[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occult ring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1468007343553-481642511.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1468007343553-481642511.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Found this, along with other occult-ish jewelry in my grandmas old stuff, anyone able to ID what this opo is? Notice the lines in the circles, what about this? I googled opo and found nothing
>>
Yo
>>
I don't know nothing about this ring,
but maybe that's not written in a Latin alphabet.
>>
Bumpidy bump
>>
I will assume this is some ultra secret illuminati shit until I hear an explanation
>>
>>17896531
Are you sure it isn't odo?
>>
>>17896607
Yep
>>
File: greek.png (36KB, 626x414px) Image search: [Google]
greek.png
36KB, 626x414px
Perhaps it is Greek. If that is the case it may be a sorority or something. Theta Rho Phi is by best guess.
>>
>>17896531
My guess: sorority stuff.
>>
>>17896531
it might be a college thing and the O's are for theta. omicron in greek is just a O. so thats would be like theta roe theta. if she didnt go to college maybe some guy she sucked off did
>>
Nigga she didn't even go to school let alone college she grew up in the depression and didn't get properly educated till ww2
>>
>>17896621
http://www.math.uri.edu/~bkaskosz/flashmo/tools/sphcoords/

First thing that came up on a quick google search.

I'll be honest, it's all Greek to me. :)
>>
>>17896656
According to this site: http://math.oregonstate.edu/home/programs/undergrad/CalculusQuestStudyGuides/vcalc/coord/coord.html

>Spherical Coordinates

>The coordinates used in spherical coordinates are rho, theta, and phi. Rho is the distance from the origin to the point. Theta is the same as the angle used in polar coordinates. Phi is the angle between the z-axis and the line connecting the origin and the point.
>>
>>17896661
Can I get the for dummies version of thst?
>>
>>17896531
Oh my god. It means gold in latin. It's not occultic.
>>
>>17896688
I am no mathematician, but it seems that the values of rho, theta, and phi are used to map spherical coordinates on a three-dimensional plane.
>>
>>17896688
for coordinates on a plane it's (x, y) right? basically the same thing, but for spheres, I guess.
>>
>>17896693

Gold in latin is aurum you dipshit
>>
Count Odo's jewelery.
>>
>>17896661
Upon further contemplation of the meaning of this symbol, it could be the mathematical equivalent of the literary phrase: "Wherever you go, there you are."
>>
>>17896989
Having given the matter a bit more thought, the message could be more succinctly put as: "Here I am."
>>
>>17896693
Nah gold in Latin is aurium and the Latin alphabet is the same as ours, how dumb are you?
>>
>>17897365
>tfw you're both wrong
it's "χρυσός" (chrysós)
>>
>>17896531
I wouldn't worry, does not seem that important really. I am willing to purchase it at a bit above market gold scrap value and pay for the shipping. Respond for an email address.
>>
OP: Any chance you could show some of the other pieces?

>>17898611
Also, not OP. As a jeweler, I'd be willing to cast such an object at a bit above market for gold scrap. What is "a bit" to you?
>>
>>17896621
>Perhaps it is Greek.
That was my first thought looking at it.
>>17896625
>My guess: sorority stuff.
And that was my second thought, a fraternity or (more likely since it's OP's grandmother) a sorority.

Can't find it on Google though.
>>
>>17896531

The frames for my glasses has "design by OPO" written on them. May just be a brand.
>>
>>17897371
That is not Latin and chrysos is a Greek word are a tool
>>
>>17896531
your grandma was a Star Trek Deep Space Nine fan
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.