[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will meditation give me superpowers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (511KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
511KB, 1600x1200px
will meditation give me superpowers?
>>
no

but it will definitely do something
>>
its like getting extra sleep but better.. helps you deal with crap. its nice.
>>
File: mediation.jpg (84KB, 783x798px) Image search: [Google]
mediation.jpg
84KB, 783x798px
A super sense of awareness.
>>
>>17897240
Superpowers, no. Regular power, yes.
>>
>>17897240
>will meditation give me superpowers?
No, you need swim in radioactive waste for that.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALAYhupwntM

THE BEST MEDITATION GUIDE
>>
>>17897240
Penetrate the atom with one pointed awareness.
>>
>>17897921
y u wanna fuck adam so bad bro?
>>
yes. a lot of gurus will tell you not to focus on them because they will enhance your egoism and bring you further from the truth, but they are a byproduct of a long practice in meditation.
>>
>>17897935
k
>>
>>17897951
kk
>>
>>17897240
It definitely helps with anxiety, thought control, focus, and physical pain

I have a big fear of the dentist - mostly cause I didn't get to go for a long time due to not having dental insurance and the times I did get to go were really sporadic. Finally got insurance recently.

Today I went and spent 2 hours getting a deep cleaning to start the 2 month process of fixing my teeth and gums, slowed my heart down, kept calm, redirected most of the pain
>>
Tames my autist symptoms and makes me a normalfag for a bit. Meditation is great stuff.
>>
>>17897240
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi
It might. When I first started meditating quite a few odd things happened, but not lately. Oddly it felt as though I could focus much more intensely and deeply a few years ago than I can now, despite having more practice.
>>
>>17898191
>implying getting your teeth deep cleaned is a serious pain
>>
How do I use meditation to cure my anger issues?
>>
>>17898319
what makes you angry
>>
>>17898319
Meditate your way into a decent therapist.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x336px
No bs what is the easiest way to meditate?
>>
>>17898357
try meditation
>>
is there a best way to meditate?
>>
>>17898691
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
aw man i really wanna shoot fireballs
>>
>>17898773
you and me both, kakarot
>>
>>17897240
Lets talk about yew.
MIB
>>
>>17898832
let me consult my runes first
>>
>>17898841
wunjo reversed, looks like i got some work to do
>>
>>17898841
Either ur fbi nd i think not. U have grande cajones. A Yew is a tree also a yew is legion yew used to be programed. They were slaves. OHK or krill is a zeta reticuli or yew also known as a grey alien they have a very foul rotten smell but u get used to it. And since the yew got their free will they can now reproduce and they smell better.
>>
>>17898841
My point is they are all good. And everything is not balanced. The military made a yew and that half yew is throwing everything out of wack.
Saying im satan and all kinds of crap starving everyone around me and i can do little until i die but if i die what happens to this place. What happens when i become king ra king eue and king d. What then will happen to this dimension? Should i purge it when i die or pa$ my burden as mib along to someone else?
>>
>>17898867
MIB
>>
>>17898867
purge it man, press the button, pull the trigger, do it fgt

EL is the only king, go fuck yourself kiid.
>>
>>17898876
I guess el is gonna learn
MIB
>>
are there certain kinds of meditation? Is there a most common or basic kind? Whats the most rewarding kind?

