[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Fairy Folk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 75

What does /x/ think about the Wee Folk?

Do they still exist? Does anybody have any good stories about encounters with them? Are the nature spirits or Djinn?

I have always been obsessed with Fairies and wonder what the truth about them are...
>>
Please take me away, fae folk. Save me from this gay earth.
>>
File: ChangelingTheLostCover.jpg (233KB, 496x637px) Image search: [Google]
ChangelingTheLostCover.jpg
233KB, 496x637px
>>17888027
Sure thing.
>>
If you go into a fairy ring does time stop?
>>
>>17888004
It's been a coon's age since I've seen a fairy/fae thread. I had an ex that was crazy into tinkerbell and whenever I cross or upset her even years later, I end up like Captain hook, circa the croc's acidic belly. I believe she's in contact with or is a Fae. They are wonderful, but if you cross one of their own even without knowing, they can be vengeful
>>
>>17888069
This is what I hear...will they take revenge on a humans behalf??
>>
File: Brian_Faeries_57.jpg (54KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Faeries_57.jpg
54KB, 426x600px
>>17888004
>Fairy Folk
>Wee Folk
Haha okay.

I've heard a number of stories, though I'm eager to find more. A search for Eddie Lenihan usually brings up a good number of stories he's collected from locals. I wish I could find his books.

I don't really know... certainly there are many cultural variants. Fairies, huldufolk, djinn, nymphs and satyrs, youkai...

They can usually vary somewhere between nature spirits and ghosts. Which does sort of hit back on older forms of religion, the animism and the ancestor worship...

I've never personally met any, but often I doubt if it would be a good thing if I did.
>>
>>17888087
I honestly have no true knowledge, but judging from my experience, they will.
>>
File: creaturesoffaery.png (931KB, 850x1111px) Image search: [Google]
creaturesoffaery.png
931KB, 850x1111px
>>17888068
Fairy rings are just a certain kind of mushroom, but going into a fairy dance is another matter.

Linking some books, again:
Fairies: Real Encounters with Little People
Janet Bord
https://a.pomf.cat/mkeiwn.pdf

The Anatomy of Puck: An Examination of Fairy Beliefs Among Shakespeare and his Contemporaries
Katharine Mary Briggs
https://a.pomf.cat/komzvi.pdf

An Encyclopedia of Fairies
Katharine Mary Briggs
(File was too big for pomf. This is a zip file with pages scanned in JPG format. You can use a "comic book reader" to view it, or just extract the images after changing the extension to .zip)
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/WJeUWZBs/file.html

The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries
Walter Yeeling Evans-Wentz
https://a.pomf.cat/wnszox.pdf

A Field Guide to Demons, Fairies, Fallen Angels and Other Subversive Spirits
Carol K. Mack & Dinah Mack
https://a.pomf.cat/trxqaz.pdf

The Elizabethan Fairies: The Fairies Of Folklore and The Fairies Of Shakespeare
Minor White Latham
https://a.pomf.cat/laejaz.pdf

Walker Between Worlds: A New Edition of the Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns and Fairies
Robert J. Stewart
https://a.pomf.cat/thwlwd.pdf

Two "generic" books about monsters, including but not limited to fays, which I consider essential reads:

Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings (second edition)
John Michael Greer
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf

Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld
Patrick Harpur
https://a.pomf.cat/xvwfsc.pdf
>>
File: Pulp Art Fairy Wildflower.jpg (64KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp Art Fairy Wildflower.jpg
64KB, 324x500px
>>17888147
That is great leads anon very appreciated
>>
File: dat boii.jpg (19KB, 267x208px) Image search: [Google]
dat boii.jpg
19KB, 267x208px
>>17888068
Here come dat boii
>>
File: Pulp art Grimms Fairy.jpg (231KB, 900x870px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp art Grimms Fairy.jpg
231KB, 900x870px
>>17888177
this is an ebonics free zone

thanks in advance
>>
From what I've researched in the past Faeries live in another sort of spiritual plane/dimension that will often cross with ours, especially at their choosing.

I read somewhere that to be with good terms on them you leave our food, like some bread or milk and they will offer something in return, like protection or something of that sort.
>>
>>17888195
They tend to meet humans in places of peaceful nature
>>
How I get to fairy land, lads? I can't deal with this world no more.
>>
File: Wee Folk.jpg (19KB, 236x322px) Image search: [Google]
Wee Folk.jpg
19KB, 236x322px
If I invoked one would it be angry?
>>
>>17888233
dmt
>>
File: Pulp Art Cat's Ear Fairy.jpg (98KB, 364x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp Art Cat's Ear Fairy.jpg
98KB, 364x500px
I second the how to get to fairy land request?
>>
Stop holding out on us, you fuckers. Tell us how to get to fairy land. This shit aint right.
>>
>>17888195
Really? Has your research really indicated that fairies live in a spiritual dimension? In what way did your research indicate this?
>>
File: encyclopediaoffa00brig_0420.jpg (336KB, 1300x2118px) Image search: [Google]
encyclopediaoffa00brig_0420.jpg
336KB, 1300x2118px
>>17888258
>>17888283

Folklore tells they are picky with the people they get. You *don't* want to get there if they don't like you. Even if you go there on good terms, you might, I mean, will step on one of their taboos and they you're fucked.

Get "An Encyclopedia of Fairies" on >>17888147 and read "Virtues esteemed by the fairies", starting on page 420. "Visits to Fairyland" too, on page 422. Look also for the other "linked" articles mentioned in CAPITAL LETTERS.
If you still think this is a good idea, somewhere in the encyclopedia you will find pointers to do it.
Read, read, and read again. Godspeed.
>>
File: encyclopediaoffa00brig_0456.jpg (364KB, 1300x2118px) Image search: [Google]
encyclopediaoffa00brig_0456.jpg
364KB, 1300x2118px
>>17888310
Why, wrong file, of course.
>>
File: tumblr_mlxsdn091O1rz5qxqo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 943x1228px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlxsdn091O1rz5qxqo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 943x1228px
>>17888310
No Worries I appreciate you posting this stuff
>>
File: page.png (484KB, 701x995px) Image search: [Google]
page.png
484KB, 701x995px
>>17888099
I'm no longer including this book on my default list because of the poor quality of the scan, and the mysterious English on it also doesn't help. Anyway:

Kitsune: Japan's Fox of Mystery, Romance & Humor
By Kiyoshi Nozaki
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/LKQuZONh/file.html
>>
I want to fuck a faerie.
>>
File: 111.png (70KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
70KB, 800x974px
>>17888389
I understand you may be tempted, but it's still a bad idea, Anon. Image is page 111 of Monsters by Greer ( >>17888147 ), which you should read.
>>
>>17888177
Underrated
>>
>>17888237
If the theory that fae are old British pagan gods taken out of context is correct, then you could probably do a good invocation if you treated them right.
>Assuming, of course, that you aren't misinterpreted as making fun of them.
>>17888389
Would work out as good as trying to fuck Zeus
>>
>>17888458
Are they the Goetia Demons by chance?
>>
Or are they Djinn?
>>
File: Pulp Art Fairy and the Frog.jpg (85KB, 302x433px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp Art Fairy and the Frog.jpg
85KB, 302x433px
>>
>>17888450
This doesn't say it's a bad idea.

How does Monsters view these beings? The description of "etheric" leads me to believe it's less about physical sightings and more about them existing in another plane.
>>
>>17888468
>>17888480
I'm not totally sure. I know part of the trouble untangling all that stuff is that a lot of the time an old worship practice persists like making an offering, but /why/ you make the offering, or /who/ you make it to, gets forgotten over time. It's entirely possible I figure for the same pantheon to be split, with some of the old gods remembered as demons, and some as fairies, and some as both at once.
>>
>>17888004
Well, is Teutonic religion they are called wights.

Which is a spirit of nature that is the manifestation of something in nature like, a tree an animal, a mountain etc and vary in power.

Also there are also spirits kicking around in nature like Dwarfs and Elves.

