[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys. How much do you believe in astrology? Or how much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: astrology+horoscope+wheel.jpg (273KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
astrology+horoscope+wheel.jpg
273KB, 1000x1000px
Hello guys. How much do you believe in astrology? Or how much do you think it impacts our lives in terms of accuracy of the traits attributed to each sun, rising or moon signs?

I'm a skeptic myself, but I can't stop being intrigued by some really accurate shit I see in people (myself included), regarding the traits of each sign.

Anyone up for a down-to-earth discussion?

Hugs
>>
File: tumblr_n9y63baO0f1twu5vso1_1280.jpg (50KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9y63baO0f1twu5vso1_1280.jpg
50KB, 512x512px
>>17860018
I'll just watch.
>>
I think it has some merits, but nothing particularly spiritual. More like observations were made of people over time, and vague descriptions were put out that one could apply to their own life.

...huh, now that I type that, it doesn't sound like I think it has any merit at all. I'm a Libra that used to have some pretty bad anger issues and used to be full on aggressive rather than passive aggressive like my birthday would suggest. However, any of the descriptions given can be stretched to fit any personality if you try hard enough.

I guess I'll say that I think it's fun and nothing more.
>>
>>17860088
Pretty much this.
>>
>>17860018
my rising sign is eerily accurate. i mean, i may not have the eyes or sexual magnetism of a scorpio, but i feel like the house placements with this ascendent accurately describes my life thus far. i am a libra with 4 planets in the twelfth house. i don't really act like a libra, but my values and beliefs are more aligned with the libra archetype than any other. i think that i act more like some amorphous water sign, but i only have the width and not the depth. to me, water signs are like a kaleidoscope of emotions. i can see and understand and feel the kaleidoscope of colors, but i am not the kaleidoscope.

i'm still learning how to apply astrology to others. that sort of eludes me.

i also want to know if ceres is legit. or if i should stick to modern or traditional astrology.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 266x190px
¶ And God said, Let there bee lights in the firmament of the heaven, to divide the day from the night: and let them be for signes and for seasons, and for dayes and yeeres.

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven, to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the starres also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven, to give light upon the earth:

18 And to rule over the day, and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkenesse: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
>>
It'd be nice if someone would bother to update the zodiac positions.
>>
>>17860018
Macro-Micro on the scale of humans to planets through the universe being a big fucked up thought egg or personality archetypes being born in certain seasons on earth then wise man says “it’s cuz of that star must a dun it” or the whole heavenly spheres aspect where each sphere is ruled by angels
I personally don’t give a fuck since im more interested in keeping my head together on the same path then concerned with planter alignments and shit
>>
>>17860108

OP here. Are you Scorpio rising? That is my ascendant too, and by reading some literature about its traits, I read a lot of stuff that applied to me, almost everything, if I recall correctly.

My sun is Pisces and I also feel those traits, tendency to dream, vision, etc, but hey, I have anger management issues, I am extremely vindictive, I never forget and have a very tough time forgiving and letting go the contempt from some situation I felt was bad to me. Those are not Pisces traits.

Sorry for the cliché, but, I started dating this girl today. We still barely know each other and we've known each other for a few weeks, and through those, we had almost zero verbal interaction. And what got us to this point was something a bit odd. I just felt incredible magnetism, and I think she felt it too. The stares, the feeling of being stared at without actually looking at her, I don't want to digress very much, but there was something I couldn't explain. I later found about she was a Scorpio, and went to investigate, and to my surprise, that's exactly what they say a Scorpio will act, if there's any interest. I still believe there is a lot of chaos in the world, life doesn't depend on signs and its associations and stuff happens just because.
But this intrigued me.
>>
>>17860311
yes, i'm a scorpio rising, but i'm very much a loner and the avoidant type, so if there was ever any magnetism on my part i wouldn't know.

pisces + scorpio sounds incredibly romantic and passionate to me. and pisces + scorpio rising is one of the more intriguing combinations imo.
>>
>>17860290
Name an animal or plant that isn't subject to the motion of the heavens. I'm not claiming it's all true, but the season of birth does play a role in measurable physical differences.
>>
>>17860353

OP here. Yes and yes. Loner and avoidant is also me. I'm used to, for example, going out at night to have a beer or something similar, all alone just because I feel like being alone, and keep getting people approaching me, asking me if I'm alright or if I'm sad lol.
>>
>>17860378
that happens to me a lot, too. people tell me to smile and cheer up even when i'm not feeling down. it was perplexing at first but it led me to dig deeper and deal with subconscious emotions, instead of repressing them. i think my emotions find a way to manifest themselves without me even knowing. i imagine if my life were a cartoon, i'd be that kid with a rain cloud over his head like it's normal and i don't even notice. or something like that.

i have an opinion on why i think astrology works that i will probably type up later.
>>
File: aqua.png (26KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
aqua.png
26KB, 750x562px
>>17860018
i believe in it very much. just how i was raised etc
>>
>>17860711
Yeah me too. My dad is a professional numerologist. I pretend I don't really believe in it so other people won't judge me.
>>
where is a good place to start learning vedic astrology?
>>
i used to be extremely bummed out by astrology because i'm capricorn and the interpretations of capricorn are all really unflattering.

