[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Slips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: Moberly.jpg (26KB, 348x575px) Image search: [Google]
Moberly.jpg
26KB, 348x575px
Let's talk about time slips, /x/.

For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, the basic premise is simple enough: that a person can unintentionally, unwittingly "slip" into another time while remaining in the same general physical area.

The most famous reported case of this is the Moberly-Jourdain Incident: In 1901 two women named Charlotte Moberly and Eleanor Jourdain were traveling, visiting locations such as the Palace of Versailles and the Petit Trianon. After some difficulty finding their way around the area, the women missed one of their turns and became lost. They said that at this point they both noticed a strong feeling of "oppression and dread" come over them. They saw and spoke with people who were dressed in styles from the time of the French Revolution and observed that their surroundings had on a very different feel and appearance: "Everything suddenly looked unnatural, therefore unpleasant; even the trees seemed to become flat and lifeless, like wood worked in tapestry. There were no effects of light and shade, and no wind stirred the trees."

Toward the end of this experience, one of the women believed that she witnessed Marie Antoinette, who at this time had been dead for over a hundred years, sketching on the grass and smiling at her. Shortly thereafter they found their way back to the entrance of the area they had been visiting and apparently rejoined their "original" time.

The women didn't discuss the incident at first, but once they did they arrived at the conclusion that they had experienced something very strange, possibly some sort of ghost encounter, and wrote separate accounts of the incident before compiling them into a book which garnered them their fair share of ridicule.

So who here is familiar with the concept? Know any stories worth sharing? The idea of inadvertently stepping into another time is as fascinating as it is horrifying, especially once you consider the idea that maybe someone has done so but was unable to return.
>>
File: EleanorJourdain2.jpg (23KB, 271x360px) Image search: [Google]
EleanorJourdain2.jpg
23KB, 271x360px
Single, shameless attempt to not let this slide straight into 404.
>>
Just saw this. Bump.
>>
File: 6025746_f520.jpg (37KB, 520x359px) Image search: [Google]
6025746_f520.jpg
37KB, 520x359px
If you'd like something a bit more recent, there are numerous accounts of time slips occurring in Liverpool and on Bold Street in particular. This article from this year collects and recounts some of them.

https://exemplore.com/paranormal/The-Liverpool-Time-Slips-The-True-Story-Of-Mysterious-Occurences-In-Bold-Street
>>
File: tumblr_o7dzo0OD271si194ao1_250.gif (858KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7dzo0OD271si194ao1_250.gif
858KB, 245x300px
Okay, I can't remember all the exact details of this story BUT

A kind of weird time swap story I heard of was that one morning, a young modern woman woke up and claimed she was actually an elderly dutchess who had lived centuries ago. She was had no idea what year it was, all she knew was she was an old woman from centuries ago when she went to bed & woke up a young lady in the future. She wasn't very upset about it though, because she had youth again. Alot of people assumed it was mental illness or something

However, someone did some research into the life of the long dead Dutchess and found that towards the end of her life, she woke up one morning absolutely hysterical. Shrieking about being in the wrong body & the wrong time, which they assumed was the result of her being old and senile.

I don't know when exactly the modern woman woke up & I don't know for sure it was a dutchess - basically, it was an elderly woman of some nobility. Has anyone else heard of this story and can you link me to it if you come across something like that?
>>
>>17905980
It's an interesting concept but I think that particular example was just a fake.
>>
>>17906031
Thanks for the story. A quick search only turns up one story, posted across a few paranormal/conspiracy blogs and message boards about a woman named Lerina Garcia who woke up and claimed to be in the wrong time. Unfortunately they all provide the same source from which they gathered this woman's story and it's a bogus link, so I can't really find out much else.
>>
>>17906046
It could be, there's certainly no historical shortage of people who made up bullshit stories to get famous. Some of the details are off-putting, like the idea that they would slip back into such a crucial moment in French history. But then again, maybe whatever force could be responsible for something like a time slip could be affected by or associated with instances of particular emotional (for lack of a better word. spiritual just doesn't do it for me) shifts?

Admittedly, that's a bit of a stretch but there are still instances like the Liverpool/Bold Street cases I mentioned as well, which seem to be more of something accidental, not aimed at gaining attention (like writing a book) and without over-the-top additional details such as seeing Marie Antoinette.
>>
The Man from Taured, anyone?
>>
>>17906076
The man from Taured is a fascinating case, but does it have any connotations of being displaced in time? From what I remember he claimed/had documentation to show that he was from a country which doesn't exist, right?

