
>>17915133
Dude this was 15-23 years ago (duration)
>>
Spookesota
>>
File: 1465451603515.jpg (53KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1465451603515.jpg
53KB, 600x503px
>>17915340
Most boring state there is. No.
>>
>>17915340
Minnesota definitely has some creepy shit in the northwoods, I'd say Minnesota and Wisconsin are about equal tier.

Also South Dakota has some pretty spooky shit, abandoned farms or entire towns in the middle of nowhere, old pioneer cemeteries, native burial grounds and massacre sites, deadwood, etc... also you wouldn't think wide open areas with such few hills could be so creepy, but ive seen/heard some weird shit on the ranch my wife's family owns
>>
>>17915345
fuck off
>>
>>17915351
Wasn't there some road side killer very recently in the Hennepin County area that had yet to be caught?

Something about preying on kids walking home from a bar?
>>
>>17913809
Fellow NE Ohioen. Nice. We also have Mansfield penitentiary.
>>
>>17914636
Jesus, now i never want to go to Mt. Rainier
again. Dont even say that.
>>
>>17911881

Definitely New Mexico, Rez's are spooky as all hell at night. The desert has a really ancient vibe.
>>
has to be pennsylvania: ufo crash, bigfoot, the amish

so spoopy
>>
I think it depends on what spoops you. Different areas have different "strengths." But the answer is of course Oklahoma. Damned Native American death curses, inbred hicks, and bible-thumping in-bred hicks, not to mention all those desperados getting in gunfights.
>>
Mexico.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016_07_03_17_58_25_1.png (535KB, 1079x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016_07_03_17_58_25_1.png
535KB, 1079x1179px
>>17911827
New Mexico for sure, so much history. Aliens everywhere, ghosts everywhere, scary Indian shit everywhere. Lots of Spanish and Native witches doing creepy shit and healers curing curses.
>>
Out of all my time on /x/,
spookiest state: Maine.
Richest spooky sort of culture: Louisiana and New Mexico.
Least Spooky state: Nebraska. (I'm native to the state of course. Nothing happens. Makes me sad.)
Spookiest country: Australia. Fuck Australia man. Fuck it so hard.
>>
File: 1468385100091.png (33KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
1468385100091.png
33KB, 1513x983px
>>17911827
by a longshot
>>
Louisiana here. I talked to ghosts all the time as a kid.
>>
>>17915724
>Least Spooky state: Nebraska.

so boring even the ghosties won't visit
>>
>>17916521
Okay but some of the old houses in downtown Omaha are weird as fuck. Once my mom lived in a house where there was a closet in the attic that was just a tiny platform with a chair nailed to it.

Another time she lived in a house that had chains in the basement and a weird laundry room with jars glued to the ceiling.
>>
>>17916526
We have weird shit. But nothing spoopy. We do have good haunted house attractions though.
>>
>>17911972
WIfag here. Any spoops in the 715? I know of Bloody Bride Bridge, Boy Scout Lane, and the Cottage Restaraunt/Old Sherman House.

However, Both the Bloody Bride Bridge and Boy Scout Lane have no accounts of death or those happenings when they apparently did.

I live near the Cottage restaraunt, ate there a few times, but never saw anything or heard anything.

Apparently the owners are also the local Paranormal Society, and every Halloween they take you around the Spoops of Stevens Point/Plover. Trying to convince my gf to go with me, since I don't want to go alone (not due to fear, due to being seen a a loser with no friends, and in truth I don't have any friend, just my gf)

http://www.washingtoncountyparanormal.com/blog/the-mysterious-stacked-stones-of-bloody-bride-bridge-stevens-point-wi/
>Bloody Bride Bridge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scout_Lane
>Boy Scout Lane

http://www.prairieghosts.com/oldsherm.html
>Sherman House/newly renovated restaraunt

I live near some nice trails and wooded areas but I've never heard of anything in those woods. Maybe I'll get high and go exploring and just spoop myself because of paranoia.
>>
>>17912534
AZfag

Bunch a weird shit and yea all those mines in south mountain and all over. I once saw some red lights flying together on January 3rd of this year. I was walking my dog and saw some guy looking up at the sky and turned and saw them. I was instantly spooked, and I've never really believed in aliens and UFOs but felt awful that moment. I took some very shitty pics as they sort of disappeared and couldn't catch them in time. I looked around online afterwards and found no mention of them at all and frankly forgot all about them for a whle
>>
File: bigshow.png (25KB, 303x198px) Image search: [Google]
bigshow.png
25KB, 303x198px
>>17914617
>desert

Nigga you don't know me.

>my supposed friend sets up a ride into Death Valley in August (120 degrees F), he only puts half a tank of gas so I have enough to get there, but not get back
>he pulls up next to me and asks me "How are you gonna survive, before speeding away"
>left all alone
>two days later, after walking through the desert, I emerge with my Bike on my shoulder, Snike Tie,and Lizard Skin boots

