[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: fear3815.jpg (4MB, 4986x3018px) Image search: [Google]
fear3815.jpg
4MB, 4986x3018px
What do you fear, /x/?

>inb4 jannie deletes this thread. Fears are often paranormal, faggot.
>>
I'm constantly really paranoid that I'll get air in my bloodstream and die of an air embolism, and I don't know why. Does that count?
>>
>>17897452
how crippling is it would you say? is it like an OCD level intrusive thought that consumes you throughout all aspects of your life or is it just something that pops into your head and you're like "FUCK"
>>
>>17897459
I think it's a bit more of something that just pops into my head when I'm going things that I feel could possibly result in that. It's not bad enough that it's ruining my life or anything like that.
>>
Not paranormal but I'm fucking afraid of sickness lol.. I'm a classic hypochondriac every fucking day I am diagnosing myself with something new.. This weeks its pancreatic cancer that has moved into my liver.. I swear my skin is like turning yellow and shit and I'll be dead within a couple months.. lol Yes, I'm a fucking weirdo.
>>
I was worried about this a while back since my Mom was in the hospital. I spoke to a few nurses about this and did alot of research. It turns out you need ALOT of air pumped into in your bloodstream at one time to cause an embolism. The tiny air bubbles that enter through an IV pose no danger to you. Most of them exit through your lungs too.
>>
>>17897476
It takes 10-20cc of air, so I already kind of know that, but it still scares me a lot for some reason.
>>
File: Caraca_sea_monster_by_f_Stopped.jpg (58KB, 979x816px) Image search: [Google]
Caraca_sea_monster_by_f_Stopped.jpg
58KB, 979x816px
>>17897429

I have a very deep fear of the ocean, specifically the deep sea. Had this for longer than I can remember, eventually developed into a fear of any sort of large body of water. I seriously can't even take baths, I've only showered for the past 5-7 years. Meanwhile, I also have a nearly religious fascination with the unknown deep, and I also work at sea (fish farming), so this fear is actually making my life harder.
>>
idk, totally spent all night, last night with knives in my gut, then my sides. Think it's something I ate. It broke in the middle of the night last night.

tell you about the time I laid on the floor in front of a space heater(like an inch off it) for hours with some bad cold our pneumonia freezing. It finally broke in the middle of the night.
>>
>>17897524
some shit and some shit accessories.
>>
>>17897524
Smoked weed tonight?
>>
Dolls
>>
>>17897534
idontdodrugs
>>
>>17897511
I have the same fear anon, absolutely terrifies me.

How did you wind up getting a job at sea with your phobia?
>>
>>17897511
nothing more peaceful than large bodies of water, muhaha, I would kinda like my body dumped in the deep ocean,if I should die.

https://www.ted.com/talks/guillaume_nery_the_exhilarating_peace_of_freediving?language=en

I loved the movie big blue when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvU_qqOnlAM
>>
>>17897546
Dad is my boss, I'm able to work hard, nuff said.

I'm fine as long as I'm in a boat, so I haven't really panicked outside of nearly falling over during heavy storms and such a few times. But damn, the thought of slowly sinking down into the abyss... I'd seriously rather inhale fire or something.
>>
>>17897592
you know the scene where the guy jumps off the ship in master and commander with a cannonball, slightly comforting. lol
>>
people
>>
>>17897429
highths and depths. going over a lake on a bridge is gut wrenching.
>>
File: 1467844310631.png (362KB, 1313x553px) Image search: [Google]
1467844310631.png
362KB, 1313x553px
>>17897592
Actually the ocean is filled with powerful undercurrents, so you wouldn't actually sink to the bottom, you would just drift around until something swallowed you whole or until organisms growing on your bones weigh you down enough that you sink
>>
>>17897620
Are you me? I try to rationalize the fear through the typical "we are one" bullshit but it neevr works.
>>
I have always had a severe fear of the dark. Nothing else really scares me but the dark. When I was little it was almost crippling. Even a dark hallway almost had me in tears. And the worst part was when it hurt me physically. It was never monsters or anything, it was just the dark and the voices I would imagine hearing. It wasn't ever words unless I was dreaming, and a few times I woke up with scratches, blood or even in a separate room (on rare occasions I would sleepwalk). It still unnerves me, but I don't have physical trauma anymore. I remember a few notable nights and moments, but nothing recent. Anyone else hate the dark?
>>
>>17897626
Sounds pleasant.
>>
>>17897429
Being immortal, and my friends and family dying.