If there are some elements involving a potential time slip, refresh my memory - I could have just forgotten that bit.
>>
>time
>>
File: mydude.jpg (563KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mydude.jpg
563KB, 1280x1280px
>>17906090
Do go on.
>>
Robert Anton Wilson gave a different approach on all matters of previous lives/reincarnations and also what you guys call Time Slips.

To make it short he goes form the idea that time itself doesnnt change, but our perception of it does, which in turns gives the same results.

He believed that deep within the dna was encoded all the realm of posibilities of human lives, including all our knowledge, experience, etc, and that under specific conditions, the brain could reach this massive knowledge and access past lives, or other human lives. Kinda like the annukaki archives or something, I forgot its name.

So no magical portal in hard reality, but rather an incredible trick of the brain, leading to the impression that one indeed had access to a different timeline, as if seeing from the eyes of people long dead.

Thoughts on that ?
>>
Please don't die on me!!!
>>
File: S-F_Spaceman.jpg (55KB, 497x655px) Image search: [Google]
S-F_Spaceman.jpg
55KB, 497x655px
>>17906100

If I'm going to consider the possible scientific explanations for this phenomenon, I'd honestly be more inclined towards something in the vein of our poor grasp of the dimensions above the three we perceive than I would any sort of DNA programming. The former only requires an admission of ignorance and some imagination whereas the latter seems to go further into the supernatural than the time slip concept already is.

I honestly don't mean that to shit on your contribution, that's just my first thought. But I'm curious whether you have any more information on it.
>>
>>17906100
Nice dubs.
>>
>>17906113
right now the most widely accepted version about the "appearance" of time is....what? Like a two dimensional plane or the classic linear timeline or a tree with branches being the result of parallel timelines deriving from others?
>>
File: srs.jpg (70KB, 439x750px) Image search: [Google]
srs.jpg
70KB, 439x750px
>>17906100
RAW knew some shit. I'm a fan.
>>
>>17906141

I don't know that there is a widely accepted view on the "appearance" of time but, again, that could just be my own ignorance. There's the spacetime component, but our perception of time as we understand it, as a measure of our existence, I think it's rather narrow and simplistic.
>>
File: that_lovecraft_feel.png (98KB, 342x427px) Image search: [Google]
that_lovecraft_feel.png
98KB, 342x427px
>>17906113
Well there seems to be a huge bias with our science as to whether the events we study happen in the outside reality (I lack the words for this, so take it as inherent reality ? Objective reality ?) or if it's happening in our heads, as what we perceive and how it affect us. You know, the map is not the territory.

I personally think that the truth must be somewhere between these two, that it indeed has something to do with our struggle with quantuum dimentions, and also that it's got something to do with advanced brain fuckery.

That'd explain why the supernatural often seems to be subjective and only appear to very few people, while leaving almost no traces for science to study.

>>17906146
I find it astonishing how all the ideas he fooled around with got deleted by the officials. He sure knew his shits but for some obscure reasons his ideas never took off and flew by their own wings. It's like theres been a cultural embargo on most of their ideas.
>>
>>17906153
what about the story with the thieve. Proven bullshit or still could be real?
>>
File: paramoronic.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
paramoronic.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>17906156
I'm in agreement, by and large. The thing that gets sort of frustrating for me is that the dimensional component is a legitimate, worthwhile area for study and consideration but too many paranormal/supernatural researches cannot stop themselves from making gigantic leaps in logic and get the cart before the horse. If we want to posit that things like time anomalies, ghosts, maybe even things like UFOs are experiences/interactions with dimensional intersecting, I think that's great. I even like hearing wild ideas and theories about what lies beyond our understanding of the other dimensions. But they lose me completely when they speculate about the things on the other side of this essentially permanent barrier to our knowledge of other dimensions while framing them as plausible or even scientific explanations. I've seen people who want to utilize the extra-dimensional explanation but then they start giving what are basically just entirely imagined stories for how it happens and who or what these other "entities" in higher dimensions are when even presuming that they are in fact conscious beings is way, way over the line into speculation and simple fiction.

