[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skinwalkers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: sw.jpg (4KB, 300x184px) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
4KB, 300x184px
So i never really considered the possibillity of skinwalkers, i do believe in ghost and aliens and such stuff, so im not completely un-open about this theme, but they just seem kind of too out of place. now im new to 4chan, and suddenly see one skinwalkerreport after another and people seem to generally believe them.

so im asking, are there any legit reports about that stuff? any links to a believable source? or are they just (partly really well written) horrorstories?
and what is your opinion to that theme
>>
I know you might not believe a fellow anon, but i shit you not, these fuck are real. Ive seen one (wish i didnt) and it was 3spoop5meh
>>
Depends on the definition. If we're talking skin walker as the shapeshifting witches, they be bullshit. If we're talking the Rake's spawnlings they're also bullshit because the internet literally spawned them. Just like Slenderman.
>>
>>17887685
if they are simply bullshit why doesnt matter about which ones we are talking? or is there a third option? (no idea what thea rakes spawnlings are, but i mean the stories where they are in the wooods, and some guy goes out, and returns being weird. seemingly slowly learning the language, not really interacting with others except to lure someone alone out occasionally, and when seen pale bony humanoid beings. i heared about the witch ones from old folklore as well though)
>>17887655
what is your story?
>>
>>17887726
Because one bullshit is excusable, its a Navajo myth. Like any other witch, only it mostly shape shifts. Where as the ones people talk about now are all deer/goat heads or people acting creepy. Its a modern story, one birthed from the internet that we should know are just stories.

Sorry about the rake there but that picture seems to be associated with skinwalkers now, even though before it was the rake, and before that it was 'REAL demon caught on footage!'
>>
I've seen this exact creature on Boca chica beach in Brownsville Texas.we thought it was border patrol with night vision goggles till I cornered it against the sand dunes.the fucker stayed ahead of my truck till the exit off the beach then turned into a fucken coyote so yea I believe
>>
Ok fine.>>17887726
I suck ass at green text. But whatever.
>be me
>be 15
>its the dead winter. No snow but cold AsFuck.
>My Dad,His Freiend (carl), and i go to Carls property.
>about 20 acres. Mostly forest.
>BoredAF.jpeg
>We decide to go in the forest and shoot shit. (And no were not rednecks).
>Btw, this takes place around 11:30
>We go to this small clearing that Carl says would be a good spot to shoot(far from house cause his kids are asleep)
>we set up some lights and a couple cheep ass targets.
>right before we start, Big ass snap. Sounds reaeeelly fuqin close.
>Carl said it most likely a branch. But we didnt see shit.
>My dad goes and checks. For some odd ass reason he yells, ANYONE THERE?.
>fuqinAutist.wav
>but wait.
>something fuckin Screams in a raspy ,weird ass voice "ANY ONE THERE?.
>me and carl both scared shitless.
>Dad runs , fuqin sonic mode over to the truck.
>Carl grabs his 9mm
>Hop in the truck.
>BLASTOFF.avi
>half wayz back. In the middle of te fuckin path.
>giant ass hairy thing with horns.
>Carl fuckin rams that shit.
>go back to Carls house
>call cops
>they see the impact that shit had on the truck.
>Fuckers say that we hit a fuqin cayote.
>Go home
>nosleep4weeks.jpg

I didnt know what tge fuq happend that night until i read up on skinwalkers.
>>
>>17887616
I don't think they're real

then again i have seen another spooky/creepy stuff

i live up in the foggy moors of the scottish highlands.
>>
I live near Prague, as you may know there are many woods around here that are supposed to be habit of many different mythological or religious creatures.