Thats a very very short explanation of how I classify these spirits.
>>
>>17888765
srry for the shitty spelling I am super sleepy
>>
File: Wight.jpg (534KB, 1600x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Wight.jpg
534KB, 1600x1440px
>>17888765
>>
File: faeries.jpg (277KB, 813x1205px) Image search: [Google]
faeries.jpg
277KB, 813x1205px
>>17888147
Kind of sad that I can't have an encyclopedia on my phone (where I do most of my reading for some reason), but thanks for this, it'll fill out my fairy folder a good bit. You're a true gent.
>Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings
This is really weird, but I actually have a physical copy of this book. I haven't really started reading it properly though.
>>
>>17888004
Ohio,2003
I was just chillin smoking a j listening to music not doing anything really when out in the tree line I see movement, it wasnt big but I noticed it because it was shaking really fast, almost as if someone was holding the bush with their hands and shaking it so for half a second I thought it might be a prank.

I stood up and approached it slowly, lighting my way with my trusty Motorola razr, couldnt see shit (duh) but it made me feel safer. I light the inside of the bush and there I see it, it looked like a regular person except its ears looked pointy, I just froze, my brain couldnt hadnle what was happening, I immediately thought that someone might have tampered with my weed, dont know when or where but this made no sense, so I snap out of it and start running towards my car, now I dont know why but I thought "ok calm the fuck down, maybe you just smoked some other shit, in that case its not smart to drive" so I just sat there listening to the radio in the middle of the night just waiting to see if I was going to get more fucked up. 15 passed and I felt normal so I went back to the bush and there it was, I felt like I was in some sort of movie, I had chills all over my body, the dude looked at me and I saw horror in his face, thats when I realized "holy shit im like a monster to him" maybe he thought I was going to eat him or torture him. I put my hand inside the bush to try and see what was going on, he was tangled with some sort of wire, probably from a fence. I slowly grabbed his leg and untied it then I stepped back and smiled to show him that I wasnt dangerous.

He hopped out of the bush and he was like one of those GI Joe dolls, the old ones from the 60s.

So after 30 seconds or so just looking at him trying to soak the experience I say: "can you understand me?"

And without missing a bit, while he was dustin off he said: "You dont need to understand a brother, just know him"

Then he ran off really fast.
>>
File: 298.png (614KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
298.png
614KB, 800x974px
>>17888800
The copy I posted is the second edition from 2011 (now with 100% more zombies and chimeras!), not the 2010 original one.
>>
File: 109.png (71KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
109.png
71KB, 800x974px
>>17888521
Let me posted two other pages (you should read at least these).
>>
File: 110.png (68KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
110.png
68KB, 800x974px
Yes, the sightings are not physical. What I'm typing here comes from several of the books above.

Those beings, in their realm, look like multicolored balls or ovoids. They do not exist in our physical plane. One of their natural abilities is to interface with our minds. They can read them (here goes the first warning, yes, they do know what you are thinking), and they use this to project an illusional image which is how people normally perceive them in sightings. "What you believe is what you see," so they may appear as perhaps winged small people, gray aliens, Japanese shapeshifting foxes, and so on.
The "matter" in the etheric level itself has different properties from ours. It is a kind of fluid, that can be concentrated or dispersed, and it can form a sort of a model, which provides a structure around with physical matter condenses.
Very concentrated "ether" can be viewed with normal sight, and it actually is the basis for shapeshifters like werewolves (read the Monsters book).
Anyway, as beings from this environment, their minds evolved in a way that makes them very different from ours. Calling them "Ultimate Other" is a proper description.
And they have their own taboos, in the anthropological sense. The kind of things that if you violate here can get you killed. *And the same is true if you violate their taboos.* I can't stress enough that trying to contact them without prior research is extremely dangerous. Yes, they can kill humans.
I intended this to be short, but it got quite long. Obviously, English is not my first language; please bear with it. And now, off to work, gotta get those bills paid.
>>
File: Pulp Art Fairyland.jpg (75KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp Art Fairyland.jpg
75KB, 600x409px
>>17888833
Interesting...

Did you ever try to locate him again anon?
>>
>>17888685
That makes sense absolutely
>>
Fairies are nature spirits.
They're very shy and very cautious of your intentions. Some of them are good and benign, some others like to play jokes.
But in the end they're spirits. Benign spirits with a low vibration from the low astral.

Want to try to meet them? They must trust you enough. If they sense something bad in you, they won't appear. If they sense you can be trusting, they MIGHT appear.

They're not Goetia demons nor Heavenly angels. Just another kind of spirits.
>>
>>17889183
Oh. I was about to say I thought I had the Second Edition, but saved anyway.

Went and checked, and I do indeed have the First Edition. Well. Good thing I like to be cautious, then, more zombies for me.

>>17888521
>>17889199
See, now that's something that bothers me, because most stories in which monsters appear depict them as actual, physical beings, albeit with supernatural proportions or abilities.

The tricky part is whether this also applies to fairies, as people have said that they're not always distinguishable from ordinary people. But the same has also been said of ghosts.
>>
>>17889355
nature spirit?
>>
>>17889186
>>17889199
I'm actually pretty surprised. I didn't think I'd come across something on /x/ that aligned with my studies. This makes perfect sense.

I will read this book, but it's not high on my list. Do the other books you mentioned go along with your idea of ether?

Thanks for posting these pages
>>
>>17888004
They're probably just small people that evolved to take up less space. Same thing happened with the entire insect class once upon a time, so why can't it happen with mammals?
>>
>>17890177
Books from the same author.
The Encyclopedia of Natural Magic, 2nd edition (the 1st one was called just Natural Magic)
>>
>>17890806
Retard of the thread award goes to this faggot...
>>
File: cop.png (236KB, 2200x850px) Image search: [Google]
cop.png
236KB, 2200x850px
>>17890832
Circles of Power. You'll notice it's almost the same text from Monsters.

You can get both, and other books by him, from kat; look for John Michael Greer there.

>>17890806
No, Anon. Insects' size is limited by the way their respiratory system works, and the level of oxygen in atmosphere.
Did you ever see a beetle upside down? If you try to turn it around, it goes back to that position. Because it is suffocating and got too big; they can breathe better in that position. Some large insects raised in sealed environments with richer oxygen atmospheres actually get bigger than normal ones from the same species. The main factor limiting their size is this; by finding traces of extinct larger insects, the obvious implication is that back then, there was a higher concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere.
Certain environments with limited resources create a selective pressure for smaller animals; islands are a prime example for that.
>>
>>17890865
>evolution denialism
I bet your god doesn't even have a name.
>>
File: enm.png (187KB, 2400x974px) Image search: [Google]
enm.png
187KB, 2400x974px
>>17890832
Aaand, I forgot to post the relevant pages.
Spoiler: I tried the thing with the quartz and failed, as in no result. It might be because of my carpal tunnel syndrome, your mileage may vary. Not mentioned here, some fasting would help getting better results. Eating shuts down the etheric senses.
>>
File: 152-3.png (138KB, 1600x974px) Image search: [Google]
152-3.png
138KB, 1600x974px
>>17889355
>>17889721
I will point you guys the spirits section in the Monsters book (see Elementals).
>>
>>17888099
>Eddie Lenihan
Interesting. Here is his book on fays, "Meeting the Other Crowd" in ePub format:
https://a.pomf.cat/tbytgx.epub

Spoiler: this is one of the books that confirm your suspicion that meeting fairies can be bad. I loved this three stars review on Amazon:

I'm disappointed that they are so sinister
By Shelley Boyeron January 24, 2015
Format: Paperback
I like this book BUT am disappointed that 99 % of the fairies in this book are sinister.
I've studied metaphisics for years and am well versed in the world of spirits, spirit guides, angels and ghosts.
I was always leery of the wee folk. After reading this I know why.
I will continue to investigate these elusive folk with the hopes of discovering some positive stories about them...
Eddies writing is delightful nonetheless...
>>
BTW when you pick a clover it's not for wishing it's a spell to kill. Focused on a enemy.
It's not lucky at all.
If you have any ability combat fae may show up like the rake.
>I'm a irishfag btw so I know.
>>17888480
>>17888468
No there separate beings.
>>17889355
Stare at tree long enough you'll see millions of them. Or give a tree a gift like.dirt or water and you'll see them too.
>>
Investigation Into the Invisible World (2002)
Enquête sur le monde invisible (original title)
A feature length documentary shot in Iceland on mediums and the relationship between humans and invisible beings such as elves ghosts, angels, water monsters and extra-terrestrials. The film is a journey to the frontiers of life questioning the scope of our existence. Are we alone in the universe? If life exists in other dimensions, it's worth knowing more.