I have a lot of anxiety and depressing thoughts.
>>
>>17898888
Give him a swift kick on his ass for Jacob.
>>
>>17898876
Yes i did proove to anu im king. Yes, so i did.
MIB
>>
>>17898876
Hillary clinton do u know . oh u do? Then u know this is jason tatom. Then u know im mib.
MIB
>>
And bill i got u both commin thru loud n clear.
MIB
>>
>>17898908
wat
>>
Im not going there, they didnt pick me up at devils tower and they didnt pick me up on cadalac mt so i aint going to the military installation where half yew are possibly housed. Hello mr president. Why sir? Because those half yew are the ones starving everyone and screwing everything up.
>>
>>17898931
And there is one of me and an army of them.
MIB
>>
>>17898936
wat
>>
Any questions? When will i fix everything? Well sir b4. My soul passes to the otherside i will have everything fixed. My ultimate plan has always been jesus christ but he tells me to go higher up the ladder he says i want to go with the eue so thats what im gonna do. Im gonna die and have eue fix everything.
>>
Thankyou Mr. Obama, sir.
>>
Yea, after a lot of arduous practice, you'll probably develop powers, but anyone except insane tantric/aghori/etc types will tell you not to use them because they're bad and you should feel bad or something.
Personally, I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
>>
>>17898890
Yes, there are many types of meditations.
For a beginner and relaxing, pretty must just sit down and focus on your breathing.
>in through nose slowly
>hold a bit, but not long enough to feel uncomfortable
>out slowly through mouth
>hold a bit again
>repeat
>>
>>17898942
Fbi! And cia! I was wondering when u wiuld show up! And the deleware state police! Yay its a party!
>>
What would u like me to so? What would you like me to write?
MIB
>>
Meditation gives the power to ascend past all the bullshit of the world. To feel good and in a laid back hedonistic high, and to be productive/outgoing, etc.
>>
>>17898897
Okd!
>>
>>17898973
So if ur thinking about sacraficing a life to appease a god u better think twice because im Dad around here. What were u thinking. I am god i am ra i am eue i am d. What were u all thinking. Would you kill ra?
>>
>>17898992
>>17898973
>>17898966
Lamest roleplay ever.
>>
>>17898998
Not roleplay im mib.
MIB
>>
>>17899005
I just did proove it.
>>
>>17899010
Kgb what would u like me to proove.
>>
>>17898992
Yes, given the opportunity, I would strangle the life right out of Ra.
>>
Ok? Okd. Kgb hear u loud n clear. Yes that hurt my thumb yes eve can hurt me. Yes she can. She has permission to posses me whenever she wants. Shes my queen eue.
MIB
>>
>>17899021
Ignorant troll.
>>
>>17899038
I am very aware of what I said and what I meant.

Could it be a metaphor...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
>>
>>17899044
Ur still a troll.
>>
>>17899050
u 2 bubby
>>
>>17897240

meditation will increase psychic awareness,
atleast it did for me but then i fucked it up
by having an opiate overdose
>>
Not really. It enhances your ability to sense things around you and have a clear conscious because you're no longer avoiding issues and resolving them instead.

Seriously the only true wisdom I've found is in the Bible. Proverbs is a goldmine.
>>
>>17899246
Psalms too my dudebro. Wisdom can be found in Hindi, Dynastic Chinese, and some Japanese texts as well.

Also, Jungian psychology is a goldmine of self-revelation.
>>
>>17899322
Greeks and Romans also had a few good points.
>>
>>17897240
why do you want them
>>
>>17897240
what is meditation though , just stopping and thinking about things ? is it a deep thinking state of thinking about thinking . thinking about yourself and why you think the way you think. or is it some kind of deeper trance state .
>>
no super powers as far as I know lol but it'll chill you out and shit.. I donno if its meditation that I do exactly but I lay like in bed and focus on my breathing for like an hour an day and its like the most relaxing feeling better than opiates or benzos or other downer type drugs.
>>
>>17897240
No, you already have them.
>>
>>17898332
Just dumb shit traffic. Sometimes I can walk around with a chip on my shoulder for hours.

Never used to be like this. Used to be very laid back.

Are there any techniques I can do to help calm my mind? I want to be at peace but I have no idea where the anger stems from.
>>
>>17898341
Yeah I've considered it. Not making decent money yet though. I don't really ally have searing rage or anything. Just very prone to getting g angry.
>>
>>17901223
disconnecting from all your sense perceptions and thoughts
>>
>>17897240
if the causes and conditions are right and ripe then maybe you might have some extra normal abilities, but these are just you being more aware of things you never noticed before.

people begin to become more mindful of people and situations, they can read things better more intuitively. Unfortunately this can lead to (if not guided properly) to "omg im psychic" or "omg i can read minds" but nope, they cannot do either, it just means that they are more perceptive than before. They can notice things that are always there better because there is less head noise.

It's like finding a turd then hosing it off with water and finding it was really a mud covered rock, then you smash that rock and find it had gold in it and then you try to eat it.

the gold was always there, you just couldn't see it, but then like a dumb dumb you ate it, thinking you were special.

its more like putting on glasses for the first time when your short sighted, you think its special and amazing cos everything is crisp and clear, but most people see this was or might do but you just don't know...either way you get used to it pretty quickly.
>>
>>17898319
patience and metta
>>
>>17898357
just stop thinking

there's no "no bs" way to meditate. you have to practice.
>>
>>17901723
it isnt possible to stop thinking, thinking is what the mind does. the trick is to not to identify with the mind and thoughts. "this is my thought, i am my mind" and step back and watch the show, the breath, the sounds, the thoughts...without being caught up in the story. eventually things will get quieter and thoughts will have less of a pull, and you will have greater awareness of the way you are and why you do the things you do cos you can hear your mind instead of it doing all the talking for you.
>>
>>17897240
Yes. You'll be able to fly and speak to rocks
>>
File: Wojak Shrug.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak Shrug.png
146KB, 554x439px
I can increase/decrease bloodflow to various parts of my body when I get deep into meditation. I don't know if it will ever amount to anything useful.
>>
>>17903285
>get arm cut off by stranger