Now fuck off shit poster
>>
>>17914617
Driving through West Texas in the middle of the night is pretty spooky. It's all desert for miles and miles and almost no people anywhere
>>
>>17911999
MAINE
A
I
N
E
>>
Louisianian here. Our "spooks" are all gimmick. Desert states seem spooky though.
>>
File: church-sign-3239571.jpg (117KB, 329x450px) Image search: [Google]
church-sign-3239571.jpg
117KB, 329x450px
>>17917575
Okay, okay, I will share one spoopy thing about Louisiana. If you're on I-10 in La and get off on Highway 3000 to Ramah, you will find a 'Church' road sign every couple miles, even closer probably. Easily in the double digits. Vast majority of these areas no longer have a church building, some buildings are abandoned but all of them have a small graveyard, most of those likely being abandoned as well (I hadn't really checked for fresh flowers). It was one of the most peculiar things I've seen, but kind of reminds me of what it must have been like way back in the day before blacks had cars. They required a church on every block. Still boonie af now like a lot of towns here as another anon said. You wouldn't believe some of these places have people living there. Amite for example. Weird, tiny, old, crap town.
>>
With out a doubt Louisiana. Swamps at night....spooky as fuck. Rougarou, cornfield man, voodoo/woodoo, ghosts, and the all too real serial killers. We got it all.
>>
>>17917155
Pointfag here. Ive been to bloody bride bridge, you're supposed to stop on the bridge at midnight, turn your lights off and look in your rearview, but since it's right on old 66 i was always too scared of getting slammed into at 70 mph
>>
>>17917641
wait, it's not amite, I was definitely thinking of Perry or Meaux...somewheres near Abbeville.
>>
>>17912525
what does the government do in utah?
>>
Virginia. Jamestown has the oldest ghosts in the nation & ghosts get spookier over time.
>>
>>17914627
Grew up in the woods out here, can confirm spooktacular
>>
File: 1467961705751.gif (350KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
1467961705751.gif
350KB, 215x194px
>>17911827
Kentucky, we got goatman and Sasquatch
>>
Chris Hansen is rebooting To Catch a Predator. Think that's enough nightmare fuel and spookiest thing.
>>
>>17913309
Yeah. Nevada has real zombies,and they're all sitting at the slot machines placed inappropriate places, like the grocery store and airport.
But in all honesty, it's eerie watching people on slot machines. They look dead inside.
>>
>>17915121
All the bad news I hear is in Florida. Nature and people are spoopy there.
>>
>>17915724
why Maine?
>>
1st is Ohio, since it has the largest number of different paranormal occurances
2nd would either be Nevada or New Mexico (tie)
3rd is North Dakota
>>
>>17911827
I live in Alabama, and it's pretty spoopy. Imagine da woods but with a boggy, smelly wet thickness to them. Lots of croaking frogs and coyotes, probably old witches in all the woods, and real life freaks and Donald Trump supporters.
>>
>>17918146
There used to be all sorts of Nuclear testing around here, dunno about modern day though.
>>
>>17918419
Know a lot of people from Maine with spooky shit to tell.
>>
>>17911827
New Jersey has a bunch of weird shit goin on. not sure if most active but definitely up there. check out weird NJ its a book about local legends and spooky shit to check out around the state. plus pine barrens at night are fucking terrifying with stories of the boonies.
>>
File: states_per_spook.png (57KB, 2018x1234px) Image search: [Google]
states_per_spook.png
57KB, 2018x1234px
I believe you'll find this graph quite helpful.
>>
File: the-meade-pyramid.jpg (123KB, 760x500px) Image search: [Google]
the-meade-pyramid.jpg
123KB, 760x500px
Where my PA fags at? This state is spooky af.
>>
>>17918951
I once visited the portal to hell in Uniontown. Scariest experience of my life. Do not ever go there.
>>
>>17918951
Yes those rocks are terrifying.
>>
>>17918925
http://weirdnj.com/category/stories/

apparently its a website too
>>
>>17912562
You listen visit the forests out side sedona. I found a few area that are creepy as Shit.
>>
>>17918965
They were constructed by a group of Rosicrucians that go out during full moons in black robes and do very strange rituals. People have reported seeing some of them floating in the air. If you are caught on the property, unmarked trucks with tinted windows chase you off.
>>
>>17911881
Im in NM, where the spooky at?
>>
>>17912534
Arizona born and raised. I was about to comment that this state is pretty calm before I read your post. Maybe it's because I've learned all the places I don't want to be, but I travel all around the state and don't find myself spooked very often at all.
>>
>>17919016
OK I read the rest of thread.
Lifelong ABQ resident here, NM does have some spook, the Natives and some of the hispanics here say some creepy shit. Very spiritual cultures, lots of history, and the desert definitely has some weird vibes.
But there Roswell is bullshit. I was on the fence before looking into it and actually visiting the muesuem, yeah, 99% no fucking aliens crashed here.
>>
>>17918976
This right here. Outside of Sedona and northeast reservation land are my two most avoided areas.
>>
The state of consciousness.
>>
>>17918938
Are there any spooktacular places near LA/Hollywood
>>
>>17919016
Santa Fe is super haunted, of course. The Pueblos are spooky and have lady by the water stories all the time.
My favorite is the town of El Duende in Northern New Mexico. El Duende means "the elf/goblin/fairy" and there are all these stories of shitty little people in the hills
>>
>>17919039
:^)
>>
>>17915121

Florida isn't spooky. Florida is fucking terrifying and it's not because of any paranormal shit, it's because so many people there are just fucking out of it
>>
>>17913877
Throw Maine in there
>>
>>17918938
>tfw New Jersey

I have seen jack shit though
>>
File: real georgia.png (66KB, 507x438px) Image search: [Google]
real georgia.png
66KB, 507x438px
Georgia. Georgia's spooky as hell. Every minute I spent in Georgia in the summer felt like it was disassociating from the rest of the continent. Some kind of shifted reality. Here's an image that explains how georgia feels to me, someone not from Georgia (from Missouri).
>>
>>17918385
And meth, and inbreds, and rednecks, and shitty bourbon, awful college football, shit weather, and obesity.
>>
File: bl3a0de8chv1kimxtado.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bl3a0de8chv1kimxtado.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>17918402
>They look dead inside.
Dont I fucking know it. I live in Reno and yes there's nothing more depressing than walking into a 7/11 and seeing the elderly/welfare bums sitting on the slots on a Tuesday at 1 in the afternoon(I work nights), only stopping to go outside for a quick smoke. It's worse near the beginning of the month(welfare payouts). I can only describe it as concentrated depression fuel, I feel sorry for myself just looking at them and I just walked in for a Slurpee. That said, as long as you stay out of the casinos, Reno is quite a nice place to live, especially in the past decade after several "beautification projects" with more on the way and the push for annual local events. It's like California without the retarded laws/taxes. Also plenty to do just outside of town if you're active. As for spoops, there are several ghost hunting organizations here with plenty of bumper stickers to prove it. I myself, have always been more interested in things like UFOs. Never seen one myself but I hear plenty of stories, especially from family who live out in the middle of Nevada. Also, weird shit is always happening here that keeps me amused, not necessarily paranormal. Years ago, while travelling on the city bus to class with other college students, I seen a middle-aged fat guy in a tutu getting dragged on a leash by a latex-clad dominatrix...broad daylight. I will never forget the look of pure terror when he noticed us just gawking at him while at a red light, probably what he was into. Of course, just weird shit: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/09/24/reality-show-ghost-hunting-couple-dead-in-nevada-standoff.html
>>
>>17913366
More like spikane
>>
theres a lot of haunted shit in Massachusetts
>>
>>17911827
Texas

