[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protecting myself and others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (167KB, 1377x1379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 1377x1379px
I'm getting that feeling that wearing a cross isn't enough to protect me from half the shit that /x/ likes to talk about, or I'm just becoming paranoid. How else can I protect myself from what may be out there? I already have guns.
>>
>>17873424
you can't, there is no god. you can't protect yourself from the foreign evils that are materializing on our planet. all the strangers came today and it looks as though they're here to stay...
>>
>>17873424
If you have guns, you already have too much.
There is nothing out there.
The only things bumping in the night are drunks and raccoons.
Some faggot will call disinfo on me, but it's still the truth.
The real spooks were inside your head all along.
>>
>>17873424
a condom
>>
>>17873439
It's a lose lose situation because I'm either crazy, or demons are real.
>>
File: hillary.jpg (62KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
hillary.jpg
62KB, 850x400px
>>17873449
Demons are real. I've got a picture of one.
>>
>>17873449
Neither is the case.
You've been reading a bunch of creepypastas and shit and done gone got yourself sp00ked.

Turn the lights on, go to sleep, things will be better in the morning.
>>
>>17873433
Oh you pretty thing-
Beliefs are your friend op. Belief can protect you from more harm than anything else I could recommend. If you have Faith in a Christian interpretation, a cross should be fine- it's just a symbol of the connection anyway
>>
>>17873515
Many thanks. Your words bring comfort.
>>
>>17873424
Religious faith has been the best safe space for people. You can't shoot bullets and expect it to harm beings that don't take physical form
>>
>>17873424
get a smorgasbord of occult protection. Also a bible. you should be fine as long as you dont do any of the shit /x/ tells you to do

>ie rituals or incantations.
>>
get guns, and knives, and surround yourself with a moat of holy water and landmines, and meditate and never go on the internet or talk to unwholesome ppl that make you feel uncomfortable, and you'll still get fugged up kiddo, you will become what you hate the most, and there's nothing you can do abot it! :D
>>
>>17873515
>>17873637
Just going to say, my mother was possessed by a demon even though she was Catholic, she played with an Ouija board
>>
>>17873480
>>17873439

And faggot of the day award goes to...
>>
>>17873424
True faith in Jesus will protect you from vile
spirits.
>>
>>17874918
/thread
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me -Psalm 23:4
>>
evil is real but it feeds off your fear.
go find something you love to do.
>>
Find a holy man and cling to him.
>>
>>17874037
>And the faggot of the day award goes to...
>>17874918
>True faith in Jesus will protect you

This guy.
>>
>>17873424
Holy water + yellow (like gold) standing cross + priest or higher tier holiness ask him for protection ritual against evil and yourself.
>>
You want to protect your family? then listen carefuly. You need stop being a paranoid freak before you hurt somebody "to protect them from beelzebub" or something like that. There are bilions of people out there and I'm pretty sure more then half don't go around with a cross and holy water in their pockets and they don't seem to be dying randomly in the street. I think that is a perfectly good sample to use and determine that there are no demons or gods or such stuff. now go make a hot tea and relax
>>
>>17873836
>skittles

Just don't carry a can of Arizona at the same time
>>
>>17879395
he dindu nuffin
>>
>>17879094
nice try demon possession recruiter
>>
>>17879094

Orthodox Christian here

There are millions and millions of people who do, in fact, walk around with crosses and holy water. Most practicing Orthodox Christians will be wearing a cross they were given at their baptism (we wear this cross at all times, for our entire lives) and usually a prayer rope (similar to a rosary) as well. All under the clothes, of course, unless you are clergy. Orthodox culture is very 'hush hush' about your personal objects of faith because religious pride/boasting is a fairly taboo thing to do.

Many people keep an icon of St. John the Russian on their dashboard/hanging from the mirror in their car. He's the patron saint of travel for automobiles.

It's not unusual to have holy water either, both in the home and also in the glove box. You can get these little plastic bottles with a golden orthodox cross on the front at most churches for free if you are a member.

So yeah no. This is a very common thing. If you consider all the people of other religions in Africa and Haiti and all over Asia, I would say that the people who go out with nothing are actually in the minority.
>>
>>17879445
Dutch Roman catholic here. Can confirm most roman catholics here do almost the same things. My parents wear crosses and have holy water. I have a cross and a medallion of St.Christopher with me when traveling. I don't have holy water but do have some things blessed by the priest in my house.
>>
>>17879445
>>17879501

But the dude never said it wasn't common within faiths. He said it wasn't common across the whole of mankind.

Those millions of catholics who wear crucifixes etc. are still a minority.

Fortunately.
>>
protection comes from faith, not objects.
>>
I think the book of the Samuel says that a harp can help the instrument being played, believing that Jesus was the son of god or believing the miracles he did were of the father should help.
>>
>>17873424
>wearing a cross isn't enough

What's this supposed to do?
>>
>Thomas! Armed Ex-sovietic inmigrants have entered our home!
>Don't worry, I have a cross, bitch, a little golden cross, hanging from my neck.
>>
File: Fire1992.jpg (10KB, 483x310px) Image search: [Google]
Fire1992.jpg
10KB, 483x310px
>>17873424
Protect yourself from what?

There isn't anything to be protected from except your fellow man. A gun suffices.

There's no demons, angels, or magick.
>>
>>17873424
Haw Haw! You look like a faggot.

Fuck you.
>>
>>17873433
Oh I believe in yesterday
>>
>>17881602
>goes on /x/
>tries to convince someone that paranormal shit isn't real
>>
>>17875107
>"Rod" "Staff"
>Everything you love is gay.
>>
Unfortunately I harmed a cat which was sent as a trojan horse into my home. To be honest the cat deserved it due to paranormal occurrences after it arrived yet it doesn't agree with me much at all as I had mentioned wanting it out of my home. There's a terrorist organization behind it and currently they have me captured if I don't post again at least you should remember not to take matters into your own hands and expect no consequences.
>>
>>17874918
jesus is an egregore
>>
>>17873515
I see people say this all the time, the only reason religion exists was to explain why everything happened when they couldn't explain it. Religion exists to explain the unknown and have hope for the world. It's the reason why we are how we are today but it doesn't exist.
>>
>>17873836
Do i have to get that thumb as well?
>>
>>17887573
Are you an egregore?
>>
>>17888702
only half egregore
>>
>>17888119
Actually, the reason why religion exists is because God tells people to do stuff, and demons tell people to do stuff, so people do stuff.

Making up explanations for things that they don't know and don't understand is what science does (roughly).

Wearing a cross doesn't do much. Doing everything that God tells people to do is what protects you. Not necessarily from suffering and dying, but from going to hell. Compared to going to hell, suffering and dying is not a big deal.
>>
>>17879094
If you're just denying any faith/beleif, why are you on /x/?
>>
>>17881493
He's not worried about defense from men, you dingus.
>>
>>17873836
>holy water
Is that in a Mana Potion bottle? Fuck, I love those things (purely for the bottles themselves, energy shots seem to do nothing for me), but the only place I've ever been able to find them was at Hot Topic and it's embarrassing as fuck to go in there.
>>
>>17881493
>Thomas! Our home is haunted and our son is walking on the ceiling speaking in tongues!
>Don't worry, I have a shotgun and a pistol.
>>
>>17873424
Jesus will protect you, but just remember that Spiderman will only save you once.
>>
>>17873424
Anything evil or malevolent is natrually repelled by life, unless some being has a specific agenda against you as long as you cover yourself with your own semen they don't bother to fuck with you.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.