[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT REALLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE IS THAT IT SO MANY FUCKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 16

File: death-title-image_tcm7-187855.jpg (90KB, 730x330px) Image search: [Google]
death-title-image_tcm7-187855.jpg
90KB, 730x330px
WHAT REALLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE

IS THAT IT

SO MANY FUCKING BILLIONS OF PEOPLE HERE

SOME PEOPLE SAY HEAVEN BUT THERE'S NO WAY OF KNOWING

HOW DO PEOPLE HANDLE THAT FACT
>>
File: image.png (43KB, 607x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43KB, 607x615px
>>17869485
everything just kinda turns black and shit, man.
>>
you shouldn't be afraid of the unknown. we have no true sense of what happens after death.

my assumption is that since we are conscious beings, we will remain conscious after death. No being that is conscious can be aware of being unaware. The body is not the source of consciousness but more of a symptom of it. this body is a shell and when you die it will be like waking up from a dream. who knows? no ones died and lived to tell the tale. doesn't mean im going to live my life in fear like these American Idles.
>>
>>17869485
Yuh know, I really believe there is an afterlife or at the very least reincarnation most likely both. Why is it that all of those who go deep into the mind meditating come to the same conclusion that of course you don't die.
>>
There's probably a name for it, idk. I believe you when you die you just keep going on with life as you normally would. Perhaps on a different time line if your into that sort of thing. I feel I have died several times, yet here I am. The rollercoaster ride never ends.
>>
Does an infant stay in its placenta after being conscious of the world?
>>
>>17869499

Why shouldn't I? I enjoy being here laughing with my family.

If death is really just like falling asleep and never waking up that just makes me really sad.

>>17869519

You don't know jack shit now that we're aware it's a different ballgame
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 640x1136px
I'll tell you how I handle this.
It is a scientific fact that energy dies. I don't believe that consciousness continues after death but the energy we hold does. It gets transferred to other living things to continue life. Your body will feed bacteria and bugs and those bugs will shit that energy out which will feed a flower life. The flower sprouts and a deer comes a long and eats it and absorbs the energy. Finally lets say another human being comes along. Kills that deer for food and your energy is now in another person. That energy is used to produce new sperm or eggs thus giving life again to another human being. This is the literal circle of life and it is the most common sense answer I can come up with.
>>
>>17869537
Sorry meant to say energy DOESNT die
>>
death is only scary disproportional to how shitty your life is. lol my life is ok, but seriously nigga.
>>
>>17869485
heaven in the bible is the size of a city by ancient standards and a small town by modern ones. in the bible its size is measured in cubits which is a outdated form of measurement based on the size of your hand (yes not infinite)

it is described as being like alabaster (white) with precious and semi precious stones inlaid every so often

if you think about it heaven would have been at capacity thousands of years ago. because heaven isnt infinite and is described as being on the other side of a gulf in the afterlife on the other side is a place were all other who do not make it into heaven go. this form of the after life exist in the original jewyism. its sheol you can think of it like pergatory.

the punishment in the bible isnt hell. its explicitly stated the true punishment is the second death. being "blotted out". eternal damnation isnt supported by christianity or jewyism though islam has a hell
>>
>>17869485
kill yourself and find out
>>
>>17869540

Doesn't die, but it spreads infinitum. So says the 2nd law and so goes the heat death.
>>
>>17869550
This would also assume reincarnation isn't a thing and that God couldn't just make it bigger.
>>
Buddha seemed pretty convinced death isn't something to fear, and he hasn't lead me astray yet so I'm inclined to trust him.
>>
There's comfort in that death is something everyone faces and will face at some point

so really you're not alone at all.
>>
>>17869485
I think it's like a dream and your consciousness goes over to another world (other reality/universe) and stays there until moving to somewhere else. Like there's a lot of these places. The body is for temporary use and separate from the mind. That or you reincarnate on the same world.
>>
whether or not we're able to handle it or fully accept it, it's irrelevant.

it will happen.

on my part, i try to find beauty in it. i've been given sentience and consciousness by the universe. it is a loan and i will give it back sooner or later, and i will merge again with the elements that gave me life in the first place. whatever happens next, will just happen.
>>
After death there has to be an afterlife, for sure.
A spiritual dimension exists, you can find it out for yourselves if you spiritually grow enough.
However no one knows what this afterlife is, but people agree that it will be Paradise(or, those who need to pay for sins, will have to repeat life).
We, humans, have souls. So it means we belong to both the material and spiritual planes. Soul is said to be our true self. So, when we die, we return to our roots, as we become only soul and escape the material prision.
>>
>>17869855

This. We're all gonna fall one after the other in the end. Even the babies. The time you're alive is so very short.
>>
You turn into an angel
>>
The abyss
>>
File: 1467142305667.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1467142305667.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>17869499
>no ones died and lived to tell the tale

Only does 1000s of people whos been revived after being dead
>>
You will see what lies beyond, like life has been only a cave your whole life and when you die its like you get out of the cave and see the real world

unless you masturbated, when you will get you ballz chopped of for eternity in hell
>>
File: 1464406668838.jpg (168KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464406668838.jpg
168KB, 800x600px
Cycle.
Shhh, can't tell you more...
>>
>>17870733
In that case we are all dead...
>>
>>17870838

???
>>
>>17869514
quantum immortality?
>>
>>17869485
I know we don't get to pick and choose what we are and that pisses me off. Heaven might exist temporarily but as long as there's earth, Heaven will never be a permanent vacation.
>>
>>17870733
Get ready to die, Anon.
>>
>>17869503
It sounds like you're missing the point of meditation altogether.
>>
>>17869555
trips confirm that the entirety of existence eventually expands to the point of literally freezing in every conceivable understanding of the term
>>
>>17870838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0V0_1MS0Q
>>
>>17869491
lost it
>>
>>17869485
As you get older you'll either accept how fleeting life is and make the most of it, pushing the thought of an 'afterlife' away from you until you finally get close to death, or you'll adopt some belief to comfort yourself, though you'll still have doubts in the corner of your mind. Personally, I find some relief in knowing that the matter which makes up my body won't be destroyed, and might eventually be repurposed into something else. If you believe in multiple iterations of the universe, it's possible that you will exist again in some other place and time, though you wouldn't have any memory of it.