cause of reasons

satanic reasons
>>
>>17911827
Not PA

Nothing ever happens here. My town had a Gates of Hell myth just a mile from where I live but it was debunked when the house was torn down.
>>
>>17918601
Really the only thing spooky about this state is the shunned inbreds that live in the woods and that one abandned mental hospital.
>>
>>17920881
*abandoned
>>
>>17920847
Those myths are everywhere. Every time somebody finds a deep cave or tunnel in a remote location they claim it is a portal to hell.
>>
Maine, just ask the guy that created Silent Hill.
>>
>>17919902
Georgia has the worst Barney Fife wannabe sheriffs in the whole USA. Good luck looking for spoops there without being harrassed to shit by law enforcement.
>>
>>17918601
Only spoopy thing about Bama are hoodrats looking for leprechauns.
>>
>>17915121
Pensacola used to be a hotbed for UFO activity but that was like 20 years ago. I wonder how it is now.
>>
>>17912198
Nc here, not too many spooky dealies here, soee ghosts, a bigfoot or two. Nothing really outstanding. I'm sure there's creepy shit in the deeper parts of the mountains, but I don't camp too often.
>>
>>17918938
How that fuck is nc so high? Literally all we have is haunted bridges and shit.
>>
West Virginia, not because of monsters or spooky shit, everyone is either just old, brittle, and fucking weird or they're drug addicts/methheads

A family member told me before that in her small town there was a woman who was a government worker who came over there to a court case, then they found her dead with her face just cut clean off. The police didn't do anything about it and barely investigated.

But other than that you just see people using drugs and alcohol. But there's a lot of outliers that just happen there, makes you wonder what is even going on here
>>
>>17918938
Georgia is far, far too high on this chart. Lived here my entire life. Nearly all of the spoopy places have been torn down for commercial places and there weren't a ton of legitimate ones to begin with.
>>
>>17915351
I grew up minnesota, in the complete middle of nowhere.
I spent a lot of time outside, alone and in groups, at all hours of the day. Only two things ever spooped me. One was a brief period, around a week, where there were howls in the fields outside my house. I know for a certainty they weren't coyotes or any other animal I know. The other was when I was driving at night. something was eating a deer carcass on the side of the road, and it flew away. It was massive, really the only time in my life were I was sickeningly afraid.
>>
BOO York

Okay haha see ya later guys
>>
>>17915308
Wat kind of pokemon can be found there?
>>
+1 for Ohio, everything from ghosts to cryptids to unrulely minorities
>>
No spoops for Massachusetts?
>>
WEST VIRGINIA.
>>
>>17921840
Please. /x/ is the one place I go to not hear about Pokemon.
>>
File: map_nhblack.gif (26KB, 567x473px) Image search: [Google]
map_nhblack.gif
26KB, 567x473px
>>17911827
>>
I lived in New Mexico for a year and I did some traveling around the state.

A friend and I visited a "cave" outside of Gallup that was reputed to be a hideout that Kit Carson used during one of his campaigns against the Native Americans.

The trail had what looked like animal tracks on it (possibly coyotes) and it was eerily silent. A heavy kind of silence, as if someone was holding their breath. Throw in the alleged bloody history behind it and bam, spoops everywhere.

We also found shards of broken glass on the ground and grafitti plastered all over the cave walls. The idea of running into drunk hoodlums didn't ease my anxiety either.
>>
>>17915308
Hello, fellow Louisifriend. If you ever buy a house down here in New Orleans, check the yards and see if you dig up a statue of St. Joseph.

That is all.

>>17921840
Shitton of Pidgeys and Rattata like everywhere. Roaming Drowsees throughout the city. If you know where to look you can get yourself a nice Shellder or even a Dratini.
>>
Once I was up in Mississippi, somewhere around Brookhaven I think it was. This is a list of shit that I came across there.
>Dunno what they're called but looked like huge storage tanks in the ground (somewhat like pic related but waaay bigger). If you fucked around and fell in you'd fall 50 feet into some sludgy ass water and you can kiss your ass goodbye because there's no way to climb out
>came across an abandoned cemetery in the woods, that was more depressing than spoopy though. it was covered in trees and bushes, just forgotten
>found an old house from the 40's or 50's forgotten in the woods covered in trees with a shitload of bats inside
>saw a freshly run over dude on the road, cops covered his grinded body up but his boot was several yards down sticking up on the road
>>
>>17922088
kek.
>>
>>17914640
I live in Oregon and it's really an eh on everything. except sport shoes
>>
>>17915308
I recently rode across the 18 mile Atchafalaya Basin Bridge at night. Kind of spoopy. It was dark as FUCK. The sky was covered in dark clouds, could hardly see any stars. Headlights barely shone out. Surrounded by black swampland, no lights, no civilization to the left or right, forward or back. Hardly any other cars about. I'd hate to blow a tire out in the middle of that shit at night.
>>
>>17918938

