[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about chaos magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

Let's talk about chaos magic
>>
Sure.

What sigla have you used recently? Any particularly impressive servitors attached to them? What kind of gnosis do you guys use?
>>
File: change-we-can-believe-in-poster.jpg (71KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
change-we-can-believe-in-poster.jpg
71KB, 1000x639px
>>
how to configure cs:go?
>>
>>17897721
>>
File: 1458747398110.jpg (63KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1458747398110.jpg
63KB, 599x599px
>>17897714
>>
>>17897720
I'm practicing meditation. I just can't take masturbation as gnosis seriously.
>>
>>17897740
why not?
>>
>>17897740
But is meditation a means to an end?
>>
I practice chaos magic
I'm not very good at it though
>>
>>17897740

Masturbation as gnosis isn't the only way to do excitatory gnosis, and inhibitory gnosis is also an option.
>>
Is Donald Trump using chaos magic to make America great again? Everything seems to be lining up just too easy for him to win in November and I am pretty sure he is using chaos magic...
>>
Flashlight reveries caught in the head lights of a truck.
>>
>>17897782
Why are you quoting Soad?
>>
>>17897782
I used this thread to know these lyrics
>>
>>17897773
I believe that is the mass unconscious, willing him to victory.
>>
Was he a chaos magician?
>>
Listening to Last Podcast On The Left's series on Chaos Magic now.
>>
>>17897814
I don't even know who that is
>>
>>17897773
I never knew people took Trump seriously. I always thought people saw him as a shitty businesman and a walking joke. How is this happening?
>>
>>17897831
GG Allen
>>
>>17897848
>>
>>17897773
Nah, he's just pandering to the idiotic massed by screaming and flailing his tiny hands.
>>
>>17897874
Or maybe you shouldn't be allowed into this country if you have nothing to offer
>>
>>17897848
fake and gay
>>
>>17897874

>>>/salon/
>>
>>17897893
Huh?
>>
>/pol/ and /mu/ hijack a thread

Well balls.
>>
If I construct a servitor, will you folks make it a proto egregore with me?
>>
We're all chaos magicians, puppets to the grand toad
>>
>>17897897
Kek
>>
>>17897714
Okay.
>>
>>17897800
That's one of the questions I have about chaos magic. If the effect of sigilization is solely to embed the intent into your subconscious, then shouldn't we be constantly experiencing all sorts of magical happenings as a result of subconscious desires?
>>
>>17901536

...aren't you?
>>
>>17901542
If I was, I would be seeing my mother naked more often, or something like that.
>>
>>17901549

>freud and shit
>>
>>17901536
We do. But with magic you're more likely to manifest your intent and make the connections afterwards.
>>
>>17897902
OP of course
>>
Chaos magic is basically a mix of tools and methods of other kinds of magic. It's only as powerful as the input of energy and only as focussed as the intent.
>>
File: 1462053405684.jpg (579KB, 1280x1835px) Image search: [Google]
1462053405684.jpg
579KB, 1280x1835px
>>
File: The-Culture-Curve-1.png (73KB, 650x439px) Image search: [Google]
The-Culture-Curve-1.png
73KB, 650x439px
>>17897721
Reminder that calculus is the mathematical study of change. Study calculus, seek to truly understand it and burn its rules into your mind, and you will be a master of change. Your mind will do the rest in expanding the mathematical principles to everything else subconsciously.

>>17897800
A good portion of the collective unconscious is infested by a parasitic pattern known as the spectacle. It is difficult to define concisely, but it is generally relationships between people and objects mediated by images - images become the reality, and seek to manifest themselves in reality through human action. It is a fun-house mirror that selectively amplifies and distorts. Trump feeds the spectacle by making a spectacle of himself, and is thus rewarded.