I am pretty sure I have seen a skinwalker as well as a as cliché as it gets white-dressed woman who appeared 3 times in the same fashion while we were out camping

I greentexted it a long time ago, i might be able to find it but i wont type it out again
>>
>>17887840
if thats really true something like that would terrify me for life. some shapeshifting predator that plays psychotricks on you? i would probably break the laws of physics because i would poop my pants so hard it would exit my ass faster than the speed of light.

but still thats not really proof for me. if its true i believe its really frustrating you that noone will believe you, and im well aware that if something like that exist without people knowing it is exactly because of this mentality, but for me you are just some random guy on the internet which may or may not tell the truth. thats why i asked for some credible source. but still if it really happened im truly sorry for having something like that happen to you, and for probably noone believing you x)
>>17887763
>>17887840
did you guys tell anyone about it? did people believe you?
>>
>>17887874
great, they are in europe too. hoped that if they are real i would be atleast here in germany save x)
>>17887854
what kind of stuff? its always good to know what might can try to murder you outside
>>
>>17887886
Ya we still talk about it to this day. But of course no one believes us
>>
>>17887983
well, if it makes you happy know that i at least consider it being possible
>>
Skinwalkers exist. Horsehair worms get inside of crickets and make them drown themselves. Toxoplasmosis influences the sense of fear in host rats. They are no longer afraid of the smell of cats, but are attracted to their pheromones. In the wide expanse of space there is no reason to assume that there are not parasites that could similarly effect humans -- and possibly even control a human completely. Aside from that, there are all kinds of legends about fairies stealing children and taking their bodies. Changelings. And I've read more than my fair share of experiences with skinwalkers to know that there is something there.
>>
>>17887616
>skin walkers
bear in mind that skinwalker can mean either mythical Navajo wizards, or internet skinwalkers, which is probably what you're talking about.

they're unrelated, so it makes finding info difficult.

>legit reports

the literature on 4chan skinwalkers literally consists of our green texts.

>are they just (partly really well written) horrorstories?

if you actually go through and read a good 50 or so samples of "skinwalker" stories, you end up realising that they're not quite so related, probably describe different things/creatures, and basically have to be picked apart case by case to get whether they're true or not.

a good majority don't even describe what we typically picture as a "skinwalker". most are "dumb city kids spook themselves and get confused innawoods" stories that are probably "true", but told from an imperfect narrator's POV.
the second majority group of stories have a lot of overlap with Bigfoot stories and don't even feature mimicry for the most part (I.e. big stinking animal harasses a camp, etc). these may be told in earnest too, but then you're just left with classic Bigfoot debunks (I.e. bear with mange, etc).

then you have stories that fit the mythos too perfectly, or have very obvious exposition-rising action-climax-falling action-resolution style plots, or whimsical novelist style writing. these are almost certainly fiction.

currently, I'm doing some number crunching with date stamps, and that's not looking too good for the subject either: the first skinwalker story came out 9/27/12. most stories come from 2013, and peter out in 2015. it looks like a viral trend that got spread, became popular, and then died off as a faux pas to be truthful...
>>
Native here

Skinwalkers are your friend. They just wanna hug your face.
>>
>be me
>over visiting my step dad with my younger brother
>camping in my backyard
>bible, my flask filled with holy water, a portable church and my .50 cal with at the ready
>hear the wind rustling some leaves
>nope.jpg xDDDDDDDDDD
>get out of tent
>shoot leaf
>camping was never the same
>>
>>17889831
Oh my god, are you okay anon?
>>
>>17889885
after months of therapy and greentexting on /x/ i think its safe to say im moving towards a steady recovery
>>
Skinwalkers are essentially the plot of Parasyte
>>
Ok on my experience I didn’t use to believe on skinwalkers, but I’ll tell you, they are real, some time ago I had an encounter with one of them, so I became obsessed with this subject, so I researched about them and I found that they exists in the Americas long before the arrival of European colonists, they are some kind of Indian human-creature.
They not only exist in America but all over Central America as far as I know but they are called differently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagual
>>
>>17888845

seriously, man?
you did your research poorly.
First you mention Navajo Skinwalkers and then you say the first report is from 2012? Are you retarded?

I know for a fact that one of the founding fathers of america wrote an entire letter concerning one of his experiences with skinwalkers. I would really need to dig for that one, but I am sure you will find it if you're interested.

Unfortunately I do not know what founding father it was as I am not interested in americunt "history"
>>
>>17890560
This guy gets it, there have been reports of encounters since ancient times and not only on American story
>>
File: 1466475054921.png (863KB, 1284x1510px) Image search: [Google]
1466475054921.png
863KB, 1284x1510px
Skinwalkers are real, my good friend is Navajo and his family claims that his grandfather was taken by a shifter.