It's honestly one of the things I hate about the larger community surrounding the paranormal, too few people can accept that there are things we know, things we don't know and things we can't know. They have to insist that there are simply things we know and things they're figuring out purely via what amounts to intuition.
>>
>>17906208
That chart is correct at least for /x this is the dumbest board full of morons and role play faggots I have ever seen.
>>
>>17906208
Ah yes, it'd be great to have science and paranormal go hand in hand. But we'd need a new term for that field, something devoid of stereotypes and easy clichés
>>
>>17906208
>no /po/
Shit chart.
>>
File: 1447005330978.png (12KB, 624x430px) Image search: [Google]
1447005330978.png
12KB, 624x430px
>>17906208
>4chan charts
>>
>>17906311

That, and it'll never happen for as long as the primary spokespeople for various areas of paranormal study are mostly crackpots and megalomaniacs.

>>17906319
>>17906332
The charm in that chart is that there's literally never been one instance where it has been posted that someone didn't see it, take it somehow seriously and feel fannyflubbered over it.
>>
>>17906350
The wise are silent in the end.

While /x/ is 95% bullcrap, I've still found some pearls of knowledge and wisdom in here. Unsurprisingly, it often goes unnoticed. That's why I still lurk here.
>>
>>17906547

Spot on. The shame is just that, despite what morons who have only been on this board for the last month/year enjoy saying, those decent or intelligent posts were not nearly as rare 2-3 years ago.
>>
>>17906031
I can't really say much for its validity and it could be completely and wholly fake AFAIK but several months back on /r9k/, an anon claimed that they were an overweight male living in Tampa, FL, who went to sleep and woke up the next day as a skinny blonde female living in New York, remaining in that body ever since. The timestamp is about the only convincing thing (of course, they could still be lying) but the explanations seem plausible enough too.

Here is the thread if you or anybody else is interested: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/26661276
>>
>>17906083
>the word comes from a story about a man who showed up in the Tokyo airport in 1956 with a passport from a country called Taured. When asked to point this country out on a map, he pointed to Andorra, claiming that their map had his country's name wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Andorra#Taured
>>
>>17906025
Are there more websites about the concept, and/or related incidents, in general? I'm intrigued by the premise.

>>17906547
The entirety of 4chan--possibly excusing the very small boards--is mostly shitty due to the overabundance of newfags over the last several years who have permanently ruined the website. Of course, /x/ is victim to this. Not saying /x/ was pristine beforehand, what with the /b/ raid, but hopefully you get the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>17906585
I do, anon I do. I must have started lurking here 2 years ago, while it often was purely spoopy oriented, the levels of shitpost and roleplay were pretty low. Well, I mean compared to now.

