[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you prove me that magic is real ? I read a few books, they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: a201fd9a.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
a201fd9a.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
Can you prove me that magic is real ?
I read a few books, they was credible but never had something that would prove me it's truth.

I want to believe, but not to waste my time
>>
>>17862930
Define magic.

Would the xmen be considered magic?
>>
>>17862944
>Would the xmen be considered magic?
Well, not really. They're just evolved humans, aren't they ? It's kind of scientifically explained.

Magic is not easy to describe. It's kind of about another science, secret forces that can be mastered. I don't know if I'm conveying what I'm thinking about.
>>
>>17862930
>I want to believe, but not to waste my time

You're already wasting your time, so kind of a lame excuse.
>>
>>17862961
How learning things can be a waste of time ?
>>
>>17862969

It isn't.
>>
File: Basic Magic Ritual.png (190KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Basic Magic Ritual.png
190KB, 1366x768px
>>17862930
Try this.
>>
>>17862953
>Magic is not easy to describe. It's kind of about another science, secret forces that can be mastered. I don't know if I'm conveying what I'm thinking about.
There are two things about your points, so I'll talk about them seperately:

1) It's said that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Think about it this way, a box that can instantly create whatever you want is magic, but a machine that uses quantum mechanics to teleport an object from one location to another is science. Really, both are varying implementation of verisimilitude, and it's more a question of personal belief in things beyond human understanding, or a practical implementation of the method of doubt. It's up to you to pick which is more applicable.

2) You type like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Work on it, it's honestly awful.
>>
>>17862977
>1) It's said that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

By the novelist Arthur C Clarke, yes. I only hear this from people with limited experience of magic, if that.
>>
>>17862997
Or limited experience with science fiction, one or the other. I'd be interested in hearing more from your perspective.
>>
>>17862977
>1
Yeah, I I agree with that.

>2
I'm totally willing to write better, but knowing that I "type like a fag" and that my "shit's all retarded" won't really help me.
>>
>>17862976
Cool, I'll try. Just two things :

>If it's work, then how ? How was it discovered too ?

>If it works, isn't it just because of the motivation and self-confidence I'll get by myself ? Then it's not really magic.
>>
>>17863002

I have found it useful to approach magic on its own terms. It is what it is. Do this, that results. For many magic-related phenomena, a magical explanation seems more appropriate.
>>
File: 1449676022248.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1449676022248.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
>>17863003
Nice spiteful scare quotes, that's actually a tactful usage of grammar.

Being self aware is the first step to recovery. If you didn't know you wouldn't work on it.

>>17863013
I consider myself an open-minded person. I don't refute the supernatural when it's the most fitting explanation, I just don't believe most snake oil salesmen on tv. Do you have any examples I could try for myself to see the difference? I would like to know what methodology you use and if there are certain activities that are a tangibly positive, outside of basic stuff such as meditation and the like.
>>
>>17863011
The belief is that the reality is alive and concious in its own way, there are also other beings that can and assist you that you may not be aware or concious of who have the ability to pilot you and you think you are doing the custom rituals yourself. If they wish to reveal themselves to you they will show you lights or very vivid dreams, voices, and you will just start realizing alot of things as if they were known to you the whole time. I suggest looking up on the term and concept known as gnosis.
>>
Prove to me emotions are real, and thoughts. My point being proof means that something can be repeated by everyone and it works. However magic is highly dependant on the user, and the results are unpredictable. How can something like that ever be proven.

To be fair i didnt believe in it until i did the pre req meditation for other reasons. Once you master your mind and emotions it finds you. Really if you get into it without meditating enough the best you can hope for is goetia and sigils.
>>
>>17863017
>Do you have any examples I could try for myself to see the difference?

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6.html

>I would like to know what methodology you use and if there are certain activities that are a tangibly positive, outside of basic stuff such as meditation and the like.

What are you asking, exactly?

>>17863022
>However magic is highly dependant on the user, and the results are unpredictable.

Not really.
>>
>>17863019
Thanks, I'll look up on gnosis.

>>17863022
I understand. I'm meditating from time to time, but would you recommend some specific exercices ?
>>
I am not OP, but very interested in the thread.

>>17863022
>Really if you get into it without meditating enough the best you can hope for is goetia and sigils.
So somebody who doesn’t meditate can aspire to invoke some demons from an old book?

I meditate almost every day. I want to invoke some demons. Based in your text, I should be able to do it. As OP, I am searching for some success to know that this shit is real and I am not wasting my time.

Can you elaborate on how can I easily use goetia and sigils?
>>
>>17863043
>Can you elaborate on how can I easily use goetia

Goetia is relatively safe for practitioners of middling skills or better. Best practice is learning ceremonial work first.
>>
>>17863052
We are searching here to some real stuff just to start, not just ceremonial buzz. Can you link some specific material so I can start the fastest possible?
>>
>>17863061

See >>17863038.
>>
>>17863179
Any other stuff ?
>>
>>17863199

Finished already, have you?
>>
>>17863271
No, I'm just curious about more things to practice later.
>>
>Love
Guys come on
>>
>>17863321
>>
>>17862930
You can't learn with how u think.. reread ur post, and try to find the error
>>
>>17863341
and
>error
telling?
>>
>>17863354
>>17863361
fuck me sideways.
>>
Just fucking try it yourself. it's not that hard
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.