[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: untitled.png (852KB, 970x524px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
852KB, 970x524px
What sleep paralysis stories have you guys got? I experience it quite regularly, but never really had any creepy experiences.

Interested to hear what everyone else has experienced.
>>
had some last night. falling asleep after meditating and i hit the vibrations stage before obe exit, never felt something quite like this before. the vibrations were like physically being in a paint mixer machine, insanely powerful.

anyhow i felt the presence of someone else who was talking and things got sexual and kinda freaky so i panicked. couldn't get out of sleep paralysis, called out to jesus to help me, demonic voice said "god is on my side now" and i broke out.

don't really think it was a demon, was certainly just a reaction to my panicking. super hyped, been meditating for 1-2 hours every day for like 7 months, first sign of real progress.
>>
Heard a child-like robotic voice chanting "Anon has a baby" over and over again one time pretty spoopy. I think similar things have happened before, but I've forgotten what they said. Probably just minor hallucinations from me being extremely tired though.
>>
A few months ago, I was sleeping in my twin bed and I woke up in the middle of the night facing my closet door and in the corner of my eye I saw a glowing orb, I tried to move was I could not, for a second I was scared and with all my might I managed to roll over to my side now looking at my nightstand, I could see my alarm clocks LCD screen and it said it was 3 am then I got tired and closed my eyes and fell back asleep. I woke up in the same position, with my alarm clock ringing at 6. I didn't feel any pain after, nor there any strange marks on my body. But that expensive was indeed... memorable
>>
Had it this morning. I woke up, then went to sleep again and then ended up in the between sleep and wake area. Most of those dreams are me trying to wake up, or getting up but knowing I'm in a dream. I wouldn't be able to move, but I can communicate softly in a whisper.

Personally I like the dreams I have. It's always weird, either takes place in a variation of my bedroom or unknown area and it's people I know either trying to help me or tell me I'm awake.
>>
>>17896842
>wake up one night
>sleep paralysis
>can't move
>getting anxiety
>feel that I can turn my head though
>look over to my right
>see nothing
>look forward to my open door
>nothing
>look left through my window
>nothing
>wait
>look back and right under my window I see a bleeding darkness
>its like black and dark red oil
>the light from my window is illuminating the dust particles between me and this figure
>its a very sobering image
>turn to my left and close my eyes
>for whatever reason my head is forced back to the left
>forced to stare and this black and red humanoid blob
>its like its holding me there and wants me to see something
>do my night terror trick of biting the inside of my cheek
>wake up
>gun in the fuck out of there

My grandma had considered suicide strongly in the room I sleep in, and the owners previous to her had died in the house but I don't know if it was the same room.

I wonder if there is any relation. I had another sleep paralysis dream where i saw a like 3 feet long, like 40 pound lizard thing on my wall, shit was spooks.

>captcha is the last 4 digits of my other grandma's phone number
Huh
>>
>>17897157
>its a very sobering image
>turn to my right*
>>
>>17897157
>open door while sleeping
>no shades on window

thats some bad feng shui senpai
>>
>>17897186
X plain
>>
>>17896842
I dozed off in class once, woke up and just couldn't move. Shit was absolutely terrifying. Feeling trapped, trying so hard to move but being unable to.
Thank God I heard about sleep paralysis before hand otherwise I might have tried to scream and either sound would have came out (and people stare at me), or I'd be muted and up even more scarred.

At least I think thats what happened. Its been so many years that I'm not sure.
>>
>>17897272
Date rape drug
>>
>>17896868
Man you shouldn't meditate for more than 20 minutes if you are doing it without help on your own wtf
>>
>>17897406
i cant imagine why you would say something like that

>>17897222

>According to feng shui principle, leaving your bedroom door open when you sleep allows positive chi to flow out, and opens up your space to negative energy. Sleeping with the door shut promotes feelings of safety and security, bringing you calm and peace of mind.

