[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can you guys tell me about werewolves? Do they exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: do1_r1_500.jpg (138KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
do1_r1_500.jpg
138KB, 500x478px
What can you guys tell me about werewolves? Do they exist?
>>
sure
>>
>>17886348
And ....... ?
>>
Not anymore, no. No one has the ability to turn into a wolf anymore. This might sound like autistic roleplaying but just take my word for it.

Maybe some day someone will correctly figure out how it was done
>>
>>17886360
Don't want to explain a bit more?
>>
>>17886346
Fuck off, Jacob.
>>
>>17886382
That Jacob guy is already a werewolf, he doesn't need to ask people about it...
>>
>>17886385

>Actually knowing twilight well enough to correct me
>>
>>17886396
I do, yes. I watched two of them in the cinema.

>caring about what other people think

Please.
>>
>>17886402

>I watched two of them in the cinema

Under duress I'd imagine, my sincerest condolences.
>>
When I was a teenager I used to trawl around geocities sites of people who claimed to be werewolves. It was a strange little subculture and there were regularly arguments about whether one could actually physically turn into a wolf (known as p-shifting) or just mentally change (m-shifting).

Unfortunately most of them seemed to move on to the otherkin subculture when that took off, and I think a lot of the websites were purged when geocities was shut down. None of them ever convinced me that they were actually werewolves, but a lot of them were adults and I was definitely convinced that they were convinced.
>>
>>17886602
>geocities
that nostalgia
>>
>>17886346
Wikipedia:
The term "lunatic" derives from the Latin word lunaticus, which originally referred mainly to epilepsy and madness, as diseases thought to be caused by the moon. By the fourth and fifth centuries astrologers were commonly using the term to refer to neurological and psychiatric diseases.

My psychology teacher used to work in a mental asylum and has observed how some patients actually lose it at night. The sight of the moon, especially, makes their behaviour "feral".

I guess werewolves were maybe extreme cases of this?
>>
>>17886346
Yes. Read a book why don't you?
>>
>>17886691
If they are just mentally ill then it hardly counts. Still interesting though.
>>
>>17886427
>>17886402
>>17886396
Jacob is not even a werewolf. Werewolf are mentioned as near-extinct.
Jacob is a native american shapeshifting something.

>Source: I read pulp fiction because it helps me sleep
>>
>Friend told me about one of his ex-coworkers
>He would sometimes howl at the moon
>The coworker was aware that it's a mental condition and not actual shifting to wolf
>Still couldn't stop

Clinical lycanthropy is also a thing
>>
>>17886360
>Thismight sound like autistic role playing
Because it IS autistic role playing!
>>
>>17886382
>tfw there will never be another silent hill game
>>
They can be summoned via satanic rituals, where they will appear out of the puff of an orange cloud. None of the other folklore is true.
>>
File: wolfman.jpg (250KB, 1302x979px) Image search: [Google]
wolfman.jpg
250KB, 1302x979px
>>17886346
>What can you guys tell me about werewolves?
In spite of what most modern depictions show, most early stories of werewolves (like what are implied but never shown in some movies) involve men turning into real, actual wolves. No superpowers, just shapeshifting from man to animal.

There are some incidents of lycanthropy being a curse (like King Lycaeon, from which "lycanthropy" is derived), but many historical cases of suspected werewolves tend to be more akin to sorcerers, who transform at will - often by salve or a belt made of wolf fur, though I don't think this is always the case.

Most stories of werewolves outside of movies don't require silver bullets - any bullet will do, really. Silver is more of a thing for vampires. The confusion can apparently be attributed to the likelihood that a dead werewolf may become a vampire.

>Do they exist?
Well, now, that's a whole other issue, isn't it? I personally lean towards a cautious "No." At least, outside of mental illness, I'm liable to say no, but I don't think I'd ever rule out the possibility.

>>17886731
Any recommendations? I found "The Book of Were-Wolves" by Sabine Baring-Gould, and I don't think I've ever seen anything better for a rational analysis of the phenomenon, spanning everything from myths to actual trials.
>>
>>17886385
He is looking for gf yo.
>>
When I was young, in like middle school, I was sure werewolves were real. I used to walk down to the local library and find all the books related to werewolves and their lore. I tried to find and research all the ways people used to become one. (E.g. drinking from a wolf's paw print, doing rituals during a full moon, wearing the pelt of a wolf, etc.) I even wrote a letter to Satan asking to become one and signed it in my blood.

And you know what I'm still not one. Satan really dropped the ball. I gave up once I hit puberty. Started to chill out a bit on the occult interest.

Super lame though. If there was anything in the world I wish I could be, it'd be a werewolf. I just want to be a Peter Stumpp kinda motherfucker, uncontrollable murder beast.

If anyone has any good werewolf literature, fiction or non, you should post.
>>
File: 1457016630160.jpg (19KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1457016630160.jpg
19KB, 300x188px
>>17886396
>Hey guys have you seen twilight like me?
>>yeah I have
>wtf I can't believe you actually watched that shit
>>
>>17886346
were wolves are a attempt to demonize pagan tribes who refused to convert. in some cases they wore animal furs and horns believing it gave them power

they would fight here and there in the past with the christians. night raids are a thing. people running in terror from the attacks wouldnt know what they saw because they just ran and it was dark

the end
>>
You guys should probably check out this:
>>17889823
>>
>>17886346
idk but I know a lot of people who act like werewolves when they're drunk
>>
>>17886346

They don't exist anymore. But they used to.

They were a kind of highly intelligent wolf, about the size of the old dire wolves, and dominated the plains of northern Europe. They couldn't change shape but they were definitely on the same level of intellect as primitive man, with rudimentary thumbs (wolves have a vestigial thumb, but werewolves kept theirs). They made clothing out of the pelts of animals with thicker fur, since their own was very thin and sparse. It's probably why ancient man thought they were humans turning into wolves.

But it was their lack of real dexterity that kept them behind, otherwise they would have dominated the planet, and some young werewolf would be going on a lupine painting board asking about humans. Instead, they got shafted by a harsh ice age and the rise of omnivorous humans that outcompeted them.
>>
>>17889873
>>17889755
Source?
>>
>>17889853
Why would we wanna entertain some faggot role playing?
>>
>>17889863
beer wolves. a rambunctious bunch they are.
>>
>>17889755
lycanthropy/shapeshifting is not exclusive to european "folklore"
it's "huge" in africa for instance, or so I've read
>>
>>17886346
>Do they exist?
I'm not sure. If they do, they're pretty good at hiding. My grandmother claimed to have seen one in the 50s and I've always felt that she was an honest person, so maybe they do/did exist?
>>
>>17886346
The more you dance and run, the more you sweath and so the skin get more sticky to your body, taking your shape. This helps to get the spirit of the wolf in you. The same with the bear.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.