Basically, we don't know but it's not the end of the world, so relax and enjoy the time you get.
>>
>>17874018
i heard that when we die we become turtles

i liek turtles
>>
>>17869485
Easy on the caps lock, buddy. No one knows for sure what exactly happens after we die. A lot of people THINK they know, but they don't. They believe whatever one book or another tells them.

Anyone who says they know for sure what happens after death is a liar, unless they can produce some actual evidence to support what they claim.

>inb4 I had a NDE and met Jesus! bible confirmed!

There have been just as many people with NDE that coincided with whatever religion they believed in or grew up being taught, not just christianity. I had a NDE that didn't involve heaven, hell, or anything like any religion's belief.
>>
>>17874018
>repurposed
reused
>>
>>17869503
Yes this!
Afterlife is blissfull oh yeah.
If you suicide it sucks.
You will make a life review with a guide to see which lessons you learned and wich you failed.
>>
>>17869537
Wrong
You are literally nonmaterialistic consciousness.
Your body is a vehicle. A avatar for you.
You lived hundrets of lifes.
You learn here to become godlike.
>>
>>17869884
This!
>>
>>17869485
you become a thought form and your mind is stored in the records is what some would say.
>>
File: Shiva58.jpg (38KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
Shiva58.jpg
38KB, 388x388px
>>17869485
This is a dream, all we know is dreams; when this dream ends why wouldn't we go to another one?
>>
what makes people think our consciousness is separate? Wishful thinking?

It's not like we have powers that let us leave our bodies

If our body is like a pc and the cpu is the brain, we shut down when it shuts down right?
>>
>>17874281
>If you suicide it sucks.

Why
>>
>>17869491
This. It's not something to be worried or afraid about (though my ego makes me fear sometimes)

What was it like for "you" before you were born?
Well that's what it'll be like after you die.
There is no afterlife, no soul to move on, nothing eternal, just a shutting down and turning off.
>>
We are the universe experiencing itself. When you die you return to the lifestream.
The stream runs through all the universe and when someone is born a drop separates from the stream for its soul and when it dies the drop is placed back into the stream.
However, just like a normal water stream once the drop is back in you will not get that exact drop back out. If some of you returns to life it may only be part of you not the exact same soul as last time. This explains personality variance in all of us and why some people have flashes of past lives.

With this in mind it is no longer difficult to imagine "we are all one", because we actually all come from the same stream, just different drops.
>>
>>17876372
>return to the lifestream

This meme has to end.
When did this garbage become so mainstream and acceptable?

>past lives

You can't be serious.
>>
File: the_blank_tombstone-400x214.jpg (41KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
the_blank_tombstone-400x214.jpg
41KB, 400x214px
Here's a pertinent thought experiment.

Would you rather live a happy, easy life, but die alone, miserable and full of sorrow?

Or live a difficult and tragic life, but feel peace and fulfillment on your deathbed?

Assuming there are no third options, which do you choose, and why?
>>
>>17876403

The first since both lead to death anyways and everyone dies alone
>>
>>17876443
I assumed this would be the choice of anyone comfortable with death. For those who've accepted mortality, a lifetime of happiness in exchange for a few moments of misery before it's all erased in expiration is the obvious choice.

For those still grappling with the concept of death, the choice is to make the most terrifying moment of their existence as comfortable as possible.
>>
>>17869485
Using caps lock is a great way to get your points across, and defo makes you the coolest anon on this board, but the fact of the matter is that by setting so many girl's panties at once the good Lord becomes jealous, and will condemn you to he'll.

I'm only gonna go to purgatory for writing run on sentences, and not keeping a close enough eye on what my autocorrect is doing so I keep writing ducking instead of fucking.

Now you know you are gonna burn eternally, feel better?
>>
>>17876463
Those were honest mistakes too... see what I'm saying?
>>
Whether or not you fear a void of nothingness is irrelevent because if that is indeed what awaits beyond death, you'll be beyond the point of caring when you meet it
>>
>>17874018
well you will have some one memory but it deppend will you focus to remeber or not.
>>
>>17874913
Yes but no one prove it in 100% you can't prove it right now but mostly yeah.
>>
>>17876372
so if i kill all people and transfer myself into robot there is no more stream of water?
>>
>>17874913
Our bodies are antennas of consciousness, tuned to channel our spirit. When we die, we return to our spirit, which is currently being broadcasted into reality.
>>
>>17869514

quantum suicide paradox. Once you asume the multiverse emerging from different possible outcomes it is impossible to die
>>
>>17876526
Literally as much evidence for a multiverse as there is for the existence of the Christian God.
>>
>>17876310

Furthermore, even if it were not a simple blackout and there would be something mystical afterdeath... It wont be YOU who explore/senta that circunstance as your, your ego, is an illusion and you are part of the prana and we are all the same. One of the first things that Barfo Thodol teaches the soul of the dead is to not fear the derrealization and losing of the ego and flow with the cosmic dance
>>
>>17876403

great m8

If we are really coming here on a planned lifexperience as some new age ideas pose it... wouldnt we have selected to be something else that basement dwellers full of acne?
>>
>>17876536
Nah no way is it planned. It's far more likely that this is some kind of test by a higher power.
>>
>>17876529

true, true, but at least the idea comes from '20s physicians
>>
>>17869537
So, you're still dead then, because everything that made you up is gone; your personality, your memories, all of it, so who cares if "your" energy continues to exist? That's not even slightly comforting.
>>
>>17874286
>You learn here how to roleplay
FTFY