>Likewise, Sandifer advises closing all closet doors, as well as desk and dresser drawers, which, if left open, can trap positive energy.
>>
i got it a couple months ago. right before i fell asleep i heard someone singing in the hallway, which is weird because i live alone. i went to turn over to hear it better, but i couldn't move. i started to panic and i couldn't breathe. after about 5 minutes of this something was looming over me. i couldn't see it because i was facing away, but i could feel that it was there. it was breathing on my face, and i could feel its hands on my back. i layed there, horrified, staring at my wall, desperately trying to move my fingers or toes for what felt like an hour before it was over.
>>
Experienced this shit for the first time a week or two ago. Woke up and started freaking out a little. I spent what felt like hours trying to move and I think I raised my arm up about 6 inches. Eventually I think my cat jumped on me and I bolted upright. The whole things kinda fuzzy. The fucked up part was the dream I had though. All I remember is looking at the ceiling while floating hands kept touching my face and chest. For some reason they had 6 fingers and were black and purple.

Skeep paralysis is some freaky shit man.
>>
>>17898166
Skeep skeep skeep
>>
Happened to me a couple months ago
>Early morning, wake up but not really
>A minute or so passes and now I'm completly awake
>Fully aware but cant open my eyes
>I know Im at my girlfriends place and shes laying next to me still asleep
>I cant move and I kinda freak out a bit
>I feel like Im not alone in the room
>I feel stuck in my own body like Im in it but 100% powerless
>Hear this laughter coming from the end of the bed
>Not just any laughter its a man laughing like a maniac like he knows wtf is happening to me and he just wont stop.
>Starting to have a fucking panic attack and freaking out like never before just trying to move
>Finally I wake up and theres no one
>Everything is fine I dont have any mark on my body or wtv other bullshit
>It was fucking insane tho

I really wanted to experience it in the weeks before it happened but I never meditated or did any kind of bullshit like that to provoke it, I was simply really curious since I had heard so much stuff about it and after what happened I hope that it will never happen to me EVER again cause fuck that shit.
>>
File: goblin sleep paralysis.jpg (762KB, 1000x947px) Image search: [Google]
goblin sleep paralysis.jpg
762KB, 1000x947px
I've only hallucinated during a sleep paralysis once:

>wake up in the middle of the night, lying on one side
>can't move
>head is covered by bed sheets, but somehow I can see what's in front of me
>everything is cinder grey and has a static-like texture
>a little goblin-looking thing (pic related) is floating a few inches away from my face
>motherfucker has the most sardonic smile I've ever seen
>to the left, there's a gagged girl
>she has a rather calm expression
>I'm not really shocked by any of this, and I fall asleep a couple of minutes later

Several months ago I had a similar experience, but during a dream:

>be at home, back from college
>feel exhausted, so I decide to get some rest after lunch
>lie down on my bed and fall asleep
>open my eyes; I'm lying on my sofa now, downstairs
>TV is on
>suddenly, everything gets dark
>somehow, due to some 'sense' that isn't sight, I can still perceive the TV
>there's white noise on the screen
>an incredibly powerful vibration is coming from it
>it's like a sound, but unlike any sound I've ever heard
>I can't look away from the screen, as I lie there, overwhelmed and filled with dread
>I realize I can't move; I'm having a sleep paralysis
>I'm feeling a little bit spooped, but I'm also fascinated by the experience
>then I remember the stories about shadowy figures and screeching sounds so commonly associated with SP, and I decide to end it now
>I try to move my arms with all my strength, but it's all in vain
>finally, I manage to turn around, and I wake up on my bed
>>
I get sleep paralysis quite often. This one happened the other day.