The world changing around me, and I become a memento/exhibit from the past unable to move on,
>>
I've always had the fear that someone lays under my bed at night. It started with my fear of home invasions, but grew into a fear of someone breaking in while I wasn't home, waiting for me under my bed to go to sleep, and then sneaking out and just watching me or lightly touching me while I sleep. I have to take strong sleeping pills before I go to bed otherwise I'll lay awake all night trying to listen for someone to shifting around.
>>
>>17897429
Heart attacks and spiders.
>>
Adult responsibility
>>
>>17897896
>>17897620
this.
>>
Pregnancy and unwelcome guests (paranormal/ material/ other).
>>
I've always had huge fear of being forgotten, like, just dying and no one really remembering or caring after a while, just not mattering anymore.
>>
DEEP. FUCKING. BLUE. SEA.
>>
Naggers
>>
File: 1467539148440.gif (194KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1467539148440.gif
194KB, 500x278px
>>17898428
>>
I've got fear of heights
>>
Getting beheaded. I feel that's like true death
>>
Worms and slugs. I can't be the only one
>>
File: Veoma cudnovato.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Veoma cudnovato.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>17897429
Immortality
>>
The thought that even if I choose to never ever leave the cycle of reincarnation and purposefully stay on this side of the wall to help hoist others over, when the last man climbs over, the wall won't crumble and I'll still be here, alone.
>>
>>17898982
>get to top of wall before that last dude
>help him up by pulling instead of hoisting
>both jump to other side together
You're still helpful, but this way, the last guy can't leave you stuck.
>>
>>17899019
Huh, I've been stuck on that koan for like 20 years, and here you come along and BTFO of it.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
>>
I try to get myself scared from horror and such - which doesn't work at all yet - since I think it might help with my anxiety disorder.
I'm scared of making calls, opening doors, grocery stores and messing up at my job. Deathly scared. But supernatural stuff or even crime? Not at all.
That was different before the anxiety hit me, so maybe it's reversable. Therefore I often binge on horror movies, scary stories and reports on gruesome crimes.
>>
>>17899052
Are you me dude? Glad to know I'm not alone
>>
>>17899068
Maybe that's a common trait with anxiety disorders. I slept through my psychology class and cheated on the test so I have no idea - but it sounds reasonable to me.
>>
It is said that fears reveal your true self. If you ever been at the moment you think you'll surely die all the bullshit in your mind gets washed way.
>>
>>17898964
Agreed, the one that always gets to me is porky in mother 3 when he gets into the absolutely safe capsule and then realises he can never leave, and he has the exist forever in that state. That's always sat the wrong way with me.
>>
Death.
>>
i have a huge fear of one day finding out im forgetting huge chunks of my life. I'd rather die by my own hand than realize that what i am is slowly fading, without me noticing.
>>
>>17897429
>inb4 jannie deletes this thread. Fears are often paranormal, faggot.
never call janitors or mods names, they will cry
>>
>>17897429
For the world seeing me as I truly am.
>>
File: WNdtz.jpg (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WNdtz.jpg
356KB, 1920x1080px
>>17897429
>>
Ebola
>>
>>17900570
Found the Kwisatz Haderach
>>
The dark; I often see/feel "shadow people" in my home and constantly experience the overwhelming dread of being watched and not knowing it.
>>
File: 1408135102172.jpg (227KB, 1252x855px) Image search: [Google]
1408135102172.jpg
227KB, 1252x855px
My fear is getting sleep apnea and stopping breathing while I'm sleeping and die while I'm dreaming a dream I won't remember.
>>
I fear being paralyzed by fear.

