[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trippy meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: mainimage.gif (37KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
mainimage.gif
37KB, 460x460px
I was sitting in front of a mirror, completely motionless, the session only lasted for around 15 minutes though
interesting stuff started to happen after a while, for example the image blurred out because my eye muscles started to relax, my brain started trying to make sense of my blurred face and came up with some disturbing interpretations, creepy faces
but that's not all, at times, half, or even the whole scene, disappeared as if my vision turned off
at some times I could only see my dark silhouette as if I was looking at my shadow on the wall, at other times the whole image looked like It was watercolor or some Photoshop filter
and colors of the were changing back and forth from dark to light etc.
>pic related
I'm new to meditation but this was the most enjoyable session so far, I figured you might want to try it or even know of something better
anyone has similar experiences?
>discuss
>>
I could put it in a green text now when I think about it
>>
ye its common knowledge. you dont even have to do it in front of a mirror to get all them effects.
theres even a name for it in the occult literature but i dont remember what it was.

also thats p low level. try to overcharge your 3rd eye with whatever meditation key is the most easy for you to see some real spooky stuff
>>
>>17909825
Is it just fancy optic illusions or is there more to it?
>>
>>17909875
kek; isn't everything just a fancy optical illusion?

yea i think theres more to it. you can find all sorts of stuff that relates to this in the occult/spiritual literature. bottom line; explore it yourself for dem astral gains
>>
tried meditation for a while, and lately, have been doing candle meditation. things which i've experienced sound much alike to your post, OP.
for instance, after a while, everything except the candlelight is seen, while everything else fades, unless you position your eyes to not look at the flame.
this is because your eyes keep on monitoring the same image. the brain adjusts to the constant image information by ignoring every part of your vision that doesn't get a new image to process.
it's perfectly normal.
it's pretty relaxing, as it gets you into a semi-trance pretty quickly.
>>
>>17909947
ever tried the exact same thing but with your eyes closed?
>>
>>17909983
i have, but it doesn't really have the same feeling to it. then it just becomes (for me) a breathing-oriented meditation . i do, however, sometimes close my eyes later in the meditation after i get into it to rest my eyes, which is a pretty incredible experience in itself.
>>
>>17909996
if you arent able to see things with your eyes closed your doing it wrong
>>
>>17910543
I can see like two dozens of colorful dots on a background of very dark noise
is that enough?
>>
>>17909811
What you did isn't meditation. But it's still an interesting experience. In the end, there really isn't an objective reality, but rather one that depends entirely on our own perceptions, sometimes leading to brain fuckery like you just did.
>>
>>17910647
how is it not meditation? I was trying to stay focused and aware of the moment the whole time
>>
I'm going to move to my own place in a short time, and I've always wanted to try these kind of stuff. The problem was that I couldn't relax because there was always someone there or somebody talking in my family.

What's the best meditation technique you could recommend me? Which one's your favourite and why?
>>
>>17910816
do the one I did in the op
I got the idea off this bald guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cub6kY0oHZc&index=3&list=PLjB-LnlL2pRW-KDHIfhoIZPeO3N01gqCD
in short you sit completely motionless
>>
>>17910846
Thanks a lot. That vid resulted very useful.

>he asks himself "why renounce sex, why renounce alcohol? what's the point of it?"
>I've been doing that my entire life
>>
>>17910947
Yeah, there's entire playlist bundled in that link
plenty of useful stuff
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.