[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could it be possible for an civilization to exist below the earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

File: city.jpg (75KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
75KB, 800x450px
Could it be possible for an civilization to exist below the earth?
>>
Is it possible? Yes.

But, is it likely? Also yes.
>>
File: dark-souls-3.jpg (92KB, 940x420px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3.jpg
92KB, 940x420px
>>17890567
Is it possible for a railroad to exist underground?
>>
File: babykangaroo.jpg (145KB, 959x552px) Image search: [Google]
babykangaroo.jpg
145KB, 959x552px
>Could it be possible for an civilization to exist below the earth?

Are you suggesting Australians aren't real?
>>
>>17890567
No. There's nothing below the Earth. Stop looking.
>>
Bump for intrest
>>
only our reptilian overlords live 'so below. there is a chamber to access through Antarctica. Hitler went down and made agreements and the base still exists. Antarctica is fascinating.
>>
>>17891194
Oh shit
>>
me again. also what about the moles? alot of the vibrations people have been reporting are machines Borough to make the gov/elite underground cities b4 the pole shift. do they not exist?
I'm to tires and lzyo.fix my typing right now
>>
>>17890567
Below Earth there's about 46.5 billion light years of universe so probably yes
>>
>>17890567
>an civilization
>>
>>17890567
Nope.
>>
>>17891216
that's interesting. how shall I go about research on such topic. where did you get that number if you don't mind me asking.
>>
>Then there is of course the Odd Button on the Elevator.
>Several of these elevators have been reported as active recently.
>>
>>17891479
>Beside the elevator recently noted on Cleveland, and of course the current one in Chicago, two more were recently described, one in Denver and another just last week in Phoenix.
>>
>>17890567
yes

>an civilization
probably no civilizations, but tons of bunkers and facilities

unless you count homeless people living in a cave a civilization
>>
>>17891496
In addition to the usual row of operating buttons, including the specialty buttons below them, i.e., door open, door close, emergency, etc. there will be a single, odd button, located by itself, offset from the others, below and usually to the left.
>>
>>17891514
Forgot to greentext, but w/e.
>By pushing this button, the car will be made to descend, going lower into a subbasement.
>At that point it will be transferred laterally, into a parallel shaft.
>And the door will open, thereby communicating with the Derrills.
>>
>>17891532
>The Derrills have vast underground networks. (bunkers and facilities)
>The Derrills have modern technology.
>The average height of a Derrill is from four to five feet.
>The average lifespan of a Derrill is from 400 to 500 years.
>>
File: questionmarx.jpg (74KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
questionmarx.jpg
74KB, 500x685px
>>17890567

Is it possible for an advanced civilization to live inside my asshole? diminutive buttnoids, building castles on my colonic walls. Mining my shit for precious resources, wrangling bacteria as livestock.

WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF
>>
>>17891584
>not believing in concepts brought up in Futurama episodes

I bet you don't believe in technology either.
>>
>>17891194

this. you know those "celebrities throughout history, maybe they're time travelers" articles? it's because the reptilians use the same skin suits over and over.
>>
>>17891214

all those earthquakes? the ones supposedly caused by fracking? it's really tunnel diggers. same with the sink holes. they are preparing for global surface destruction.
>>
File: devil-with-pitchfork.jpg (128KB, 765x672px) Image search: [Google]
devil-with-pitchfork.jpg
128KB, 765x672px
>>
File: 18000.jpg (168KB, 859x688px) Image search: [Google]
18000.jpg
168KB, 859x688px
>>
File: image_2.gif (41KB, 240x330px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.gif
41KB, 240x330px
>>17890730
Lizard man spotted.
>>
>>17891823
The devil is a jew confirmed.
>>
>>17892368
Lizard man striped here. What's up over there in Spotville?
>>
>>17892378

silly anon, lizards have feathers like pretzel quote-al
>>
An heros live in an civilization.
>>
>>17891373

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe
>>
File: derinkuyu_map.jpg (456KB, 1440x930px) Image search: [Google]
derinkuyu_map.jpg
456KB, 1440x930px
>>17890567
Yes.
See: Derinkuyu
>>
>>17890584
anon pls
>>
>>17890567
There is a theory about one species of dinosaurs evolving into humanoids.

