[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I GET GOOD KARMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1468019129410.jpg (250KB, 1017x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468019129410.jpg
250KB, 1017x768px
How do i become a more high vibing, good vibe, dharma, God caren, or whatever you call the fact of having; if not good luck, a tranquil happy life, because actually i kinda have good luck in the sense that i always see worst escenarios than the ones that happen to me come close. I mean all of this in a metaphysic way, like spiritually or religius. Do i have to do some ritual, pray, WHAT do you reccomend me, i usually dont post or lurk in this board but ive seen some of you are into all these kind of stuff and i want to develop myself spiritually. Who is willing to help. Also post skype if you rather talk there. Ill be very Thankful if you help me.
Pic unrelated
>>
Meditation and visualisation
>>
File: do you fear death.jpg (17KB, 403x274px) Image search: [Google]
do you fear death.jpg
17KB, 403x274px
>>17900921

terrible
>>
Read the Bible, pray to God to help you.
>>
>>17900921
i've been into zen buddhism for quite a while before turning back to catholicism.
what i can tell you about karma is the following: don't get to metaphysical. bad karma results from you knowing subconsciously that what you are doing (or even thinking) is wrong. it's the same the other way around. and yes, it is that simple.
>>
Just meditation. Connect with the world. See the world. Feel the world. You live here, experience it. Not culture, just existence.
>>
>>17904055
Simple?

That shit makes no fucking sense at all.
>>
>>17904097
well, it does. it's about the conscious and subconscius perception of what you do, which influences how you perceive your life. you'll get that if you sit and meditate or pray or whatever for a time long enough.
>>
>>17900921
Get rid of ego, fear and belief.
Love.
Easy but hard to maintain
>>
>>17904097
Dude he said he went back to catholicism. You should have stopped reading at that point
>>
>>17904173
tell me why?
>>
>>17904175
Do I really have to print it out?
>>
>>17904184
yes. i'm the guy who went back to catholicism, and i'd like to discuss that.
>>
>>17904185
You're holding onto the idea that you, as in your ego, your thought of yourself as John or frank or whatever the fuck your name is, is going to enter eternal heaven as you after death.

You follow a Religion designed to make people feel bad about being human.
>>
are you a good GG catholic? they practice Haitian daosim you know.
>>
I donno about how you get good karma.. maybe don't be a asshole to people but for feeling good and having "good vibes" try meditation and breathing and shit like that.. Like seriously try just focusing on your breathing and nothing else for like 30 minutes its like the chillest feeling ever.
>>
>>17904195
ok. you've got a point there. the church tends to rely heavily on the "afterlife".
but i'm gonna tell you why i turned back, i hope it is understandable:
the catholic church is a huge organisation. and as a huge organisation, it has to take care of a huge amount of believers.
which means that it has to reach intelligent and educated people as much as their counterparts.
and you get to the simplier ones (which doesn't imply "less worth" or something) by simple teachings.
that's the same thing buddhism or daoism or even the islam do, by the way.
but even if you take away the simple, "afterlife"-oriented rules catholicism has some serious issues. get a bit into catholic theology and you'll find a lot of them. claiming that cremated people are denied heaven, for example.
but i've been baptized as a toddler and i belong to that huge mess that is the catholic church. and i believe that all religions lead to the same goal, in different ways.
that's why i chose to chose to get back to a world full of wonders, demons, angels and said afterlife, because i might be able to do something for the people who believe.
belief is something that develops, and i might to be able to help some people to develop theirs.
also, i had some very personal experiences that made me go kinda full medieval in my personal belief, which doesn't mean i condemn any other human being searching for truth in any way.
all that might sound kinda confusing, i've never expressed it in english. sorry for that.
ah, and about the afterlife: i don't know if there is something like that. in my zen point of view, we just don't vanish, because the universe is a "closed system". energy stays. always.
as a catholic, i'd say there is something that stays. don't ask me what heaven is like. the only thing that matters is how we behave in this world. that is something that unifies all religions.
>>
>>17904301
Religion is mans "attempt" to explain the unexplainable, most religious and Religions came out of mystical visions dreams and so on.

However. To think that God can be defined in any ome religion is fucking idiotic. If God is eternal then God is everything, including the people who have different religious beliefs.