>>17874913
New age/religious idiots who can't cope with the thought the they'll stop existing one day.
>>
>Babies first existential crisis.
They grow up so fast.
>>
The Afterlife is a lie designed to make people tolerate being miserable in this one. Just tell them that life is a sort of test or trial, and they will be rewarded for enduring it. Why change things when you can wait for Heaven? All of life's purposes are meaningless in themselves, only the means to the end of dying properly and helping other people "reach heaven," replicating the lie.
>>
>>17876569

> mid control to make people tolerate being miserable in this one
nice point
>>
>>17876569

It would be nature/genetical mind control for the individual to keep going. Motivation means movement and every system lifeform shows it, we mokeys trapped between the nauseam and the free will need something else to not brief ourselves warped on the floor and do nothing
>>
if there is life after death, why babies and retards die? they will be babies and retards after life forever?
>>
>>17876561

M8 no one thinks about this shit until they are close to death for sure.

If they do it's a fleeting moment where they go back to the regular grind and forget for a long time.
>>
>>17869485
Calm down faggot
>>
>>17869485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXSHl78vFpM
>>
It's whatever you want it to be OP. If you truly want to be in paradise until you become bored go for it. If you want to play god than do it. We are all unique souls that are connected to the spark of creation and we all have freedom and choice to do what we want and learn from that experience. The choice is yours and if you want to remain here in this quarantined earth than go for it.
>>
I believe in heaven and the afterlife. Hypothetically if death is just eternal sleep, we obtained consciousness out of nothing so I'm sure it could happen again in some way or another

>>17870724
they may have been legally dead but they weren't actually dead in the true sense
>>
>>17869485
man if you can't know till it's happend to you stop worrying about it.
>>
Whatever it is, it's probably nothing worth worrying about. Relax, OP. We're here now, that's what matters.

If you're still reading this OP, or anyone, can you tell me why you're afraid? I'd like to get another perspective. The only thing I'm afraid of is dying without feeling fulfilled in this life, or going on the wrong path and dying before I can find the right one. But I'm not afraid of what comes after.

What are you afraid of?
>>
>>17877385
Interesting and true.
Why quarantined? Its more like an extra class that you do. Its hard but rewarding in sense of learning
>>
>>17876569
But they are right ^^
your soul learns a lot when in human mode
>>
>>17869485
Nothing happens. It's static when you leave your body, but there isn't anything. But the thing is, you don't really care. It's like a dream state. I think maybe if I'd have kept going and realized I was dead then it may have been something, like lucid dreaming. A pick your own adventure type thing.
>>
>>17869499
>The body is not the source of consciousness but more of a symptom of it.

that's some pseudo science/spiritual bull shit right there. of course the body is the source of consciousness, its chemical signals and neural connections in the brain. thats it. if theyre off a bit, then you get a psycho, or autistic or some sort of genius. if they are really off then you get a full on retard. but your body does not exist because of your consciousness. this is real life, not a chinese cartoon
>>
>>17869930
Kinda this until you live a life "complete" your energy will keep "resetting" kinda like quantum immortality except, when you have unsettled fueds with loved ones, or you did someone/something HORRIBLY wrong the soul has to go back, and fix it. Until you are literally walking Jesus, you will continue to reincarnate.. Eventually your consciousness returns to the "source", and you are finally "one" with a collective conscious.
>>
The death experience
>be old as shit
>higher self decides you're done here
>severs the silver cord that tethers the astral body to the physical body(which in turns stops the breath - the gateway of the spirit)
>be confused. some people don't even realize they are dead and they just continue life as normal in their etheric body double.
>Usually though, your spirit guide will bring you to the astral plane and conduct a life review with you.
>After this, you get to do weird secret spirit shit for as long as you want until you decide to incarnate again to become more spiritually progressed. You've incarnated hundreds of thousands of times ever since you were birthed out of The Tao.
>As you become more spiritually developed, you progress through the 7 planes of existence, until you reach the highest plane and merge as one with the collective everything. AKA 'nirvana' or God.

It sounds, to many people, especially INTP's, that the materialist option that the physical body creates consciousness from neuron and chemical signals(lol) and isn't simply a symptom of the perfection that is the divine soul, and is the best choice for this whole matter, and I don't really have any rebuttal for this position.. but I know they're wrong, because I remember my past lives and have met my spirit guide on the astral plane, and you return there when you die.
>>
>>17869485
If you are lucky, nothing happens and you just die.
>>
>>17876549
I agree. I've always hated that "circle of life" shit. It's almost always framed like it's this glorious, wonderful thing that I'm supposed to like and respect. Well, fuck that.
>>
>>17874281
If the people in the afterlife are going to judge me for committing suicide, they should have done something to stop my life from becoming so fucking awful, due to things I couldn't control, that I wanted to kill myself in the first place. I'll take the life review. I'll sit there and look at all the suffering my suicide supposedly caused to my family or whatever, and I won't give a fuck, because they didn't help me either, and actually opposed me and didn't respect how I felt about things.
>>
>>17874913
>what makes people think our consciousness is separate? Wishful thinking?
NDEs, OBEs, remote viewing, and past life memories, among other things.

>It's not like we have powers that let us leave our bodies
There are people who would disagree with that. The US government once used remote viewing to find a crashed plane they couldn't find any other way.