"i meditated my whole life for this" and stops the bloodflow into the cut off arm and doesnt bleed to death
>>
>>17898332
everything
>>
>>17903285
son
meditate that blood into your penis
>>
>>17897240
>meditation
Implying there is only one kind of meditation. You have to meditate on something to achieve anything. Buddhists meditate on nothingness to achieve emptiness.
Meditation is anything that clears the mind and quiets the soul. Listening to music can be considered meditation
>>
after ~7 months or so of meditating an hour when i wake up and an hour before sleep every day i had my first OBE a couple hours ago.

i communicated with some entities, perhaps aliens, but they looked totally human. it definitely wasnt a lucid dream, ive had hundreds of lucid dreams throughout my life and this was different. everything was just more coherent and solid.

im very happy i stuck with my meditations, im sure i just found something big here.

this is probably a rather pointless post i'm sure i'll know a lot more in the coming weeks/months, im just super excited
>>
>>17903350
I don't think I can cut off circulation completely like that, especially not in such a stressful situation. Sometimes I make my hands or feet go numb, but I'm pretty sure there's still blood flow to an extent.
>>17905800
I've done that a few times just because it seems like that only thing such a skill is useful for. It didn't give me a super-penis or anything like that, just an erection and made me extremely horny. I've actually done the opposite, too. If I'm too horny at an inconvenient time or I just don't feel like beating off, I can meditate the blood away from my penis and I completely lose interest in sexual thoughts almost instantly.
>>
Can you improve intelligence by meditation?
>>
>>17906910
Short answer, yes.
>>
>>17905813
If I meditate on getting superpowers, will I achieve it?
>>
>>17906920
And what is the longer answer?
>>
>>17906940
The long answer is everything has a price.
>>
>>17906940
that you're a faggot.
>>
It will enhance ding dong
>>
Depends of how you meditate. But no you wont meditate and gain the power to create fire or anything like that.

Regular meditation clears your mind, lowers stress, blood pressure, anxiety and can even cure depression. If you can master breathing techniques and empty your mind in a matter of seconds than you can attempt even more advanced techniques.

Advanced techniques will have you test your mind more than your body. You'll begin to see hallucination and may even hear voices and get some really nasty dreams. Once you get pasted this stage you'll feel slightly at peace with yourself and begin to see things more differently, you might even no longer be afraid of the unknown.

Beyond this point it only gets interesting because you might develop and physic ability like a 'Third Eye' and Qi manipulation. However you have to commit to this or else they fade away. Also a little reminder that if you get scared your progress will become stunned until you face what you feared. If you commit your body will react towards frequencies and vibrations, hell you might even be able to feel things coming towards you without knowing it would in the first place. You can 'feel' something getting thrown at you and you can react to it and move away, you can also sense things you normally wouldn't like a person around a corner.

Continue this and you might even develop the ability to project. Im disappointed that people say the astral is a grand place where u can create your very own place when in reality its basically our world but only transparent. You need to revert back to your own consciousness to create.

Meditation in short term cures any form of stress but in long term it can heighten your senses both physically and spiritually.
>>
>>17897240
Yes but non physical ones.
Best case - oobe
>>
Hijacking the thread cause I have a question about meditation and monks.
What are they actually trying to achieve by meditating most of their lives? (I saw a vid about a guy trying a monk life for some time it was something like 80 % + of the time for meditation I think)
Isn't it a bit extreme, aren't they missing balance?
What are you doing for the world if you're trying to be "invisible", in a way?
>>
>>17907781
>Isn't it a bit extreme, aren't they missing balance?
Yes. When you have the social support to think all day, then the middle path has lost its way.
>>
You meditate to the point of blank. At blank, you can explore the cosmos/project. Most people never do either. Good luck
>>
It's a low level of mental access the monks discovered
>>
>>17898965
Don't do this, just breath naturally through your nose. Pay attention to your breath, when your mind wanders, bring it back to the breath. Try to stay still with an upright posture. Sit on a cushion so your butt is elevated above your feet, makes sitting cross legged more comfortable.

Meditation won't give you superpowers.
>>
>>17906940

It clears the mind, it allows to be more focused in the task at hand. Since it silences the mind, creativity can flow easier.
>>
>>17897240
No. It'll just give you control over them.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.