[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Philosopher's Stone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: philosopherstone.gif (27KB, 571x516px) Image search: [Google]
philosopherstone.gif
27KB, 571x516px
I thought /sci/ might be able to solve this, but I was mistaken.

You might be aware of the Philosopher's Stone. There's an old text from hundreds of years ago that seems to be a chemical formula in the form of a riddle and poem. This isn't meant to be a discussion about the existence of the Philosopher's Stone or anything like that. I'm posting this as a riddle and a formula.

"This poem is called "A Description of the Stone:

Though Daphne fly from Phobeus bright yet shall they both be one
And if you understand this rite you have our hidden stone
For Daphne is fair and white but volatile is she
Phobeus a fixed god of might and red as blood is he
Daphne is a water nymph and hath of moisture store
Which Phobeus doth confine and heat and dries her very shore
They being dried into one a crystal flood must drink
Till they be brought to a white stone which washed with with virgin's milk So long until they flow as wax and no fume you can see
then have you all you need to ask. Praise God and thankful be."

"confine and heat", "fair and white but volatile", flow as wax and no fume" - these are all parts of the riddle. For instance, "virgin's milk" is "tincture of benzoin" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_benzoin).

Can you solve any part of this formula?
>>
>inb4 people saying "Alchemy is spiritual, you fucking moron!!"
It's can be both. Now that we got that out of our way:

Daphne is the Mercurial volatile principle, while Phoebus is the red sulfur, which is a tincture extracted of gold with the help of "Daphne". Daphne is not neccessarily benzoin, but might be a tincture extracted from spirit of wine or antimony regulus and so on. Depends on the path. The union of these two principles constitutes the third and the final stage of the production of the philosopher's stone.
>>
>>17870637
And here is the most elaborate alchemical library on the net

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
>>
tl;dr:
"lead" == "gold"
"'gold'" == "????"
>>
>>17870637
Also, in some paths, the virgin milk might denote common mercury because Virgo is ruled by Mercury. So Daphne and the virgin's milk need not always be the same thing. As i said, it all depends on the path.
>>
I have to sit and think about this for a minute, but when 17870637 mentioned red sulfur, I thought about an experiment I did in college where we used sulfur to grow crystals which is when "They being dried into one a crystal flood must drink" stood out to me.
>>
>>17870688
Actually, as soon as I posted that, I remember Chloroform being described as a "sweet-smelling, but volatile liquid." Haha.
>>
>>17870647
>>17870688

Daphne = female, "mercury"
Phoebus = male, "sulphur"
Virgin's Milk = Daphne, or a a different kind of "mercury"
>>
>>17870710
What if Daphne is white phosphorus?
>>
>>17870731
Could be. Mercury in alchemy stands for myriad of things that are NOT always mercury, the METAL.
>>
File: wizardbored.png (980KB, 883x814px) Image search: [Google]
wizardbored.png
980KB, 883x814px
>water nymph
>of springs and wells
>>
File: GoldFormula.jpg (10KB, 400x115px) Image search: [Google]
GoldFormula.jpg
10KB, 400x115px
>>17870626

>Can you solve any part of this formula?

solved
>>
>>17870743
So what would happen if you combined liquid white phosphorus with red sulfur with heat like the way I did in college to make crystals? *knows shit at all about chemistry and that's why I failed*
>>
>>17870637
Perhaps the question you should be asking yourself is, "Why am I opposed to the idea that alchemy is spiritual?"
>>
>>17870626
I think it's sex magic.
>>
>>17870637
>It's can be both.
Grammatical issues aside, yeah. That's pretty much the principle the alchemists were running on. Physical transmutation to reflect the transmutation of the self.
>>
>>17870626
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/fulcanelli_mysterecathedrales.pdf
http://costisnet.weebly.com/uploads/5/4/7/7/5477582/fulcanelli_-_the_dwellings_of_the_philosophers.pdf
the secret is in these two books (here's a review of one):
>>
>>17872759
whoops https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2NDYD3QYLA1KR/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0963521160

>inb4 amazon review

be open minded, answers are hidden in the strangest places.
>>
>>17871161
Not op, but Alchemy is esoteric and exoteric work. Inner and outer. It is both. To be blunt, the stone can't be physically crafted unless the spiritual work has been done, or at least that's what the sages have led most to believe.
>>
>>17872093
Wow you really have to be some kind of huge gaping twat to call someone out for "grammatical issues" over an obvious typo
>>
>>17870626
I think i know what steps to take during the making, though im unsure about what daphne should be.
could you tell me where you got the poem from?
>>
File: 1463008233843.jpg (151KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1463008233843.jpg
151KB, 500x661px
Solve et coagula.
>>
>>17870626
>/sci/ might be able to solve
A board full of parrots advances nothing.
>>
What's the source of this riddle?
>>
File: 1465846029423.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465846029423.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>17875891
You are, if you want to remember.
>>
>>17875835
>>17875920
you know more then you're telling
>>
i figgured out what daphne is.
but i feel like the riddle is only part of the description.
it stops with an unfinished product and says it should be clear how to continue.