The collective consciousness is sick. As the ability of communications technology increases, so does the ability of the spectacle. However the ability of subversive chaotic forces also increases. Cultural change is accelerating, and if it continues will be beyond the capacity of the spectacle to maintain itself - it will be torn apart. Change in acceleration is known as "jerk." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B1ZQcbSvdU
>>
It doesn't really exist. Stephen said so.
>>
>>17901643
I got A's all my calc classes and i call bullshit.
>>
What workings are my fellow chaotes pursuing? I'm currently working on the second operation in Pete Carroll's Liber KKK, sorcery divination.
>>
so what does chaos magic even do?
>>
>>17903316
busy running wirse through my sabatoleth industriest ltd radionic broadcast box
>>
>>17904192
The goal in my experience is using your own unconscious to further a goal ethereally. At some point you let go and let the universe do the work for you. The chaos part comes in when you stop trying to control every aspect of the magic
>>
File: dont_navy.jpg (51KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
dont_navy.jpg
51KB, 1200x800px
>>17897714
Why should you.
>>
FOR
>>
THE
>>
GLORY
>>
OF
>>
CHAOS
>>
>>17905667
LET THE GALAXY BURN
>>
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/texts/libermmm.html
>>
How many of you works towards the Augoeides?
>>
>>17897848
Good grief...

Are there any well-grounded practitioners of chaos magick here or did I just waste my time checking out /x/ after a long absence?
>>
>>17905852
Usually /x/ is infested by /b/tards and trolls, the guys that are actually interested in this stuff are newfriends (like me). So expect role play, trolls and very basic questions.
>>
>>17897773
I don't know about him (obviously), but knowing what we know it would be very naive to think that the elites don't know about magic or that they don't use it to their advantage or against each other.
>>
>>17900149
It depends on what it does of course, but I'm interested.
>>
IO CHAOS
>>
>>17897714
*sighs*

Let's not.
>>
>>17907711
>*sighs*

Let's not.
>>
>>17907711
Why, because chaos magick isn't old and written in some dead language?
>>
>>17897765
>crowley fags actually believe this

Typhon sucks cocks
>>
>>17907795
no because it was created by psychopaths.
it was invented to trap souls.
>>
>>17907819
Wha-
Please explain.
>>
Isn't the best way to learn Chaos Magick to read the philosophy that's a new age version of Crowley, realize wanking to sigils is literally the lowest form of magic possible, then learn and read about literally any and every other belief?
>>
>>17907819
>trap
There are gentle creatures at the bottom of the sea.

If they come up for air, they will surely die.

From decompression.
>>
>>17907839
Well yes, it's the best for most people. If you're smarter than most people, you can skip a few of those steps.
>>
>>17907913

But I skipped the first two steps, I never would have read Grant Morrison's The Invisibles.
>>
>>17907958
Then don't skip them. Only the advanced can skip steps.
>>
>>17907958

I want something else than channeling my intent through masturbation recomendation to read please
>>
>>17908038

Read literally anything else than Chaos Magick.

Go for invocation. I'd recommend Paganism instead of Demon.

Or try Runes like Sigil Magic but with no fapping.

Literally anything else.

Chaos Magick is all about learning everything you can and recording results to see what works for you and what doesn't before creating your own.

It's a reckless approach so don't go rushing in with Goeta like a dumbass. I've got bad spirits just communing with Hermes.
>>
>>17908009

I meant but if I didn't skip the first two steps.
>>
>>17908059
So what's the goal here? Did you want to retain the experience of having read The Invisibles? If so, then skip the steps like you did. If not, then go back and make sure you don't skip steps.
>>
>>17908079

I was taking the piss out of chaos magick and saying Invisibles is the only good thing that covers the first two steps.
>>
>>17908087
And? What's your point? You think I didn't get that?

Some chaos mage you are, JFC.
>>
>>17908054

Thanx anon,

I should admit that it is Castañeda what I dig,

Tough I was wondering what where you all talking about

>Chaos magick
Cant see the "chaos" much in that, neither from what other anon posted about it occurring when you stop controling every aspect of the magik and let it go

I thought it would be related with akashia and the force of the collective unconciouss, jung, casualities, etc

> Recomendations
Thanks again, its like I was not concious I was posting at a magik thread - never occurred to me to try to invoccation per se.
>>
>>17908108

You're probably looking for something like discordianism but they probably don't take it as seriously as you're hoping.

The "Chaos" in chaos magick is because it discards all the rules and allows anything when most occult is focused on rules. Basically new age Crowley with more pseudoscience.

It revolves around just using every other belief and using them at will.

If you know anything about the occult, then you probably know the basics of chaos magick.

Invocation is usually the next step after sigil magick. Although Liber KKK is probably referring to Servitor and not sigils in it's first part.