>be me
>fall asleep next to girlfriend as soon as my head hits the pillow
>start to feel weird and open my eyes
>shadow woman standing in the doorway staring at me
>try every trick in the book to wake up or shout to my partner to wake my body up for what felt like hours
>eventually yell myself awake
>girlfriend says I was only asleep for 5 minutes and was making weird noises the whole time

Happens all the time to me. Sometimes I hear demonic voices talking to me etc and can't tell if I'm awake or not. Often I resort to the lords prayer (not a Christian) and mostly it works except once when I heard laughter while reciting it.
>>
File: 1464011221454.jpg (23KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1464011221454.jpg
23KB, 300x420px
>>17896842
used to get it every now and then, when i drank booze more excessively. one night, home alone. kicked gf out a few weeks before and was sleeping on the floor in one of the empty rooms in the house on a blanket for novelty.

about 3am wake up, everything pitch black, something felt wrong. from down the hallway hear the front door knob turning like someone is trying to force it open. start to panic, want to get up to find a weapon because i think im about to get a home invasion (had been happening in the area a lot). can't move at all but im awake, completely freaking out. lying on my stomach paralyzed, start hearing footsteps coming towards my room, theyre moving faster and faster, pounding on the floor.

cant even roll over, just lying there useless ready to get gutted like a fish. feel a presence in the room, like eerie and dark type vibes. have vision in my head of an angry old lady for some reason, like a decrepit vengeful spirit. it starts to hover over me and i for sure thought i was about to die. just then, feel these claws or fingernails rake over my back from neck to waist. instantly my body is awake, i jump up and turn the light on. nobody there. scared and angry, i go down the hallway and check the door. it was locked the whole time.
>>
>>17899357
have tried to yell myself awake before
>>
>>17899444
Generally when I do it all I can manage are exasperated breaths
>>
>Be Me
>Wake up around 4-5am
>Lay in bed, don't open eyes
>Feel like someone is in the room
>Try to open eyes, but get paralyzed
>Get anxious, can only move tongue
>Hear footsteps besides the bed
>Suddenly feel a touch on My Side through the planket
>Almost shat My self
>Goes on for about 20 seconds, until I hear some sort of a sucking sound
>Don't Be paralyzed and stand the fuck up
I was so sure for a long time that I got abducted by Aliens, but now I think it's Just a sleep paralysis

Still spoops Me today
>>
I occasionally have these dreams I call "tickle dreams". Shit is scary af
>>
File: meh.ro10119-455x606.jpg (56KB, 455x606px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10119-455x606.jpg
56KB, 455x606px
>>17896842

I have by average few per month max. Most of the time it is nothing, just paralysis and few moments later I can easily move if I choose.

But there are times when there is a energetic presence in the room moving around. The entity that comes closer is by its actions curious most of the time.

They (in my case) prefer to be hidden, always crawling from behind if I sleep on the side. There were few communication occasions that I was able to hear clearly.

In most cases they are a "black void" by having presenting themselves in various shapes.
>>
wake up
can't move

black panther sneaking in my room
jumps on my bed and I really freak out but I can't move or do anything

somehow not realize I'm dreaming. Panther starts petting my arm and I am suddenly relieved it isn't harmful since I can't move.

then it slowly bites my arm and first it looked playfully but then it really started to use power and i suddenly snapped out of the paralysis and started gouging its eyes. To which it jumped off and dissapeared.

I instantly got up and looking into a nearby mirror (has a light) and looking at my arm I barely see any damage just some mild scratches

thats when I woke up in my bed and I realised I was dreaming about myself sleeping

weirdest and most vivid dream I've had in a long long time. I never even remember my dreams but this one stood out. Prob because I've never had sleep paralysis before
>>
I seem to have phases of having no SP for several months, and then having several instances of SP in a single month.

One of the more vivid instances happened relatively recently (~2 months ago) when it felt like I managed to put my hands together, and then, for just a second, I felt a third hand over mine, then I was fully awake.

I think in the most recent one I was in a position where I could see my arm, and I felt like I was lifting it, but I could see it was just staying there. Fuck that feels weird.

