[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreams? Melatonin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (957KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
957KB, 500x689px
I've been so interested in my dreams for the last couple years.
Taking melatonin seems to make them more vivid. Or maybe more frequent, since I usually can remember a good portion of my dreams anyway.
But, it doesn't make me tired anymore. Gives me a strange kind of headache that usually comes in sharp pulses. Really small, pretty easy to ignore.
I've also read that your brain produces a very small amount when you sleep, much MUCH less than the 5mg in each pill. The night before last I took 20mg and was having a dream where I just held my head and was groaning loudly in pain. Woke up actually holding my head. I take extra hoping that it can put me into a deeper sleep, possibly putting me in a state where I can be spoken to/shown something of value..
>>
melotonin initiates the desire for sleep, it doesn't do shit for you while you sleep.
if you want to have vivid and/or memorable dreams, just use B12 supplements.
I would strongly advice against using melatonin for extended periods of time when you have no problem falling asleep on your own, and especially at the concentrations you are taking in. people who i know have actual severe melatonin deficiencies take up to 10 mg, 20 mg is just too fucking much for anything.
>>
>>17892659
on that account, how are you getting 5 mg pills. in most countries, you need a doctor's notice for anything above 3 mg
>>
>>17892659
Holy shit. I just so happen to have a bottle of B12 that I've nearly forgotten about. And I've noticed the melatonin makes me impatient as fuck. Not really tired though...but I guess I'm just reading my feelings wrong. Nothing new...
Hm. I really thought it affected my dreams though. I'll just see what the B12 does.
Thanks human!
You've gained karma.
>>
>>17892663
>buy 1mg pills
>take 5
>>
>>17892663
I just get them from Dollar General...I would post a picture of the bottle but my phone is being a cunt.
>>
File: WP_20160707_006[1].jpg (2MB, 2000x3552px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160707_006[1].jpg
2MB, 2000x3552px
>>17892663
>>17892673
Hopefully this is the right picture.
>shitty phone and laptop are shitty
>>
>>17892670
do take care that you don't overdo that like you did with melatonin. the recommended amount is exactly that: your body isn't able to use more than that +/- 10/20%. if your supplements are only b12, it's likely some ridiculous amount (1000%), and you should cut them up to dilute them. the more you exceed the recommended amount, the more your spleen will have to work to filter it out, causing unnecessary workload. the body also filters vitamins out pretty quickly, so you would only need to take it just before you sleep.
>>17892673
read OP's post again, you dumbfuck
>much MUCH less than the 5mg in each pill
>5mg in each pill.
>>
>>17892692
Will do.
Also, any thoughts on Magnesium?
I read it helps with literally everything...used to take it every morning, didn't really notice a difference...
>>
>>17892709
you just need to take magnesium supplements if you are not eating properly. only if magnesium concentrations fall below a certain point will you notice any effects, so it won't have much of an effect to have a surplus of it, as the body just filters that out. just eat like a decent human being and you won't need that.
also, the effect of b12 and similar supplements will decrease over time as your body gets used to the increased influx. if you begin noticing that, don't take more, but undergo a cool down period of a few weeks to get your body back to normal.

one last advice: supplements aren't a long term solution if you want to explore your dreams. it helps you, but what you need to do it train your mind to remain partially conscious in sleep. there are quite a few techniques you can use on the net, like writing your dreams down to increase the amount you will remember in the future, having visual checks you do throughout the day to differentiate awake from sleep ( much like having a totem in the movie Inception), etc.
>>
>>17892663

What the fuck do you need more than 5mg for? Taking more does literally nothing. Taking more than even 1mg does fucking nothing
>>
>>17892673

Underated post.
>>
>>17892762
i think you've replied to the wrong post, anon.
but what you say isn't necessarily true. if you have an actual deficiency, the dosages can be between 5 to 10 mg. this is from someone who's friend has a big deficiency problem related to some genetic illness.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.