But I also fear acting prematurely out of fear of being paralyzed by fear.

Both of which are basically just an extension of a fear of using my time suboptimally.

Death, too, is only frightening in that it would be a massive loss of potential time spent living.

Pain ain't shit. Fear kills.
>>
>>17897429
>paranormal
Fuck nothing. Fears are always creepy and this is the board for creepy shit. Paranormality is entirely optional here. It's spooks that matter.

I haven't had fear in a long time. Bears are my go-to fear for keeping my sense of fear alive, but I don't even remember the last time I met a bear in a dream. Strangely enough they never feel threatening, I just get spooked despite the vibe the dream bear gives off.
>>
My only real fear in life is losing my sanity. I've already become a gimp. Just don't take my mind from me.
>>
loneliness, or rather too much loneliness, i can distract myself for only so long, eventually the realization that i am contained within my body, no matter how much i talk to someone else or touch something in the physical realm, i can't shake the feeling that i am only within my body alone
>>
>>17897429
I'd say Immortality, but the truth is that I would hate, fear, loathe, regret, and ultimately be bent out of all possible shapes... if I was forever trapped in the very state that I am in right now. I want to change, to become fluid; to forget, to remember. To die, as I've spent my entire being knowing, knowing nothing else but morality and finite states of being. That's... a "right". A... "fact" of being for the autonomous, self-arranging materials that exist, here. To violate that...

If I live forever, I want to eventually become something else, as well. If I start out as a sown seed... I should want to become an entire network of trunks, with their own branches, spanning acres, resilient... always trying to face the sun. Or, to succumb to environmental hazards, and become "one" with the ground I attempted to take root in. Or...

Just something else.

I don't want to be trapped in this head, or this body, stuck with my limitations, my affect, and my limited capacitance, -forever- aware of the fact. That is actual hell. That is something you cannot conquer or become null to. You cannot conquer that- you cannot conquer your own state of mind with the very same state of mind... because there would never be any change.

Being dead, at least it would seem, cuts the aspect of "consciousness" and affect out.
>>
I would say heights but it's more of the fear of falling. When you fall, say skydiving, you have now control over the situation if your parachute fails.

And any situation where I can't move my limbs to a certain degree of movement. I rather die than be stuck for a period of time where I can't move anything, even though I could be saved in a hour or so. Even the feel of being in the backseat of a car where you can barely move your feet gives me some anxiety.
>>
>>17897429
Nice try, you gray headed fuck. Go find someone else to help you with your abduction experiment ideas.
>>
>>17897471
You fucking pussy
>>
I fear people mostly
>>
my one and only undeniable fear

spiders
>>
>>17898940
I on the other hand have a fear of my head being crushed by a huge vice. I visualize this a lot and imagine what it feels like because I'm mentally ill.
>>
>>17899122
>tfw i can't remember most of my childhood and adolescence
>>
>>17899122
This already fucking happens to me man. And has been happening for the longest fucking time.

Might just be repression due to years of nonstop anxiety but I still fucking hate it.
>>
I'm super paranoid about the world ending. I have a lot of dreams about the sun gradually filling up the sky until it consumes everything. When my shades are down and a cloud passes over the sun, I fear that it's a meteor descending into the sky.. Also black holes are absolutely fucking terrifying. They suck up entire stars the size of our solar system. We could be consumed any second and wouldnt even know it happened. It doesn't really affect me as much as it used to, because I've accepted that it will happen at some point, but some days are worse than others.
>>
>>17897429
I'm afraid of gray aliens, dolls with moving eyelids and being crippled in the legs.
>>
>>17900690
I have sleep apnea and it's terrifying. I have to wear a fighter mask thing to keep my breathing at night. Sucks man
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.