[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: hkOZ10L.jpg (732KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hkOZ10L.jpg
732KB, 800x1200px
So here is the thing. I think of myself as pretty openminded, and really do want believe in supernatural/paranormal stuff, but of course im sceptic. I do believe that not all reports of that kind are from lunatics or people just imagining things, or simply lying, even though many probably are. But what Im missing is proof. All I have are reports from people i dont even know and thus cant even say if i can believe them or not. i myself didnt experience anything supernatural (except maybe an UFO which i saw when i was a kid if it wasnt a dream i then believed was real,but even if i dont count an UFO as supernatural simply because it doesnt have to mean its from another planet, and even if it was from aliens i would still see it as natural)

so here is my question: is there any way you know of how i can get proof? weather it is ghost, spirits, psychic skills of any kind or even magic.

and even if it doesnt count as proof (since it is just another story of someone i dont know), what kind of experience do you have in that field that made you convinced that there is something out of this world in this world?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>17879203
There is no evidence. All there is, are eye wittnes testimonies at best.
>>
>>17879203
>weather it is ghost, spirits, psychic skills of any kind or even magic.

Yeah, here's one for magic:

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6.html

You won't be able to prove it to other people, but you will encounter people who've had similar experiences. That's often when it all starts to get interesting.

There are other paths, too.
>>
>>17879269
i looked into your link, and it says i first have to have knowledge of book 777 (whatever that is, im not really into the occult, and barely have any knowledge) and the list of the things i should pay special attention to in the book is so long that i dont even want to see how thick the book itself is x)
i thought about something that is a bit less difficult than getting a masters degree in astrophysics. something simple. but eitherway thanks for trying to provide help
>>
>>17879295
>i thought about something that is a bit less difficult than getting a masters degree in astrophysics

In fact it's much easier than a BS in engineering. You either really want to know or you don't. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>17879203
very rational, skeptical person here. or i was.
i saw a ufo and i saw ghost activity.
there was no doubt about the ufo. i was on my evening jog, same route around the same neighborhood, watching the sky as i jogged, and an anomalous red light kept moving around. no question.
the ghost activity - my dad died in the house years back. i found him dead in his bed.
years later i was asking my mom if i could move back into the house and when she said yes a bottle top popped off an open, inert jar of olive oil like the way champagne pops. you see, my dad wanted me to live at home forever. he loved having me home. so i think he was signaling his approval from beyond.
>>
i really want to know, and if there would be a guarantee i get proof of its existence or nonexistence i would try it. but in case of failure you can always claim that i did something wrong, that just ritual i tried was one that doesnt work as opposed to others, or that i dont believe in it to much/am not able to do so because of something spiritual. i cant do one of these practices after another that takes ages to prepare if i wont get any result.
i do know that me not being able to perform a ritual or some practise isnt a proof of it not existing, but that is exactly the problem
>>
>>17879328
>i do know that me not being able to perform a ritual or some practise isnt a proof of it not existing, but that is exactly the problem

No, with all due respect, the problem is you. What you lack is not faith in your quest, but faith in yourself. Give yourself more credit. The slippery slope you envision is just something in your head.

Besides, this kind of work can be fun.

This one's dying, but, if you change your mind, there's often one of these Occult & Magick threads up:

>>17860271
>>
>>17879203
>what kind of experience do you have

I got high af, had a semi-lucid dream in which a 4 meter tall person held me by the shoulder/breast and when he shook me my body actually moved.

It felt real to me.
>>
>>17879456
>4 meter tall
how big is that in freedom units?
>>
>>17879472
13.12 freedoms
>>
>>17879503
oh my. that's a lot of freedom. i hope the drug-addled hallucinator's breast sustained minimal trauma!
>>
>>17879391
most of the threads i saw are about summoning demons and making contracts with them. i dont want anything like that since i believe that if that kind of stuff is possible there cant come any good from it(talking as someone without any experience in that field except from what i got on tv and on some of these post here). all i want is proof of something supernatural. and even if it is just some telepathic communicating with some spirit or someone else who tries the same. i dont mind learning to meditate and stuff (which seems to be necessary for most stuff) but im not willing to buy a ton of accessiors for a one time only thing which wont even work probably.
>>
>>17879203
Dont smoke. Seriously. Smoke drives spirits away and people who smoke rarely ever experience supernatural stuff. Burned sage is even used to drive away evil spirits.
>>
>>17879527
is it important what i smoke? because i heared getting high for example can make it easier to contact spirits. i dont smoke any cigarrettes
>>
>>17879323
If that shitty display of totally explainable circumstances convinced you, then you were a piece of shit rational skeptic person.

Go read some books and look the definition of skeptic, retardo.
>>
You can try astral projection. Ask the entity's there. Might not always be successful but definitely practical.
>>
>>17879741
I can tell you're a cool guy.
>>
>>17879553
>getting high for example can make it easier to contact spirits
/x/ in a nutshell
>>
>>17880070
>>getting high for example can make it easier to contact spirits
i have to agree because i totally know where you are coming from, and actually lol'd
take enough drugs and you will see something. i definitely wont take any harder drugs, i barely even drink alcohol, but who knows, maybe it really makes it easier to contact spirits, but we never know since then it could always have been some hallucination. this is why i am also really sceptical about some of the rituals i have read here about.

>>17879792
any tips? i tried invoking sleepparalysis by relaxing on my back and not moving, but either i lie there just for over 1 1/2 hours or i fall asleep x)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.