but when i started looking into whole charts and everything i found it more interesting and started seeing a lot of accurate things.

though i still feel like as a whole it's too uneven. certain signs are so flattering and certain ones are more unfortunate. i just feel like there should be more balance, equal pros and cons to everything.
>>
>>17862541
>certain signs are so flattering and certain ones are more unfortunate

What make you said that? I think each sign is equally powerful. Each quality in a sign implies difficulties in an other area.
>>
>>17860018
I study astrology as a hobby but I use Vedic astrology and sidereal zodiac with lunar nakshatras.
For me it works better than western system but I don't want to argue about which on is better.
Everything I see happening now in the world is better in my opinion mirrored by vedic system than western but as I said this is only my affinity for sidereal zodiac, if somebody is good at western system he will probably see similar patterns.
>>
>>17862883
>>17862508

OP here. I didn't even know there were such ramifications of astrology. Would be interested in learning more.

>>17860441
Sure, go ahead. I feel like I'm on the fence about this stuff. Don't if I should just "oh fuck it" and ignore it because of said feeling of chaos ruling us all, or if I should pay more attention to it and try to better my life with that knowledge.

>>17860711
>>17862438
I'd love to hear more about it. ^^
>>
File: 1465513807916.gif (37KB, 188x286px) Image search: [Google]
1465513807916.gif
37KB, 188x286px
>How much do you believe in astrology?
Enough to analyze my chart when I'm bored and try to understand the archetypes I have

>how much do you think it impacts our lives in terms of accuracy of the traits attributed to each sun, rising or moon signs?
Enough to be accurate when I consider all three together and my life so far. I'm aries sun/cancer moon/libra rising and haven't been the stereotypical aries sun since I was a little kid (embarrassing experiences and rejection taught me to chill the fuck out a little bit), still have my moments where I'm playful/energetic/willful but they're hard to come by nowadays. Libra rising can be either a social butterfly or a nervous repressed mess, I'm the latter. Think it has a lot to do with Saturn in my 5th too but not entirely sure how. That's my own take on it though.
>>
File: 66-6-the-matrix.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
66-6-the-matrix.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>17860018

if we are software with "free will" and built-in anomalies then the zodiac of any advanced culture might be pretty close. But the less you know about your built-in OS the more options and possibilities you will have. I would advice taking it easy and don't get stuck down any rabbit holes until you have developed your discipline, young grasshopper.
>>
File: Paranatellonta.jpg (1MB, 1024x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Paranatellonta.jpg
1MB, 1024x1019px
>>17860018
>How much do you believe in astrology?
It seems pretty useless, IMO. And outdated. Astronomically I fall under Aquarius, but Astrology dictates that I'm a Pisces. So what the fuck am I, exactly?

Though as I'm studying magical beliefs I find it all very common, so I'm getting the feeling that I'll have to learn it anyway just to understand what they're talking about.
>>
File: meanwhile in eden terraforming.jpg (260KB, 680x961px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in eden terraforming.jpg
260KB, 680x961px
>>17860183

was God talking about the creation of our dimension, universe, galaxy, star, star system, planet, continental plate, or consciousness? Those words could be interpreted many ways.
>>
File: horatio-heaven-and-earth.jpg (113KB, 1004x500px) Image search: [Google]
horatio-heaven-and-earth.jpg
113KB, 1004x500px
>>17863641

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD20yjXsELo

I'm willing to believe that reality has much larger patterns of energy in it that are not perceivable by the average human intellect; I call these patterns "conspiracy theories".

There are probably other much larger patterns that are barely perceivable, if at all, by even the brightest of human beings; simply because they happen outside of our informational awareness, both sensory and in scope of time and vastness; or are so complex that our minds cannot process all the details.
>>
The whole point of astrology is that it doesn't affect you, if you don't buy into it. The entire concept was to get everyone on board, so that they all act certain ways during certain times of the year. That way, it actually *is* a predictive model, because everyone knows what to expect of everyone else. "Oh, you're a Taurus, and I'm a Cancer? I guess we can't talk now. I'ma go find a Leo, so we can hook up. Bye!" The ultimate plan was to make the entire human race into a macro processor unit, by which the individuals act as biological transistors, and whatever superstitions are decided for that month by the "oracle" or whatever act as the functions for the population to process. That's how all prophecy works--it only works, if you decide to act as the conduit for which it works. And then it does.

You don't get to stand on the sidelines, and observe prophecy in motion from an outsider's perspective, and get to understand how it operates. It's, by design, a system that only functions for the people who operate the system.
>>
>>17860018
Archetypal traits exist in at least 30% of the population, meaning that the belief can be sustained indefinitely regardless of its truth value. The reality is that archetypal traits exist in 90% of the population and it takes dedication and effort to produce a trait list that won't match at least 30% of the population, for any given list of trivial archetypal traits.