Watch it on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRjatXe5bis
>>
>>17888194
Go away.
Your soul is bound to the rock.
>>
>>17890885
>their respiratory system
And humans have one of those, so it stands to reason that humans can have limited body sizes in the right environment too.
>>
>>17891212
TEACH US MORE NATURE MAGIC SENPAI PLS
>>
>>17892226
No.
Insects' respiratory system is way different than humans' system. Humans' system is more evolved and allows to grow more; insects' system doesn't allow it.

Humans would have limited body sizes due to other stuff such as a not strong enough heart.
>>
File: 1467349371490.jpg (14KB, 564x377px) Image search: [Google]
1467349371490.jpg
14KB, 564x377px
>>17892485
>Humans' system is more evolved and allows to grow more; insects' system doesn't allow it.

Just you wait I'm going to make giant buggers and they will quite literally fuck EVERYONE.
>>
from what i've seen and looked up fearies reside where there is nature. but what if your entire country is unnatural, as in planted forrests, introduced species, etc? i live in the netherlands, aka the dredged up land, no natural forrests, etc.
>>
>>17892485
YOU CAN'T TELL ME HOW EVOLUTION WORKS

YOU'RE NOT MY MOM
>>
>>17892510
unless you change the respiratory system into something like book lungs, or increase the oxygen levels, it ain't gonna happen my man.
>>
File: 1467349530319.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467349530319.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>17892533
Your stupid physics and science cant stop me.
>>
File: queenofthebadfaeries1.jpg (3MB, 2073x3140px) Image search: [Google]
queenofthebadfaeries1.jpg
3MB, 2073x3140px
just passing by to recommend the Tree of Enchantment by Orion Foxwood, an excellent book of faerie magic.

some of them are creepy and some of them are sweet, like people i guess
>>
>>17892885
Nice I'll check it out soon.
>>
https://youtu.be/pye0Vo2z-Jw?list=PLOe9dRrjg53ylWNHx5R0YeZ3J7gbr7Sag
>>
The fae folk used to exist in our world, but they're gone now. They could never cross the oceans to the new world to begin with, and with how much terrible iron that the industrial revolution brought around they simply chose to leave.
>>
File: Praying.jpg (29KB, 221x375px) Image search: [Google]
Praying.jpg
29KB, 221x375px
>>17889199
This is good legit info in my opinion.
Pic related to thread.
>>
>>17888765

A wight is any type of conscious entity, including gods and humans.
>>
>>17893026
>fairy thread
>posting YouTube links
>not even the good shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fYfpsQQQ4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2iVbdpAPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_nYPY1z7Ws
I thought I'd found another one recently but I can't seem to find it again.
>>
So why are they seen most in Ireland??
>>
>>17888004
When I was a kid, I used to like sleeping under the bed. One night I was awoken by the wee people. There were two of them. One said "let's kill him" and the other said "He's asleep you Idiot. We can't kill him asleep, don't you know tje rules?" I then was like WTF?!? And heard one say "He's waking up!" And then I heard them rush off. I only seen the shadddows dart and disappear. I believed in them ever since.
>>
>>17895002
delirium tremens
>>
>>17888004
Dude looks like he's gonna bolt at the first opportunity
>>
>>17894835
If it had any connection to our own fairy queen, it got deleted probably
>>
>>17895109
Nah, was just another worthwhile documentary about people's beliefs in the fairies. I should really start saving all the ones that aren't cotton candy bullshit.
>>
>>17892885
>some of them are creepy and some of them are sweet, like people i guess

yee
>>
>>17888833
razr didnt come out till 2006
>>
>>17895603
The Razr was released in the 3rd quarter of 2004.
>>
>>17894835
I didn't know these, thank you.
>>17895615
Still, "Ohio,2003". Next!
>>
>>17895324
I'm a retard. I thought you were talking about a thread disappearing...
>>
File: faeri1.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
faeri1.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>17888068
found an HQ and made a weird pape for all
>>
File: search.jpg (758KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
758KB, 683x1024px
Larger version of this post's image:
http://mb.cision.com/Public/13244/9845136/9458308b28cf215e_org.jpg
>>
>>17888004
The Torchwood episode about Fairies is the best depiction of them.
>>
File: FAIRY-QUEEN.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
FAIRY-QUEEN.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
I live in Newfoundland and all the stories I've heard are bad. I really shouldn't tell you anything because it's considered extremely bad luck to talk about the little people.

Growing up my sister dated a guy that refused to go into the woods around his family cabin. When he was young his father told him not to go into the woods because he swears he saw the devil one night in the trees, his father was known to drink so people had a hard time believing him despite everyone being generally superstitious of the woods.

One night he had his friends up to his cabin, they were drinking and he stepped outside to take a piss, through they trees he saw a pure white face with long ears starring at him.

His grand mother grew up in the area. The woods is infested with fairy mounds and you generally are never suppose to go into woods with mounds or circles by yourself because that's when you may meet a little person, they won't meet you if your with someone. Also if you know exactly where you are going they won't bother you.

When his grand mother was a little girl she was playing in the woods, the next thing she remembers is "waking up" in a standing position picking berries with little people. She ran out of the forest and found her way home. But she had eye troubles starting that night and wasn't able to properly lose her eyes in her sleep since.

The whole family believes Little people will put you under their spell and do things to you, but no one quite knows what exactly. Her story is extremely similar to general folk lore stories expect you usually wake up on a stump.
>>
>>17897785
So little people basically DRUG YOU? Sheesh...
>>
>>17897785
Curious how do you properly lose one eyes in sleep?
>>
>>17897785
Newfoundland? You *must* buy this book.
https://www.arts.mun.ca/iserbooks/publications/show_for_title?id=82
>>
>>17898100
Sorry, typo. Should say "close".
>>
>>17899013
I'm pretty tempted too.
>>
>>17897341
Really? Of all depictions, an episode of Torchwood is the best?
>>
https://youtu.be/xYYbrKq3hv0
>>
interesting how they are associated with music and revelry
>>
>>17888457
Nah just not funny
>>
>>17899633
In this documentary a man claims a pair of Fae entrance him and try to cut off his shadow. What would of happened if they succeeded? What do they benefit from this ?
>>
>>17899908
link to documentary?
>>
>>17899908
I didn't watch the documentary, let me provide some information on the process of death. There is the physical body, made of ordinary matter. When one dies, this is the first to start decaying, and to be disconnected from the "higher" levels.
The etheric body survives for some days to perhaps some weeks, and the mind is not "awake", in most circumstances. In persons with a strong etheric body it takes longer to start decaying. Sometimes the mind is awake, and in this case, we have one of the kinds of ghost. This ghost might be able to attack living beings to feed on their etheric bodies; in this case we have a vampire. "Natural" vampires seldom last for more than one year, due to several factors.
After the etheric body dies, the astral and higher levels remain. The astral body is connected to the "lower" levels through a so called "astral cord". If this connexion is severed, the physical and etheric body die.
>>
>>17900850
Now with the basic stuff out of the way, how fays "work"? They don't exist on the physical level, and their consciousness is mostly focused on the etheric level. You can say they are etheric beings, like we are "physical".
Fay kidnappings work by severing the connection with the physical body. The ghost of the person remains intact and awake, and the severed physical body dies. Without the physical body, the person is unable to "come back". The infamous fairy food is probably some poison that cuts the connection with the physical body. Fays naturally see the ghosts of people; no wonder they are associated in folklore with death.
I'm typing this in a hurry and half-asleep in my second language. I may have left important details out. If you have some doubt, please ask.
>>
>>17900864
Oh, sure, I forgot the most important thing, to answer your question. The shadow is the same thing as the etheric body.
>>
For reference, I'm linking a bibliography related to fays. I wouldn't touch many of the entries on that list with a ten foot pole; use Amazon reviews and common sense to separate the wheat from the chaff.
A good resource to point some "good" books is the Annotated Bibliography section of Monsters, by John Michael Greer, posted in >>17888147. With that said, here's the link:
http://www.fairyist.com/books-on-fairies/bibliography/
>>
>>17888004
I can tell you that they are real. That's all I know 100% from experience Anything else I can't confirm.
>>
>>17888147
Great post.
>>
>>17900898
what makes you say that
>>
>>17900903
I saw one for 30 seconds straight in my room in broad daylight. It flew slowly from the corner of my room to my door then disappeared.
>>
>>17900908
why doesnt this shit happen to me, dammit.

