[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Certified Psychiatrist discusses his experience with exorcisms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: GOYASaintfrancisborgia_exorcism.jpg (42KB, 393x561px) Image search: [Google]
GOYASaintfrancisborgia_exorcism.jpg
42KB, 393x561px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/07/01/as-a-psychiatrist-i-diagnose-mental-illness-and-sometimes-demonic-possession/

>I approach each situation with an initial skepticism. I technically do not make my own “diagnosis” of possession but inform the clergy that the symptoms in question have no conceivable medical cause.

>But my subject’s behavior exceeded what I could explain with my training. She could tell some people their secret weaknesses, such as undue pride. She knew how individuals she’d never known had died, including my mother and her fatal case of ovarian cancer. Six people later vouched to me that, during her exorcisms, they heard her speaking multiple languages, including Latin, completely unfamiliar to her outside of her trances.
>>
HA I was going to share that article here though I didnt want to get in the way of MLP tulpas and Satanists AMAs. Awesome article, the devil is real
>>
I just saw this too, and immediately headed to /x/.

This is why, in dead seriousness, I always get uneasy when I see people on /x/ dealing with Ouija boards and summoning circles and 'games' with spirits and things beyond this realm. I love you fuckers, and I want you to be safe. Don't be fucking around with things you can't handle.
>>
See. It's funny. Because these humans don't have enough brain space to make sense of what's happening.

They can only understand that all mental illness is actually just demonic possession. Or that all demonic possession is actually just mental illness.

They don't have the capacity to consider the possibility that some cases are mental illness, but other cases are legitimate telepathic links with sentient entities not of a strictly terrestrial origin. It's too much mental effort to consider BOTH possibilities.No, they have this incessant need to put everything in the smallest box possible, or to label new experiences as just replicas of previous situations. It's like after a certain age, their brains just quit growing.
>>
>>17871432
I've got friends working in behavioral hospitals, I'm 100% serious when I say this, I have never come across someone who works in there and is not religious.

Everyone has seen proof of the Devil's existence.

>>17873246

DAE MOONLANDING FAKED? :^))
>>
Also, there is the circumstance wherein the legitimately mentally ill are at a higher danger of becoming possessed.
>>
File: NforNervous_sm.jpg (707KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
NforNervous_sm.jpg
707KB, 600x424px
I'm spooked as fuck, guys. How do I protect myself against the Devil?
>>
>>17875719
Knowledge banishes ignorance.
>>
File: michael-the-archangel-13.jpg (91KB, 630x960px) Image search: [Google]
michael-the-archangel-13.jpg
91KB, 630x960px
>>17875719
Say the following prayer in times of trouble:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O captain of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and every evil spirit who wanders this world seeking the ruin of souls.
>>
>>17875719
Stop believing that one was ever created.
>>
>>17875719
see
>>17875755
but always stay in a state of grace, pray the rosary, get communion
>>
>>17873272
Did you even read the article? The doctor said that not ALL of the cases were actually possession. In fact, only a fraction were possession.
However, there is no other scientific explanation for those cases which they have concluded exorcism is the treatment.
So, in contrast to your post, the smart people who do this for a living CAN differentiate the two.
>>
God damnit. I just finally banished all belief in god, devil, heaven and hell. And then this fucking thread gets made.
>>
>>17873276
if you are still about...
please give us an anecdote from the hospital! I would love even a short story!

pls
>>
>>17875719

The devil cant harm you, neither can demons, whats the sport in that? They feed on negative/malicious/"evil" energy coming from you, the only protection is love.
>>
>>17875755
And then cry when you realize you just repeated some Sunday school gobbledegook that will do nothing to help you.
>>
>>17873276
Nurse, here. During nursing school I had two patients, one with schziophrenia, and another with dementia who sun downed (symptoms were worse at night). The first patient was involuntarily committed for trying to kill herself, and threatened to kill her family. I was supposed to talk to her, see how her treatment was going, etc. I wasn't allowed to go in her room, so I waited down the hall, within ear shot of her room. I heard her speaking to a man, and knew that the psychiatrist was walking, making rounds, so I assumed she was talking to him. A nurse walked by and I asked her how much longer the doctor and here were going to be talking and she said, "the doctors not in there with her." Bricks were shat. The mans voice was not a woman trying to sound like a man. It was a distinct, deep voice. Apparently she freaked out the nurses and the techs there. The one tech said she refused to be alone with her, and was terrified of her.
The patient with dementia was about 80 years old. I wouldn't say he was frail, but certainly not limber, or super mobile. Anyway I was on night shift and he was starting to act wacky around 9pm. Kept getting out of bed, bothering his roommate, thinking people were there that weren't, etc. we decided to move him to a private room, turn the lights down, and put him at the end of the hallway where it was quieter. it was around 2-230, and one of the nurses comes walking down towards me saying I need to come see this. I walk into the darkened room and see this old man, squating on the end of the unoccupied bed In his room. The bed was in the highest position, which is basically waist level, maybe a tad higher. He was just sitting there starring at us and smiling. No fucking clue how he got up there. I'm young and healthy and it would have been hard for me. Needless to say, u was spooked. Big time.
>>
>>17875719
>install gentoo

...seriously tho, the armor of God...its in Romans II somewhere I think
>>
>>17876654
my schizophrenic older cousin was staying at my house and i woke to her going through every cabinet searching for something and talking in a low, growling, evil voice - but I could tell it was her. I'm sure you could tell the difference, too.

I asked her what she was doing and she said she was looking for cigarettes. No one in my house smokes.
>>
Dam this thread is scary...alot of crazy people with crazy demons attached to em. To be stuck in a hospital while completely vulnerable is fuckin unnerving
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.