The remaining 10%? They learn to mimic the archetypal traits of the 90%.
>>
File: Deadpool-Fourth-Wall.jpg (32KB, 296x371px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool-Fourth-Wall.jpg
32KB, 296x371px
>>17863856

So, Macs don't run Windows basically?
>>
>>17863869
Your consciousness can run any program it wants. All prophecy works when a sufficient number of people agree on what's going to happen. Then, that thing happens. That's what sentience is--without efficacy, a being isn't sentient. When many people run the same program, and doing so doesn't contradict any other sentient being's senses, the thing happens instantaneously. When many people mutually aware people run contrary programs that all contradict each other, the universe takes turns manifesting each one, and so it takes a very long time for it to occur, but it always does eventually.

Everything you experience is left over manifestations from a time when maybe you weren't responsible enough to handle your own destiny. The ancients figured out this out, and with the technology they had at hand (oral tradition, sun dials) they attempted to make a system to direct the mass of human subconscious that was bumbling about within their cultures. That system was the Zodiac, and it's VERY telling that several cultures on different sides of the planet simultaneously came up with the same system. That tells you it worked, to some degree.

If you jump on board with others' prophecy cycles, it's a lot easier to see them come true. You can also write your own OS from scratch, and that works, but takes time / effort.
>>
>>17863856
>taurus and leo
that sounds like a terrible combination, dudes better off with a cancer.
>>
>>17863417
my view of astrology is basically these

>>17863856
>>17863866
>>17863907

in other words, astrology works because we want it to. for most people, there is at least one archetype or aspects of many archetypes that they can relate to and find some sense of higher purpose by projecting themselves onto. like an infant who relies on his mother to understand what he is in this world, we are like kids and the archetypal images are our teachers.

so yeah, i believe in it. it works, but i also keep an open mind.
>>
>>17864351
Yeah. There's nothing wrong with using archetypes.

We wouldn't be conscious if we didn't.
>>
>>17863417
About my dad? Sure. Well, he wrote me some beautiful astrological charts when I was a kid that had some uncanny predictions about my personality and motivations. He is also able to tell me which years are best to travel, which are best to focus on family and relationships, that sort of thing. I was very skeptical about it as a teenager and was a real shit about it sometimes. The thing is, even if it is all bullshit, it can make it easier to make certain decisions. He runs seminars, has personal clients, gets hired for corporate events. One of the most comforting things I 'found out' through numerology/astrology is that apparently I will spend a good portion of my life honing my empathy skills, then between the ages of 35-40 I will start doing important humanitarian work. I hope that comes true. Unfortunately I can't tell you some amazing story that will suddenly make it sound legit, but hopefully it has been at least kinda interesting to read about my experience with it.
>>
>>17860088
Double dubs offer double truths
>>
File: Pixiv.Id.1241494.full.1130277.jpg (773KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pixiv.Id.1241494.full.1130277.jpg
773KB, 1000x1000px
I think it's abstract art. People see what they want in it. I am a Scorpio, not sure about ascending or decending.. born on Halloween.. But I am not passionate or intense. I'm very aloof emotionally and don't like to rock the boat. I mostly associate myself with my eastern zodiac in that I'm a monkey. I have a good sense of humor and like to try to create things.
>>
>>17865126
not him but that was inspiring. it makes me want to analyze my chart again and look for something that makes me feel good, though it's scary to think that i have to look to something external from myself to find that.. that feeling should already be within myself.

i think that's why people like astrology so much, it's strongly motivating. the way i feel about myself sometimes can be paralyzing, but when i read something about myself that i judge to be good, i'm overwhelmed with a desire to be that thing. i think the important thing for people to do is to learn enough about astrology until you can get to a point in your birth chart where you find something good, and then work on it. this could take longer for some more than others depending on how critical or compassionate you are, but it would serve as some good discipline until that time comes. it really does make it easier to make decisions.

it kind of sounds religious..
>>
>>17864382
>Yeah. There's nothing wrong with using archetypes.

>We wouldn't be conscious if we didn't.

Really? I think of archetypal thinking as prosthetics for the mind. like putting your thinker on auto-pilot, and letting society run you for you. By no means an incorrect decision. Not exactly what I'd define as "conscious" though. A fish uses its archetypal instinct to drift with the currents, even as a racist uses archetypal profiling to lump every person with the same color into one metaperson within the framework of their minds.
>>
>>17865278
>A fish uses its archetypal instinct to drift with the currents, even as a racist uses archetypal profiling to lump every person with the same color into one metaperson within the framework of their minds.

sounds like pisces and virgo.
>>
File: 1449615240098.jpg (73KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1449615240098.jpg
73KB, 405x412px
>>17865294
This guy
>>
>>17865126
That's cool, I hope it works out like you expect it to.

>>17865183
Well, as I said earlier, I'm a Pisces, born in March the 8th, and a lot of things about me aren't Pisces at all. When I found out about my rising and moon signs, things made a lot more sense.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.