[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1435971843327.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1435971843327.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Hello, you will have to bare with me because I don't usually go on /x/ but I didnt really know where else to ask. Last night I was camping in Northern California about an hour away from truckee and some really weird shit went down. I was camping with 8 people including me. We were camping in a meadow surrounded by trees with a lake close to camp about 3 minutes away. I camped for three nights and they were pretty normal until i reached the last and final night. On the final day I felt like I was being watched. I couldn't tell from where but I had a strong sense of dread ever since I woke up that day. That feeling carried on until that night where really weird shit went down. Around midnight I was woken up by what sounded like footsteps coming up from the lake through the forest. They were on all fours and it didn't sound like an animal walking. The steps were very irregular and sounded like something that doesn't normally walk on four legs decided to give it a try. Next to my tent were some coolers that we left by a stump that had our food and drinks that we brought with us and whatever came up through the forest went there first. Thats when I heard it. It started making a sound like it was wheezing but not out of breath. It was like it was laughing and wheezing at the same time. It was really fucking weird and it kept making that sound the whole time it was there. I kept quiet and didnt leave my tent because I didnt have a weapon on me and my flashlight was on the table outside. Eventually an ant or something bit my leg and I twitched and since i was laying on an air mattress it made a kind of loud noise and what ever was pillaging our coolers heard it. It started wheezing really fucking loudly and alot faster and it started waddling over to my tent. The footsteps were heavy like a humans it was not a fucking raccoon or a bear. It got within a foot of my tent and started wheezing again. Then I smelled this really strong smell, it smelled like metal and filth.
>>
As soon as I smelled this I lost all thought and just kind of layed there mindless for a second. I snapped out of it when my friend who was in a tent next to me got out to piss (im guessing). The wheezing picked up again and moved in that direction and it was LOUD. My friend I finished what ever he was doing and went back in his tent and the wheezing stopped for like 20 minutes. Then it picked up again right next to the coolers. Eventually it went back into the forest and i was to spooked to sleep. I asked all of my friends the next morning and they said they didnt hear shit. I asked my friend who was in the tent next to me but he said it was probably a bird and shrugged it off. We left an hour later and I don't think that was any type of animal. I went to the coolers and everything was moved around but it wasnt thrown around everywhere like an animal got into it. It was like it was looking for something. Like I said I'm sorry if I sound stupid I just didnt know where else to go. I thought that maybe one of you would know what this thing was.
>>
Can't read blocks of text.

Won't read blocks of text.
>>
>>17884079
God you faggots are lazy.
>>
>>17884103
Says the guy too lazy to put in a line break here and there.
>>
Sounds like a homeless guy, honestly. I used to work in a courthouse and all the bums that used to come in for their drunk in public tickets smelled like copper and garbage.
>>
Holy shit that's terrifying... if I were you I'd go to church or something and get blessed, especially since no one else you camped with saw or heard the wheezing thing.
Ain't nobody got time fo' demons.
>>
>>17884126
Maybe, but we were way out in the boonies so that would be pretty far for a hobo
>>
>>17884126
we were pretty far out in the boonies for hobos but It could have been one
>>
Op here. sorry if my replies get fucked up. We are driving home and my service is really spotty so I might fuck up replies becuase I dont think they went through
>>
>>17884073
>>17884076
I read your story OP. It was probably some poor guy with asthma, wheezing because he was probably unable to speak due to severe asthma symptoms. You should feel bad OP.
>>
I know what that is, is the GoatMan.
>>
Skinwalkers.
>>
>>17886595
What are skinwalkers?
>>
File: 1467431043757.jpg (7KB, 261x210px) Image search: [Google]
1467431043757.jpg
7KB, 261x210px
>>17884073
"sounded like something that doesn't normally walk on four legs decided to give it a try"
>>
>>17884073
sounds like you encountered a juggalo
>>
>>17886783
from what i have read on /x/ skinwalker are beings that look like humans, but a bonier, very pale and bigger. they live in forrest and are able to mimic sounds, even speech to lure people out into the woods, preferably alone. they either then eat that human and use its skin as kind of suit, or even manages to transform into its prey and after a while then even learns how to talk. first usually a bit out of place but then gets better and better. the reports (if they are real no idea) then always state some metallic/copper smell strong enough to taste it (but that seems to be the usual thing with cryptids), a voice calling for help out of the forrest of a person that is right next to you, and if the skinwalker was successfull a friend acting strange suddenly, staring blankly, mimicing gestures as he doesnt know what they mean, and that kind of stuff
>>
>>17886838
That sounds fucking terrifying holy shit
>>
>>17884076
the strong smell of filth and metal (really always described as strong enough to taste the metal) is very typical for all kind of cryptid report. so what we got is "smells bad" "walks on 4 legs (from time to time at least)" and "about the size of a human, not much bigger or smaller". since it happened in a forrest it already screamed skinwalker to me from the beginning. big foot would probably be too heavy. i would also think of goatman but he seems to favor living prey in general. wendigo maybe (that is if you believe in that stuff). but you really didn give us much to work with
>>
>>17886857
it is. i mean i dont believe most of the stuff, but the skinwalker stories on here i read are horrormovie material.
>>
>>17886865
Yeah, im sorry i dont have a lot for you guys to work with. Is there a difference between skinwalkers, goatmen, and wendigos?
>>
>>17886880
>Yeah, im sorry i dont have a lot for you guys to work with. Is there a difference between skinwalkers, goatmen, and wendigos?
some will say "no, they are all imagined" and maybe they are right but in case they are not:
wendigos are (as far as i know) former humans which ate human flesh and thus got cursed. they are faster and stronger than humans but also lost their humanity and became wild animals basically. about how they look, i would assume like a human just not really. skinwalker i explained the general opinion on how they look already. how they origined? no idea
goatman is a brown furry creature that walks on 2 leggs, has hooves. it is a bit above 2 m high and has horns like a goat on his head. i actually just read about him once but the smell described was the same like you decribed (i just assume you are OP)
>>
It could have been a skinwalker, wendigo or whatever, the important thing is that it doesn't hurt you or any of your friends, so calm down OP.
What you could do for any future campings is to protect your camping, not sure how. Maybe you could ask permission when you arrive, make an imaginary circle saying that nothing that can harm you or your friends can enter and stuff like that.
If you believe in that, of course. If not, just forget what happened, no one was harmed.
Anyway, I strongly suggest you to protect your campings from now on.
>>
>>17886949
unless you believe wendigos and skinwalkers are demons or spirits i dont think a circle and some spell will help. my tipp would be never go into there without a gun for everyone, and never go out alone. always in pairs. and when someone seems to act weird and seems to try to go out with someone alone to gather firewood or take a piss all the time be really carefull
>>
>>17886968
>>17886949
Yeah me and my friends want to go back to check it out. Because ive told them all about it and now they have taken an interest. Any tips?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 426x341px
H E C K
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.