[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DHMIS Theory (Spoilers)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Okay so we all know the theory that each of the main characters of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared are different age demographics for the media. I will be using this theory partly for my theory here.

In the last episode of DHMIS, when the Red Guy pulled the plug, the whole thing seemed to restart. The three main characters were in a very green hued room, with a green door, and they were all their favourite colours. Blue for Red Guy, red for Green Guy (or Duck), and green for Yellow Guy.

If you take a moment and think about the colours they posed in the first episode, you will notice a pattern. Red Guy chose blue, which is the colour of Yellow Guy's hair. Green Guy (Duck) chose red, the colour of Red Guy's hair. Yellow Guy chose green, the colour of Green Guy's hair.

First of all, recap on what it is. The demographic theory, is the theory that each character represents a target age group for the media. Red guy is the teens, (and later young adults). Green Guy is the elders. Yellow guy is the children.

Now keep in mind, hair is used to express themselves. Now if you think about their choices, in terms of age demographic. Teenagers like the way children express themselves. Children like the way elders express themselves. Elders like the way teenagers express themselves. Basically, Teenagers want to be child-like, children want to be all grown up, and old people want to go back to their youth.

They all change to their favourite colour. I think that also means that they are able to express themselves in their favourite way through media. For example, Red Guy is blue, Teenagers can act a childish (Going to point at young Bronies since they are a good metaphor). Yellow Guy is Green, showing that children are allowed to do more and more adult things, (Play GTA, watch South park, etc.). Green is red, showing that old people can do things teenager would.

The media today allows us to act how we want. A privilege that wasn’t around for the cast of DHMIS until episode 6.
>>
Why is this in x, there's nothing paranormal about those videos
>>
>>17866937
There was another post with DHMIS so I assumed it should go here. My bad, what board do you suggest I switch this to?
>>
File: 1460696687020.jpg (124KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460696687020.jpg
124KB, 960x720px
>>17866937
People use this section for horror in general, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>17866937
Lots of people find it creepy, or at least claim to. Normals seem to get the willies from anything remotely cryptic or abnormal, even stuff that's on purpose that way. Alan Resnick is wildly popular.

I'm well past the point where I can comprehend the reasoning behind it. I don't get your tastes in music either. I don't call that cause for objection.
>>
>>17866906

The only hole is like to poke in this theory is that elders don't really like the way teenagers express themselves, unless elders are mad at teenagers because they can express themselves that way and elder no longer can do it manifests as elders detesting teens.
>>
>>17867034
In all honesty /b/ is better for that. They even like this series a lot. But it's dark undertones don't make it paranormal. It's just a well made series
>>
>>17867267
I don't see what you mean
>>
File: 1456369871605.gif (359KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1456369871605.gif
359KB, 640x636px
>>17867277
Because you're not thinking creatively?
>>
>>17866906
How does this connect to the lessons? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>17867301
I don't think it does, but my theory is just an added interpretation on the ending scene mostly.
>>
>>17867325
It's a good one, but I'd like to hear your take on the series as a whole.
>>
>>17867245
True. I could explain that by saying that Elders like how more time there is for teenagers, but then again there's no evidence for that in the series. Oh well.
>>
>>17867336
I'll need time to think about that actually. I will come back and re-respond later.
>>
>>17866906
omg! I love your theory, its so true!
>>
>>17868487
Thank you! :) Every theory is canon according to the creators though. C;
>>
>>17868603
Well then my theory holds a bit more water than I thought. (Fairly long post incoming.)

Roy, the yellow guy's dad, seems to be depicted as the bad guy ever since episode two (not including the "HELP" videos), right? Well what if he's actually trying to save green bird and yellow guy from the red guy? Just hear me out.