would be realy usefull if someone droped a sorce of the poem
>>
>>17870626
Could be discribing how cells within us work, giving a glymps to the possibility of imortality
Daphne sodium, a white metal, and can be volitile, put sodium in water I dare you.
Potasium, through not red does burn red, or redish

Anyway I'm going to feud's it has something to do with function of these two elements in our energy systems, and even conciesness as such
>>
>>17876178
If you've really figured out what Daphne is, then you'll also know that Daphne will show you the way forward.
>>
>>17870640
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a

THANKS DUDE!!!
>>
>>17876307
yes i did. i might miss something about daphne, but here is what i got:

>Daphne and Phoebus refers to Daphne and Apollo

>Phoebus a fixed (read sollid) god of might (mercury) and red as blood is he
>Phoebus is Cinnabar
>At the time, Cinnabar was roasted and distilled to produce mercury.

>Daphne's symbol is laurel
>A fair white but volatile and moisture storing compound extracted from laurel is Camphor.
>Camphor was also used those days in Medicine. (healing property of philosopher's stone)

>which Phobeus doth confine
>confine
>this reveals that Phoebus should be available in exces during the reaction.

Im thinking it might be a reaction comparable to the bromination of camphor.
though i havnt checked if the chemistry works yet.

but then still.

im not sure what the virgin's milk does,
and if the final product is a wax?
or just an emulsion
if the later is the case then a simple büchnerfunnel cristalization should do the trick?
>>
>>17878552
By God, no. Neither the chemistry of this would work nor is it consistent with any alchemical tradition.
>>
>>17878552
And check the work of Roger Caro if you want information on genuine cinnabar bath. Phoebus can never pass for cinnabar because cinnabar is volatile and decomposes. And that the opposite of fixed, which by the way you incorrectly interpreted to mean solid, which is totally wrong. There is no organic chemistry involved in alchemy.
>>
>>17876307
Daphne is your spirit
>>
Information dates back to the early millennia and even was said to belong to the First Emperor of China. It also has relation to the temple of Solomon and was said to give inspiration to the creation of a other stone. It's already obvious that we already have the alchemic formula but we require something else to at least make a good attempt to its creation. Remember that this has connections to nearly all religions so there is obviously a huge connection. In my opinion something like this should never have existed.

"The smattering I have of the philosopher stone hath taught me a great deal of Divinity"
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15549766/#15549766
>>
The philosophers stone is something you create on the astral and place in your heart chakra, it acts as an energy source for your soul making it sustainable without a body, effectively making you immortal. You can find info on it on the meditations page of joyofsatan.org
>>
>>17878590
yes thanks for the constructive feedback
I still stand ground on my initial thoughts
>>
File: bullshit-sheriff-badge.png (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit-sheriff-badge.png
34KB, 640x640px
>>17878667
>
>>17878590

Unless you count the lead acetate thing.
>>
File: 1400247714921.jpg (222KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1400247714921.jpg
222KB, 500x447px
>>17878674
>Unless you count the lead acetate thing.

I can accept that.

>>17878673
>I still stand ground on my initial thoughts

Good. Tell us the results when you try the experiments.
>>
I thought I read in the Age of Aquarius that it was made from urine or dew and it took a couple years start to finish to create.
>>
>>17878590
woulndt it make sense for phoebus to be volatile?
wasnt that the nature of the relation between daphne and phoebus?
>>
>>17878703
I wouldn't cling on in. I've read enough alchemical literature to know, with utmost certainty, that what is depicted in this poem is the union of the opposites, of the fixed and volatile, of the male and female. The usage of the word 'fixed' here is unambiguous to me that i can hardly concede to any other meaning. But it's an interesting idea and i say this without patronizing you.
>>
>>17878614
>belonging to the first emperor of china
camphor laurel originates from china

>yes im cherypicking data, but have to start somewhere.
>>
>>17870626
>For Daphne is fair and white but volatile is she
Phobeus a fixed god of might and red as blood is he
Daphne is a water nymph and hath of moisture store
Which Phobeus doth confine and heat and dries her very shore

Alkaline metals are known to be hyper-reactive to other elements and compounds, and is very volatile in water if that helps. The lower on the periodic table, the more explosive it is.
>>
> Though Daphne fly from Phobeus bright yet shall they both be one
>>
File: durer_melancholia_i.jpg (2MB, 2196x2835px) Image search: [Google]
durer_melancholia_i.jpg
2MB, 2196x2835px
>>17870626
What if it talks about trinity.
The three parts of the Brain.
The subjective conjunction(re-membering) of the objectively inseperable.
>>
Is it just me or the alchemical way of making "gold" is just a couple making a babay

>life=most precious thing

Could it be a coplete bullshit ?
>>
File: 1466721333837.jpg (79KB, 680x459px) Image search: [Google]
1466721333837.jpg
79KB, 680x459px
>>17879106
>Could it be a coplete bullshit
Sure. If you are confused.
A non 'stream-lined free from all dependance' occurence then it might be bullshit.

But you aren't.
>>
>>17870640
Replying so I can come back on my comp
>>
Its urine.
>>
Maybe cum is the answer
>>
I literally just watched a video today that said that it was saliva/cum.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.