[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the old gods aliens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: alien_river_god.jpg (215KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
alien_river_god.jpg
215KB, 1024x1325px
I don't actually believe in aliens, but I the following thought just fucks my mind:

Look at us humans. We can create life in vitro. We can play around with genetics and create special breedings of certain life forms. We can rearrange our earth, manipulate the nature and all..
We build engines and powerplants, which work similar as humans. They need coal, fuel, etc. to burn it and produce energy. Isn't it the same like humans work?

What if all those historical gods were just ayy lmao master race, who played around a bit and have created a little universe. Just like a programmer who creates textures for a game and gives attributes to certain objects.
All those stars, planets and shit are just failed projects, which we are not supposed to see.

Humans can play "god" aswell, so why should the human be the only being, which is able to do things like that?
Who knows? Maybe the old Sumerians and Babylonians knew what's up and wrote the Epic of Gilgamesh, Atrahasis, Enuma elis and Etana on plates, but we are just too stupid to understand it. The religions of Mesopotamia also had a very strong astrological component.

I know it's some kind of conspiracy theory/pseudoscience, but nothing is impossible.
>>
>>17906826
>nothing is impossible.

The question is whether it's likely. It isn't.
>>
>>17906832
>It isn't.
Why not?

Have you read this shit?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En%C3%BBma_Eli%C5%A1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atra-Hasis

No wonder conspiracy theorists go crazy about that.
>>
>>17906856

There is no compelling evidence of alien visitation, either then or now, and no reason to suspect that such evidence is out there and we just haven't found it.

Yes, I know about all that and more. It suggests nothing of alien visitation.
>>
>>17906895
>alien visitation
Maybe not visitation, but more like them being the creators of the universe. Pretty much the programmer and administrator of this network.
>>
>>17906895
Then how do you explain the stargate?
>>
>>17906902
>Maybe not visitation, but more like them being the creators of the universe.

No, not really. There's nothing demanding that creators exist.

>>17906928

Don't have to.
>>
>>17906826
Yes. The old gods are aliens, and God is an alien. Difference is God became one of us to help us, and the old gods mated with us to enslave us. But yeah, spirit beings living in unapproachable light = alien, and 20'tall being of light with 6 wings = alien.

Just inter-dimensional, not extra-terrestrial. The former pose as the latter to confuse things.
>>
>>17906955
The creation, the universe, demands that a creator exists.

This nonsense that the universe is self-caused, or eternal, needs to be buried once and for all.
>>
>>17906826
We can't create life in vitro, we can only sustain life in vitro. 'Omnis cellula ex cellula' still applies to us.

But the theory that humans exist 'in vitro' as an experiment of a superior intelligence is nothing new
>>
>>17906977
Could be neither. Could be a conjugation of several unknown factors. Hell, it could be an accident for all we know.

There, alone and glancing to the night sky. I think you know the answer in your heart. Be it angel, demon or alien. There's something outhere. THAT IS WHAT I CAN GIVE YOU.
>>
>>17906826
You sound uneducated.
>>
>>17907255
There's three choices, and they're exhaustive.

Self-created
Uncreated
Created by another

When you eliminate the first two due to logical absurdity and the noticeable lack of heat death, you have to start looking for the Creator.

(Saying the universe created itself from nothing is the same as saying you created yourself from nothing. You may think it has a possibility, but it does not.)
>>
>>17907691

This guy knows his theology.
>>
>>17907691
You forgot co-created and nonlinear manifestation.
>>
No because space isn't real. They were the sons of fallen angels.
>>
>>17906826
>We can create life in vitro. We can play around with genetics and create special breedings of certain life forms.
>Humans can play "god" aswell, so why should the human be the only being, which is able to do things like that?

I've thought of this often and feel it's not that far fetched. If you extrapolate our current bio-technologies it may very well be possible that we can create new organisms that can't reproduce naturally, it's just a matter of time. We are already adding genes to plants and animals from different kingdoms already, bacteria to plants etc.

If we can do this already and there are vastly more advanced species out there, it's not crazy to think that they can create complex life forms.

>>17906987
Unless i don't understand this correctly, but we have been able to create synthetic (artificial) life in virto, the cells came from a conventional bacteria, but the synthetic organism that resulted was able to reproduce themselves. That is pretty much creating artificial life in vitro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_biology#Synthetic_life
http://www.livescience.com/54165-artificial-bacterium-has-smallest-genome.html
>>
>>17906977

Did that creator come out of nothing? If it could, why is it impossible for us?

Otherwise there is an endless chain of creators.
>>
>>17908865
Creator here. I did come from nothing, but I also AM the nothingness. Can confirm that not only is it possible to self-create, but that most humans have done exactly that. We make our own life's meaning.
>>
File: Yog-Sothoth_by_higherdepths_.jpg (18KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Yog-Sothoth_by_higherdepths_.jpg
18KB, 240x240px
>>17908868
>I did come from nothing, but I also AM the nothingness
Yog-Sothoth detected
>>
>>17906977
>The creation, the universe, demands that a creator exists.

There is no evidence of creation or reason to suspect that universe was created. Therefore, no demand for a creator.

Pretty simple, at least for the educated.

>This nonsense that the universe is self-caused, or eternal, needs to be buried once and for all.

That's because you're ignorant and easily frightened.
>>
>>17906856
>En%C3%BBma_Eli%C5%A1
Without clicking the link, I can only assume this is the Enuma Elish.

I see nothing to suggest aliens in that work.
>>
>>17906826
Congratulations. You just described the plot to Prometheus.
>>
>>17907729
Self-created and Self-created.
>>
>>17908865
No.

The Creator, God, revealed Himself as an eternal spirit being Who dwells in unapproachable light. And obviously, had He stayed there, none of us would know anything about Him, except that His creation is awesome.
>>
>>17909653
Yes, you're an idiot. People like you are expected to post from their fears when the topic of eternity is brought up. Your contribution to this thread is as vapid as your contributions to humanity in general. In short, you will not be missed.
>>
>>17910254
>Yes, you're an idiot.

kek
>>
>>17909653
Why do you act like you know everything, beginning and end with the little we truly know?
It shows your ignorant and think only I nside a box.
>>
>>17910752
>Why do you act like you know everything

Because I'm a genius, silly, and very well informed. With knowledge comes confidence.
>>
>>17912850
another god that will kill himself
>>
>>17906826
What if the old gods were just shit that people high out of their minds on mushrooms made up?

Nah, you're right. They were probably bio engineering aliens. Thats a totally logical assumption.
>>
>>17906826
Welcome to Satanism. No other religion comes closer to the truth, if you ask me.
>>
>>17912986
welcome to 7th grade ya fucking sperg.
>>
>>17912854

It's all of those things.

The mushrooms are in fact encoded messages from them as well.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.