>If our body is like a pc and the cpu is the brain, we shut down when it shuts down right?
It's more like our mind is the person sitting at the computer.
>>
>>17876280
Some people say it's wrong because you were supposed to keep going and learn from whatever was happening in your life. Personally, I think that if someone was in a state where they were able to follow through with suicide, they've suffered enough.
>>
>>17876529
There's even less evidence that the universe is a simulation, but well-known scientists still think it's a good possibility.
>>
>>17876602
>A non-physical consciousness is somehow still subject to physical constraints/defects
>>
>>17879969
>that's some pseudo science/spiritual bull shit right there. of course the body is the source of consciousness, its chemical signals and neural connections in the brain. thats it. if theyre off a bit, then you get a psycho, or autistic or some sort of genius. if they are really off then you get a full on retard. but your body does not exist because of your consciousness.
And if something in your TV is off a bit, the picture looks weird. That doesn't mean your TV is generating the broadcast signal.
>>
>>17880140
Personally, I have no interest in "merging with the collective everything", because I don't want to lose my individual identity. If that makes me less spiritually evolved or something, so be it. I'll stay on a "lower" level of consciousness forever and have no problem with it.
>>
>>17880380
Sure. But a body isn't a tv, its a body. Fancy metaphores dont change the way physics work and they dont make you any smarter. Sure there are lots of things we dont know about the world yet, but there is also a lot we do know. Its not magic. Energy behaves very specifically and measurably. Your not some soul or other spiritual vapour, you're a complex mix of chemicals, the consciousness can not exist independently of a living body because energy does not just magically generate and maintain extremely complex patterns all on its own. Get back in touch with real life.
>>
>>17880421
>energy does not just magically generate and maintain extremely complex patterns all on its own
Isn't that how literally everything in the universe came into existence?
>>
>>17879653
Indeed. We become part of something 'others' have created to learn 'all together' and yes it's tough but the harder it is the more greater are the reward. Remember that this reality runs it's own rules that we have to follow while here and once we begin it's our obligation to see it through or at least it's what I think it should be.

Now about this earth. Yes we are quarantined. Remember that we are simply 'acting' in a never ending play. This part of the play we are playing is trying to learn our lesson of unity. There are catalysts for both helping and hurting us and we must accept it. On this earth we are desperately trying to be free from physical attachments. It's a really amazing thing we are doing.

You say that it's a class and yes it is. However one must pay attention in class and attempt to make sense of it all or else we make mistakes, trial and error my friend, that's how you ace your class.
>>
>>17880203

>losing your consciousness and people you love
>lucky
>>
>>17880608
He's just being an edgelord who thinks that either the atheists or the fundamentalists have to be right. If the fundamentalists are right, that means it's either eternal suffering in Hell or eternal boredom in Heaven, so the atheist option seems preferable in that context.
>>
>>17880436
You really got this straight.respect.
Where did you learn?
Im a tom campbell boi
>>
>>17880425
Thats plain wrong sir.
They way you see it is the way it looks most realistic in the first place cause thats how we perceive the world.
Its counter intuitive that consciousnesd is the real thing and matter is just a way of asserting the information.
if you understand the implocations of quantum mechanics as good as bohr and einstein you will come to the same conclusion as them: matter (reality) is merely an illusion - quote from einstein.
The earth being a ball and not a disk is counter intuitive too but eventually we learned why the oceans dont fall into space and so on.
>>
>>17880389
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CboV6VO8K1c
In this video or in part 1 or 3 hes talking about this issue.
Please watch it. :)
>>
>>17880322
You got all the tom campbell lectures. Proud of you :3
>>
>>17880300
Good thought but if your teacher always help you out you wont learn much right? You are here to learn. You create this reality with your choices so you create all the situations that you need to learn for yourself. Other people either dont really help because they are as clueless as you are about their unspoken suffering or they are to wound up with their ego and also have to learn a lot.
Its trial and error.
Angels(aka guides) do help. But not by giving you a million dollars but by helping you to learn what you wanted to learn in this lifetime
>>
>>17880279
When you die you will see clearly but dont kys. Not worth it trust me
>>
>>17880140
Good man. Right.
But the tao? Sounds like a belief based metaphor.
I want to know my last life atleast.
>>
>>17869550
>eternal damnation isnt supported by christianity

Where the fire is never quenched and the worm does not die.
>>
>>17879969
Youre ignorant and wrong. Sorry
>>
There is literally nobody who can answere the question if there is life after dead, because no person ever experienced this. I don´t trust the people who had a near-death experience, because if they really would have been completely dead they wouldn´t have woke up again.

A few years ago I´ve been thinking about death alot, and literally got panic attacks at night thinking about it. But one night I had a dream of my dead grandmother, who got out of a cab, hugged me and disappeared again. Whenever thinking about death again, I remember this dream and I get this feeling that everything will be fine. Of course this was only a dream, but thinking about this really makes me believe there are things we humans simply can´t understand. If there really is an afterlife, it will be far away from the things our mind is capable of understanding.
>>
>>17881553
>because no person ever experienced this

Well you have shamanism - world wide spread with the elements that survived today still having after life experiences - that's the sole purose of it, convincing the tribe there is afterlife trough direct experience of it so that life takes a normal route.

Jesus left the Holy Spirit which gave many saints experiences of afterlife - some described the heaven in details.

There's also a modern approach to this subject: check Stanislav Grof.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1920x1069px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1920x1069px
>>17869485
As someone who died, I'll share with you the returning place.

When you die, you are faced with an extreme introspection that does not pity you whatsoever. It's that "Oh shit I was a jerk" moment or the "Oh wow, what an interesting life I've had" moment.

Regardless of the sentiment, you see a white light which may take different forms, depending on your level of understanding is.