Massachusetts should be spookier with its history of witchcraft.
>>
>>17922673
Forgot bridge pic
>>
>>17918670
Been here for around14 years, mid-state. Biggest scare I've had here was a desert temblor a few years back. Second biggest was when I heard what sounded like a cougar growling outside my house at about 3 in the morning (was probably just a loud cat, but spoopy as fuuuuuck). Other than that, it's pretty quiet. Except for the vampire skinwalking mormons.
>>
>>17912534
Yuma fag here.. is AZ really that terrifying? It is just....vast, calm, and empty. I'd like to hear any of your stories though.
>>
>>17922088
>Turns out it's not Louisiana, but actually that other shitty state just east of it.
>>
>>17911827
Colorado for me the prairie and the mountains are very spooky, used to see wisps and figures all the time through my nvg when I rode my atv at night. Im also pretty sure I drove past something very bad driving up 24 out of the springs. Deer shouldnt look like they're made out of clay.
>>
>>17913877
No Maine

No Oregon

What
>>
>>17912169
Katrina was spooky just not paranormal spooky. Martial law, private military companies that the wealthy tired that generally did whatever they wanted. Id suggest preparing for contingencies to take care of yourself for that kind of thing. The government only contains it they have no real interest in helping you.
>>
>>17911827
Nevada
>86% of land is managed by Federal Gov, is largely desert, ghost towns, Las Vegas, nuclear testing, whatever that they do at Area 51
>>
>>17923182
What's Vegas like? Seems soul draining to me. You live in the desert and millions of people just go there to spend money and fuck. What's there to really do? Everyone will just say, "you can gamble and party! XD" but actually living there seems depressing and unsettling
>>
>>17923343
Vegas resident here. Outside the major tourist centers it's not much different than most other desert towns, at least in the atmosphere. Not really depressing or unsettling, unless you live in the Naked City.
>>
Northern Washington and Montana have miles upon miles upon miles of seemingly endless woods. Also, Utah because mormons n shit
>>
>>17911990
Agreed 985 reporting in..
>>
>>17915308
That feel when your from houma, and live down dulac... Prepare thy anus
>>
>>17917902
Lets be honest the spoopiest is Oppelousas place smells like... Burning ass balls
>>
>>17923801
Like here recently moved back down, spent 5 years in NC was in military. Anyways moved in with childhood best friend of mine been my bro for 16 years. (Paran of my child etc.)

About a month ago i woke up to go take a piss, we have about 9 Acres of marsh / woods back behind the house, for all the Louisiana fags live in houma, but down the bayou in dulac. Taking a piss and there's a window. From the window you can see the pool deck and woods . we have no lights back there so all you can really see is by moonlight. Full moon pretty bright.

Out of nowhere see the brightest reddest eyes Ive ever seen about .. 8-9 foot tall standing on the deck Staring at me, literally could not move. . after about 10 seconds it just leaps off the deck and disappears into the woods behind the house.

I went out to the deck the next day and literally had cracked boards around the area it was in. Told my buddy what I saw, hes like yeah dude Ive seen something similar many times and this is the house hes been in his whole life.
>>
>>17923858
I have a lot of stories from down here. The house I lived in for a few years before parents divorced I went military etc. Was incredibly haunted. ..

Another from my buddy's house this one happened about a week ago. It was like 2 am, was taking my boxer out to piss before bed smoking a cig, anyone from down here knows its never quiet with nature etc.

Anyways walking around with boxer he usually does his business and gets back inside, well hes just sitting out there im tired just wanna go to bed. Go to say seriously dude come on. At that point I noticed almost all sound has stopped other then a intense ringing in my ears, don't think much of it Ive been blown up twice happens occasionally. Then it fades to a white noise. And i see just a blur wind up maybe 100 - 200 feet infront of me in the middle of the driveway. And hear a screech... Fuck this grab my dog jet up the stairs close the doors .. Not even by the time I had locked the door I hear the screen door open and feint taps on the door..

Again grew up here .. We have salt in the cabinet next to the door talk shit if you want.. Throw me out a line that would make tony Montana proud.. The tapping stops.. Screen door closes ... And whatever this shit is stomps down the stairs hard enough to shake the house
>>
>>17914619
Can confirm. Much spooky shit in NH
>>
>>17913809
>the satanic rituals at the ski resort that I like to go to

C'mon, man, you gotta tell us this one! Please?
>>
>>17921634

Maybe I'm used to it, but it's not that crazy. At least not in the Morgantown/Fairmont area. Some of the more rural places down south are a bit weirder, though.
>>
>>17913809
Also live in NE ohio.

I've visited Gore Orphanage years ago. Wasnt really spooky and all thats left is a few blocks from the foundation.

An episode of Haunted Highway was shot in my city..so there's that.
>>
>>17918960
Story?
>>
>>17919902
What happens if you try to go to Alabama?
>>
>>17920526
Holy shit I used to watch this show all the time and remember that couple
Article gave me the creeps
That's fucked
>>
>>17914966
like what
>>
>>17925801
im a northeast ohio fag too. ever go to punderson manner and stay the night?
>>
Oregon
>walking through federal land
>find a human skull sticking up out of the dirt
>>
MAINE
>>
>>17913639
Like what? People always say
>muh adriondacks
>muh Appalachians
But why? What goes on
>>
>>17911829
FPBP
>>
I live in one of the oldest parts of Pennsylvania, in Lumberville, just north of New Hope which is famous for being one of the most haunted areas of the country and I can tell you that the spoopz around these parts have no equal. I have seen shit that will make the average schlub brown his trousers.