do you live in a mystical area
>>
>>17900914
Nope. I live in a middle sized regular city in north carolina. I am pretty mystical though. I'd up to that point gotten into shamanism and witchcraft but not done anything far out except a couple spells and burning candles.
>>
>>17900920
oh, well hey I'm in NC too. there's still hope. Did you see a european-style fairy?
>>
No she was like pic related except not as bright so I was able to make out her features. She was flat chested but pretty so she might had been a he. No wings either, I think. i don't really remember well.
>>
I don't know if this is little people related but I was once in this very room with my older brother watching the simpsons on a small ass tv. He looks behind us on the wall, very close to the floor *taps my shoulder and points at the wall* I turn my head and see two short shadows shaped like humanoids moving across the wall as if they were hovering. They vanish. We assume it's just some car lights somehow creating a shadow or something, even though there was no car at all.

Potentially something?
>>
>>17900898
Tell us about your experience anon?
>>
>>17900962
Yesssss potentially
>>
>>17901170
>>17900908
>>
>>17900926
>>17901170
>>17900938
>>
I saw a gnome crossing a certain section of route 66 once. freaked me out. Do these creatures communicate with each other?
>>
My grandfather said his cousin, or maybe his father's cousin, was walking down a road in Ireland when he was a little boy. He saw a leprechaun who warned him not to go down the road, so he didn't. Apparently he insisted the story was true for the rest of his life.
>>
>>17901229
>insisted the story was true
>tfw you see how hard someone else believes and you just want to be there with them
>tfw you want to believe
>>
>>17901224
I know this board is slow but
>plz respond
>>
>>17888177
oh shit whaddup
>>
File: 121546521.gif (991KB, 444x326px) Image search: [Google]
121546521.gif
991KB, 444x326px
>be me
>been thinking about fairies all week, cause of this thread
>go upstairs
>see what can only be described as gold glitter, or fairy dust floating and glowing above my pc.
>it only lasts five seconds then dissapears with no trace

Now i have a burning desire to go to a forest and go searching for fairy's, even with the risks i want to see them myself so i can know for sure or not.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.
>>
>tfw you already believe but can't admit it
>even to yourself

It's a terrible feel.
>>
My family is from scandinavia, mostly finland, and my grandmother always insisted that faeries were real etc, I remember some interesting shit from her, said there were ties in our family with them, which aligns p well with what my little sister and I saw as kids
>>
File: 651204e7049690ba04bd148f9e284816.jpg (699KB, 2492x2500px) Image search: [Google]
651204e7049690ba04bd148f9e284816.jpg
699KB, 2492x2500px
>>17892568
>>
https://youtu.be/Q_ez_g_VqEE

Eddie is the one to go to about fairy lore
>>
>>17901224
>>17901386
Folklore tells fairies are very competitive. They fight and play games. They also like dancing. For these, some form of communication is obviously required.
>>
Will post more of Eddie's video's

https://youtu.be/6AJfqzS8SwE
>>
https://youtu.be/Tl0FrIlbD3o
>>
File: 711p9WnMZCL.jpg (218KB, 907x1360px) Image search: [Google]
711p9WnMZCL.jpg
218KB, 907x1360px
>ctrl-F
>no Passport to Magonia

c'mon son
>>
This is the best documentary, it's in Irish but has subtitles. Well worth a watch

https://youtu.be/9eSgC6DJ09Q
>>
>>17902250
Thank you for this. A good storyteller is always curious. I loved it.
>>
>>17902307
Get his book, linked in >>17891170.
>>
>>17902290
>c'mon son
You are correct of course. This book properly links aliens with fays--hence it was sleeping inside my UFO folder.

Not perfect, but it is the best scan I found.
Published by Contemporary Books.

https://a.pomf.cat/xseber.pdf

Do you have a scan of the edition in your image?
>>
>>17900908
Well, most people who encounter monsters do so in a casual way, I mean, like crossing nearby someone in a city. Of course, this alone can be very scary for some people, and then there are the longer meetings, which are even rarer than the short ones.
Meetings with monsters are rare; most people will go through their entire lives without meeting one.
>>
>>17904596 was intended for >>17900914.
Now, there are certain areas where sightings are more common, the so called "windows" mentioned by the UFO community (I'm sorry to say that the gray aliens people are seeing are "just" the fays playing their old pranks). Look for nearby UFO reference and try your luck.
The link below lists some circumstances associated with fairy sightings. However, you should follow the advice in that page instead: "According to tradition these associations rarely end well. Perhaps then the question should be how do I avoid fairies? However, as you’ve clicked on this link, you deserve a proper answer to a dangerous question."
With the disclaimer posted, here it is:

http://www.fairyist.com/what-is-a-fairy/how-do-i-meet-a-fairy/
>>
File: Pulp Art Fairyland.jpg (87KB, 444x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp Art Fairyland.jpg
87KB, 444x640px
I really want to go here...
>>
>>17904790
I should mention all of it is an illusion projected into your mind. If you go there, your physical body dies, but then, who knows? You might like there, you see, people were horrified to get stuck in fairyland because they would be souls away from the glory of Christ. I don't see this really being a problem for someone who's posting on 4chan...
>>
>>17901386
Interesting. Tell us more.
>this is your response
>>
>>17901502
You don't have to go to a forest to see them. They are everywhere.
>>
>>17902290
SPACE IS NOT REAL.
>>
>>17904790
Drugs
>>
>>17904790
But once you're in they drop the shiny masks and you're in some sort of hell.
>>
File: dont be afraid 04.jpg (13KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
dont be afraid 04.jpg
13KB, 575x323px
>>17899908
I don't know, man, but I love that segment. It's a very fae thing to do.
>>17900305
Link is what he's replying to.
>>17900850
>I didn't watch the documentary
That was your first mistake.
>>17901502
Searching for fairy's what?
>>17901514
It's a very weird feel, yes. I don't even really trust the Christian belief in their god, but so help me, I would never do anything to piss off a fairy.
>>
Do you guys have aby info about fae familiars?
>>
>>17906032
Any*
>>
>>17905019
this scared the shit out of me
>>
>>17888004
https://youtu.be/I4oxrTSRkC0

You need to practice on the little lies to believe the big ones.
>>
File: thumbnail_42347.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_42347.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
The brain fuggler... is the worst.
>>
>>17904808

Remember, normal people dont like anything and dont really have hobbies or passions or anything other than carnal shit like sex or soccer, thus Christ gives them a purpose, if you have hobbies and shit, fairies get an interest on you since you are kind of like them.
>>
>>17906060
Stay woke, anon.
>>
File: crocker112.jpg (22KB, 496x369px) Image search: [Google]
crocker112.jpg
22KB, 496x369px
Could it be possible to capture one?
>>
>>17906284
Amen to that!
>>
>>17888458
Zeus fucked people all the time though.
>>
if that shite was real that would be the biggest troll pulled by God ever...

