[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things or no things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1467425851150.jpg (41KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
1467425851150.jpg
41KB, 600x447px
Can you prove to me that occult persuasion/aliens/mythical creatures dont exsist?and i dont mean "oh i read it in a book somewhere so it must be true" proof.i mean unbiased,unquestionable proof that it does not exsist? Can you? I would love to see you try,for all knowledge is based of off the unknown that we have hardly scraped the surface of. We havent even bewn to the bottom of the ocean and you would dare say that monsters do not exsist? Even if there are scientific names if said monsters,they are still monsters. Or lets look at the fact the furthest we can possibly see in space is past pluto.what happnes to peoole wonder and mystique? Or are you just so petrified at the thought of being wrong that you have to put people down? I do not mean to b8 or whatever.i truly mean this question for you.but i guess just even a single question will set you off,right?
>>
Well, it's not on them to provide the burden of proof. They get to believe anything they want, and say anything they want, until somebody comes by and forcibly makes them change their mind, using whatever they consider as valid evidence. They don't have to tell you what they consider evidence though--you just have to guess it, and they can change their minds as many times as they want, or even accept nothing in existence as valid evidence.

It's called pseudo-skepticism, where you're skeptical of everything *except* what you want to believe.
>>
>>17876144
How does one prove something DOESN'T exist? That's such a terrible thing to ask someone because that isn't how science works. You aquire evidence to support your thoeries not ask someone to somehow convince you you're wrong that's just lazy lol
>>
>>17876163
>Burden of proof
>>17876226
Prove something doesn't exist

Exactly. It's not up to us to prove paranormal things don't exist, because it's impossible.
We cannot prove that god doesn't exist either, or aliens, or the soul.
It's not up to us to prove these things don't exist, we're sure they don't without needing 100% proof because we're sensible and realise that some things cannot be proven or dis-proven to everyone's satisfaction.

There has never, ever been any definitive proof of anything paranormal, ever. I defy you to show me otherwise.

>are you so petrified at the thought of being wrong that you have to put people down?

No, we're not afraid of being wrong. We're afraid of you being wrong and spreading lies around. We care about our civilisation and want to move away from superstition and mysticism as soon as possible because it holds us back.

This is why atheism gets stronger as religion gets weaker. Religion/belief in supernatural/superstition all stems from fear, and we can't let fear rule us any longer. Time to move on.
>>
>>17876144
Yes, yes I can, however it would take the entirety of time to do so. I can prove that that every possible permutation of things that "don't exist" don't exist, but it would take, literally forever. Lets focus on the now, and what we know, rather than worrying about bullshit no one is affected by ok? Until the unicorn (which are real, fyi) murder rate exceeds that of say, blacks, or obesity, lets let them be for awhile.

On that subject, lets worry about the 80% of the worlds population that are little better that apes running shit for the rest of? Shall we?
>>
>prove a negative

?
>>
Guys its just a prank.
>>
Changing the subject, could someone give me some proof of anything that's discussed on this board?

I mean, I would love to belive that any paranormal thing exists, but I just can't make my mind of it if the only evidence that most people can give its anecdotal.

Aparently, the most tiny proof of anything "magical" or paranormal requires almost-impossible movie-esque scenarious or years of training, discipline and meditation with no backgroud evidence that what you are doing isnt just a waste of time.

I mean, most forces of nature have practical and visible effects on everything that we do, without further investigation nor especialization on its analisys; I mean, you dont have to be a physicist to observe the effects of gravity.

Now, you CAN give me potentially stereotypical speech of "These mystical forces act upon you ALL THE TIME, its just that you dont realize it" and I have to admit, that's a point in favor, but the lack of standarization of this "force" (Which if was hipoteticaly proved should become a branch of science on all its rights) and the bullshitty and cryptical nature of its allegated users makes a possibly "true" insight lose all its reputation in a blink.

I DONT WANT A DEFINITE PROOF, I dont have any fucking Idea of what novel-prize scientists speak of on their tea partyes, nor what the fuck the string theory its about; that's out of my reach.

I just want to know, with the ENORMOUS cuantity of papers and storys on the subject, It maintains such an equally big grade of misinformation and bullshit. Why can't any one give me a convincing, logical (IN THE SENSE OF A DIGETIC UNIVERSE, I CAN BELIVE INVENTED PRONOUNS AND SHIT, I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO OBSERVE ANY FUCKING ONE OF ITS PRACTICAL OR THEORETHICAL EFFECTS) argument?

Btw, sry 4 the grammar, Im on mobile and my Englando its weak.
>>
Occultism is contraindicated within a rationalist/positivist empirical framework, to which it seems evident to me you ascribe to.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.