If you already know this fucking shit then stop being a pussy and just do it. Do everything you know, learn whatever the fuck you want, then do it. Once you've got a good idea on doing it, create your own shit.

If you really need some kind of program to follow then chaos magick probably isn't for you but go read Liber KKK.
>>
>gnosis only can be reach by masturbation.

This is incorrect. You can reach gnosis trough heavy emotions like pain and wrath, or techniques like the death posture, yoga, meditation, or dancing until you are exhausted. You can also charge the sigils using third parts, like sharing it in social media (doing it in the correct mood), trough music, paintings... You can even make a mantra instead a sigil, and enter in gnosis repeating it until you reach that point, you can use a shamanist rythm with drums and shit. You can even make the sigil and mantra and use both at the same time to charge it. You also can use hypnosis as Z said in some posts.
Just read Liber MMM (it was posted above) if you are a dude without any practice.
To some people chaos magick is magick without rules, to me chaos magick serves to reach you goals experimenting and doing shit adapted to you, you adapt the different beliefs, techniques and rules, to reach the communication with the Augoeides, which is the confirmation that you did not failed in your path, that you developed a body of light and that you actually rule your microcosm and are ready to influence the macrocosm.
>>
File: 1464764256335-b.jpg (27KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
1464764256335-b.jpg
27KB, 236x354px
I'm still a beginner but i started reading Liber Null. Very early on it instructs you to meditate in different stages as a basis of practice. The second stage is concentrating completely in breathing for thirty minutes. Eventually it describes the magical trances: "entire attention on some meaningless phenomenon... These abilities are highly abnormal and usually inaccessible to human consciousness."

So call me a noob but i don't know why you guys are arguing about masturbation. It seems like a way to get lazy in your practice at best.
>>
>>17908285

You're correct which is why we're all shitting on the masturbation thing. Chaos Magick clearly has a focus on meditation.

However, a lot of chaotes use the masturbation technique as a short cut. Chaos magick didn't make up the masturbation technique, Crowley mentioned it once or twice.
>>
>>17908318
Well then.

Fuckin Crowley.
>>
>>17908347

Yep, that's what his tongue in cheek reference to child sacrifice was.
>>
I prefer Khorne.
>>
File: GrantSigil1.jpg (68KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
GrantSigil1.jpg
68KB, 460x550px
So... don't know what half of this thread is going on about, but I tried sigil magic last week (which is, I think, close enough to chaos magic, if not actually the same).

I used this method, which I learned from Grant Morrison and some /x/ posts:

>write out what you want
>remove the vowels and repeated letters
>draw a sigil using the remaining letters
>masturbate while concentrating on the sigil, and thus on your goal

And as I understand it, the idea is that the raw energy from wanking + the mental focus from the sigil = magic, so when you do the above ritual your magic goes out into the universe ("impregnates the matrix", I think I saw someone put it) and tips the odds in your favor for whatever goal you use it toward.

I even made sure to use my wanking hand to draw the sigil (reinforcing the connection between the two), and did the whole thing three or four times that week.

Nothing noticeably happened, in fact I ended up failing at the goal in question. So, two questions:

1: Did I do something wrong (not concentrate hard enough, draw the sigil incorrectly, etc) or fundamentally misunderstand how it works?

2: Is there anything I can do, or any test I could make, to see an obvious result from this?

Tbh this was kind of an experiment for me, I'd never done or believed in magic (except in an idle "hey, what if" sense) before. The results weren't encouraging - at this stage, it's basically looking like bunk, though I'd like to try again and hopefully be proven wrong.
>>
>>17908847
Here's the true guide to sigils, ignore retards on this board.

>1 - State your wish starting with "Is my will to ..."
>2 - Remove ONLY repeated letters.
>2.1 - (optional:recommended) Shift the positions of the letters.
>2.2 - (optional) Make such jumbled letters a mantra to chant while willing the intent.
>3 - Draw using your favorite method.
>4 - Acquire gnosis, focus as much as you can on the sigil.
>5 - Remove the sigil from existence, even from your mind (the hardest part).

Something to consider:
>Never state a wish with a negative (don't s;not's)
>Think carefully of what would happen but absolutely don't obsess over it.
>DON'T OBSESS.
>Drugs are a self destructive path, but there are viable.