... and they are all professing Calvinists
>>
>>17906541
Zeus was a incubus so we're most of the heros
The question is why haven't they had anymore children this era.
Where's Jesus 3.0
>>
>>17906545
Probably shitposting on the chans somewhere.
>>
>>17900908

what did it look like?
>>
>>17908115
see
>>17900938 since i already posted a reply. Not blowing you off just its easier to link to the response I already made.
>>
>>17888004
>the Wee Folk?
>Wee Folk
>Wee
No idea, but I'd be offended if someone called me that.
>>
>>17908405
It's Irish don't blame!
>>
>>17908418
>offended
>blame
Pick one.
>>
>>17908418
I thought the actual Irish considered it offensive to the Good People.
>>
>>17889199
What you said about them appearing as multicolor balls intrigues me.
This doesn't happen so often anymore, and only started a few years ago, but there are times at night when I see glowing yellow/orange and sometimes blue/green balls of light dance around on the walls and ceilimg of the room I am in.
It usually only happens when I am in a certain mindset, like resonating at a higher frequency and feeling something love. Thus only happens while sober though. The lights have always given me a sense of security and safeness, as if things are going to be alright.
They move independently of my eyes. When I look at a different side of the room, I can see out of the corner of my eye that they are still doing their thing in the same spot, dancing on the ceiling and traveling the walls and back up again. They never float into the room, they appear strictly on the walls.
The last time this happened was about 2 weeks ago. I was trying to go to bed, laying with a girl who I feel is my soul mate. She knew it was happening to me for some reason. The last time before that, I was laying on the ground with her about a year ago, and that time I could see in the carpet what looked like a grid of energy pulsing below us. The pattern was like cracks in pavement, or like uneven cells. Occasionally the energy would burst through a pin sized hole and the light shined through carpet.
For whatever reason I have always called these lights my "faries". Almost as a joke. But only recently have I looked into it and found that they are considered "sprites", meaning faries, and they are called sparkles by some other people who see them.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just find this very interesting as I feel like it could be true. Do you have any knowledge of these kind of sights? Thanks for all the info you've given already btw.
>>
It's the best type competitively and some of the best Pokémon belong to that type
>>
How do I see fairies. Do you have to have schizophrenia?
>>
>>17908589
Don't even joke about that anon.
>>
>>
>>17888004
yall want faeries to help you gotta become a feminist
>>
http://disinfo.com/2009/12/icelandic-elf-sex-video/
>>
File: 1464132897907.jpg (386KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1464132897907.jpg
386KB, 3008x2000px
>>
File: selena-gomez-tinkerbell-3.jpg (58KB, 359x476px) Image search: [Google]
selena-gomez-tinkerbell-3.jpg
58KB, 359x476px
>>
File: 1511A61011 15.jpg (419KB, 2112x2816px) Image search: [Google]
1511A61011 15.jpg
419KB, 2112x2816px
>>
File: tbell_thread.jpg (111KB, 452x679px) Image search: [Google]
tbell_thread.jpg
111KB, 452x679px
>>
File: 1464524507130.png (3MB, 1339x1905px) Image search: [Google]
1464524507130.png
3MB, 1339x1905px
>>
File: king brian.gif (467KB, 349x257px) Image search: [Google]
king brian.gif
467KB, 349x257px
>>17891170
You motherfucker. I almost missed this post.

Thank you so goddamn much, I've been looking for this everywhere. The instant I see it in a bookstore I'm liable to buy it, but just being able to read it is the best thing to happen to me all month.
>>
>>17912019
Oh. And while I'm here, I should have also responded:
>>17888378
Thank you as well. Poor quality is no big deal for me if it's valuable subject matter, and bakemono are just as fascinating as fairies. Added it to my folder too.
>>
>>17899400
I was really surprised by how good that was, loved the depiction of magic in that show, like something that doesn't belong in the hands of humans.
>>
File: 1467958945519s.jpg (3KB, 110x125px) Image search: [Google]
1467958945519s.jpg
3KB, 110x125px
>>17888177
>>
File: tumblr_novn06SpE11qhxboco1_540.gif (2MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_novn06SpE11qhxboco1_540.gif
2MB, 540x302px
>>17912096
Yeah. The book is even better, but I definitely enjoyed the series.
>>
File: 1434628324729.jpg (27KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1434628324729.jpg
27KB, 270x270px
>>17891170
>>17912019
>only 1 page
>title page
>useless to me
Oh. Well, now I'm not so happy.

I had my whole night planned to read that book, and it took me all of five seconds.
>>
>>17912176
A-HA! Got it!

Somehow it's broken when I try and read it on my phone, tried two readers and tried re-loading onto phone, and re-downloading to load in a fresh version, and nothing.

But found an epub reader for the computer, and it seems to be working okay-ish.

Still very distressing, but at least I can waste my night properly.
>>
>>17906545
Where was Jesus 2.0??
>>
>>17912770
You do know how Jesus arrived and improved Jewish law, right?
There's this guy who came and improved Jesus' law. Same process. Greet Muhammad, Jesus 2.0.

This is not a troll post. Here's a Wikipedia quote:

"The Quran assumes familiarity with major narratives recounted in the Biblical scriptures. It summarizes some, dwells at length on others and, in some cases, presents alternative accounts and interpretations of events."
>>
>>17913247
>assumes familiarity
>assumes
>>
>>17908486
Fays can be experienced with "etheric vision" and also in the astral level. Both methods have a distinct uncanny feeling associated to them (the so called Oz factor; look for it on Google).

I don't remember where I read about it (probably Keel or Vallee), but sometimes these balls or ovoids also appear, despite what I said, as normal light, which you can see and photograph. Often they appear as blue balls that "go down" through the spectrum until they become red and disappear.

This phenomenon is dangerous. It's "downshifting frequency", and it starts outside human vision range, as ultraviolet rays, which is bad and can cause skin burns which are associated sometimes with these UFOs or what you call it, or worse, they start at gamma ray frequency and in this case they cause "radiation poisoning".

So, here you have something that can be recorded. For some reason, these fireballs are common nearby zones with intense tectonic activity (earthquakes). People often see them as flying balls doing impossible maneuvers. Side note, since those balls (and many UFOs too) don't do the famous "supersonic boom" when flying, they are not solid objects.

And second note, the two phenomena may be unrelated. It's much more common for fays to appear as illusions with humanoid look (grays, little people, whatever).
>>
>>17912282
Note to self, always remember to put a note to use Calibre to read epub files on a computer.

>>17908589
I'm not sure how to reply to this, but no, because you can sorta develop it. You enter different mental states to experience the non-material beings, and some of these states look a lot like insanity. Astral travel, for example, is dangerous. I remember reading in a manual by some idiot that rarely he traveled spontaneously during improper moments; there was some comment about you not wanting to be with him when he was on the driver's seat.

And beyond this, like I said a million times in this thread, contacting fays is dangerous.

DANGEROUS WITH A CAPITAL DEE.

Get one of many books on Amazon, after you read all the negative reviews for them. Maybe you would like to try the book mentioned in >>17892885. You are on your own, the only advice I can give you is to be courteous with whatever you meet, and remember, the only thing we can be sure about these non material beings is that they also are able to tell lies.

Please don't become the cover story on a random issue of the most infamous tabloid in your country (INTERNET HELLHOLE GUIDE MADE ANON FIND GRUESOME EARLY DEATH). Be careful, and godspeed.
>>
I have been meaning to ask about this but do fairy rings have any significance? You know, those mushroom rings.

I practice magick and have been burying things in a field near my house, when things require to be buried of course. I have been going to that field for many different purposes all of my life, and not once have I seen a fairy ring. A few days ago I was going for a walk and I saw one. It was new, it was a circle of dead grass with young mushrooms starting to grow in a ring pattern around it.

