[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So something weird happened to me last night while trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: attic.jpg (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
attic.jpg
43KB, 1024x768px
So something weird happened to me last night while trying to go to sleep.

>around 3 in the morning
>lying on my mattress (which is itself lying on the floor), listening to a Youtube video on my phone, as I do every night
>suddenly, there's a very loud BANG from the corner of my room by the door
>almostshitmyself.jpg
>think to myself "Whatever, it was probably something falling off my shelf"
>there's nothing over there but the little square thing that leads to the attic
>"Right, probably nothing..."
>return to my video
>5 minutes later notice a deep thrumming sound, similar to distant thunder
>it's coming from directly above me
>pause video, strain to listen
>it's definitely a real sound, coming definitely from the attic
>but there's more to it
>I swear to God, I heard a woman (or multiple women) whispering
>freeze up completely
>I can't quite make out what they're saying, but I know it's real because I can hear my roommate snoring from his room
This goes on for around 30 minutes before it subsides. I sat there, motionless, listening to a voice through my ceiling say things I couldn't quite make out. The entire time the deep noise persisted as well. This morning I took out a stepladder and checked the attic. Nothing up there but insulation.

What the fuck happened, /x/? Am I crazy or something?
>>
>>17863679
It's the AC unit on the roof of your home. It makes those noises. They can bang, hum, whistle, creak, "moan", and more. The sound of "voices" was just your paranoia playing on it.
>>
Record it next time. Post proof for real help.
>>
>>17863696
There is no AC unit on my roof.

>>17863711
Nothing to record it with.
>>
>>17863724
Then it's the vents in your house. Your house is making the noise. Think about it, if it were something "paranormal" don't you think it would manifest itself in some other form, other than common every day noises?
>>
>>17863724
Do you own a cellphone? Yes you do. You can record it.
>>
>>17863744
Don't have vents in my attic either. I'd usually be just as inclined to look for a normal reason something like this could have happened, but there is literally NOTHING in my house that can make a noise like that. Plus, the voice was juuuust distinct enough for me to believe I wasn't just imagining it.

>>17863747
I do have a cellphone, but the lens on the camera is very cracked.
>>
>>17863754
You don't need a camera lens to record audio.

And if your house doesn't have "anything" that can make noises like this, your home isn't up to code and should be condemned before tearing down.
>>
>>17863754
You don't need a camera lens to hear a noise. Just record it so we can hear it. Or do a voice memo.
>>
>>17863764
>>17863773
Right, didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

I should clarify: there is nothing in my house that can WALK INTO MY ATTIC and make those noises. There is literally nothing up there but insulation, so unless I'm the only person in the world whose insulation doesn't make deep almost groaning noises in the middle of the night, I think my house is up to code.
>>
>>17863679
Negative energy used to reside in my room and I've deal with similar happenings. Children laughing, shadows, mists, thuds.
Bless your room/house- even if you are not religious. The positive energy you emit will change the atmosphere. Hope this helps
>>
>>17863786
The noise could be wind, vents, structural imbalance, or literally dozens of other common household things.
>>
>>17863679
Scandinavia fag here.
Sounds like a nisse to me. (Lebrechaun, elf or whatever you want to translate it as.)
They usually take up residence in homes they like, regardless of who lives there. They are very temperamental and can be a cause for either very good or very bad luck. Take care not to disturb their lair again as this will definately piss them off. Go near it ONLY to tell them thank you for letting you stay in the house or to tell them you've left them a gift of some kind, and where it is. (Don't leave food items unless you want a rat to get to it first and then piss off the nisse)
Talk to them from the outside, never open their lair.
That's all I can think off for now. You're lucky really. My grandma told me that if you get on real good terms with them, you can try and ask them to pester your enemies. They are not inherently evil, just mischievous, so this is nothing as severe as a real curse. They'll just cause some sick bad luck to your enemies(or you), depending on if they like you or not.
>>
>>17863679
its normal. just dont interrupt them. they get creepd out when you do that
>>
>>17863846
So you came to that conclusion with this "evidence"?:
>3AM
>loud bang
>deep thumping sound
>feminine whispering
>>
>Phone literally in hand
>30 minutes and didn't think of recording the fucking voices
Retard or roleplayer? Wait, there's no difference.
>>
>>17863867
My reasons are the following:
>in the middle of the night, we are usually asleep. Could be they got pissed off because of noise from yt video or they thought OP was asleep
>nisses can't avoid making noise sometimes, especially during gatherings.
>low humming noise could be them singing.
I have no idea how the humming noise sounded obviously, but the description of this experience made me think of the stories my grandma told me about nisses.
Especially around the summer equinox they are more active, so if the humming were to be singing and the whispering were them sharing old stories and "kloge-kone" advice(kloge kone; wise woman; witch), it doesn't sound too far off to me.
But again could be that my grandmas stories were just that; stories.
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth since this rang a bell for me.
Do with the info as you will. But if it were me I would rather be safe than sorry.
>>
>>17864008
*read humming as thrumming or thumping.
I was so busy explaining why i thought the other things were "evidence", that i left out the part where I explain that nisses don't always sound human like. That's what made me think that they were having a summer solstice gathering and where sharing stories as well. I made as much sense as i can, i think. But feel free to ask any questions.
>>
>>17864008
*read humming as thrumming or thumping.
I was so busy explaining why i thought the other things were "evidence", that i left out the part where I explain that nisses don't always sound human like. That's what made me think that they were having a summer solstice gathering and where sharing stories as well. I made as much sense as i can, i think. But feel free to ask any questions
>>
File: The Fun Stops Here.jpg (4KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
The Fun Stops Here.jpg
4KB, 125x124px
Have you looked into the history of the house

If there are any deaths that could be it or some bitch is living in your attic
>>
We have a squirrel that chills in the patio roof. Sounds exactly like what you've described.
>>
>>17863867
He's scandinavian ,brononymous...duh!
>>
>>17863724

>watching videos on phone
>"nothing to record with guys"
>>
>>17863724
>watching videos on phone
>Nothing to record it with, guys
>>
>>17863846
shut the fuck up
>>
>claimed to have no recording device, when he clearly had a cell phone
>claimed to not be able to record audio because of a broken lense

You've been caught red handed, shit head.
>>
>>17866143
Relax faggot
>>
>>17863679
Reading this made me feel so good for not owning an attic.
>>
>>17863679
That's because you have schizophrenia
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.