Don't be alone in the woods at night. Best way to avoid a skin walker is to be in a large close group. They are cowardly creatures, but also cruel and cunning.

The most important thing to remember is that skinwalkers never get the pacing of human speech correctly. Tone is usually problematic as well, but some are good at mimicking.
>>
Does anyone know what sound skinwalkers make? Because month ago I had some pretty scary incident in the woods
>>
>>17890660
imagine a big-ass and ugly dog trying to speak in a loud tone
>>
>getting ready for a night fishing
>driving to my favorite spot, have to park my car before the beginning of the forest because of the barrier
>to get to the spot you have to walk around 10 minutes through the woods
>finally get there, getting ready for some fishing as usual
>feeling kinda cold so managed to set up a camp fire
>after few hours around 2:00AM I go to the woods to bring some more dry sticks for fire
>As I stand up some fucking noise came from the forest, did sound very deep and rough
>holyshitwhatthefuck.jpg
>I quickly picked up my fishing knife and flashlight
>As I tried to get closer to that direction where the sound came from it happened again
>Far away I did see some movement in the bushes and then it disappeared
>I was too scared to get back to the car because I had to walk for 10 fucking minutes in fucking night
>Did wait few more hours for sunrise sitting in chair with knife in my hand
>never went for night fishing again, especially alone

Pic is related, took this photo at the beggining of fishing
>>
>>17890560
>the first report is from 2012?
I should have made it more clear then: the first report of a 4chan style skinwalker.

Navajo skinwalkers don't resemble our stories at all.

>founding father
>skinwalker

the founding fathers never had contact with far western tribes like the Navajo and so wouldn't have had any knowledge of their legendary creatures.
>>
>>17890640
>Skinwalkers are real, my good friend is Navajo and his family claims that his grandfather was taken by a shifter.
Definitive proof.
>>
>>17888694
The issue with that is that the parasites mentioned make the host get consumed or die. With skinwalkers, we don't know what they do. What's their motive? If it's natural, it has to have a biological motive.
>>
>>17890093
THE MAXIMUM
>>
>>17889900
>>17889831
Kekd
>>
>>17894268
Part of what makes the stories creepy for me is the way they so commonly want to get people alone and seem to have a bunch of different excuses prepared. It suggests the process is established for them, either as a biological instinct or through established success. Their goal in those stories, where someone gets replaced, seems to be to just make it back to civilization.

Maybe being embedded in human civilization is a way to easily get meat? Especially considering the way we continue to shrink the environment. When a mountain lion can no longer survive in its territory, it lashes out. When a skinwalker can no longer survive in its territory, it integrates into society.
>>
>>17894268
>>17894826
Fleshgaits and skinwalkers are different. Skinwalkers don't seem to kill people, just fuck with them--most of the terrible smell stories are skinwalkers. Fleshgaits are actively aiming to kill and replace humans.
>>
>>17887616
The stories or the skin Walker derived from the wendingo stories of the native Americans...they aren't supposed to show up unless you're disturbing nature which makes about 95% of the he stories here pure fanfiction
>>
>>17887763
We have alot of them in the deserts of Texas mate
>>
I'll tell a story a told in another skinwalker thread just before it went 404. No greentext.

When I was 12 my familly went to the Rocky Mountains part in Montana (I need to check with my dad exactly where).
We were camping and it was summer, so everybody woke up early to do some hiking, but my father as sleepy and told us that we could go but to stay close. Me and my sister, she was 9, went into the woods and after 5 minutes walking we saw a dead deer missing some chunks of flesh, we could see some bones and some fur was moldy. It was dead for a long time, but there wasn't any smell and other deers were near it so I made a loud noise to go near the corpse.
Here is where things go crazy:
As the deers ran away the dead fucker turned his head to look at us, then stood up on the back legs and ran like a biped into the woods.
The whole time we just stood there watching it was very fast. When I realised that some scary shit happened I took my sister's hand and ran back telling my father and my sister as crying a lot. He didn't believe in us.