What is a fairy ring?
>>
>>17914513
Just a natural phenomenon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

>>17914493
You might prefer to try, or also read, this book:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1892137097
Unfortunately I don't own a copy of it.
>>
>>17914542
>>17914513
On second thoughts, given the amount of folklore related to it, maybe the fairies like those rings, just because what makes them is known it doesn't mean the fays don't like to go there.
>>
had a friend tell me about a dream of faeries recently.
malevolent ones.
basically, they would eat you, and only specific flower pedals could save you because the faeries viewed them as sacred.
i dont know much about faeries though.
>>
All hail the Queen!
>>
>unironically drew made-up sigils in the dirt outside my house as a kid to summon faires and fuck them
I was a weird lad
>>
>>17915255
Checked.
Also, you think you are special? Didn't you see all those succubus threads here? It's the same shit, except the fae are even more dangereous
>>
>>17915417
I didn't even think to check my post number, oh boy this is the highlight of my day
>Also, you think you are special? Didn't you see all those succubus threads here? It's the same shit, except the fae are even more dangerous
True. I wonder if they're doing it out of pure hope like I was or if they're fully delusional.
>>
>>17915479
>I wonder if they're doing it out of pure hope like I was or if they're fully delusional
Desperate neckbeard wizards? It's better than delusions. Sometimes, when times are dire, we do desperate things.
>>
>>17888004
I'm a fairy. Ask me anything.
>>
>>17915812
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
>>
>>17914493
>Calibre
? Alright.

I'm so used to having no trouble on my phone though, it's awkward.

>>17914907
>flower pedals
>i dont know much about faeries though.
Welp...
>>17915812
What's a fairy doing on a computer? Why would a fairy accept the term "fairy"?
>>
YAAASSSS?
>>
>>17915850
No. Just no.

>>17916363
We are just like you, we do everything you do. We don't like the term fairy, but it's the team prescribed to us.
>>
>>17916771
Why is it no?
>>
>>17888004
Confused memories of aboriginal Picts, Druids, Finno Ugrics and Eskimos who formerly inhabited the British isles.
>>
>>17905019
You don't know how much your post changed my views on faeries, man.

Like, I get what the rest are saying about them being dangerous too and shit, but your post hammered it in for me.
>>
>>17888310
>>17888258
>>17888194

oh my god, you guys are all faggots.

there are no little people, only midgets.

all these artistic renderings and fairy tales are simply that, artistic renderings and fairy tales.

fairies are just metaphorical for the spirit of nature, of wilderness, like satyrs and nymphs were to the Greeks.

"fairy land" can be all around you, if you want, but i promise you we are in reality, and there is no tangible fairy land here.

fuck off.
>>
>>17919250
>t. fae with a really cute little keyboard
>>
>>17888310
>>17888317
interesting metaphors and folklore, that's all this is, lad. POST PICS OF FAIRIES OR GTFO

PICS OR GTFO.

YOU WILL FAIL IN LIFE IF YOU INSIST ON FAIRIES BEING REAL IN ANY PHYSICAL SENSE.
>>
>>17919253
IF YOU WANT TO RECLASSIFY ALL HUMANS AS FAIRIES, I AM FINE WITH THAT.

maybe we are all fairies already, whooooaawhoooaaa

sorry for caps lock, too lazy to go back
>>
>>17919259
Ok, how about this, we'll promise to not come bother you guys if you stop shitting up our threads about you.
Deal?
>>
Very well then, I anon do hereby swear to not go seeking the fae, to not disturb them or bother them to the absolute best of my mortal ability, and to respect them and their domain to the utmost should I accidentally stumble into it, and in such a case, to leave as quickly and quietly as possible.
>>
>>17901224

what did it look like?
>>
>>17919250
Your an ignoramus you cunt smelling faggot...
>>
They are beaten race that let themselves fall. If they still, if ever existed, they have no impute on relevance today. Perhaps the last vestige of their ability to touch our world exists in dreams, and I'm sorry to say for them, the people who might have listened to their crap have grown beyond that. Dream has become the sole providence of man. Times change, things die. You live. Move on, grow, learn. What is dead is dead for a reason.
>>
>>17888004
I saw fairies only twice as a child; once when I was hideously depressed due to abuse one winter. Very elegant, no glow or anything and very bony. Three years later I was doing a lot better and saw one pulling a flower, but when I approached it looked terrified so I left it alone trying to be gud.
>>
>>17919254
You can't make pics of them. That's not how it works. Read the source material provided by this anon or decide to stay ignorant.

>>17919507
>let themselves fall
they didn't
>If they still, if ever existed
they do
>have no impute on relevance today
they do
>have grown beyond that
they didn't
>What is dead is dead for a reason
they aren't

You see several accounts of the fae in this thread alone.
There are plenty of regions, where there are persistent encounters. These experiences are more likely to happen in wild and isolated areas and the typical "civilized" human tends to avoid these environments.
Go to Iceland, talk to the natives and go out into the wilderness to known fairy dwellings.
I had an interesting experience in the Alps myself, that made me think about the whole topic from a different point of view.

The encounters with aliens are likely to be a continuation of the presence of these beings in these new times, where nature and natural spirits have become less relevant in most peoples everyday live and instead filled the gap with a more scifi appearance.
They are still there, they are still very much relevant, they (at least some of them) just started to look different.
>>
>>17919891
I wanna see nood pics of our very own fairy queen...
>>
>>17919891
explain to me in simple terms how that is not an obvious evasion.

why no pictures of fairies?
well because they magic and cant be confined by a lens
then how come our eyes see them? our eyes are only lens' too, light entering a camera is the same as light entering an eye.

the only difference is, cameras capture reality, our eyes can be tricked by our brains..

anyone who claims to see a fair, has been tricked by their brains.

and then you'll say, yeah but it was fairies that tricked my brain!

and then i say, why dont we just cut to the common denominator, that its all in your fucking head.

the world is magical and mysterious enough without deluding people, preying on those who are so disillusioned with reality that they have to believe little magic creatures exist.

WE ARE THE MAGIC CREATURES.

why the fuck would fairies, supposedly mythic lil magic creatures that have been around since the history got started, why the fuck would these fairies predict the camera of the technology and find some way to not be able to be photographed?

how is this "no pics because fairies cant be fucking camera snapped" argument not seen as lazy, self-serving logic?

look, im all for myth, for stories, for legends, and i think the magic of stories and metaphor is truly that, magical. but fairies are just a metaphor for the spirit, the life of the wilderness.

i know im not preaching to anyone who will be converted, so this is all just me feeling superior to you fairy dweebs, but im having a bad day and feel like shitting on the fantastical dreams of others.

we dont think the natives of america see shit in the woods just cus they do.

youre projecting the brains power of fantasy and imagination into the physical, why is the magic of imagination not enough for you?

you need there to actually be little mammal creatures with fucking mosquito wings to feel good about yourself.

>>17919478
why would i smell like cunt if i was a faggot?
>>
File: ayy.jpg (64KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
64KB, 1024x768px
>>17919924
I get your reasoning, I really do. A few years back, I would have probably said something quite similar.

The basis of these kinds of argument is a exclusive materialistic world view.
>If I can't touch, photograph or measure it, it doesn't exist.

The alternative to the exclusive materialistic world view is that there are other "planes" of existence that are of an energetic nature and not easily observable with our normal consciousness.
It is however possible to shift your consciousness to these other levels of reality and become aware of what normally lies beyond the perception of simple naked monkeys.

There is the question, whether all of this is product of your mind or external reality.
I have no proof for it that would convince any dedicated materialist, but my own experiences and a vast amount of folklore around the globe that has a lot of common views an this matter leads me to favour the non-materialistic view.

I am not saying it is like that and I know everything about it. It is just what I consider to be the most convincing possibility.

I am not saying all this, because I want "little magical creatures with cute wings" to be real. I had a hard time reflecting myself and my world view for many times and this is what I consider to be the most likely, given the information I have at the moment.

This post sums it up pretty well IMO
>>17889199
(btw, thank you very much for all the valuable literature anon!)