Google "Dinosauroid". If any ofnthese reptilian theories are true, then It is more likely to be Dinosauroids than aliens. The onlymplace such a civilisation couldnsurvive hidden is either under the ocean or underground.
>>
>>17891214
>machines Borough to make the gov/elite underground cities b4 the pole shift.
What is this now?
>>
>>17891584
I know you are a shitpost, but that raises an interesting point, an alien civilisation could be unimaginably different to us. For all we know they couldmbe a colony of bacteria and they have already colonised human beings.

There was a film about that a few years ago.
>>
>>17892370
It all makes sense now, he greedily collects souls and is complete evil, now with the nose reveal we get the big picture.
>>
>>17891532
This seems odd, given 1) the mechanics of an elevator, and 2) the time it would take for such a journey being easily noticed by others trying to use the elevator. Not to mention all the people who might stumble upon such a thing by accident. (Well, I guess aunt Betsy's gonna miss her flight. Oh well, life goes on)
>>
>>17890567
There have been at least 2 Underground cities discovered in history, one in Turkey, and many stories of people living in abandoned underground places such as old subway systems, catacombs, etc. So, yes, it's a possibility. But what are you really asking here?
>>
>>17895122
If they existed millions of years before us they wouldn't let us dominate the world
>>
>>17895290
As a mental exercise, I could see this. An alienoid species, advanced during the age of dinos. After the asteroid hits, those left alive dig deep into the surface of the earth or enter caves and eventually need to make more room and so carefully dig out tunnels and whatnot. Geothermal energy being important for their survival as the surface was frigid, they'd have needed to find ways to cultivate plant life underground. That's the part I wonder about.

Anyway, assuming they figured that plant thing out, or some means of sustenance, they'd need a strong sense of community to get everything done, and they'd likely not develop tools for warfare. They would develop tech under the earth, probably not electronics, but more likely pressure- and heat-based technology to allow them to direct aquifers, collect steam and such.

But this doesn't explain the HUGE gap in time during which the earth's surface thawed and humans started advancing. I'm with Anon, in that it seems they would have poked their heads out and said, "Oo! Flowing water and abundant food. Let's live up here!" and they could have easily punked the Australopithecines and Homo species had there been any fight over resources. Though more likely, they'd have collected some, put them in zoos, and just let the others be, as long as we didn't start messing with them.

Also, remembering that intellect is not always an advantage in nature, and that evolution does not always privilege smarts, perhaps they would stagnate underground while we had nothing to do but get too smart for our own good (metacognition and such, depression, nukes, that whole biz). In this case, they might be underground just existing, but they wouldn't prove much threat to us.

I have a hard time thinking of a scenario where they are a threat to us, but they remained underground and let us get this far.
>>
File: 1420412797807.jpg (511KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1420412797807.jpg
511KB, 1200x1200px
>>17895290
Maybe we're actually in a perpetual state of war and we're just so brainwashed that we can't see the obvious signs

t. dream
>>
>>17890567

Chinese government has built a massive network of tunnels beneath China. Now imagine a civilization more advanced building for a longer period of time.

Some day every nation on the planet will be building downwards due to atmospheric regulations.
>>
>>17890567
No, but you can read the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer if you find the idea interesting.