What's more I spend my summers deep in the mountains, a dozen miles or so from the grand Canyon of PA, and the spoopz up here are absolutely off the chain. It isn't ghosty spookage like youd find in colonial PA, but natural spooks; weird lights and sounds, unidentified creatures, things outside the window.

PA is maximum spook. NJ is fairly spooky as well.
>>
>>17927351
aside from the Pine Barrens, not much spoopyness in New Jersey
>>
>>17912534
Don't forget about northern Arizona and the mogollon rim, famous for the mogollon monster
>>
>>17921630
Western NC has some pretty good stories associated with it
>>
>>17917535
I live in Maine, just visiting /x/. Which forests would you say are spooky?
>>
I live in KY and own woods. My friends do too. Spooky shit. You don't go in the woods at night 'round here.
>>
>>17927491
Lambertville, NJ is right across the bridge from new hope. There's a ton of activity there, most notably in the abandoned high school on top of the big hill.
>>
te/x/as
>>
File: 1450713925409.jpg (3MB, 4337x5783px) Image search: [Google]
1450713925409.jpg
3MB, 4337x5783px
>>17928441
>>
>>17911990
/thread
all you other states can go home
>>
>>17927351
PA fag here, definitely a pretty spoopy place, I mean fuck, I live in berks and even in such a densely populated area shit gets a little fucky, there's this bridge not even 5 minutes from my house that multiple people have died from jumping or falling off (including the constructors wife). any ways there's a skatepark below it and holy fuck dude, not a fun place to be at night or even alone during the day, I've experienced too much crazy shit there.
>>
>>17928606
I want to believe Maine taxi driver is real but the logical part of me is lmaoing at me because it's probably fake
kill me
>>
File: centralia1.jpg (137KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
centralia1.jpg
137KB, 500x334px
>>17927351
PA is home to some fucked up shit, especially the rural parts. Centralia, Gravity Hill, Frick's Lock, a shitload of allegedly haunted roads, Slenderman, Ray Robinson, The Eastern State Penitentiary, Whitemarsh Hall, Devil's Road, etc. It's a spoopy place.
>>
>>17914640
We have more ghost towns than any other state in the union.
>>
Im born and raised in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Through my life here in this college town, i have experienced vast amounts of paranormal experiences. Manifesting and aliens and ghosts and who knows what? America is haunted, or maybe you all are reflection of my mind along with everything else. Mirrors of mirrors. Ive seen ufos here consistently with my friends. No one else really sees what ive seen. Although if you ask some of the locals, you may find some interesting stories. I think this town was barren up until the 1960s. It has some creepy corners.
>>
File: 1432361101984.jpg (58KB, 676x686px) Image search: [Google]
1432361101984.jpg
58KB, 676x686px
>>17926209
I always had this sense that she was deeply uncomfortable around him. I don't remember the exact episode, but when she was laying in a bed with him with the nightvision, Mark was in full super creeper mode, and not in a loving husband kind of way.
>>
>>17911972
I'm in southeast Wisconsin but I've been all over the state camping during my years as a boy scout. I've heard some freaky shit but the weirdest thing was where I live in the southeast.

I was just sitting outside one night on my patio relaxing and smoking some cigarettes when I heard the most ungodly noise. It was unlike anything I had ever heard even with my years of experience being out in the wild and at the time I lived in a suburb so it wasn't way out in the boonies either. I thought for sure something was dying and I had my friend help me investigate so we tried to follow the noise and ended up at a pond near my apartment. Once we got close enough the noise stopped for a while so we headed back to my place and not long after it started up again. I figured since it was near a pond that maybe a fox or something had nabbed a goose or duck but when we heard it again it was even closer just a couple doors down. Tracked it down to a bush right in front of a condo and I stood about 20 feet away from it but there was no way in fuck I was getting any closer because I had no idea what the hell was going to jump out at me. I stood there and waited while my buddy called the cops but by the time they got there it had stopped. We must have seemed crazy because nobody fucking reported this other than us and it was incredibly loud. I even tried looking up distress noises and calls of animals common to the area but found absolutely nothing that sounded like whatever the fuck that noise was. Still spooks me out to this day just thinking about it.
>>
I live in Cali so I see shit in the sky a lot, but when I'm in Alaska it just feels awful
>>
>>17913309
im here, ive never experienced anything. tips? places?
>>
>>17922678
This is very unsettling to me...
>>
>>17924612
>>17924612
Boston Mills/Brandywine Falls. From what I hear, it was a popular place for satanic rituals before it was renovated and turned into the ski resort.
>>
>>17927491
Is there any kind of truth to the whole Jersey Devil shit up in there? Or is it just a big spooky forest
>>
>>17929653
Drive US 50 at night
>>
State of Constant Anxiety
>>
>>17928606
I live in Maine, can confirm there are a lot of haunted hitchhiker stories. Don't know what it is about this state and hitchhikers. One hitchhiker story i remember from my childhood is the one where a bridesmaid will be walking along a road in blacks woods looking for a ride for her wedding. If you give her a lift she will have you drive her to the location (i forget where it is) and disappear.
>>
>>17911881
Moving from Ohio to New Mexico this year. Where can I find some shit? What are good places to visit?
>>
It depends on what kind of spooks you are looking for. If you want completely natural reports of spooks (bigfoot, sasquatch, wendigo, scary creatures in the woods) you're going to want to be in the north states, or canada. Things that have to do with magick, or demons and stuff seem to be more southern. Kind of weird to think about
>>
File: Explain cow.jpg (29KB, 317x357px) Image search: [Google]
Explain cow.jpg
29KB, 317x357px
>>17915739
>>
Florida, the gator men are there