I am not sure how much the fae might be able to materialize themselves physically. Some encounters leave behind physical traces, UFOs are detectable with radar... maybe it IS possible to take a photo? I don't know and I have yet to see a convincing example.
>>
>>17916771
Are you just homosexual or something?>>17919250
Fairies aren't necessarily little. Or even metaphorical. (Many may even be ghosts.) >>17919254
>>17919259
None of us are fairies, m8.
>>17919254
>>17919924
>POST PICS OF FAIRIES OR GTFO
>why no pictures of fairies?
Can't say "no" pictures," but I'd be willing to bet it's because they don't fucking want to be photographed.
>anyone who claims to see a fair, has been tricked by their brains.
>and then you'll say, yeah but it was fairies that tricked my brain!
>and then i say, why dont we just cut to the common denominator, that its all in your fucking head.
Oh gee, maybe LSD isn't what causes us to go on an acid trip, either, maybe it's just our own miiinds~
>WE ARE THE MAGIC CREATURES.
Are you actually retarded?

Listen, I'm not saying doubt and skepticism are bad things... but unless you actually study something, your criticisms come off as a bit sad.

Like ghosts, there are loads of stories about fairy encounters. Usually "friend of a friend" types of things, but also firsthand accounts. Now, are you honestly saying that every single one of them is just cracked or imagining things, or just stories of fucking metaphors?

Believe me, I understand, there's a load of stupid shit in this board, and a load of stupid shit to do with fairies, as well. But unless you know, you don't know. You know?

>>17918239
Now that's the first sensible argument against fairies I've actually seen in this thread. Not so sure about Eskimos, and it also doesn't quite explain the ghost stories, but at least it's properly academic. ESPECIALLY with the Picts.

Picts, Pixies, it's not that far of a leap. Plus a lot of their behavior could explain the stories of changelings and kidnappings.
>>
>>17919253
Awwwww
>>
>>17919924
>our eyes are only lens' too
Single most ignorant statement in this thread.
>>
>>17920326
>little magical creatures with cute wings
Well if nothing else we still have dragonflies. That'll have to do for now.
>>
File: fairy.jpg (197KB, 559x324px) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
197KB, 559x324px
Here is a pic of a fairy (I think) on my roof....if not a fairy, then what is is?
>>
>>17919891
Please take a look at the pic below ---- fairy on my roof.....did not see this until I uploaded to pc from camera......interesting, at least.....17920637 post
>>
>>17920793
>below
>below
What.
>>
>>17920800
sorry...pc is slow.....fairy pic above post 17920637
>>
I absolutely love fairies and I'm studying them as part of my degree. Willing to share and answer questions about creepy Irish stories if anyone is interested.
>>
File: buttons.jpg (58KB, 766x616px) Image search: [Google]
buttons.jpg
58KB, 766x616px
>>17888068
You turn into a big ass spider lady
>>
>>17921160
what is the song "Auld Lang Syne" all about?
>>
>>17921160
>I'm studying them as part of my degree.

???
>>
>>17921160
how terrific they are actualy, a they complete monsters?
>>
>>17920437
Let me direct you to some pages of the Monsters book, regarding some of your points.
>Many may even be ghosts.
Page 91:
Most of the Celtic countries of northwestern Europe are full of Faery legends. In Brittany—the Celtic region of western France, where most people speak a language closely related to Welsh—these same stories appear; in the Breton versions, though, the role of the fays is filled by ghosts, and in place of the Faery monarchs of Irish lore one hears of Ankou, the King of the Dead. The dead of Brittany and the sidhe, or Faery folk, of Ireland have the same characteristics, do the same things, and populate the same stories; it’s just that one branch of the Celts identifies them as nonhuman beings, while another identifies them as human ghosts.
>>
>>17920437
>"friend of a friend" types of things
There's a nice word for those stories, "foaflore" (Friend Of A Friend LORE)

>Confused memories of aboriginal Picts, Druids, Finno Ugrics and Eskimos who formerly inhabited the British isles.
Page 104-106 (read "The Firstcomers" section).

Here's a copy of the Monsters book in mobi format, which should be compatible with software available for most phones:
https://a.pomf.cat/ftwfej.mobi
>>
>>17921457
Read the stories in the book posted in >>17891170 and weep. Remember to use Calibre to read this book on a computer [ https://calibre-ebook.com/ ]
>>
>>17921500
Again, on the confused memories of older peoples, here's a TL;DR version: Yes, it's perfectly possible that those memories contaminated fairy lore.

You really, really should read the whole book, without skipping parts, or at least Part One and then the "Creatures of Faery" section.

All the books posted in >>17888147 are essential reading; choosing some of them as best is like Neil Gaiman said: "Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you'd most like not to lose."

Side note: "An Encyclopedia of Fairies" is a hell of a drug, like Wikipedia or TV Tropes. Entries contain "links" to other ones, IN ALL CAPS. You might be stuck there for days, specially if you buy a paper version of it.
>>
>>17920437
>Are you just homosexual or something?
Correct, the best kind of fairy no?
>>
>>17921324
That's Scottish, I'm Irish. Sorry.

>>17921428
Yeah Folklore is one of my modules. We cover fairies because it was essentially the religion of our ancestors.

>>17921457
People genuinely believed that they affected every aspect of their lives. Small offerings of milk, bread and whiskey were left outside to please the fairies. You didn't make something without leaving a little outside, that was ASKING for trouble.

The location of where houses were built, what time people went outside, what days of the year were safe to go outside, what clothing people wore...it was all to accommodate the fairies who people believed weren't visible to the human eye but were the same height as humans and lived in trees, rivers, lakes and hills.

They were believed to steal human children and replace them with their own, drive people insane if they so much as came near their "fairy rings" or ate fruit from "their" trees, grant special powers (usually of divination or healing) to humans who were good to them and stalk those who weren't.

If you were good to them, they'd reward you. If you so much as left the house at the wrong time of day, you feared for your life. They were 100% monsters to people who feared them.
>>
File: cover.jpg (171KB, 529x847px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
171KB, 529x847px
>>17906032
>Do you guys have aby info about fae familiars?

Here's a link to Emma Wilby's "The Witch's Familiar and the Fairy in Early Modern England and Scotland". If you like this then follow up with her book in the pic.

http://docdro.id/AdIJBXk
>>
>>17923009
Any stories about sex with faes? How do they feel about fairies of the homosexual variant?
>>
>>17888004
I have a friend who is really big on this sort of stuff. the tales of fairies are really warped today, but as far as i know they were once the fayfolk, creatures of legend in ireland.

they were people like you and i, but had a deeper connection to the world, and were more spiritual beings. there are loads of stories you can look up, but the reason my friend is into it is because he would wake up every night as a kid and hear the words 'etaine bri leigh' in his head over and over.

for the time ive known him (a long time) it always bothered him, and one day he found out that etain was a famous character of myth, and brie leigh was a supposed 'fairy' castle.

im hugely summarising here, but we went to ireland last year in search of this place and didnt find it, but got damn close- we could tell.
there are still historical, celtic, sights in ireland- and may of them are underground rooms or fortresses. amazing stuff really.

i imagine the word fairy means a lot of things though, it seems to be an umbrela term for all sorts of otherworldly beings that have passed beyond legend.
>>
>>17921160
>>17923009
How the hell can I get to do that for a degree?
>>17921476
Alright then.

>>17921500
I have it. Although... "foaflore" doesn't really cover the firsthand accounts.

>>17922386
I don't know, I happen to like the other kind.
>>17924168
>Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits
Shit. I found a torrent for that but it's been taking ages to download. 0 seeds most times I'm actually running it. And my bookstore is shit for quality occult books - and the mythology and folklore section is maybe a shelf at best. It's pathetic, and it's why I wish I could set up my own brick and mortar bookstore. Also because fuck Amazon.
>>
File: Woof.png (10KB, 424x497px) Image search: [Google]
Woof.png
10KB, 424x497px
>>17920637
For you anon.
>>
>>17924733
Not that guy, but that's a really cute picture!
>>
>>17924688
Foaflore is not for the first hand accounts, of course. It is quite useful to avoid saying "friend of a friend type of story".

>>17924168
Thanks for the article. Do you also have other material you would like to link here?

>>17914458
I have to retract the "and also in the astral level" part here. My bad. Fays are etheric entities. And the multicolored balls part is in the image posted in >>17889199, though etheric vision would be accompanied by the so called Oz factor.