I didn't remember this until I saw a thread a while ago about skinwalker with a deer in it, then I called my sister to ask if she could remember it and she just freaked out.

Only time I visited US by the way.
>>
>>17896393
Fucking fleshgaits. I hate these pos. I can handle skin walkers, but no no to fleshgaits.
>>
I believe in these fuckers because the mid west is kinda boring and nature doesn't like sterile environments. Especially when it comes to screwing with humans.

Anyway, kinda got a friend of a friend story here I heard a few nights ago. (No greentext because newfag lurker)
So, I'm at a friend's house for a party and we got a bonfire going, and in my theater group I managed to pull up a rep for narrating spooky stories or events, mostly from my few experiance or my friends stories. So, I start off and I'm looking around as I'm narrating my grandmother's creepy ass house and a friend of mine is kinda lounging over across the deck. He's a cool dude, just really quiet. I continue and we eventually swap stories around about creepy shit thats happened to us. One of my good friends finishes up an experience, and I'm surely convened this kids a psycher, or some kinda precog. Suddenly dead air, mainly because lul in stories, other reason was probably because of the intense heat lightning that had just kicked up. Anyway, the quiet friend (let's call him John.) pulls up a seat in front of the fire and starts off, "Actually, I have a story."

Perfect timing, I ran out of stories.

John starts off by saying that this was an encounter his Dad had told him a few years back. And thus it begins.

Johns dad (George) grew up in Michigan, that haunted hell-hole of all places, and was familiar with camping trips and probably seen some innawoods shit in his day. In this particular experiance George is camping in the Texas Thicket with several of his friends at the time. (And to anyone unfamiliar with the Big Thicket, it's fucking huge. Nothing but forest for god-knows-how-long) So, George sets up camp near a river stream with his friends and the first day goes swimminglt, they kick back, have some beers, do a bit of fishing and stories around the fire, you know, the usual outdoor excursion requirements. So, second day rolls around, more of the same stuff.

Nightfall hits.
Cont.
>>
>>17887763
Am from brownsville texas too. Glad to know someone from my town reads up /x/
>>
>>17890640
Christopher Walken, confirmed Skinwalker
>>
>>17897436

Nightfall hits, and Georges friend Cliff decides he needs to take a piss. So he wonders off into the woods for privacy. 5 minutes pass, then 10. George is kinda worried, you know dudes don't take that long normally so somethings up. Maybe he got a bit turned around, no biggie. He let's everyone know that Cliff ain't been back and he's gonna go check for him. So, he grabs a flashlight and plows a straight path through the thickets in a rough approximation of where he thinks his friend went. Within a couple minutes, he here Cliff call out his name. "George!"

Johns father thinks he got a lock on where his name came from, so he follows it. After a minute the same thing happens. "George!" This time from a slightly different direction. He follows as it keeps happening, determined to find his friend. After 15 more minutes of blindly wondering though the woods, he comes upon an almost clearing-esque space. Lo and behold there's cliff standing there, probably got turned around and stopped here to rest or something.

George called out Cliffs name, and his buddy faces him and points to something on the ground, and said, "Hey, George, check this out!" So he pops his flashlight at his friends face, and at this point he's close enough that he can kinda see his eyes and most of his facial features. "Hey, George, check this out!"

At that moment snapping twigs marked the least stealthy predator known, and a hand slapped down on his shoulder. Turns out it was Cliff. He managed "Hey George, what's up?" Aparently he'd been following him for some time through the woods.
"Hey, George, check this out!"
And thats when confusion set in. He shone his flashlight on the other cliffs face, his eyes didn't dilate, and he started twitching and moving his neck at weird angles. Shit was like parkensons. They took off like bats out of hell. Didn't matter where, they just ran. After a bit they found a river, followed it back and hit the camp with everyone and left that fucking place.
>>
>>17897599

After that John just sat back and looked at the fire. I spouted off a bit of skinwalker lore to those who had no idea what had happened that I'd gathered off various places and talked with him about it for a couple minutes before someone else ruined the mood with a story about how they'd peed themselves. Aparently he used to be super into Skin walker and Native American lore and myth untill he heard that story (and I'm assuming more) from his father.
In his own words; "I don't fuck with skinwalkers anymore."