Also, as terrorizing as SP feels, whenever it's over, all the fear just seems to go away instantly. Is anyone else like that? Maybe it's cause I'm a skeptic and I know it's just my brain doing weird shit.
>>
>>17896842
I used to have constant sleep paralysis of a silhouette of a young boy that seemed to have glasses and he had flipped hair and one lazy eye he would just sit there and stare at me as his eyes slowly rolled back.
>>
File: ancinet.png (651KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ancinet.png
651KB, 664x1000px
>>17896842
>be me
>sleeping at night
>suddenly wake up but can't move
>had read of sleep paralysis before on the internet
>see the air fiddle with the balcony's curtains so turn my gaze towards it
>a little girl the size of a stool is standing in front of the door like 4 feet away from me
>I can't make out its face because it's way too dark but it seems like its smiling
>it's wearing a short, formal dress that looks kinda old fashioned
>"fuck, it must be that Moira bitch I read about on /x/ in child form or some shit, I should go back to sleep it's just my mind playing tricks on me" think to myself
>still can't move my body
>manage to close my eyelids and force myself back to sleep
>next morning my mom wakes me up crying
>she tells me that there's something she needs to share with me
>tells me that exactly 10 years earlier she had an abortion and she regrets "killing my sister"
>she's brought a cake and she wants us to eat it to honor her memory

Could that little girl I saw that night have been her /x/?
>>
I only had SP once in my life, the one that i remember anyway

some black figure floated around my room for some time, let out some weird noises and then it was gone

How do you cause SP anyway? The only time i had it was when i fell asleep on my back, i do that pretty rarely since it's not comfortable enough for me
>>
>>17901324
Similar story

>wake up
>oh shit nigga, sleep paralysis adventure
>little girl in white at the foot of my bed
>she's slowly creeping closers
>crawling like a fucking spider
>I'm tensed up, breathing heavy
>every muscle in my body is flexing
>wife walks in because she hears me basically howling in my sleep
>just in time to see me unleash a full body haymaker into my spoopy foe
>punch myself in the leg harder than I've ever hit anything in my life
>reel in pain and scream like a retard

I have tons of similar stories. I pretty much respond to any Fight or Flight situation like Ghost Puncher, it's pretty inconvenient.
>>
>>17896868
Seven months? Jeeze it only took me four
>>
I'm a Paramedic and sometimes I'll sleep in the ambulance when I'm at post and there's no 911 calls. I have sleep paralysis every time I fall asleep in an ambulance, and I've never had it anywhere else. I know it's not because I'm semi-alert for my radio/tones going off because I don't have sleep paralysis when I sleep at station.

Anyways it's usually the exact same. I hear my tones go off and dispatch tell me priority 1 for something somewhere. I can't move, talk or breath and I feel like my heart is pounding. Sometimes I'll hear my partner talking to me, not always. It always freaks me out and I wake up really panicked shortly after.
>>
>>17901618
The last time I had it I dreamt my ambulance caught fire though and I couldn't get out. My arm caught fire and I was trying to scream but couldn't move or talk. Woke up to find a nerve in my arm was pinched and had hot nerve pain from elbow down, lol.
>>
I've only experienced SP twice, but both were the most terrified I've ever been. The first time i was sleeping in the same room as a friend and i woke up laying on my back and couldn't move, but standing at my feet (i was on the floor) was a girl in a white dress with long hair. I didn't at the time feel any malevolence from her, it was just scary not being able to move. It was my friends house and hes reported seeing her around and shes been harmless. The second was much more terrifying. I was in my own home and bed when I woke on my back again and the covers were over my face but i could hear a female voice whispering threats in my ear, this time it was much longer before i gained control and even then i was too afraid to move.
>>
>>17901618
Has anyone ever died in your ambulance? If yes then that's probably the source.
>>
Most of my sleep paralysis episodes have been fairly uneventful. They've all come with that sense of awful dread, but since I've known exactly what it is after the first time, I've mostly been able to snap out of it pretty quickly by taking deep breaths and moving my fingers and toes first. However a few have been extra spoopy.

>My first incidence of sleep paralysis
>wake up unable to move, hardly able to breathe
>I immediately became convinced that my bedroom is being pumped full of poison gas
>work myself up into a panic
>suddenly I am able to breathe and move
>I get out of my bed and out of my room
>realize that I've experienced sleep paralysis, since I've heard of it before

It was nearly two years until it happened to me again, and these were the uneventful times. I have a vague recollection of seeing a dark humanoid figure between my bed and the door to my bedroom during this time. In the image I have of this he was tall and wearing a wide-brimmed hat. This particular memory is entirely without context, so I am not sure if it's something I have inadvertently imagined.