>>17924591
I don't think the sex of the human part matters. Read the image in post >>17888450.

>>17924688
Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits is available on Library Genesis.
http://bookzz.org/md5/CBCC78FEB226B33965FB06AD611D9781
>>
This reminds me of the stories my grandmother told me.

Here in our little island in SEAsia, we have similar stories and I find that really interesting (Did these stories/folklore spring independently or influenced/carried by westerners? Makes me wonder).

When my grandmother was a kid, she used to live in a remote area near the mountains. They would forage sometimes and she said people would always be cautious, she and her mother included, saying things like "please excuse us, we are only passing by" or "we'd like to ask some of these (foraged fruits and such)".

They believed in these otherworldly beings called "di ingon nato" (or "not like us" in English).

I can't remember if it was my grandmother or someone else who lived near them, who found neatly planted vegetables in their remote foraging area. My grandmother says to this day that it was odd for those vegetables to grow in there, that it was such a remote area, and they were vegetables that wouldn't grow there on their own. Of course they entertained the idea that it was possibly planted by a human, but still they asked nicely to no one in particular just in case.

Fae stories here are also about how the fae people can be dangerous. Not a lot of nice stories about them. It's mostly how you could upset them and how mean they can be.
>>
>>17925074
>Did these stories/folklore spring independently or influenced/carried by westerners? Makes me wonder
It depends on who you ask. Skeptics would point you to the "cultural source hypothesis". For another answer, which considers that the beings exist, there's this thread.

Actually both are right. There is some degree of made up stuff added on top of the real underlying phenomenon of the fairies. The way you see them is strongly local, but they share some common features. They have aversion to iron, can't cross running water, and are very easy to upset.
>>
Okay, settle this argument for me. A dullahan is a fairy yes? Not an undead thing.
>>
>>17888004
Aztec and Mayan cultures had something similar to fairies.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alux
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaneque
>>
>>17925201
Wikipedia says so.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dullahan
>The Irish dullahan (also Gan Ceann, meaning "without a head" in Irish) is a type of unseelie fairy.
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg (34KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg
34KB, 550x550px
>>17888177
And dubs, kek be praised.
>>
File: 1412306610450.jpg (23KB, 727x583px) Image search: [Google]
1412306610450.jpg
23KB, 727x583px
>>17925244
Kek wills it.
>>
>>17925092
>but they share some common features. They have aversion to iron, can't cross running water, and are very easy to upset.

In our local folklore, i have never heard of the iron and water thing, but maybe that's just me. It's all just about nature, how they easily get upset, spirited away/kidnapping babies, and not stepping on their homes.

But yes I find it very interesting how there are a lot of common features in fae stories worldwide.
>>
>>17924688
Try leaving an offering with the torrent URL.
>>
>>17924947
Or you could just say folklore like everyone else.
>>
>>17925927
Honeyed milk and whiskey?
>>
>>17924591
That's not a thing. Fairies avoid contact with humans as much as possible.

>>17924688
Study Irish language and culture lol. Most of the material we use is in Irish or Gaidhlig.
>>
File: 304032016O720.jpg (213KB, 1024x817px) Image search: [Google]
304032016O720.jpg
213KB, 1024x817px
>>
>>17889378
That's cerronos or however your spell it
>>
I just want to say, I love how much faerie info this thread has given me.
>>
File: brian-froud-8.jpg (132KB, 555x828px) Image search: [Google]
brian-froud-8.jpg
132KB, 555x828px
>>17927130
No shit. Wasn't sure what else to post at the time though.
>>17926653
>Study Irish language and culture lol.
Sounds like fun, I could get into that.
>>17925201
>>17925229
Fuck yeah, Dullahan. Totally a fairy. That's the trouble of a lot of people thinking of fairies like gentle nature spirits - they forget the weird shit like him or the púca.
>>17928119
Yeah? That's awesome. It is pretty good to see a thread that doesn't just collapse into shitposting.
>>
>>17928483
>It is pretty good to see a thread that doesn't just collapse into shitposting.
Fairy threads seem to be the most consistent in content quality, and I monitor them all.
>>
So this thread helped me realize I'm Oberon. Couldn't have done it without you /x/
>>
>>17930210
So, you the guy I cucked. No hard feelings?
>>
>>17928483
That faery looks so mischievous, I wonder what she's planning?
>>
File: Eva_has_a_point....jpg (83KB, 550x646px) Image search: [Google]
Eva_has_a_point....jpg
83KB, 550x646px
Is this thread still alive?
>>
File: 1461530620722_1.jpg (105KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1461530620722_1.jpg
105KB, 400x386px
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/ffcc130.htm

THIS IS A PURELY ANTHROPOLOGICAL STUDY OF FAIRIES. THEY WERE CALLED THE FAIR FOLK IN ANTIQUITY. THIS IS A VERY COMPREHENSIVE DELINEATION OF FAIRY BELIEFS. THIS GUY GOES AROUND AND INTERVIEWS OLD ASS IRISH AND RURAL ENGLISH DUDES AND GOES HARD. HE WANTS THAT FAIRY KNOWLEDGE AND I THINK HE SUCCEEDS IN OBTAINING IT. PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC. I'M NOT BEING A TURD I'M JUST VERY EXCITED TO HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE FOR ONCE.
>>
File: dog_reaction_pic_29.jpg (241KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
dog_reaction_pic_29.jpg
241KB, 640x635px
>>17932906
A more streamlined version
>>
File: 1427090353407.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1427090353407.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>17932911
Oops forgot the link

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/
>>
I may post The Tree of Enchantment by Orion Foxwood tomorrow if the tread is still up.
>>
>>17913247
No. It's more of a fanfiction/remake. Written in ways to benefit the authors causes and sexual and financial desires.
>>
>>17923009
Scottish/Irish.
Isn't all Gaelic though?
>>
File: IMAG1026.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1026.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>17888004
Here OP and anyone else, read these.
>>
>>17932896
Eva has got to be a changeling
>>
>>17888004
I live in San Francisco and there's fairies everywhere.
>>
I took a class on Irish folklore as part of my minor, and fairies was the majority of what we talked about. I learned some interesting things, like the theory that they're fallen angels in the same way that Mormons think blacks are fallen angels.
>>
>>17934693
>Mormons think blacks are fallen angels
[citation.....

No, you know what? I don't care. Citation not needed.
>>
>>17924688
>I found a torrent for that but it's been taking ages to download.

You can download it here without having to worry about seeders.

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/iuN64Hrz/file.html
>>
File: faery teachings.jpg (46KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
faery teachings.jpg
46KB, 333x499px
>>17933900

I've got an epub of that one. Now I need to find the earlier book that preceded it. You wouldn't happen to have it, would you?
>>
File: sangre5.jpg (20KB, 630x440px) Image search: [Google]
sangre5.jpg
20KB, 630x440px
>>
File: fairyfellersmsdadd.jpg (477KB, 1127x1471px) Image search: [Google]
fairyfellersmsdadd.jpg
477KB, 1127x1471px
>>17888004
Thread needs more Richard Dadd
>>
>>17934907
>I've got an epub of that one.
Could you please post it somewhere?
>>
>>17934993
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Richard_Dadd_-_The_Fairy_Feller%27s_Master-Stroke_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
>>
>>17935341

Here's The Tree of Enchantment. Let me know if you come across The Faery Teachings.

http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/M6zxHLDY/file.html
>>
Bump, for reasons.
>>
>>17890885
>>17892485
>>17892533
It isn't only about the oxygen levels, exoskeletons also aren't effective for larger sizes.
>>
>>17934422
I think I have them in my fairy folder. Not enough hours in a day for all the books I have...
>>
>>17932906
>>17932912
I'm saving the links, thanks
>>
File: KEK.jpg (45KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
45KB, 736x492px
>>17888177
O SHITE WHAT IS UPPETH
>>
>>17888833
i like this story. what was he wearing?

also nice dubs
>>
>>17906548
you dont know how right u are senpai
>>
>>17938294
The square-cube law strikes again!
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.