The entirety of the pacific northwest is creepy too.
>>
File: Haunted-Ohio-I.jpg (2MB, 1494x2344px) Image search: [Google]
Haunted-Ohio-I.jpg
2MB, 1494x2344px
>>17915099
I think no matter where you're from you always have spooky stuff all around but there's like five of these books filled with all kinds of creepy stories.
>>
>>17930899
And what should I expect?
>>
>>17923152
Seen that creepy shit driving on 24 a few times too. Thought it was a deer but then realized the shape of its body and the way it ran was very... wrong. Completely freaked me out.
>>
File: 1467327197165.jpg (118KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1467327197165.jpg
118KB, 1024x682px
>>17911829
/Thread
>>
>>17925801
>>17926339
>>17913809

Damn, E side CLE body here. The H epidemic has definitely brought out some real life scary shit. Friend of a friend went to his dudes house and found his dealers severed head on a table. Cant validate though,
>>
>>17930834
No shit thats where I ride. We may have seen each other at somepoint.
>>
>>17911829
Denial is worse
>>
>>17912534
Lived in Tucson for the first 8 years of my life, in school I heard all about ghost stories in flagstaff and tombstone from my friends
>even heard my school, (Stafford Elementary if you're curious) was mildly haunted
>never saw anything spooky though
>my "friends" loved to fuck with me and tell stories

The nights there actually feel rather pleasant compared to everywhere else
Not sure if it's nostalgia or if I just feel safer in the desert air.

>my grandparents still live in Prescott, so I sometimes stay for a week or two every year
>>
>>17918938
Psshhh! The only spooky things in Ca-li-for-nye-ay are the meth addicts in west Hollywood and any gang area with more blacks than spics.
>no ghosts, no demons, no magic, there isn't a haunted Hollywood sign or anything of significance
>would make it yellow if I made this graphic right here
>>
>>17911990
Louisina won the last time we had this "let's settle this once and for all" scariest state thread.

>swamps/bayou
>ghosts
>slaves
>ghost slaves
>Delphine LaLaurie
>trail of tears
>voodoo
>marie laveaux
>axeman of new orleans
>those cemeteries
>haint blue porches
>haunted houses
>true blood/Anne Rice vampire settings
>biggest/best Halloween celebration

did I forget anything?
>>
>>17929198

PA resident here, Ive been to gravity hill a few times but never had anything weird happen. But There is alot of weird shit ive personally seen here. Haunted cemeteries, being followed by "things" while out hunting, devil cults, the old abandoned PA turnpike, haunted farms, hairy humanoid figures seen in the woods at night, strange lights being seen in the skies, and alot more.

West Virginia is pretty spoopy too. Ive had alot of weird incidents there and heard of a good many other ones from other people
>>
>>17929232
Ar bro...
Born & raised in Spa City. Hell's Half-Acre is etched forever in my memory; Unfortunately it's been filled in since my romping years.
>>
>>17918385
>Small Texas
>>
>>17911827
Honestly? For water spoops, Michigan. Ghost ships are fucking everywhere, especially in Lake Superior. Mostly because you can't recover bodies there.
>>
>>17933482
>swamps/bayou
>ghosts
>slaves
>ghost slaves
>voodoo

Fixed your list so it doesn't redundantly regurgitate more terms for different ghosts and slaves
>>
>>17926339
Never heard of it. What city?
>>
File: SpookyLightRoad.jpg (34KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyLightRoad.jpg
34KB, 550x412px
Saratoga, TX
>>
>>17913877
I live on the gulf coast of Louisiana my entire life. Never encountered spoops. Someone lied to you Anon
>>
>>17911827
Not Delaware. Fuck Delaware.
>>
>>17921747
What part of MN, could have been the Wendigo you saw
>>
Anything spooky about Maryland?

I've lived here my whole life and the only unsettling thing about MD I've noticed is how fucking boring and mundane it is.
>>
>>17933991
Go to FAR western Maryland. I have a friend who has alot of family up there. Mostly just lots of small towns, but alot of eerie stuff goes on up there noone seems to know about.
>>
My grandmothers house in GA is quite aunted also old indian area. I liv ein FL and seems to have a lot too
>>
>>17932693
Endless unsettlement and paranoia
>>
>>17934374
But why? What makes it spooky? It's justa road in the desert at night. Anything paranormal or extraterrestrial or supernatural?
>>
Does anybody know if Baden-Württemberg area in Germany has anything haunted or spooky. I'm looking to go hunting.
>>
File: 1468975873787.jpg (184KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468975873787.jpg
184KB, 900x1200px
>>17933482
just your typical APT FOR RENT sign in
NEW ORLEANS
>pic related
>>
>>17930972
That's the legend of Catherine's Hill! Some believe that you will be cursed if you encounter her apparition and ignore her. There is an old story about a salesman who was traveling through the downeast region late at night when fog from the coast rolled in and enveloped the black woods road. Due to the poor visibility conditions and the hurried pace at which he was traveling, he roared past Catherine. Further down the road he lost control of his vehicle. It is believed that when the crash was discovered, he muttered about seeing a woman in a dress twice. The first, aimlessly wandering along the side of the road. The second time, in his rearview sitting in the back seat. The wounds he suffered from the crash eventually proved to be fatal.

Seconding Maine.
>>
Illinois is rad.
>>
>>17914971
can confirm - not necessarily about fred being THE most haunted city cuz i dont have the proper frame of reference but just about every corner of it is haunted. virginia in general is, i think, mostly from the civil war like stated
>>
>>17934981
Who is that ghost trying to fool?
>>
>>17911911
We got all kinda of creepy shit.