In the antediluvian period, people would carve out soft limestone to live in the resultant cave. There are still some hollowed mountains in Turkey and elsewhere around the Mediterranean sea. I do not recall the name of the archaeologist who first figured that fact out.
>>
>>17890567
there are all sorts of problem with hollow earth type stuffs. the main one is gases releases from fissures in the earth or pockets formed by bacteria in the ground

they can all end up dead in a day easy. if your not anaerobic your at a major disadvantage living underground
>>
File: Its aliens.jpg (34KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
Its aliens.jpg
34KB, 553x484px
>>17890570
>>
Dajjal.
>>
Very unlikely. Even the smallest of earthquakes would destroy them.
>>
Yes, but why would it need to? Any civilization with advanced enough engineering wouldn't need to deliberately bury itself.
>>
>>17890567
Then they wouldn't be aliens
>>
>>17891373
Google it you fucking spastic.
>>
humans living "below earth" are not unlikely

lots of people have their own bunker
>>
Considering how many ENTIRELY UNEXPLORED cave complexes we have just sitting around, I wouldn't be surprised if there were tribes of men or other beings living down there.
On the one hand, I'm burning with curiosity to find out what's down there, but on the other hand, I really don't want to get fucked by hadal raiders.
>>
File: arthur clarke.jpg (90KB, 485x364px) Image search: [Google]
arthur clarke.jpg
90KB, 485x364px
>>17895135
someone one posed this idea to me once with the example that Saturn's rings could be sentient. Another form of life somewhere else in the universe (one not necessarily carbon-based), might be so bizarre and unrecognizable to us, it would be near impossible to see it, let alone communicate.
>>
File: measures of the anthropocene.jpg (422KB, 2048x1287px) Image search: [Google]
measures of the anthropocene.jpg
422KB, 2048x1287px
>>17890567
Honestly, OP. It's so near unlikely it might be impossible. There's really been no evidence whatsoever in our history that indicates any underground civilizations exited on earth. And we have ample evidence of the history our civilization on the surface (and at that, tons of it found underground - fossils and artifacts.) We even have knowledge of the history of geographic changes on the Earth - areas that were once connected by land and other continental shifts, areas that were once underwater, major climate changes, canyons that have been carved by rivers, etc...

That said, I think it's entirely possible, probable even, that we may be an underground civilization at some far date in the future - it may not be a choice, but how we have to live to survive.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/research/age-humans-evolutionary-perspectives-anthropocene

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/moral-dilemma-we-face-age-of-humans-180952909/?no-ist
>>
There's that hollow eart theory about the civilization living underneath us.

It's a ver far fetched story, but it is fun.
>>
>>17890567
Earthquakes would fuck you up, like in that chineese cartoon about robots.
>>
>>17890567
Yes there is, and there's men at work to enter it. I'm not allowed to say much, but there is certainly a land down under.
>>
>>17895892
Traitor.
>>
>>17890567
>>17895857
>>17893080

Yeah Ancient Aliens covered the topic of underground civs quite a few times, it was breddy gud I say.

https://youtu.be/4eNdS9zzBsI?t=10m0s
>>
Can't remember when & where, too lazy to look it up but at one point in history we built an entire city underground and lived there, had running water pipes, air filtration, stables, bathrooms, literally everything underground.

So, yes. It would be quite possible indeed.
>>
>>17900745

looked it up, it's known as the Derinkuyu underground city.
>>
File: 1458222301437.jpg (24KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1458222301437.jpg
24KB, 480x516px
>>17900182
TOP KEK
>>
>>17900750
You are correct sir
>>
File: 1365479658729.jpg (1008KB, 1526x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1365479658729.jpg
1008KB, 1526x1125px
>>17895290
We posses something they don't have, our relationship is symbiotic.... we get free lodging and they to siphon of the spare residual animus.
>>
>>17895129
Word salad, a common sign of schizophrenia.
>>
>>17891194
Why do reptilian people not care about there miniature lizard brothers
>>
>>17891214
>machines Borough to
machines burrow to

Or one could simply say "dig" instead of burrow.
>>
>>17900164
Row, row, fight the powah
>>
>>17901442
Maybe he was thinking of E.R. Burroughs, who wrote extensively about subterranean cities, and got mixed up.
>>
cryptoterrestials.

Mac Tonnies
>>
>>17900980
I need some answers on this one
>>
>>17900980
Well we don't really care about our small mammal brothers like rats too.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.