For me, it was spherical and was like coming face to face with a star. You can call this whatever you want, I don't think it has a proper name. God, Heaven, Nirvana, over the years I've grown to call it Origin, or Centris.

Anyway, so you float in front of the light for a bit, if it doesn't want you, you'll start to sink downward. If you try to force your way in, things with wings (I wouldn't say angels, but they were kind of like hawks) will push you back and attack you. As you sink, you'll be tormented with every wrong thing you've ever done, replaying in your head over and over again. It's a constant downward spiral that ends when you give up. At that point, there is the great plain of nothing. If it wasn't your time to die though, you'll see the Codex. Make sure to answer with the word located deep in your heart, otherwise it won't open. If you know the word, you'll go back into your body after being chastised for trying to go before your time. Then waking up takes a few heavy breaths, like you haven't breathed in ages, and the thirst is unbelieable. You won't stop drinking water, also it takes awhile to get back to reality. However, that is just my experience.

My belief is that the Light is our Origin, that in death we shed Ego and Identity to return to that Light. If you hold onto Ego and Identity, you need to shed it before you can go back. You won't be "You" anymore, you lose sapience, and retain a very meager amount of sentience and perhaps one day, you'll be in another physical container.

Think of it like the Lifestream from FF VII
>>
>>17881814
This!

Read it everybody and get red pilled. He's got it right.
>>
>>17870724
death isn't having their heart stop.
maybe it was death in 1780 but today it is not.
death is brain death.
you are your brain so when your brain is dead, you are dead.
no person has been awoken from actual death(complete brain death)
>>
>>17869485
If you behaved good throughout your life, why fear the afterlife. And I say this as an atheist. Because the universe is our Creator.
>>
>>17870724
They weren't dead
>>
File: 1465755548411.jpg (10KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1465755548411.jpg
10KB, 175x175px
>>17881553
Near-death experience=/=Death-experiance

Some folks that have experienced NDE are most likely telling the truth that they have seen and heard things and this is due to the fact that they were indeed close to dying and that means that the body and brain were under very heavy stress.
This can cause all kinds of symptoms for an awake person and maybe even more so for someone who is unconscious.
NDE's are not a window into the afterlife though, because as you said, "if they really were dead then they'd be dead" and the dead don't talk.

A brain is needed in order to experience things.
Death happens when your brain degrades to the point when it cannot keep your body doing what it should, and that in turn means that the body cannot keep the brain doing what it should.
All you have ever known and will ever know is within your brain.
All happiness, sadness, love and hate, that you felt and will feel, reside within your brain.
When it dies, you die.

Knowing these facts make it a wee bit hard for me to believe in an after life since no one has been to death and then back(except in stories but lets not go there since they are just that, stories) to tell what would lie beyond.
No I think that the idea of an afterlife is something we humans have thought up for several reasons ranging from fear of death, to wanting to control people by fear of death.

Control is a very valuable thing.
Feeling safe is a very valuable thing.

Promising people that they will be happy after they achieve complete brain death if they do what you want is a good deal for you and a good deal for them, since they believe they will live after they die.. A strange predicament, wouldn't you say?

Either way, death comes for us all, sooner or later.
Sinner or Saint, Buddhist or Christian, all go alone into the black velvet void and is never heard from again..
>>
>>17881520
"Tao" is a chinese word meaning 'natural way of the universe'.
Another way of saying it is, at the beginning of the Universe, an aspect of the consciousness of God was fractalized, put at "level 1" so to speak, and placed as an individual soul to allow for a unique experience of the Universe.
Then, when every soul returns to source, the Universe is a singularity, and it starts over - fractalizing all the consciousnesses into individual souls once again. This is "The Big Bang" and it's probably going on in a cycle an infinite amount of times. It is probably a unique experience every time too.

>>17880389
Guess what? You can do that! I see no big problem with it either. Keep in mind, though, that the identity that you see yourself now, could be considered an illusion, and this will be more apparent when you die and remember all your past lives. Your *true* self is source. Every soul has somewhat of a "prime directive" ingrained within them to return to that source.
>>
>>17869485
I don't know OP but I do know that poorly worded posts using capital letters is carcinogenic.

Fuck you.
>>
>>17869485
the particles you're made of will live on forever going through the same processes that created you in the first place.
death will feel like what it felt like to you before you were born. Nothing, but not even an experience or comprehension of nothing, because your brain has to be working for that to happen. dont sweat it.
>>
>>17882586
"Don't sweat your total annihilation."

Yeah, I don't think that's realistic.
>>
>>17883430
It's realistic enough that suicide is the 10th leading cause of death worldwide.
>>
>>17883491
>I've seen how people naturally sweeten up to the concept as they get older.
That's because they're older and they think their only choices are death or continued old age. I don't think any of them would turn down continued existence without old age.
>>
>>17883514
Suicide happens because people are suffering so much that they'll accept annihilation as an alternative, not because annihilation is such a great thing. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>17883524
Did I say it's such a great thing? I was saying that it's not worth sweating for those who take their own lives. That doesn't make it good. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>17883536
I'm pretty sure people who kill themselves would prefer an alternative that fixed their problems rather than being forced to annihilate themselves instead. They "sweat it" as much as anyone; it's just that they have no other choice.
>>
>>17883555
I don't agree. I think they "sweat" the alternatives more than death, so they take the path of least resistance. We're sort of talking about abstract unprovable things now though, & I gave my two cents, so I'm out
>>
File: 1454116762815.jpg (12KB, 237x232px) Image search: [Google]
1454116762815.jpg
12KB, 237x232px
>>17880011
Wow trip dubs
I'm with this guy
>>
>>17881496
I actually put that all together from other things I've read/heard. I hadn't heard of Tom Campbell before this thread. The government using remote viewing to find a plane was something I first heard about on Skeptiko, which talks a lot about consciousness and other things that would relevant to this thread. I will check out that video >>17881496 posted, though.
>>
>>17884200
>I will check out that video >>17881496 posted, though.
Meant to say the video >>17881488 posted.
>>
>>17884200
>things that would relevant to this thread
*things that would be relevant to this thread

Damn, that post was just full of fuckups. Relative to its length, anyway.
>>
>>17881524

>Where the fire is never quenched and the worm does not die

That is speaking of hell itself, not the destruction of the human soul.

