[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marble Hornets was good, right guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (19KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 500x281px
Marble Hornets was good, right guys?
>>
>>17887298
It was decent. The whole Slenderman thing played itself out pretty hard, but I had fun watching it.
>>
>>17887298
solid 7/10 overall i'd say
>>
>>17887298
It was fun to watch while the videos were being uploaded, but I can't see someone actually binging it or anything.
>>
>>17887298
It's wasn't bad. It inspired a lot of people to make their own ARGs, some of which are actually pretty good...
And some are much, much worse.
>>
>>17887360
I was thinking the opposite. It went on FOREVER and i just got sick of it. I was wondering if I should go back and watch it now that it's done.
>>
>>17887298
There are some good bits

>ski mask guy chasing you through house
>slenderman in basement w/ blacked out
windows

but yea, it did get tedious w the whole now i'm the bad guy stuff.
>>
>>17887298
personally i feel like it really got boring around episode 26-30. it just got way too convoluted.
>>
>>17887385
The problem is that a lot of the entries feel like boring filler, which is fine when combined with the excitement of a new entry, but would be horribly boring if you binged it.
>>
>>17887298
how did it end?
>>
>>17887385
I recently re-visited it as something to watch before bed. It put me right to sleep after 3-4 entries. Take that as you will.
>>
I recommend watching Nightmind's Marble Hornets: Explained. You'll get the whole plot in just a few hours.
>>
>>17888292
everybody's dead except i think tim
>>
>>17888423
This is how I first saw it and I really enjoyed it
>>
>>17888292
It turned out to be a revenge story with a horror backdrop. Everyone died except that one chick and Tim. There was no like, spooky ending or anything, he just says "I'm doing ok."
>>
>>17888614
And then he starts coughing again...
>>
>>17887298
meh it was ok, but it made slenderman look like a bigger deal than it is
>>
File: hQK8tu[1].png (48KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
hQK8tu[1].png
48KB, 196x110px
TribeTwelve is way better

https://youtu.be/QJpUNQ4ZHIY
>>
>>17887298
very cool concept that fell off around the end of the series. lackluster ending, "the ark" turned out to mean absolutely nothing and almost none of our questions got definite answers. imo: first two seasons 9/10, third season 6/10
>>17887307
marble hornets gets an excuse though, it was the first of the slenderman video series

>>17889413
adam's a great editor and a decent actor but the amount of time between recent videos is even worse than marble hornets was and is kind of a hypekiller
>>
>>17887298
I just started watching the other day... I'm on entry #33 and so far I really like it. Its pretty cool, I love found footage type series or movies.
>>
>>17889659
you should probably get out of this thread so as to not spoil it then
>>
Have there been any ARGs about something that wasn't slendsman? Maybe the rake or even WV's mothman
>>
>>17889671
the rake was in everymanhybrid briefly, although that series is/used to be about slenderman as well
>>
>>17888614
I think it was perfect that way. Tim and Jessica are the only survivors, and Tim insists that he's fine now, but the viewers know that even if we don't see it, the Operator is still with him and will be for a long time.
>>
File: 1442014710207.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442014710207.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>tfw Clear Lakes 44
>>
>>17889671
there's been tons. i think the whole concept even predates slenderman.

and was marble hornets even an arg?
>>
I watched up until the videos started becoming 30+ minutes. Really good, fangirls murdered it for me though. Who was the hoodie guy?
>>
>>17889674
Now it's about a demon-possessed redneck, and a guy trapped inside his apartment.
>>
>>17889960
It was, though the Twitter part is kind of hard to follow for people that weren't keeping up with MH during its airing.
>>
>>17889973
Brian.
>>
I watched it while it was still in season 1, I honestly got tired of it when they started characterizing the students and then brought in some pseudo-occult mystery.
>>
>>17890724
yeah i wish the emh guys would update more frequently. i understand that they have lives beyond the series but it's at an important arc right now and 2-3 videos a year is really... bad
>>
>>17890975
Vinney IRL has had computer problems for a while, but he's shown us a bunch of video files on his computer, so they've been filming stuff. They're also planning an EMH Marathon at a cinema, so that must mean something.
>>
Guy who was in the Slenderverse, for me MH was good until the third season, then it got bad.

I know some of the creators to (a lot them actually found Slenderman on /x/, including Jeff from EMH).

Oh, and for anyone who wants to know what happened to CL44:

http://ferretbrain.com/articles/article-1089
>>
>>17889652
they never planned to take it past the first season
>>
What videos should I watch? A friend just recently told me to look into them, but I think it was basically all one guy driving through the woods or countryside without a car radio, all quiet and serious.

A tl;dr of what happened?
>>
>>17891577
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Hornets
>>
>>17891335
fuck, that was honestly kinda depressing to read
>>
>>17887385
same
>>
>>17893943
Yeah, but I don't really care about it anymore since I pretty much stopped watching any of their content once Season 3 was over (Which I hated but finished it cause I was already too into it). Plus the movie that was made sucked.

The guys themselves I don't really follow anymore because:

Troy seems even though all that has happened is acting like it's fine and dandy and he'll start a new series even though no one will probably work for him.

Tim cause he like a hardcore SJW who I'm pretty sure is an actual communist.

Joseph because it looks like he doesn't want to be internet famous anymore and move on with his life.
>>
It was good but they kept dragging it on for such a long time. It was a decent idea and they did some interesting stuff with it but they would have been wise to plan more in advance and cut a lot of shit.
>>
totheark>marble hornets
>>
>>17891335
>Secondly, Troy is still soliciting money for THAC projects via Patreon, and since some of the story involves a certain amount of unethical behaviour surrounding money - genuinely unethical behaviour, not "ethics" in the GamerGate sense of "Succeeding Whilst Female" or "Aiding And Abetting a Woman"

fucking cunt
>>
File: laughingrill.gif (643KB, 245x245px)
laughingrill.gif
643KB, 245x245px
>>17894144
These guys seem like major faggots.
>>
>>17888423
You should see the video of him roasting always watching :a marble hornet's story
>>
>>17894144
Oh boy, GameDropping. This will make their point super valid now.
>>
>>17894144
Yeah, I cringed at that too but it was the best summary I could find on the whole thing.
>>
>>17889413
This, I always loved the artistic direction and sfx of TT.

I liked EMH's "bros facing certain doom" and the past lives shit is really creative, but honestly the Habbit shit got annoying to me. I've never got around to finishing it.

Never got the hype for MH, may because I watched it last, it's interesting in the beggining but it starts to get boring quick. Also never finished.

I guess the problem is really me and ARG-webseries, but still.
>>
>>17894689
Is tribetwelve really that great? I watched the first part of Night Mind's analysis videos on TT and honestly it didn't strike me as anything spectacular
>>
>>17894735
TT started as an Marble Hornets clone in like the first ten videos but gradually got its own identity.
>>
>>17894181
The chick in gif is Hayley Williams from Paramore, boring band, but what a fukken babe
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.