[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: wtf.jpg (2KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
2KB, 299x168px
This is a question regarding sleep paralysis. I get that it's a thing between REM sleep and waking stages and that's why you're "paralyzed". My idea is that the hallucinations are sorta like living dreams. But why are they all evil? I haven't heard one story of a a hallucination of a cuddly puppy snuggling someone, it's always a shadow dude or some shit suffocating them. Why are they always negative?

>Tl;dr why are sleep paralysis hallucinations always evil
>>
I'm going to say because you are subconsciously aware you cannot move. You are still dreaming and beginning to panic because of the paralysis. Your mind tries to make sense of what could be happening. Obviously, your mind is not going to assume there cuddly puppies snuggling you. It will assume some fucking demon has come in your room or whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x281px
>>17888438
/thread

But if I may add a few words of my own:
It's hard not to panic when your body suggests to your mind that you are suddenly paralyzed. Your mind basically just fills in the blanks.
>>
I've only had sleep paralysis a couple of time and hallucinated once, nothing evil. I woke up on my side, my closet was open and there was a pink stuffed bunny hanging the wall. But I remembered that I don't have one and I started to panic, trying to move but I can't. Screaming but no words are coming out, but I remember what is happening and I relax and focus on moving my arm took me a while but I did it and after that I got up went to a different room.
>>
I've only had sleep paralysis twice, first time I didn't see anything but I was young and I freaked the fuck out, second time it felt more like an out of body experience and I was evidently waking up anyways so it only lasted for like, a minute, still didn't see anything
>>
>>17888420
Dude, niggers are scary.

>ayo lemme cuddle up
>>
I got it pretty regularly when I had a stressful job and figured out that I get it reliably if I sleep on my back.

Usually I would wake up and have this intense feeling that "something is in the other room" so I have to move right now to hide or fight it. Then, of course, I can't move and then I am panicking. Sometimes you get too caught up in the panic and start to think that you're paralyzed with terror, otherwise you just focus on moving a limb and it goes away.

I also used to get that sensation as a nightmare and not as a waking thing, like there would be some monster that paralyzed me with fear as soon as I saw it and then it would just slowly come closer and closer to me. I haven't had those nightmares since making it a point to sleep on my sides, so I assume that was a sleep paralysis I was more asleep for.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.