I know skinwalkers are a meme here after the cultural rage a couple years back. So I am kinda cautious when it comes to stories like that. But it does seem to fall in line when compaired to other stories.

Anyway, there's the friend of a friend story.
>>
>>17887616
/k/ likes to have skinwalker threads, but those stories are usually just realistic fiction.
>>
Iv always wanted to see one of these fuckers but sadly i live in wisconsin. I wish it was like if you want to see one it would draw towards you or something. Wisconsin is no fun when it comes to this stuff just ghost's and a crappy werewolf like beast
>>
>>17887616
Pretty sure they're fake, the reports are all very recent (the skinwalkers in Navajo legend are a completely different creature) and afaik they've all been from random people on the internet (unlike, say, UFOs, which have a lot of reputable witnesses). Some of the stories are pretty good though, I'm glad they've replaced Slender Man.
>>
>>17890571
[citation needed]
>>
>>17887616
They're basically /x/ created stories about a couple different creatures that got merged into one thing that's nothing like the stories about Native American Skinwalkers. They combined things like goatmen/deermen with doppelgangers/shapeshifters, and because of the name, people get them mixed up with Wendigos too. There have been attempts to get people to call them "Fleshgaits" with minimal success. I thought "Fleshwalker" would be better, but it never caught on.

tl;dr, they aren't real, just some patchwork greentext monsters /x/ stitched together like Frankenstein's monster that used to be somewhat interesting, but are now overused and done to death.

>really well written

They all follow the same shitty formula now.
>>
So whats up with the navajo skinwalkers? What are their features/abilities/goal? And why are they more credible than the others?Never heared about those
>>
So whats up with the navajo skinwalkers? What are their features/abilities/goal? And why are they more credible than the others?Never heared about those
>>
>>
>>17887616
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>17887874
I am a firm believer European forests are just too tiny for anything spooky to appear in them anymore. Besides the occasional brown bear wandering in. Bears are scary.
>>
>>17900919

It's just about knowing the right places.
also, certain people attract the paranormal.
I'm "lucky" my gf is one of those persons
>>
>>17900937
Well, if the forests around Prague still have spooky things, that's pretty nice. Hungary is pretty much the least spooky country around the world, which is funny, because the amount of death and suffering that took place on this soil in the last thousand years should have the entire country be three times as haunted as the most haunted spots in all of the US.

But then again, maybe we have ghost overcrowding.

...This reminds me, just how haunted are WWI battlefields?
>>
>>17900949
Dont underestimate the bad karma of the USA, it is buildupon thousands of indian cemetaries after all hungary cant compete with that
>>
File: 1465533306126.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1465533306126.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>>17897647
Jesus christ.
>>
>>17900937
No she isn't, stop sticking it in the crazy.
>>
>>17900851
>>17899398
>>17899297

IIRC, they're the navajo version of witch doctors/black magic dudes who are known for their shapeshifting ability.

I might be confusing them with something else, though.
>>
>>17901022
The entirety of Europe is pretty much a battlefield, how can a few native American cemeteries compete
>>
>>17890660
Well, we live in BFE in east TN. My dad was walking my nephews to the bus stop one morning before school. It's a longish walk (right at the one mile mark) down a dirt road. At one point, the road curves to the left, there's an embankment about 8ft high on the left side, Nd the hill cont downward on the right, probably 75ft down and ends at a creek bed. There's a cave entrance (the mouth only being a few ft in diameter). I've never seen this cave, but my dad has walked most of our property, and he's not one to make shit up.
Any way, they're about to start around this curve and my dad says they hear the most horrible scream coming from down the hill. He said it sent chills down his spine. My nephews (being about 7 and 8 years old, freaked the fuck out and both grabbed my dad around the waiste. They said the screaming cont until the got through the curve. Now, my dad grew up in the montains. he's spent countless time camping and hiking. He's heard coyote, mountain lion, bear,....pretty much all the know wildlife in this part of the country, and he said he's NEVER heard anything like this before. Not saying skin walker, but something weird.
>>
>>17897647
This is the first I've heard where the "original" person ended up alive and well. Spooky as shit, though.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.