[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do you think we go after dying??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 1465951104376.jpg (17KB, 261x247px) Image search: [Google]
1465951104376.jpg
17KB, 261x247px
where do you think we go after dying??
>>
will i go to hell for not believing?
>>
people come on here to post a suicide often?
>>
Wherever your final thought takes you.

"And whoever, at the time of death, quits his body, remembering Me alone, at once attains My nature. Of this there is no doubt. "(Bhagavad Gita 8.5)
>>
>>17867850
Your body is recycled, your energy (as all energy is) is changed.
>>
>>17867868
Can't attain shit if you're dead. Try again Pajeet.
>>
File: 1465921498928.jpg (89KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1465921498928.jpg
89KB, 1080x1920px
>>17867904
This. You go into the ground and become worm food. Unless your cremated then you go wherever your ashes go.
>>
>>17867936
you just disappear?
>>
>>17867938
well duh, thats obvious. i meant in terms of you personally dying. a majority of people believe in hesus and gawd and therefore heaven and hell..BUT where do you actually think you go? your SOUL?
>>
>>17867868
this is what i believe. it's important to live a fulfilling life with no regrets or attachments at the end.

>>17867938
how do caskets work? i had a death in the family recently that made me think about this. it's pretty stupid to bury our dead in caskets because all those wonderful decaying nutrients just go to waste. we could be living on greener pastures if we buried our own dead instead of literally paying thousands for someone else to do it.
>>
Big card game tournament in the sky.
>>
>>17867850
You're all going to eternal torture land
>>
>>17868004
caskets are a waste of money, but it gives people a job. some people also prefer to look at their dead beloved before waving their farewells..and some people have that money. or maybe the one that died asked to be placed in a casket?
>>
>>17868027
we are already in torture land
>>
what are you doing at life make mistake you will go to hill but if you do what the god say you will go to heaven its simple
>>
>>17868057
what if you dont believe in heaven?
>>
>>17868032
i think viewing caskets are ok, but once the funeral is over the organs should be harvested and/or the body needs to be buried in the dirt so that it can nourish the earth.
>>
>>17868088
no offense, i think our planet is already fucked. we are overpopulated and the people careless about earth. AND people dislike people
>>
>>17867850
>>17868067

It depends on what you believe and ask for.

If you believe in heaven and act appropriately, you go there.
It's possible to get kicked out of heaven and have to wander around earth as a ghost.

If you believe in reincarnation, you are reincarnated.

If you don't believe in any afterlife, it's possible that your soul can die.

>>17868100
The world is not overpopulated. That is a doctrine to make you dislike humanity.
>>
>>17868141
>soul dies
Top kek, raise your density bro.
>>
>>17868141
where are you getting all of this? the bible??
>>
File: Chen-gif-1425580844176.gif (666KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
Chen-gif-1425580844176.gif
666KB, 294x233px
>>17867850
Hip 90's Valhalla.
All them broken arcade cabinets, techno, good animated shows and brawls about which system is the best.
>>
>>17868155
back to the future reference, nice bruh
>>
>>17867850
You go into the ground retard. There is nothing special about death. It's pure fucking nothingness. Like before we were born. It's just like that. Nothing.
>>
>>17868141
The world is overpopulated with third world retards. Please westerners start having more kids!! Population projections are going to turn the world into Africa!
>>
>>17868170
>>
>>17868179
OR just ask mexicans to stop fucking
>>
>>17867938
>>17868170
>>17867904
>>17867964
I continue to wonder why materialists post on /x/ at all.
>>
>>17868170
you could go into the ocean, the air, etc
>>
>>17868004
>this is what i believe. it's important to live a fulfilling life with no regrets or attachments at the end.
Nice platitude. Also completely impossible.
>>
>>17868193
>>
>>17868187
because..your here as ANONYMOUS
>>
To animeland with your waifu
>>
>>17868187

Because Willhelm Heisenberg was much smarter than you are,
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 640x904px
>>17867850
Here is the short of it;

Your afterlife is a loose remake of your mortal one, and it's atmosphere is based entirely on the track record of your life.
Let's say you had a great childhood; Both parents in your life who are happily married, love you very much, make holidays a magical time etc. A good chunk of your afterlife will be childlike fantasy, full of stuff like living inanimate objects, dragons, dinosaurs, Santa Claus, the kinds of stuff kids obsess over.

Then let's say when you're 16 or 17, one of your folks get debilitating cancer or a close friend dies in a car accident, you become morbidly depressed, maybe even develop a drug habit. That part of your life reflected when in the afterlife will look like old rotting and cracked drywall in an abandoned building, possibly even inhabited by things like diseased animals and pest swarms.

