[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate and destiny, destiny and fate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: fate-and-destiny.jpg (72KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
fate-and-destiny.jpg
72KB, 800x462px
I have one marshmallow in each hand, one symbolizes fate, the other destiny. "What is the difference?" you ask. Destiny is the will of your soul if the will was totally and fully free to fulfill its chosen destiny, fate is the will of the universe. These are not the same!

I let the marshmallow of fate squeeze my hand and OUCH! it makes me clench my hand around the marshmallow of my destiny. Moral of the story: equal and opposite reactions. Signed, Isaac Newton.

You must nurture your destiny, strive to manifest and summon it, or you will meet your fate. You will be like a rock or other inanimate object completely subject to forces around it. Dust in the wind.

So, I say, you must focus your will on your destiny. To do this requires finding it. Who are you? What makes you YOU? Do you know? Really? Tell me right now, and tell yourself.
>>
>>17892157
What if my soul's will is to follow the will of the universe though? Is that a paradox?
>>
Also taking questions if you want wisdom that I have carefully picked from the dirt like precious fallen grains of rice.
>>
you are too whimsical to be useful
>>
>>17892161
Your ultimate fate will be death, like everyone else, it is only a matter of time and place.

It isn't a paradox, it is the will to become a root vegetable.
>>
>>17892167
Within your statement is a question that is given by an implied assumption: that whimsy, or playfulness is uselessness.

If you don't learn to play, and take play seriously, you will be played.
>>
So... This is a drug thread then...
>>
When you talk about will vs fate, how can you measure which is the determining factor without premonition. If your premonition matches your fate, it was a true precognition, but it means that your will had no effect on your fate. If your premonition was false, it either means that you changed your fate with your will or that your premonition was false. Therefor there's no way to tell if your will has any bearing on fate, no?
>>
>>17892244
It isn't and I don't use recreational drugs.

>>17892295
Trial and error. If I drop a glass from several feet high onto a ceramic floor, it will shatter. What happens to it after I release it is fate. It was my will to release it.

Precognition is an inappropriate extension of our ability to predict events based on passed experience. In thinking that you know the future in ways you can't actually know, you are damned by that folly.
>>
To illustrate the folly of precognition, there is a concept known as self-fulfilling prophecy, which you can google: a false assessment causes it to actually become true, at least in a way. You think that you will fail in some endeavor so you don't try, ensuring your failure. Or there is a self-defeating prophecy, you are so certain of success you think you don't need to try, so your arrogance results in failure.

Fulfilling your destiny means using the will of the universe to your advantage: working with causation. For the example of success, this would be "I can possibly succeed, and to succeed, I must do these things to increase the likelihood of success."
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.