[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ordinary folks- extaordinary life experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: think again.jpg (94KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
think again.jpg
94KB, 448x252px
Ordinary people have deeply personal experiences that profoundly change their outlook on life. The type of things that are utterly unrelated to what they think they know, or are able to relate to those of their peers. This can happen to anybody. Times of great stress are key periods in a life when such phenomena will occur. No religious cosmology, no theology, no occultism, no new age material need be or is regarded in this OP. I want to hear what the most down to earth /x/ posters have to say in regards to this. I'm only looking for those people who have had moments so strikingly moving, without reason or warning or explanation, that have altered an otherwise set view of the way it is.
>>
The only time I ever heard voices was when I was close to a nervous breakdown. I thought I was going to prison (entangled with bad elements, thus I allowed cops free reign in my home- they treated me poorly regardless), and at the time I'd alienated myself from my family. I wasn't involved is crime, I was involved with my own self-pity. I was drinking and taking sleeping pills. The stress and bad sleep/crazy waking dreams broke my mind. I would hear people talking rapidly, as though around a corner but I could never tell what they were saying. It was constant, like something was breaking through. That was at the utmost worst part of my life. I think I was experiencing a break from reality. I was on the verge of stepping into the void. I've had an aunt who was a very gifted artist fall totally into it, resulting in her suicide. It was as scary as it was because I'd read that it was hereditary. I came back on my own, which lead me to believe when a person does fall into that trap, their mind reels, trying whatever it can to shock, to remind, to pull you back before they die.
>>
>>17901697

For example, one waking dream I've had included all my current( at the time) friends, my boss, co-workers, all were standing in this arctic landscape around a great bonfire, chanting a number. And it was a number I somehow knew I'd get tattooed on me soon, and all together were chanting, then singing about how another one is going to be lost. It was so sorrowful, these people I knew and cared for and respected, singing this horrible, tragic dirge about me that it really snapped my mind out of it enough, even though after that I was far from well for a good eight weeks at least. I remember one verse, it was so profound, so personally meaningful that it transcended anything I've ever heard, because it was just for me. I'll never repeat it. I think if someone tried to get me to, I couldn't. It was my chant. That was my life et al and they were talking about it coming to an end. I took that lesson.
>>
Bumping. It's late on Saturday, no, it's early Sunday morning and somebody interested in this thread is getting up soon.
>>
>>17901683
Do you consider an entity of negative energy to fit this?
>>
>>17901774
I'm open minded. And this thread is dead otherwise. I don't know what you mean by entity of negative energy, though. Throw me a bone, maybe I'll find some meat on it. I won't judge or say anything 'negative', rest assured.
>>
>>17901854
You can be honest or negative, I appreciate honesty over coddling.

Well someone I know is being greatly impacted by "something" , and stress was a factor but not enough to warrant this.
>>
>>17901873
I'll take you seriously and only respond with the kind of humor you show me. I'll give you that.
>>
>>17901882
I was being serious, but I understand your doubts with how /x/ has been the past few days. Thank you for listening at least
>>
>>17901895
You really insult a guy by saying, "these last few days". What do you know about /x/? Regardless, I forgot about my thread, if you are still here I'll listen. I didn't mean to let this thread drop. Please, I would like to know about your negative energy entity.
>>
>>17901683
I had a moment a few years ago. I had got caught up in another fantasy of improving my increasingly empty life. I had decided I was going to get a degree and got caught up in filling in all the applications and what not. So interview day comes and I'm walking to the site. As I get closer a familiar feeling comes over me, this isn't a dream, it's real. I start to realise how bad my grades were way back then, how the portfolio I've got is full of meaningless crap. I'm going to do what I've done my whole life, I'm going to walk past and pretend I never cared. As I walk by my heart is pounding, my palms are glossy with sweat. Something automatic takes over. I'm walking to the front door, I'm actually going in! It became a bit of a dream again when I was inside. They were slightly impressed I had put together a portfolio myself but I lost all coherence a couple of times. But a moment came. Through the babble and nonsense I saw the doubt in their eyes. Almost in a mocking way one of them says "you know this is hard work don't you?". It hits me like a ton of bricks. The whole world right there in front of me and I stop. I stop thinking and the words of truth come out "my life is... i want my life to be better now". It resonates through the room.

I got an unconditional offer and ended up getting a first class honours degree in fine art.
>>
>>17901683

Read Orthodoxia by Chesterton to understand why the extraordinary is precisely more frequent in ordinary people.
>>
Well i started having visions around puberty. Knowing shit i couldnt know and being 5 seconds in the future mostly. Also seeing ghosts and telling people about them.. them confirming it. It just got crazier from there lol.

Its funny sometimes i start to think im just imagining it, but thats when shit goes down. They wont let me forget. I could write multiple books on my experiences, but i wont.
>>
>>17902236
>ended up getting a first class honours degree in fine art
/x/ ylyl is another thread
>>
>>17903368
Very original.
>>
My son was killed in automobile accident a little over a year ago. Bad circumstances in the fact that his crash site was just a few miles away from our house and I was the first person to find him. His truck was upside down in a creek channel. He was badly torn up, so bad that we had to have a closed casket funeral. Anyway when I found him the first thing I did was crawl up inside his truck and try to pull his little fucked up body out. He was pinned in so I couldn't move him. I was inside the truck struggling with this for 30 to 45 minutes before the cops and fire department arrived on scene.

Anyway, in the aftermath of all of this I developed a profoundly bad case of ptsd. The full version of ptsd with horrific nightmares every night and flashbacks during the day.

The "profoundly changed" part of this is that I see him and hear him speaking from time to time. I can hear him talking on the phone in his bedroom. And in crowded places the he and I used to frequent together, I will catch glimpses of him out of the corner of my eye. He just seems to be milling around in the crowd or walking from point A to point B. This wrecks the fuck out of me every time that it happens.

I realize that this is just a figment of my imagination and/or collateral damage from the ptsd.

Thank god that my wife eventually forced me to go to a psychiatrist. I am pretty heavily medicated now and this has helped tremendously with the daytime flashbacks.
>>
>>17902998
Hopefully when you finish puberty you'll grow out of pretending this stupid shit.
>>
>>17903611
Glad you got some help, man. I can't imagine going through that kind of horror.
>inb4 some idiot says something like "MEDS R BRIANWASHING U" or some equally dumb shit
>inb4 I get called a shill for big pharma.
>>
>>17903636

Thanks man. It has been one hell of a ride.
>>
>>17903611
I'm a relatively new father and deal with the trauma of PTSD. This story pains me as I can't even imagine. All these types of things rings reality through me like vibrations of thunder every single time. Your strength to go forward is amazing and I have all the respect in the world for you. Am sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing
>>
>>17904155

Thank you bro...

And I haven't come through it completely unscathed.

My sons birthday was just three days before fathers day this. On fathers day I had what I guess you would call a nervous breakdown. I turned my phone off and went and sat under that bridge for two days with a gallon of vodka. My son and wife finally found me. I was deathly dehydrated by that time and they took me to an inpatient psychiatric hospital and I spent a week in there. And then two weeks in intensive outpatient therapy. It has really helped. I'm glad I went.
>>
>>17901706

great read
thanks for OC
spooky as fuck
>>
>>17904241
I am so sorry for your loss and your pain.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.