Then after that, you could be 21 to 25 by now, you find closure, realize that things happen and you have no control over them, and that all you can do is live life within what you can control. The afterlife in this area will be full of long valleys and fields, spotted with lakes, nothing particularly noteworthy as it represents the neutral stance you've taken towards life.

By the time you're 35-42 you've likely found love again and have long since come to terms with your tragedies and losses, and can start fresh again. This corner of the afterlife will be full of nature, lush trees and blooming flowers everywhere.

The rest of your life from there is a wildcard, but you get the idea. Tl;dr The next life is what you make of your current one.
>>
>>17868350

What if I was a warlord that completely reformed the horrid society of Earth into a glorious, philosophically relevant advanced society that continued on like that until it eventually evolved and became godlike?

Do I get a few extra fucking posies?
>>
Hevean and hell are where you go if you hold the constructive beliefe in god and he word, our energy\soul hold more pretty less the memories accumulated whist under the illusion of concesness. Once you break free of the illusion of god, then your energy returns to the infinate nothingness that all things come from
>>
>>17868368
That's beyond speculation being that it's far fetched. But seeing that you're a warlord who strongarmed the entire world into what's best for it, I'd imagine your afterlife would be split right down the middle between two extremes. One half being a scorched earth battleground covered in corpses and blood, twisted metal and biochemical clouds littered all around. The other half would be a technological utopia full of prosperity and stability.

Re-reading that I don't know why I entertained that thought so much, you are just probing me aren't you?
>>
>>17868187
energy is not material.
>>
>>17867850
The ground.
>>
>>17868004
So they can swindle you out of $10k for a fucking corpse box, that's really about it.
>>
>>17868196
no it's not. i feel sorry for you, except not really.
>>
>>17868454
It's also not conscious. I really don't give a fuck if my "energy" survives the death of my body. I only care if my consciousness survives.
>>
I think that is stupid think about it. People should be free to be good or bad within other people telling them that they gonna go to hell.
My plan is be just like i fucking want, and after i die, go to the place that i deserve
>>
>>17868032
What lies beyond this world is a mystery but what we do know for certain is that God prefers those who travel in style.
>>
Nowhere, your body decays and your consciousness just disappears, we are nothing we die alone
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 229x221px
>>17868723
>>
>>17868614
This. Even if your "energy" exists after death, everything that made you YOU would be gone, so you're still effectively dead.
>>
>>17867850
Hate to break it to ya, but this life's the only one we get.
>>
>>17868387
>then your energy returns to the infinate nothingness that all things come from
And that's desirable because...?
>>
>>17867850
Arbys for beef n cheddars
>>
I believe in heaven and hell. I also believe in ghost. Pretty much I think ghost are souls that do not realize they are dead and get confused. They can not seem to move on to they know they are in fact dead.
>>
Ghosts exist and their actions appear to be more or less governed by human-like consciousness. Hence you either stay here if you are trapped by a mirror or have unfinished business, or you wander off to the spiritual world.
>>
Hell
>>
The power of nothiness, is to not be taken lightly for everything counts. Even space and darkness. What we can't see still takes up space and what we can't feel still exists. Enter dark matter
>>
Detroit
>>
>>17868766
Because it makes pretentious atheists feel superior.
>>
File: i don't know.jpg (23KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
i don't know.jpg
23KB, 500x449px
"where do we go after we die"
I don't know man, all I know is that having this body on earth seems to be more attractive than the end itself.
>>
>>17867850
Heaven, Hell, our next life, or purgatory.
>>
We see a game over screen complete with stats like, how many times you pooped, how many hours you slept, distance traveled, etc. Then we go on with our real lives.
>>
>>17867850
Detroit
>>
>>17867850
Well, what do blind men like to see?
>>
>>17867850
We are recieved with opened arms by the living love that is all.

Or not. And you just go blank or whathever
>>
>>17868766
Nothingness, desirable? Of course not how can nothing have properties to desire. You clearly can't comprehend nothing.
>>17869028
Also not athiest, I'm more along the lines of a buhdist or Taoist, but don't strickly follow any religion. god is as we are a product of nothing so why would I woship a proxy through which nothing can take form. I may as well just worship my own father or that rich guy down the street because they have ideals to offer that sound inviting. I know this univirse is product of intelligent design, but the intelegence itself is a product of the existace of nothing. Learn some quantum physics and it will tell you what ancient cultures have trying to explain with religion
>>
File: 1410306253000.gif (719KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1410306253000.gif
719KB, 500x384px
It's a super dream
>>
Home
>>
>>17867850
Nowhere. You are seamlessly connected to everything. There is nowhere to go, you are it. (And you don't actually die.)
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.