[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A strange incident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (114KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 640x427px
Hello /x/, I come to tell you about something important. I would like to start by saying this isn't a copypasta, its a true story, that requires actual consideration.

So my name is Stanley Risk, and I... am kind of new to writing, so forgive me for any mistakes. Im thirty-six, I live in a small town of British Columbia called [the town of] Nelson and I am, well... an isolationist. I only leave my log cabin two or three times a month, and I live alone with my dog, Buddie.

This story, however, isn't about me, it's about someone else.

It's about a boy named Nicholas Burgess. Well, not a boy. He was eighteen years-old, he lived around here, and went to a college called Selkirk. He went missing three weeks ago, on June 10th 2016. His friends told the police the last thing he was doing was a community project for his Sociology class that involved him writing an essay about the local town of Nelson. That was all the evidence they had on his disappearance—it was just, out of nowhere. I have looked it up on the internet, searched all over, and I haven't found anything about this incident. I guess this event is just staying in the local police station.

(Photo: Nelson)
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 324x324px
>>17873888
So, I was hiking with Buddie one day, and I came upon a notebook with brown and red stains on the cover. It was one of those 'find Sasquatch' notebooks that had hundreds of trees, and one teeny Bigfoot peeking out of a tree. It filled me with Nostalgia, when me and my brother Stan used to try to find the sasquatches.

Curious, I of course, took a peek inside. The title block read:

Nicholas Burgess
June 9th 2016
Sociology Class
The Importance of Nelson.

It had been told two weeks ago when Nick's mother told me that no one had seen him in a week. I was only mildly concerned. "He was adventurous," I said. "It's nothing to worry about."

But by now, I had been pretty concerned. It had been almost a month. You see, Nick's dad left when he was three, and I was, kind of... an unofficial father figure to him.

(Picture: not the notebook I was talking about, just similar)
>>
File: image.jpg (533KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
533KB, 1024x683px
>>17873888
>>17873892
I read the text the first page of the notebook. It was mostly in notes, not very professional because he was going to be the only person reading it.

Basically, he said that he was going to someplace in the middle of Johnston woods—pretty near to my house—where he had been told than an strange old man, trapped in the past, lived.

It was about a forty minute hiking trip, and when he got there, he saw the condition of the house was... unpleasant. He knocked on the door, and a short, old, black man named Levi opened the door. Nick asked for a last name, and Levi just said, "bah."

He told Levi that he was looking for some cool history or anything interesting, and that he had a suspicion that he might be the right man to ask. Levi responded after ten seconds—yes, ten seconds—of silence, that there was an old trail that led to a place no one had ever been before. Nick asked him to lead him that way. Levi said yes, and began to walk, and Nick followed behind. Apparently, the trail started out normal, but as they traveled, the trees got weirder and the mist got thicker. It took them about half an hour to get to their destination. Once they got there, Nick looked down at the valley just a bit ahead of him, and saw the junkyard Levi was talking about. Then, Levi said to Nick that he had to tell him something. Nick asked what, and he told him that there was something... off about this place, something he could only explain as paranormal. Nick had said that he never really believed that kind of stuff, so it wasn't a surprise that he went there anyway. He did, however, get a bit freaked out when only about thirty to forty-five seconds after he set off towards the old junkyard, he turned around, and Levi was already completely gone.
>>
>>17873893
Let me guess, a sasquatch got him.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1920x1280px
>>17873888
>>17873892
>>17873893
When he walked upon the gate, he saw a gigantic sign that would normally display the name of a town, but it was apparently just... blank. He entered the junkyard, and noticed, it was more. Levi had never specified exactly what it was, but, it was apparent this place was a ghost town, just a memory of what it once of. As he walked around the mist encased town, he found old buildings, blunderbusses and just about every old trinket you could think of. He was overwhelmed with joy, because he knew that this would be worth more than just a paper, this could get into the local news, hell, even national news. It's not all the time you find an abandoned ghost town previously unknown.

As I skimmed through the notebook, which was filled with list's and sketches, the more skeptical side of me wondered if this was fake. But what kind of sick motherfucker would pull a joke like this, and why would they hide it in the middle of nowhere?

After a few more pages of discoveries, it showed a sketch of an old bakery with the caption, 'Goodnight Night;Sweet Dreams.'
>>
>>17873899
good nite sweet prince, give my luv 2 the queen
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 375x500px
>>17873888
>>17873892
>>17873893
>>17873899
After this, on the next page, it had the date June 10, followed by a paragraph of text. In summary, Nick said that he had been trying to leave town all morning to start typing his paper and to get supplies, but he had seemed to lost his way. He also seemed distressed, and explained that it felt like everywhere he went, the town stayed the same distance away from the woods. The rest of the page was blank, except for a quick, witty doodle of a man with a gun to his head.

On the next page, there was another entry, from the next day. It was the part that really caught me off guard. Nick said that he was 'really fucking freaked out', and that the town seemed to be... changing. He described that everywhere he went, he stayed near the center of the town, and, he said that he sensed something. He checked the signal on his cell phone and—like every cliché—he had no signal. He hadn't ate or drank water in a day, and he was getting desperate. The thing Levi had said about the town was... an understatement?

Later that day, Nick was starting to feel numb. He pinched himself and didn't feel any pain. He stopped citing his discoveries and gave up on escaping. And most terrifying of all, he said that all the nighttime noises of frogs, crickets and birds were gone. No sign of life anywhere. After this, he decided he would go back into the bakery and sleep, hoping that he would wake up and have all this be over.

The last thing he wrote in that book was... kind of chilling. He said that before he went to sleep, he kept hearing Levi's voice in the mist, saying, "There's something off about this place," over and over.

No fucking kidding.
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 1280x853px
>>17873888
>>17873892
>>17873893
>>17873899
>>17873912
I'm crying. None of you will think this is real, but let me tell you, it is. After reading the notes, I turned them into the police station. They confiscated it, thinking it was just a twisted prankster, but they knew I was a good person, so they said they would take a look.

Whenever I get the book back and I get a decent camera, I will post some pictures. Thank you for your time. This is fucking scary, too real to be a prank. Please provide some input, I need it. I will post back in a few days or less.
>>
>>17873918
A missing persons case doesn't just stay in a police station, especially after three weeks. If this was a true story, there'd be news reports to gather the public's help in finding the missing person.

Your writing is also very heavy-handed. Subtlety is better as you build the story.
>>
>>17873936
I would think that this would've gotten out there already
>>
Nice storytelling, bump
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.