The focal point is acquiring an state of gnosis at level 2-3 which is considerable hard to obtain for more than mere seconds with masturbation, the ideal path of true gnosis is deep meditative ecstasy but deep pleasure can work as well.

How it works is upon to your imagination. Honestly think about it as "Shifting the chances".

As for your questions.
>1
See above.
>2
Not really, is really hard to pull off but maybe it'll happen and it will struck your mind once it does.

Remember to believe.
>>
>>17908929
Thanks for this, will try with the altered formula and a very basic goal.

Would you include the "Is my will to" bit in the sigil itself, or just state that while making it? Also,

>Remove the sigil from existence, even from your mind (the hardest part).

What does this mean practically? Destroy the physical sigil you wrote and do your best to forget it?
>>
>>17908986
>Would you include the "Is my will to" bit in the sigil itself, or just state that while making it?

Including it is the standard way, think of it as stating that it will affect you.

>What does this mean practically? Destroy the physical sigil you wrote and do your best to forget it?

Yes, people often usually use fire. You can bend this rule around though, for example if it was a digital sigil all you'd do is delete it in a permanent way. If it was carved you'd scrap the surface until it's gone, etc..

You can also customize your way of drawing a sigil by being creative, although that's more advanced.
>>
>>17897814
he was a sad man who used music for attention otherwise no one would fucking know/care who he was and he would've died like every other fucking piece of shit without a name.

so yes, maybe, but probably not.
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!UNo1VTwA

^ K's library. In the chaos magick folder you have all what you need.
>>
>>17897814
tfw you post in /x/
literally everybody here is a retard
>>
Who the fuck is Alistair Crowley?
>>
File: Actual Chaosphere.png (62KB, 704x694px) Image search: [Google]
Actual Chaosphere.png
62KB, 704x694px
>>17897714
I don't understand why a Chaosphere has only 8 arrows, when it would make more sense for it to have 16, so that the shadow it casts is the eight fold chaos star.

To me it's like somebody cuts a square piece of paper out of the paper itself, and then proceeds to say he pushed it into the third dimension, instead of making a cube, which acutally would be a square pushed into the third dimension.

A n-dimensional Chaosphere should have n*4 Rays coming out of it.

2D - 8
3D - 16
4D - 32
etc.
>>
>>17911016
late night an math don't mix well.

I meant (2^n-1) * 4
>>
File: 1453987672814.gif (1005KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1453987672814.gif
1005KB, 500x375px
>>17897831
Jesus Christ Allin. Seriously, that was what his parents named him. His mother later legally changed his name to Kevin Michael, but he went by GG which was what his younger brother called him when they were small children because he couldn't say 'Jesus' yet. His father was a complete nut job, who thought GG was the second coming of Christ or something. Similar to Ted Cruz's father actually.
>>
>>17897714
do sigils work?

i have created a whole bunch and fired them off, the irony is that to be effective you must release desire after charging: forget what it was you wanted.

so in effect to get the thing you want you must stop wanting and thinking about the thing you want.

so i cannot even remember half the shit i sigiled apart from the big stuff and my only rational as to why i dont have the big stuff is that the desire is to strong.

is this whole thing a trick, to have what you desire you must lose the desire.

why bother?
>>
>>17911324

Dude, some things work well with it, if you know that it's not something you're super obsessed about. Example: When I was unemployed, I wouldn't bother, but now if I wanted to write a sigil for a better job, I don't care that much, so it's easy to forget.

You can also write these things in a journal and go back to them at least a few months later.

Better yet, write a bunch of sigils, mix them up, then shoot one off at a time something like once a week.

Don't get too hung up on forgetting, though. The real thing you have to care about is not having "lust for results," you want this shit in your subconscious, not your conscious. Telling yourself you can't think of something will make it impossible to not think of, so instead, every time it comes up, divert your focus. It's fine if it pops in your head from time to time as long as you don't obsess.

This shit all takes a delicate hand.
>>
i put a chaos sigil up my ass and it made me shit blood for a week
>>
>>17907711
He-heeeeyy, /r/eddit!
Good to see ya, buddy!
How's your day, huhh?
>>
>>17911423
Oh shit, someone who has actually read AO Spare, or at least one of his better explainers. I was going to shit on this whole thread for not knowing shit about shit, but you have saved them.
>>
>>
>>17900149
what are you talking about?
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.