"God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Making eternal punishment would also go against the word and be immortalizing sin.
>>
>>17869485
When you die, caps lock is permanently disabled and people like you are perma banned.
>>
File: dq43D5t.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dq43D5t.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>17876509
>By merging with all the energy of the Planet,
I will become a new life form,
a new existence.”
“Melding with the Planet……
I will cease to exist as I am now……”
“Only to be reborn as a 'God'
to rule over every soul.
>>
>>17881488
I watched all three parts. I think Thomas Campbell and I are talking about different things. Unless I'm mistaken, the part where you said he was talking about my issue is when he was answering a question from someone who was afraid of his country becoming more collectivist. He was afraid of this because he's seen collectivist cultures like Soviet Russia take away people's freedom and harm them. Campbell responds that actually, in a truly collectivist society, everyone actually benefits and ends up with more freedom. I can agree with him on that.

The thing is, though, he says it will give individuals the freedom to live the way they want to. But individuals still exist, and still have their own separate identities. My understanding of "merging with the collective everything" was that your individual consciousness would disappear, and you as a person would cease to exist. It would be no different from the things others say about your "energy" or your biological material continuing to exist after you die, even though your consciousness is gone forever. The only way it's different is that that material is now ethereal or something instead of biological. That was what I wanted to avoid. I was opposing the idea that it's proper and enlightened to want to sacrifice your existence and become some kind of ethereal goo.
>>
>>17886340
I think it's different. To me, it's like transcending yourself into a higher state of awareness that is closer to your true self. You will actually lose your current identity before you reach the highest state of awareness, aka God. It's not all at once. Putting it this way, a single soul consists of many spirits, all of which represent a single physical manifestation of a person. That's you right now. So you're a spirit. Your spirit is part of your soul. Your soul has several co-existing incarnations in different places in different times at the same time. And your soul is part of a greater oversoul that has thousand of souls, all of which are in several planets/dimensions and so forth(Even that oversoul has it's own oversoul consisting of even more souls and so on until it contains all beings). So it's a web of interconnected strings that all talk to each other in relevant ways at all times. You are communicating with it back and forth right now. As you spiritually progress, you actually experience progressing through all of your oversouls and that oversoul's oversoul and so on. You could consider your current incarnation the "oversoul" of the cells in your body. When you die, it's not that your identity in this incarnation 'disappears', it will always exist in this Now and you retain the remembrance of that state of being and what you learned from it, but you continue to transcend into higher states of being that more accurately represent your true self. You are an aspect of your soul, so that aspect will always exist within it, but you also have other aspects. So, when you die, you may choose(you can actually hold onto your identity here) to merge completely with your soul, that represents the collective of all your past lives and whatnot. From here, if that soul is ready, it goes on to merge with the other souls in a higher oversoul and so on. It is only after you are literally walking Buddha that you can merge with the top oversoul/Monad/Source.
>>
>>17869485
We have evolved too far, we are not supposed to be able to reflect on things like death.
>>
>>17880608
I'll take being utterly and irrevocably destroyed over either eternal agony for crimes as petty as unbelief or being "rewarded" for good deeds with the privilege of worshipping an insane and vengeful tyrant forever any goddamn day. Fuck "becoming part of the great whole," too, oblivion is infinity better than loss of self.
>>
>>17869485
>>>/his/
>>
>>17887024
>He doesn't know that this is the board for arguing about religion and MY CAR KEYS WEREN'T WHERE I THOUGHT I'D PUT THEM, PARALLEL REALITY!
>>
>>17887043
That, and "Hey, /x/, when I take shrooms, I can see demons. DEMONS CONFIRMED 100% REAL!!!!"
>>
I'm 100% convinced that you're gone once your brain stops working, you're not going anywhere, you'll be just as gone as you were before you were born. Thinking about that fact for too long practically gives me panic attacks, I can't stand the thought of being gone forever. That's why I don't intend to die. Science is progressing nicely in the life extension area, and if no one else does it for me, I'll do it myself. I'll spend my 20's (currently 24) studying programming and making a living off of it, my 30's getting into investing and becoming economically independent, and my 40's and onward making sure my life doesn't end, ever.
>>
>>17869485
I guess it's pretty much like not being born yet. why would I be scared of something I won't experience? (I'm talking about being dead, not dying)
>>
>>17880140
>but I know they're wrong, because I remember my past lives and have met my spirit guide on the astral plane, and you return there when you die.

okay buddy, you're totally sane
>>
>>17887164
Have you even astral projected retard? Seriously I'm tired of all the newfags on this board.
>>
Meh >>17869485
Meh who the fuck cares if theres nothing then fuck it, if there is something then it has nothing to do with the living so fuck it live in the here and now instead of living in the what may be at least that way if theres nothing you haven't wasted your life if there is something then woopdedoo another existence with a different set of issues and problems I.e same shit different life.......
>>
>>17869491
when you're dead, black doesn't exist. there is no color. it is the epitome of nothing. it is nonexistence. we as human, and animals, cannot understand nonexistence; because we only understand existence
>>
>>17874286
>a avatar
>lifes

yeah you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>17876386
ur just a bucket of fun
>>
>>17869514
i do think that too, lets start a cult
>>
>>17869537
http://www.thethinkingblue.com/eulogyfromphysicist.html
>>
>>17869485
>HOW DO PEOPLE HANDLE THAT FACT
People have more important things to do than reminiscing death and afterlife all day.
>>
>>17887020
>I'll take being utterly and irrevocably destroyed over either eternal agony for crimes as petty as unbelief or being "rewarded" for good deeds with the privilege of worshipping an insane and vengeful tyrant forever any goddamn day.
Yep, this is exactly the kind of false dichotomy I'd expect from an Internet Atheist. "If God is real, he must be the fundamentalists' God!"