There's this cemetery in Marshall where an entire family of 12 died all the same day. Even the infant. It's the old 80 cemetery if anyone wants to go see.
>>
>>17919860
You clearly haven't been in North Jersey. Once you get into Sussex, Morris, and Essex; you see some weird shit. Ask the locals. Stumbled upon a huge family cemetery while deep in the woods. Graystone Asylum was fucking crazy scary. Patient records where everywhere on the floors. Shame it was torn down.
>>
>>17922673
>>17922678
I did not even know this existed. Long ass bridges like this are amazing.
>>
>>17920526
Reno has so many drugs. Admittedly I've only been there once visiting a friend, but my impression of it was that there was nothing to do BUT drugs. Also seemed like a lot of low-lives. Could very well have only seemed this way because of with who/where my friend hung out though.
>>
>>17931296
As someone who visited WA as a 13 year old and now at 24 has lived here for year, I have never felt spooped by it. I only mention that I moved here recently to show that I didn't just grow up here and am used to anything. Washington is beautiful, very beautiful. Even its rainforests are beautiful with its mists and fogs and moss growing everywhere.

The only thing "spoopy" about it is that everyone here is a redneck shut-in who wants to live in their cabin in the woods and never be disturbed by anyone. Lots of crack/methheads where I live. Lowlives, trash. The kind that litter their yards with junk. Lots of abandoned and dilapidated houses, but it never once crossed my mind to think of it as spoopy. Just the people here are unfriendly and unwelcoming. Very hard to meet people.

Seattle is completely different than the rest of the state and even still if you don't have a good foundation or a strong hobby or something, good luck making friends.

The spoopiest part is the cost of living. Hope you enjoy your $2000 1 bedroom apartment.
>>
>>17933639
I visited PA about 2 years ago in the fall. Absolutely beautiful. I was told the leaves that year were especially good. Where I was staying was a small town itself,near Scranton. Drove all over the countryside and into upstate new York. Found this tiny one street town and ate at a delicious Italian restaurant. I believe this was all near the Delaware River.

My impression of the town I stayed in and the person I knew from there is that family ties were very important and because of the size of the town, if you didn't have some sort of family-owned business well recognized in the area then it'd be tough shit trying to find a job.

Either way, as far as visiting, 8/10 would recommend.
>>
>>17911881
Gotta be in the Rio Puerco area. Do not go out there during the night. You will see and experience some spooky shit that has NO EXPLANATION!!!
>>
>>17935931
UPDATE: Got stranded on 4 wheelers out there once. Had to wait for help to arrive and we experience some crazy shit. I have been ghost hunting i Santa Fe and Downtown ABQ, even wen through the haunted Hotel Belen (with permission) and got really good results (ie EVP and Pictures, IR Video, the works) but never been frealed out like the time in Rio Puerco. Will never go back at night. FYI me and all my friends and all ex-military and "CARRY", so it takes alot to spook us. NO SHIT!!!
>>
>>17928536
Didn't they tear that down?
>>
>>17929198
I thought New Jersey was Slender Man?
>>
New York can get suprisingly rural once you leave all the urban areas (NYC/Long Island, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse). Northern New York (Around the Adirondacks) can be creepy. I'm from Buffalo (specifically the Southtowns area) and there isn't that much spooky stuff here.

Hudson Valley is also pretty spooky, there's a town in it that had a lot of UFO sightings.
>>
>>17935473
haha!
>>
I used to live in Key West, Florida, creepy shit happened there all the fucking time. UFO sighting were commonplace. Seriously spoopy there.
>>
Anything spoopy in Georgia?
>>
>>17911881
This
>>
>>17911972
WIscofag here too, 262. I'm one of the few people who hasn't ever camped up north there. But even down south here, I can feel sometimes, some things are afoot. So while I'm comfortable with the night, sometimes, in certain areas, I tend to shuffle past quickly, you know? It's interesting, even down south here, there's always tons of trees, and nice pockets of forest in even city areas. And sometimes pockets connecting with pockets.

I've heard all kinds of things up north, from being a UFO hotspot, someone I know thinks they saw a Bigfoot, and others. I'm not sure I wanna know when it comes to some of the other stuff I've heard up there.

>>17911990
Hey Louisianabros, Swamp People (I know I know) reignited an old interest I had in the Cajuns long ago, I'm kinda wondering - do the Cajuns have their own magic codexes and stuff? Something strikes me, even the less outlandish folks, they all seem to intuit their way around a lot. A lot got their own little rituals for luck and stuff. I mean I'm pretty sure it's not outright voodoo and blood sacrifice like Haitians or black Louisiana old magic. But even in the show, I noticed, even being devout, they sometimes do things with blood.
>>
To all the Louisiana people here, how accurate was True Detective?
>>
>>17923882

I put salt on the entrance of my doggy door.....keeps the slugs from crawling in and eating the dog food...
>>
>>17928441
Haynesville woods.

http://www.haunted-places-to-go.com/haunted-places-in-maine.html
>>
>>17915121
Is there something in the air that makes Floridians go crazy?

I mean, God knows how many stories begin with "Florida man..."
>>
>>17936578
>"Florida man..."
has a twitter, I've heard.
sad/hilarious/horrifying
>>
>>17918938
this is accurate to my experiences with Ohio
>>
>>17911827
Maine.
>>
>>17911881
this.

some of the oldest inhabitated houses in the country, some of the oldest churches too. dulce base rumours, paul bennewitz story, manzano/kirtland underground storage site (largest repository of nuclear weapons in the country) and cant forget roswell, lonnie zamora case, holloman AFB landing story
>>
>>17936578
There's a weird law in Florida about information that makes all arrests that police make avaibile to journalists as soon as the arrests are made.
>>
>>17933751
You should have followed it, Anon, they lead you to hidden treasure.
>>
>>17911972
>Wisconsin
>spookier then Minnesota
you wish, cheesehead
>>
File: goat.jpg (39KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
39KB, 348x348px
>>17913366
yeah, that suction goat and big ass wagon r breddy scary m8
>>
>>17922857
I lived in Yuma for a while anon I wasn't into the spooky stuff so I never checked out prison hill. You been there? There is an old hotel around there to I always wanted to sneak into any stories on that?
>>
File: tmp_24868-Ykx2Jdzl1885123267.jpg (55KB, 640x508px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24868-Ykx2Jdzl1885123267.jpg
55KB, 640x508px
>>17911827
>>
File: United_Spoops_of_America.png (359KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
United_Spoops_of_America.png
359KB, 800x495px
spoopzone
>>
>>17919902
As a native Georgian, I think you're full of shit.