But at the end of the day, believe what gets you through the day. If thats catholicism, then sure.
>>
>>17904320
well, that's what i wanted to express. god is beyond religious systems. but religious systems can lead to god, if done right. and as soon as you realize that it doesn't matter if your catholic or daoist or zen monk or whatever. just be a fucking good human being or at least try. everything else we'll see, eventually.
>>
File: 1462069115212.jpg (39KB, 334x344px) Image search: [Google]
1462069115212.jpg
39KB, 334x344px
>>17900921
You dont you dumb faggot there is no such thing.
>>
>>17904336
Agreed. Don't always have to be good though
>>
>>17904357
well, define good. in any given situation, we're mostly unable to predict the longterm effects of our actions.
that's what a zen monk means if he says "take from the poor and give to the rich".
>>
>>17904357
>>17904370
(thats why im saying at least try)
>>
>>17904375
Ok thanks for sharing your thoughts
>>
>>17904400
you're welcome. hope i was able to make some points halfways clear. the longer i live the more confusing life gets. i guess socrates was right.
>>
>>17904412
"I know that I know nothing" – for all of you who don't know that saying.
>>
>>17904412
Perhaps
>>
Chant Hare Krsna. It's that simple.
>>
>>17904491
pretty much tho

also stretch your asshole for god. he likes it. wider please.
>>
>>17904505
the edgy teen has spoken. or the man that didn't develop over his teen years. not sure about that.
>>
What do you think this is, Fallout?
>>
>>17900921
This is an interesting topic. An assumption you're making is that karma exists in some metaphysical sense. I don't know, but I think the more literal translation of karma is the law of cause and effect. Every action will have a reaction. I have seen good people get very ill and loving souls be the victims of senseless and random violence. Some things we can't anticipate, and that's a scary part of this world. You can devote yourself to a life of sincere service and some tweaker will come along out of blue and still try to take your head off for no apparent reason. It's a chaotic world. That said, if a good and safe life is what you hope for, maybe it's worthwhile to also research protection spells, Guardian angel summoning, increasing intuitive powers, etc. Anyone got some insight on this?
>>
>>17905363
Karma is a close parallel to the word "action," yes. It is less about getting what you deserve and more about action and consequence. The main difference between karma and Newton's 3rd Law is that karma extends beyond direct interaction. So not only is karma understod to be part of an event chain starting before your life and continuing past it, but things like accepting responsibility over people means you take on some of their karma.

The Vedas speak of karma (action you should do), niskarma (action you shouldn't do), and akarma (nonactive action). The Bhagavad-Gita repeatedly uses the term karma-yoga, action that reunites the self with the Supreme. In fact, Prabhupada in the introduction listed five topics discussed in the Gita: Isvara (God), Jiva (living beings), Maya (material nature), kala (time), and karma (action). Of these, only karma is considered to not be eternal. Karma is - essentially - the temporary turbulence in the material. Kicked into agitation by time, karma will eventually settle and the material will be unmanifest until the whole shebang starts up again.
>>
>>17900921
become a monk
>>
>>17900921

You reap what you sow. Sow kindness and generosity and love, and you'll reap the same.
>>
File: 3-modes-of-material-nature.jpg (312KB, 840x978px) Image search: [Google]
3-modes-of-material-nature.jpg
312KB, 840x978px
>>17906722
To add to this, and to get more to the point of OP, all karma is colored by the modes of nature: goodness/passion/ignorance (sattva, raja, tamo). I was going to copypasta the bits of chapters 14,17, & 18 that give explicit "this is sattvic, this is rajasic, this is tamasic."

>Bg 14.6 — O sinless one, the mode of goodness, being purer than the others, is illuminating, and it frees one from all sinful reactions. Those situated in that mode become conditioned by a sense of happiness and knowledge.
>Bg 14.7 — The mode of passion is born of unlimited desires and longings, O son of Kuntī, and because of this the embodied living entity is bound to material fruitive actions.
>Bg 14.8 — O son of Bharata, know that the mode of darkness, born of ignorance, is the delusion of all embodied living entities. The results of this mode are madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned soul.

Hrm, I think it'll actually be easier if I condense and list out the details, rather than quote the verses. I'll be back later with a pic.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.