[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are Free Masons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: can.jpg (49KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
49KB, 400x225px
There's a Free mason lobby in a building downtown where i live and all the city council have parking spots there. I've heard people say they're illumanati but i doubt it. I just wanna know what theyre all about.
>>
an old fraternity. they are just good samaritans. you must be religious to become a freemason, but freemasonry is not a religious organization. they grant knowledge via their extensive libraries. use symbols and portray lifes events.
>>
It's like a.. club nowadays. From what I've heard from an actual mason, they mostly just gather to discuss recent events and drink. Sometimes maybe help out their communities a bit.
>>
>>17860059
Go ask them.

But >>17860067 is a good answer.
>>
File: 1141902890_3f92f6796f.jpg (80KB, 478x306px) Image search: [Google]
1141902890_3f92f6796f.jpg
80KB, 478x306px
>>17860059
They're just an old boys drinking club.

Stop asking.
>>
>>17860059

Actually got invited to join.

Turns out they wanted me to be into a bunch of Christian shit and do charity work.

I was tempted because it was my bosses, bosses, boss. But it just seemed retarded tbqh.
>>
Anyone a freemason here?

I want to join, but I don't want to donate to charity, though I don't mind helping charitable organizations with work or something.

Also, how do I go past the 3rd degree? Is there another lodge I'd have to go to, in order to expand my knowledge?
>>
>>17861835

The way they put it to me was you didn't have to donate or anything (I guess that might be expected?) but you have to donate a bunch of time to helping the local charities they support. My guy also expected me to go to church (Anglican here, but I guess it varies).

Didn't seem worth the effort.
>>
>>17861809
>Actually got invited to join.
Three options:
A. You weren't invited, it just sounded that way.
B. It's a fake lodge.
C. The guy who asked was an idiot who didn't understand the most basic of all our rules: NO INVITES.

>>17861835
>I want to join, but I don't want to donate to charity, though I don't mind helping charitable organizations with work or something.
I hear that. I hate the charity stuff. If i wanted to join Rotary or Lions, i would have. Fortunately when i was WM, we canned a lot of the charity crap and focused more on Freemasonry.
>Also, how do I go past the 3rd degree?
There's nothing past the 3rd degree. What you're thinking of are side-degrees with other stories and lessons. You can join them at will, depending on their individual requirements in you area.
>>
>>17861862
>the most basic of all our rules: NO INVITES.
>There's nothing past the 3rd degree. What you're thinking of are side-degrees with other stories and lessons. You can join them at will, depending on their individual requirements in you area.
Muh brotha

To anyone curious about joining - practically the unofficial motto of the fraternity is "To be one, ask one" (often abbreviated as 2B1Ask1). Scope out a lodge in your area, shoot them an email or something (even Pensioner Lodge 001 out in Bumfuck, Nowhere has an email these days) or, just find out when they meet and show up before/after the meeting and talk with some people.

Most brothers will be happy to entertain your questions if you seem genuine, and the process to join is usually pretty short (fill out some paperwork, pay a small fee, go through a couple of interviews so people know you're not an axe murderer/just want to join the illuminati/plan to tape the meetings and publish them on youtube).

That said, it is definitely a time and money commitment. You get out what you put in, but still, "It's a once a week commitment" is about the baldest-faced lie told in human history.
>>
Free masonry seemed interesting to me until now.

Oh well
>>
>>17861862
> we canned a lot of the charity crap and focused more on Freemasonry

What does that entail? Rituals n shit?
>>
>>17861862
>>17862333
>Fortunately when i was WM, we canned a lot of the charity crap and focused more on Freemasonry.
Also curious to see what you mean by this, charity being one of the major tenants of the fraternity.
That said, I doubt you did anything wrong - I know of a few lodges who let the charity stuff eat up the lodge itself, and way, way too many Scottish Rites that went under because they refused to cut back on their learning centers, even when it was bankrupting them (apparently some of the 33's have never heard the phrase 'live to fight another day')

Nothing wrong with cutting some of the fat, when it means being better able to aid a brother in distress.
>>
>>17860059
Just a bunch of old guys that get together and suck each others dicks and drinks.

Move on goy, it be best.
>>
>>17862333
>>17862349
Education, mostly. A lot of people really misinterpret the charity aspect, and see it as alms giving, which is bullshit, and better handled by Rotary.
Guest speakers, group debates, delving into particular aspects of the rituals (and by extension how to actually apply them to life and why). All much bigger crowd pleasers than bitching over giving twenty dollars to the local school for some holiday.
>>
>2b1ask1
>police station demons everywhere
>have to pray like a faggot
>shrink house
>lie on the ground and get a fly in my eye
>didn't die
>schizophrenia
yaldabaoth must've liked it.

pedo anyway.
>>
>>17861862
>B. It's a fake lodge
So I ring the bell of this magician house and the bell breaks.

too light?
>>
>>17860059
And yes, Freemasons are Illuminati, in the sense that they accept the illuminati light. Then again, it's your subjective perception. So they really don't. Get it?
>>
Freemason under grand lodge NSW, ausfailia here.

>>17860067
>>17860074
>>17861617
And similar are right. It's really not that exciting if you want to be a wizard. It's great for meeting cool guys who will have a positive impact on your life though.
>>
>>17862320
How do I find out if there's an actual lodge in my country?
>>
>>17862896
Depends on which country you live in.
Usually googling it would be enough, unless you live in say, China or some sort of Islamic republic or something.
>>
>>17862619
>UGLNSW&ACT
My condolences. That stuff about "nothing esoteric in lodge" from your GM is rubbish.

>>17862896
Check here.
http://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.