I haven't experienced anything spooky in my 27 years living here.
>>
>>17937881
Then again, I live in metro Atlanta.
>>
I keep seeing New Jersey pop up, but I've lived here my whole life and I've never encountered anything particularly spooky. I've had friends go to both Clinton Road and The Gates of Hell, and they said they weren't very interesting. I think seeing the Devils Tree would be cool though.
>>
>>17911972
Can confirm. I'm from Michigan, but I've spent some time in the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan's UP close to the northern WI border. Those woods cam be pretty spoopy
>>
>>17914627
I have a friend that lives in Olympia. I haven't experienced anything first hand but while visiting once he took me to a beach on the Pacific on the border of the Olympic National Forest. There was this huge pile of driftwood, like whole trees all the way up and down the beach toward to treeline. It was weird. He then told me a story about encountering strange lights and how he has contacted and communicated with what he called aliens there before. I posted the story here once but it 404'd after a day or so.
>>
File: curgdoge.jpg (6KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
curgdoge.jpg
6KB, 238x250px
>>17911881
so when i lived there i always looked for spooky spots and haunted places.
> ask locals best spots
always answer
> don't look for things you don't know, you wont like what you find...
so i look as hard as i can, wander some reservations and even wander through old espanola and albuquerque.
> same ol same ol dead angry native spirits.
they are the glow balls that change color
> meet black dogs and figure out skinwalkers/dogmen/uchihas all the same thing.

it is called the land of Entrapment by the locals and it has a 5/4 ratio of women to men and damn are they beautiful. Though most WILL get fat.
> always wear protection; babies will keep you in that enchanted land...
>>
>>17933010
Not true. I've spent a lot of time for several years in NorCal. Humboldt is spooky. Being whyyyyyy out in the mountains is crazy at night. I also had some fucked up hippie cult shit happen. I've posted one of those stories here. Thread was up for several days...
>>
>>17911827
anywhere in new england
>>
>>17937993
Everyone says to go to the Pine Barrens, where theres The Jersey Devil, Bigfoot, and UFO's.
>>
>>17911827
no honorable mention for massachusetts since it has salem?
>>
>>17938157
New England was mostly made spooky by Poe, Lovecraft, and King.
>>
File: 1467743740869.gif (213KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467743740869.gif
213KB, 500x500px
Pennsylvania.

Motherfuckers.
>>
>>17927351
Used to live near Johnstown PA. Abandoned logging roads, abandopned steel mills, abandoned coal shafts... The fact that the river is legitimately orange... And the people. God damn. The collapsing coal industry just turned the people into isolated weirdos in that city. I live in rural WNY now and I'd say it's pretty spoopy too.
>>
File: 1467821947828.jpg (66KB, 636x627px) Image search: [Google]
1467821947828.jpg
66KB, 636x627px
Anyone have any Missouri spookery?
>>
Isn't South Carolina the most haunted state in America?

I mean, shit, theres a haunted place every 5 miles.
>>
>>17918987
My sisters best friend growing up Mom was part of their group. Her Dad died of mysterious complications and her Mom was really wacky.
>>
>>17917155
715 here, some creepy shit happens when you go camping
>>
Parts of Wisconsin are pretty spooky urbex

Probably detroit
>>
>>17938477
>methssouri

I'm so sorry that you live there
>>
>>17911827
Hawaii
>>
>>17929596
Part of the spoops of Alaska is just how incredibly isolated it is, at least in my opinion. There must be some shit there. During the day and with a group big enough group you're comfortable with it has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth though.
>>
>>17934413
Have you ever driven desert road at night? I couldn't tell you what's worse between that or thick forest on both sides.
>>
>>17940063
It's actually nice if you happen to live in STL, KC, or Columbia
Everywhere else is a redneck shithole but At least the wilderness is pretty
>>
Maine

Too many scary things happened to me while living there.
>>
>>17915739
Really? I've never heard any creepy stories from ND.
>>
>>17920807
Any specifics/stories? I'm from Texas and I've never experienced or even heard much :(

I feel like we should have tons of creepy shit. I mean it's Texas.
>>
>>17935781
No, there's still HARD drugs and low lives, but as you alluded to, they tend to clump together downtown or in a couple of shitty neighborhoods we have. I did a lot of drugs here myself, mainly natural stuff though (weed, shrooms, mescaline etc.), as opposed to now where I just smoke a bowl about once a month. The active, employed and outgoing group I associate with are a far cry from the stereotypical vidya-addicted cheeto-gobbling druggies from years ago.
>>
>>17938467
Where in WNY? Is it around Sherman in Amish country cause that part is pretty freaky.
>>
>>17911827
Nevada
>>
>>17940384
Also every stephen king book is in dairy maine
good catch anoncobus
>>
File: wnj.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wnj.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
NJ is pretty damn spooky, we have our own magazine/book series about how weird it is.
>>
>>17940657
You also have two Slender Man series that are set in it, EverymanHYBRID and Dark Harvest.
>>
>>17914619
nh fag here, what part of the granite state?
>>
>>17924595
Got any links about stories etc? from NH myself.
>>
>>17940547
Livingston County at the edge of the finger lakes. I wouldn't say it's as freaky as PA but the Genessee Valley did have one of the largest Native American massacres of all time, as well as the infamous "torture tree". A little known spoop
>>
>>17938086
I would like you to elaborate on this land of entrapment. How to find it too
>>
>>17941461
Never heard of the torture tree, what is it?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.