>Fuck "becoming part of the great whole," too, oblivion is infinity better than loss of self.
I do agree with you on this, though, except I don't think oblivion can be "better" than loss of self. They're effectively the same thing, so neither of them can be better or worse than the other.
>>
>>17887396
That is such pretentious nonsense. No one gives a fuck about BTUs of heat or photons or waves or what-the-fuck-ever. They care about fucking CONSCIOUSNESS. No one is going to be comforted by hearing about how their loved one left behind inanimate, unthinking, unfeeling particles that are still in the universe. What matters to them is that THE PERSON IS FUCKING GONE.

>"According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone"
Except for the only thing you ever gave a fuck about: Your consciousness.

I thought atheists were supposed to be all brave and tough and shit, and able to face the harsh reality of oblivion. Well, fucking do that. Don't make up shit like this to sugar-coat and poeticize it, because no one's going to like it anyway.
>>
>>17869485
You die and become born again into another human. With no memory of the person you were before. simple. Just a simple hard reset. Like a video game.
>>
>>17869485
Don't let your imagination run wild. It'll just make your afraid of death and run your life
>>
I'm not sure if theres any way to know for sure what happens when you die, but for me experiences have suggested there is alot of strange phenomena that happen, that people try to theorize into some boring neurological process. I bought into it, thought of life as this boring random ass occurance. Lose someone and experience them first hand after that and it'll shake all that shit up. All of it though, your deja vu's, dream premonitions, highly unlikely coincidences you might have. It's all quite strange. But above all. Lose a brother, a week goes by nothing happens, no friends or relatives speak of anything out of the norm, you have a very bizarre electrifying and paralizing experience accompanied by your brother, the message is short and sweet "everything is fine" basically which is basically what alot of people experience, you would think the person would be like "yo this is whats up, blah blah blah" and red pill you on existence itself. Nope, fuck you, everythings alright, thats what they give us. Anyway.... so where are we, hes gone for a week, nothing from anyone strange happening, this happens to me (the actually experience with details would take forever to explain...) I immediatly got my other brother to go outside and have a smoke outside with me and tell him about this whole thing, he didnt say much.. probably thought it was some kind of psychological grieving process i was going through, until we walked back into the house, my other roomate woke up and sluggishly came down stairs and immediatly said "I had a dream your brother was here at the house". Chills... fuck man. I think at that point I was just stuck in this surreal drunken feeling till I got to work, and a female friend of ours ( my brother and I ) comes straight to me and tells me SHE had a dream about him. But it wasnt really him, she didnt elaborate much, basically said she had a feeling it wasnt really him but another being posing as him... Fuck that. it was him, and mine was not a dream.
>>
Anyway, so yea, for me theres something else. Not really sure what that is, but that changed my life forever.
>>
>>17888367
Haha man, that's only striking the surface of the types of bizarre shit that people experience. I'm glad you understand the perspective of knowing that there is way more out there than what we seem to be "allowed" to know about in detail.
>>
>>17869485
I'm not as afraid of me dying as I am of my loved ones dying. Call me selfish, but I'd rather die myself than suffer through watching someone I care about die before me.

Having said that, I still wouldn't want to die. I feel I've learned so much and struggled for so long that it would all have been for nothing.
>>
>>17869485
>NO WAY OF KNOWING

If there is nothing, there's no way of knowing.

If there is a heaven, and a God, and God is good, then there is a way to know.

There is a God, and God is good.

If you want to go to heaven, shut your mouth and get off your ass.

If you don't want to go to heaven, then do what you want. But I suggest shutting your mouth.
>>
>>17888097
So, you're still dead then. Your memories, identity and personality are gone forever, so you are effectively dead.
>>
Your material gets recycled.
If you haven't figured out that life is a training program/character generating simulation by now then you should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>17888511
>there is a way to know
Let me guess, the words in some musty old desert-dweller's book that's been edited and reinterpreted and distorted heavily over the centuries and yet still taken as the infallible words of the creator of the universe by an absurd number of brainwashed people?
>>
>>17888534
You first, buddy.
>>
Why care about death when you're alive right now?

Goddamn humans.

Sometimes I just do not get you.
>>
>>17880300
Most narcissistic post I've read all day.
>>
>>17888555
I figured this out so am having a lot of fun experimenting on the natives to amass influence.
You're the one wracked with existential angst.
>>
>>17869485
There's no way of knowing what it was like for you before you were born, since you didn't exist. Death is essentially the same thing. You'll cease to be and that's it. Deal with it.

Most humans are self-entitled pricks who think they go to some special place to make them feel like that's their purpose in life. Or some humans use it as a way of coping with the loss of a loved one. An average person doesn't like the idea of having a nihilistic viewpoint on life.

Reality doesn't give a shit about our happiness, needs, and wants. So it's best to just enjoy the fuck out of yourself while you're still alive.
>>
>>17888564
>Most humans are self-entitled pricks who think they go to some special place to make them feel like that's their purpose in life.
"Wanting to continue existing means you're self-entitled prick!"