We don't see Roy until episode two. This was, if the videos go in chronological order, after the characters face their first threat - the notebook and morphed understanding of creativity. There was a scene in the first one where the characters seemed to morph into what most believe to be their future selves, but who is the one that did not change? Red guy. If my theory is right, his lessons could not be used against him.
The only thing confirmed in the series about Roy is that yellow guy considers him a friend and that he owns a computer. That gave me an idea about episode four. After three lessons of madness without any way of stopping it, Roy uses his computer as a way to "trap" green bird and yellow guy in a digital matrix that he knows red guy won't enter. Red guy mashed buttons and tried to even unplug the computer before the other two were sucked from his grasp, but he couldn't. With no way of directly interacting with them and showing them more of his lessons, the red guy invented a super computer - allowing him to send in several different teachers. In this, he included past teachers, many new ones, copies of green bird and himself, and even a remake of Roy's computer. By the time episode six rolls around, red guy has become bored with indirect lessons. That's why he is drowsy when we first see him in the last episode. He was thinking of how yellow guy was being tormented by the teacher he'd been left with, but it just wasn't enough. Red guy needed to show more people about creativity. However, they would not listen.
>>
>>17869399
(Cont.)
Instead, his stage performance backfired and let Roy know just which one of the red people he was looking for. Taking the opportunity without hesitation, yellow guy's father diverted red guy's attention and swiftly activated a teacher of his own making - the microphone. That's why the red guy initially freaked out and dropped the mic. The boombox, however, was one of red guy's teachers, thus he was not surprised. He walked to his super computer to check yellow guy's progress. With time running short and yellow guy not even close to death yet, he hastily mashes buttons and accelerates the yellow guy's descent into madness. Crying got louder and pleas for mercy quickened. Roy closed in on the red guy and touched his shoulder. The red guy knew his time was just about up, and he tried to do the only thing he could think of. He had no idea what it might erase or cause, but he did it. "I wonder what will happen," he said moments before literally pulling the plug on his entire operation.

If anyone actually reads this far, thank you.

TL;DR: Red guy was behind it all, and Roy was trying to help the other two to escape.
>>
>>17869399
Interesting theory. :)
>>
>>17867034
You're fine anon. I learned about DHMIS right here on this board. Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>17867034
/co is better suited (animation, puppets) and a faster board but here is fine too
>>
>>17867034
this place is fine, the symbolism and dark themes of DHMIS is fitting.
>>
>>17866937
>>17867267

get the fuck out of here you fucking autist
>>
My own theory is that they are in hell. an elaborate depiction of hell where the characters are doomed to suffer illogical torment from seemingly friendly figures.

I remember in a make believe interview with the Cast of the show that I read a while ago. Roy states something about his son: "HE has allowed his eyes to grow arrogant, I will send him to the land of punishment for this.

I believe Roy may very well be a Satanic like figure. An ultimate punisher and he is responsible for punishing those stuck in his land of punishment.

The remaining mystery is "what have these three done to deserve being punished like that?" This is something I personally cannot answer for.

I think that, in episode 4, Red guy was able to escape this land of punishment by exploiting a hole in the Matrix caused by the Computer feeding on the other two. Red guy rejecting the computer's invitations to its Digital home seemingly allowed him to bypass its security and was allowed to escape in the "real world". Once in the real world, his friends were still stuck in the land of punishment and, while he tried to live his life normally surrounded by his peers, he shown sign of trying to contact the other side to help them escape. At one point, in Episode 6, he was able to, somehow, reach Roy's computer and tried to undo his torments, to no avail, when Roy was able to reach Red guy, in a desperate attempt, Red Guy unplugged the computer to end this punishment.

But if this is representation of hell, then there is no escape and, perhaps that allowing Red guy to have hopes of escaping and helping his friends, he was fucking around with him, punishing him for having hope. Unplugging the computer simply resets everything back to the first episode much like how Torments in hell is never ending and simply repeats itself endlessly.

The only one who have the power to release these threes from torment is Roy and he won't because he is the engineer behind their punishment.
>>
>>17866906
I don't think that DHMIS has anything to do with the media.
I see it as a metaphor for killing your ego and remembering your true self really.
>>
>>17871989
But if the unplugging only restarted the cycle... what happens after December 31st?
>>
>>17871989
it was here
http://www.itsnicethat.com/features/dont-hug-me-im-scared-interview-030516
>Roy, do you have anything to add?

>My silly boy has allowed his eyes to grow arrogant and rude, for this I will take him on a trip to punish land.
>>
>>17871989
also much like the punishment, i don't think there is any reason for them to be in hell. roy calls yellow guy those things but yellow guy is such a cinnamon bun that he runs away crying when duck kills a butterfly. much like the songs and everything else, they don't deserve to be in hell but were just sent there anyway.
>>
It's all completely random and made to see how people will read into things that aren't there.
In that respect it's actually very interesting.

You are all being played like the fools you evidently are.
>>
I can believe that the creators are trying to make a point about the media being used to program kids. beyond that, I don't think there's much to it.
>>
>>17876448

I look at stuff like this and it's obvious they just made it up as they went.
>>
>>17866906
>The media today allows us to act how we want.
kek
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.