[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A real "The King in Yellow"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: The_King_in_Yellow.jpg (257KB, 535x400px) Image search: [Google]
The_King_in_Yellow.jpg
257KB, 535x400px
I am wondering if there is a real book in the world that has the same properties as "The King in Yellow"? For those of you who don't know in the novel "The King in Yellow" there is book/play in it of the same name that can drive a man insane, draw him closer to Carcosa. Are there any books/grimoires out there that are speculated to have these qualities?
>>
File: MOH+CB+5.jpg (111KB, 598x896px) Image search: [Google]
MOH+CB+5.jpg
111KB, 598x896px
Watch "Cigarette Burns" short classic film about a fictional film that drives people into suicidal depression.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0643109/
>>
>>17876238
It's a fictional text from a fictional text, like the necronomicon
But, like the necronomicon you can find versions that fan authors have written based on what their interpretation of what they think it would be like.
>>
The Communist Manifesto
>>
Sort of related. This guy read some of the HekateStation journals, went to the site in RL with some people, and seems that drove his brother insane:

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15698308/#15698416
>>
>>17876238
Try dying of the light by grrm the imagery is haunting and their is a city that is linked to increased suicides
>>
What about the infinite jester?
>>
File: penn_nude.gif (2MB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
penn_nude.gif
2MB, 300x215px
"Penn & Teller Get Killed" has a "everyone that witnesses this one bit dies" part in it, don't really want to say more in case you've never seen it before. It's a weird watch, more meta-commentary on themselves than anything.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098073/

[ image is horrifying video of nude Penn which I'm sure they would have used in the movie if they'd had it at the time ]
>>
>>17878602
He's a hairless bear isn't he?
>>
>>17878636
He has a much better body than I ever would have imagined. Too bad about his face.
>>
>>17878642
whaaaat I think he's cute as fuck
>>
>>17876238
Years ago I had the idea for a short story or creepypasta about a supposedly-lost silent film that drove audiences insane, but nothing came of it. It was going to be about this safari movie in the 1920s where the crew actually went to sub-Saharan Africa to shoot on location, and atrocious cruelties they inflicted on local tribes that appeared in the film are rumored to have caused the movie to become cursed and induce depression, schizophrenia, and suicidal thoughts in viewers.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.