>An average person doesn't like the idea of having a nihilistic viewpoint on life.
And there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>17880140
>because I remember my past lives

how? teach me.

i need to know what my previous lives were good at
>>
File: tablecat.png (1KB, 197x186px) Image search: [Google]
tablecat.png
1KB, 197x186px
Guys, what if when we die... we get buried and nothing happens?
>>
>>17888367
That's fucked up man
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>17888564
>>
you'll get your chance, you'll all get your chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhwHJ7dFp58
>>
>>17888548
It's the best thing we have and will not lose it's validity until it's new edition comes out. I'd prefer believing old desert stories than some satanist sexomaniac's drug fantasies.
>>
>>17869485
Christians think they're special snowflakes for believing in eternal salvation following a dusty old book that tries to apply ancient cultures in modern society.
The human ego gets in the way of any line of reasoning when it comes to dying. Otherwise most religions wouldn't circulate around explaining death and the afterlife so much.
For most it gives assurance that "Oh, my life is terrible but if I keep acting just and attend church every Sunday it'll pay off when I go to Heaven. It'll also make me feel better since my deceased loved ones are waiting there for me."
Just because the idea of "the afterlife" feels good, it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>17889109
>Just because the idea of "the afterlife" feels good, it doesn't make it true.
It doesn't make it false, either.
>>
>>17882448
this t b h
>>
>>17881814
What was your word, anon?
>>
>>17869499
>American Idles

Who are you talking about anon?
>>
File: CkHwsKrVAAAslG4.jpg (60KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CkHwsKrVAAAslG4.jpg
60KB, 1200x675px
>>17869485
just have fun while you can op https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZCKP-H4C8
link and pic very much related
>>
File: 1464796954411.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1464796954411.png
55KB, 217x190px
.>>17889940
>tfw someone posts No One Lives Forever over Dead Man's Party
>>
>>17869514
It's called quantum immortality, and it's a pretty common belief.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>17869485
It seems to me there is this infinitely blissful consciousness when experienced is like a singularity of infinite bliss which is the awake state. We are its dream state. It dreams what we call realities and in its awake stake feels good man.
>>
>>17889147
So where's the concrete evidence to prove the afterlife exists then?

Books and testimonies are fallacious. Religion hasn't provided solid proof equivalent to fossil records or proper Scientific procedures hinting at some sort of Godlike being.

Claiming an afterlife exists means you have back up your positive statement, since that's how logic and reasoning works. Otherwise I can say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists in the afterlife and you can't say otherwise because what I say is always right.
>>
>>17870724

Except anything they could ever know woukd be unreliable information that occurs in a state of intense hormonal response of being brought back to living.

Also death isnt scary, once you accept you have no control over your life. Which you dont. Its the dying part that is really emotional, the part where you are waiting to fall out of conciousness. The moment you have to console someone after a cherished loved one died. That is true suffering.
>>
>>17869485

Neverthere.

Imagine the inexistant existant, the antithesis to itself, something more and less than nothing, but not anything.

Incomprehensible and not subject to perception, paradoxes or fallacies, it is the anticoncept, the Neverthere.

To put it simply, 'nothing' is still a presence, it's something.

The Neverthere is not.
>>
>>17869485
there is some dream like state where u just watched some memory ; and then there is light at the end of vaginal tunnel
>>
>>17869553
whatevre u do do not kill yourself ; u will get born at the same place to repay your debt ;
>>
>>17893407
I came inside that vaginal tunnel without condom
I felt like I died already and was re birthed
>>
>>17869514
I believe this as well.
>>
>>17869514
I think that's called dark souls
>>
>>17869514
I want to get off mr bones wild ride
>>
>>17869485
>>WHAT REALLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE
the same thing that was happening before you were born. do you recall anything from before you were born?
>>
>>17889042
It really isn't, though. It teaches people that it's fine to hate certain groups of people, and that you should mainly do good deeds because it'll keep you out of Hell, not because it's the right thing to do. Most religions are based off "Do this...or else!" and that's not something I can agree with.
>>
So, hey, question for you Christians out there: Let's say I told you "Hey, Anon, I'm willing to put you up rent-free in this amazing mansion, got everything you could ever want, but if you don't do this, that and the other thing, I'm going to flay you alive and do other horrific things to you, and you'll be alive and conscious the whole time."
Would I still be the "good" guy?
>>
>>17887209

>overanalyzing a shitpost

Chill mr. philosophy man
>>
You go into a cosmic blender and awaken in a new universe as a new animal
>>
>>17876403
Second one easy
>>
>>17869485
you awaken in a random point. where you pop up isnt based on anything. its random.if your in what looks like water you probably wont wake up. it saps your strength and you sleep.

if you awaken regardless of were you are you will probably have to wander and be wary of any you see.

if you awaken in 1 spot in particular its a island small. there is a entrance to a maze. do not go in. its a trap. others who wandered in that have been there for a while have grown hungry but there are no mcdonalds or grocery stores. there is no game to hunt

if you do go in and make it to the end you will be rewarded but the maze is not a fixed shape. walls merge and the way you came in is blocked and the way forward changes by the second. it is just to protect the 2 who live at the center of the maze. they are not human and never were

humans are seen as pest like rodents in the afterlife
>>
>>17880140
The animus working pretty well for ya?
>>
It's like before you were born. Try to picture that. It's like the space inside your skull, try to see that. It's like trying to see the back of your head in a mirror-less room, try and catch sight of it. That's what death is, it's out of sight and out of mind and cannot be experienced for there is nothing to experience, it's nothing.

It's not even 'forever', because that still implies an observed, someone experiencing forever. It's non-existence.
>>
I don't know if there is a life after death. but if so, i guess our "ourselves" would just pop out of our bodies and we would wander around the existence, watching the history, traveling trough planets and trough time, till we get bored.
>>
>>17869537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.