[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible enlightenment? Please help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: starbeing.jpg (138KB, 736x676px) Image search: [Google]
starbeing.jpg
138KB, 736x676px
For the past two nights, I have been having extremely vivid dreams in which a "personification of the stars" has been visiting me and relaying messages of philosophical wisdom that have left me absolutely stunned.

It suddenly feels as though my eyes are being opened to the way this reality works and I'm even starting to feel like I understand why we're here and what we're meant to do.

I've never taken drugs in my life but I'm pretty sure I'm tripping on some high right now. This is amazing.

I am both terrified and excited to go to sleep again in case these dreams continue.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? And before anyone asks, I am not "roleplaying" here, these are genuine experiences that have been happening to me and while I know from a rational perspective they're almost certainly nothing more than dreams in my head, the contents of them have genuinely changed my perspective on so many things.

I'm stuck in this strange inbetween state of waking and dreaming now. It's beginning to feel as though the lines between reality and what I've been experiencing are blurring, yet with each hour I feel as though I'm becoming more and more.. Well. Enlightened I guess?

I've never been so scared and excited in my life. What should I do? I'm kinda scared that I'll forget some of this stuff so I don't know whether to write it down to conserve it or just realize I'm probably having some sort of mental breakdown and let it all slip away. What do you guys think?
>>
>>17888230
I know how you feel, I felt it before. But it didn't last long. So I can't say much.

I'm curious though, what are these messages of philosophical wisdom?
>>
Occasionally, I don't give too much attention to my dreams.
Dreams are ofter our mind/being playing
>>
>>17888230

Yeah, you're experiencing teenage angst because you wish you had a purpose but instead you spend your time shitposting on idiotic places like /x/ and acting like you've found enlightenment.

Go outside.
>>
>>17888254

Yea... most enlightenment philosophy is combined with "share this!" or else... well it's clearly not very enlightened at all!
>>
Read "hero of 1000 faces" by joseph campbell. The audiobook is pretty easy to listen to if you dont care for reading.
>>
Reality is a limited dream so the blur is just more realization.
>>
>>17888287
>>17888662
OP, this is a decent answer. enjoy life and smell ALL of the flowers.
>>
>>17888230
>Well. Enlightened I guess?

Unlikely.
>>
>personification of the stars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuit
>>
>>17889165
I don't think so. It wasn't a male or a female. In fact it wasn't a person at all, it was more of a disembodied voice. Whenever I tried to 'look' at it, my mind would simply imagine any one of an infinite different combinations of human likeness.
>>
>>17888254
They were almost all related to self-expression and libertarian values, built upon this notion that the universe itself is a deity and as part of the universe we are all extensions of that deity made to experience itself from the perspective of a 'foreign' intelligence.

I was also told that every human life has a personal star, which acts as a compendium and place of storage for, not only our soul, but all experiences, knowledge and emotions we gather through an infinite cycle of reincarnation.

It was some pretty weird stuff. There was also some big deal made out of how "light" contains "knowledge" and that when we meditate and reflect we should do so at night because the light from stars a billion light years away slowly feeds us the knowledge of a billion years; the culmination of all knowledge that light has picked up during it's journey. During the day, our young star and it's light blind our sky and thus ourselves, making it more difficult to self-express and think and act as a maverick.

I also remember a significant deal being made about never preaching or trying to convert others to my way of thinking, but to rather only discuss and let them make up their own mind and come to their own conclusions (which I assume would be the same or similar conclusions, making the request a little hypocritical), which I was encouraged to encourage others to do.

I don't know. I didn't really sleep last night so I didn't have another dream, but all this stuff has got me thinking quite a lot.

Also have a cool picture I found.
>>
>hey guys do you think i'm becoming enlightened?

never in the course of sentient life has the answer to this question been yes. if you're asking it, take some time to seriously consider your understanding of enlightenment.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.