My most recent experience with sleep paralysis has been perhaps the most harrowing. This occurred shortly after a really unfortunate situation where I was walking my dog, and he got riled up by a passing golf cart (he can't stand golf carts for some reason). He pulled himself out of his collar and chased after it, then bit the girl driving it on the thigh. He's a really strong dog, but it was not a really vicious bite. He left two little pinpricks on her leg. Needless to say this distressed my family and me a great deal. This was maybe two or three weeks after this:

(1/2)
>>
>>17901667
>wake up in a state of sleep paralysis
>I am sort of on my side and on my stomach with my leg hiked up
>I think that my dog is in the bed with me, and I am laying on top of him
>since I am unable to move, I think I am crushing him, slowly sinking more and more into a prone posture, therefore further suffocating him
>he begins to snarl
>I frantically try to will myself into motion but fail
>I feel his head stretch upward toward my neck, still growling
>at the moment this canine spectre goes to bite my throat, I snap out of it
>I realize immediately, of course, that my dog does not sleep in my bed
>my dog is sound asleep in his bed
>I am nevertheless shaken

Just recounting these experiences has me spooked. I have grown rather fearful of sleep paralysis, yet I remind myself, as I remind you all in this thread, that the sort of entities which cause sleep paralysis go no further than harming us by instilling fear. We are only vulnerable to them if we make ourselves so. The Power of the Human Soul and Spirit outclasses their dark meddling entirely.
>>
>>17901641
>Has anyone ever died in your ambulance?
Are you serious?

I'm not always in the same truck when it happens but yes people die in ambulances, more frequently than anywhere other than ER. On paper no one dies in an ambulance because the ambulance would be a crime scene until the ME comes out. Can't put an ALS unit out of service for that long, got lives to save and drunks to drive to the hospital.
>>
>>17901667
>>17901679
Oh man, I was afraid after recounting these experiences that I'd get sleep paralysis again. I was right. It's been many months since the last time.

I woke up around 6 AM, but I have nothing going on today so I stayed in bed. For about an hour and a half I got caught up in a thoughtform of resentment, as I am unfortunately prone to do. It eventually exhausted me and died died down. This next part was strange. I haven't experienced it exactly before. I heard a crystal clear voice say my name one time.

>anon...

I open my eyes and look around, but hear and see nothing. So I try to go back to sleep. Before long I realize I am in sleep paralysis (fucking hell), then I hear again the voice, again crystal clear.

>Open your eyes.

My initial thought is "No!", and I struggle to break free of the paralysis. It took me probably five minutes, which is abnormally long for me. I could move my hands and feet a little bit, but no more. I was able to breathe consciously and deeply. After a few minutes, I hear the voice singing, but this time it is not as clear. I began to groan audibly to try and drown out the sound. It more or less worked, but I think I was able to make out a single word:

>poison

I snap out of it in an exaggerated full body motion. I get up and realize it's still very early, nowhere near as late as I thought it was. I stay up.

I got the marked impression afterward that, even though I reacted to this voice with fear, that it was a benevolent voice. I'm thinking it was probably my anima. Perhaps she was telling me to rid myself of poisons and toxins. Cigarettes, processed foods, and alcohol. This seems likely since I was doing so quite successfully for over a week, but have been in a short "relapse."

I'll begin my cleanse again in the morning and add more to my spiritual practice. I hope to hear this voice again.
>>
>>17896842
I've experienced it many times. In the last 15 or so years I've learnt to astrally project out of body from that state. Sadly it doesn't happen as often as it used to.

Protip: instead of struggling/being afraid, relax and remember your non-corporeal form is eternal and indestructible. And just float away.
>>
How to induce sleep paralysis?
>>
>>17903185
I've done it by when I wake up from sleep, stay awake mentally and don't move any muscles.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.