But enough with the complaints, anybody got a fresh new approach on the subject ?
>>
>>17906756
one of the cryptic clues from an /x/ omegle thread led to me find this story which seems to be used as a translation exercise in books teaching English as a foreign language.
>"One summer afternoon in New York in 1875, while his wife was preparing dinner, Mr Levi Gamin left his house to buy some tabbaco. He never returned. Sixty years later in 1935, the N.Y.Times printed a story about a man dressed in strange old-fashioned clothes who stepped in front of a car while crossing Times Square. He died instantly.
>The dead man carried no identification and there was nothing in his pocket except some old bank notes from 1875.The police had no idea who the man was or why he was wearing such strange clothes, until a police officer decided to check the missing person file for 1875. In the file was a description of Mr Gamin which matched the description of the dead man exactly. It was then that the questions began.
>Why had Mr Gamin disappeared in 1875? How had he suddenly turned up in Times Square in 1935? Where had he been for the past sixty years and why had his appearance not changed? Did Mr Gamin really vanish into thin air or did something unknown take him into another dimension?
http://gtaforums.com/topic/393217-mysteroius-thing-happened/
http://brainly.ro/tema/310046
>>
Don't knwo the details, or if this exactly checks on the time slips category but I heard a story some time ago, about two mexican actresses of the 50's or so, that were doing a film on a old town. One morning these women wake up early and before the shooting, decided to go to the church. They went and the church was empty except for a priest. They just stayed for a few minutes before going to their works. When they arrive at the set, everyone was franctic cause they (the women), arrived 5 hour late and no one could found them. The actresses swore they just were in the church like for an hour at most...
>>
>>17906100
So you're saying there's like a giant Internet of human memories and sometimes we're able to log into it?
>>
>>17911224
damn we just lost the game
>>
>>17911224
Yeah, that's what some people believe.
Jung's collective unconscious or the Akashic Records.
It's what Edgar Cayce claimed he accessed during his naps.
>>
I heard of a story of heirs visiting a house to see how everything was. Make sure everything was okay. And they knocked at the door and they saw the curtain move and a dog bark and a cranky old lady telling them to go away. After a while of knocking they left. They left to see the management and asked them about the new people living there and said the lady with the dog wouldnt open the door and sounded a bit cranky. The person managing thhe property just looked at them all confused and said, that's odd, there hasnt been anyone living there in a long time. And showed them the place. No one was there.
>>
>>17906547
This, to high heaven
>>
>>17906564
>http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/26661276
Oh shit my man. I remember that thread. I kept pissing around and telling people they were in a coma and that we wanted them to wake up. Also some anon left a link to the Giles Corey album and I got into trance and possession States from that. That thread was a top time my mate.
>>
>>17906564
Also I'm inclined to believe the anon on that thread because what self respecting girl would go on /r9k/ who wasn't trying to get orbiters?
>>
>>17905980
If you're interested in this concept, you should watch the recent tv series "The Living and the Dead".
>>
File: 1456179599360.jpg (92KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
1456179599360.jpg
92KB, 677x782px
>>17906208
>hail from /his/
>look for /his/
>no /his/
>>
>>17906350
I just want to thank you for the term "fanny flubbered" , Imma keep that one
>>
>>17906564
Do you know if that anon ever showed up in any later threads?
I used to browse /r9k/ all the time and I'm now regretting not being there for that thread, the idea of 'body swapping' has always been a particular interest of mine.
>>
>>17905980
>Toward the end of this experience, one of the women believed that she witnessed Marie Antoinette, who at this time had been dead for over a hundred years, sketching on the grass and smiling at her.

"OMG WE WENT BACK IN TIME AND SAW A PRINCESS"

Bullshit.

>The women didn't discuss the incident at first, but once they did they arrived at the conclusion that they had experienced something very strange, possibly some sort of ghost encounter, and wrote separate accounts of the incident before compiling them into a book which garnered them their fair share of ridicule

Rightly so.
>>
Apparently there's a super specific one that occurs near my house in Victoria, BC, while driving down a main road the surronding houses disappear and it looks like the farmland of the 1860s

"A widely documented and experienced time warp or vortex is supposed to occur on Shelbourne St. A strange phenomenon has been reported over many years along a two-block stretch of Shelbourne Street (between Hillside Avenue and Pearl Street). Motorists, usually late at night when traffic is minimal usually during october between 2 and 3 am, have sometimes discovered everything around them takes on the appearance of rural countryside with farms, fields and gravel roads, instead of a paved road flanked by sidewalks and modern buildings. The vortex ends abruptly beyond the two-block area."
>>
>>17906058
The only thing that struck me as interesting about it was the detail of things looking flat and fake. The Marie Antoinette stuff is what makes it sound stupid.

>>17906083
Wasn't displaced time so much as alternative universe I think.
>>
>>17915490

The flat appearance aspect is probably the part that has always kept my fascination with this supposed phenomenon. Imagining witnessing something like that is scary as all hell. Sort of an inverted dissociation.
>>
>>17915053
Not that I know of, no. There was a new thread a day or two after that one 404'd and they never showed up so I doubt it.
>>
>>17906100
Is that maybe why some people, both children and adults are able to speak laguages that have been dead for thousands of years or talk about stuff that happened to someone who lived hundreds of years before them, while under hypnosis. Hypnosis could be one of those "conditions" in which this happens. Sorta makes sense to me?
>>
>>17906031
Tbh it kind of sounds like alzheimer. I didn't know her, but apparently my great grandma would sometimes act like she was some kind of royality from the past. This story reminded me of that.
>>
>>17916567
I would agree with that but the thing is, the girl who claimed to be royalty was in her 20s/30s which is extremely young for Alzheimer's. It also doesn't explain why the particular noble woman she claimed to be also had an episode that matches hers.

I guess it could be mental illness & extreme luck but saying that almost seems more out there than just thinking that maybe they really were somehow involved in some bizarre time traveling freaky Friday deal
>>
>>17915397
Why aren't you going there and filming it, anon=
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.