[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: eraserhead.jpg (375KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
eraserhead.jpg
375KB, 2000x1334px
I need a new book. What are your favorite /x/ related NON-FICTION books?
>>
Learn to use the catalog

book thread: >>17838402
>>
File: do not open.jpg (24KB, 260x299px) Image search: [Google]
do not open.jpg
24KB, 260x299px
>>
>>17847774
I also host over 5k texts on mysticism, the occult, etc., here:
>>17835181
>>
>>17847765
lovecraft
>>
File: snowflake.jpg (93KB, 659x570px) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.jpg
93KB, 659x570px
>>17847765
>What are your favorite /x/ related NON-FICTION books?
The other thread just says /x/ books, non-fiction is a subset of that. You could have asked there instead of wanting your own thread, snowflake.
>>
>>17847790

Suck a dick you triggered bitch
>>
the Bible
>>
Anything by Jim Keith, especially Saucers of the Illuminati or his Mind Control books. These are the best books that tackle conspiracies, the paranormal, and the fragility of reality. Other books of his I like include Casebook on Alternative 3, Casebook on the Men in Black, and The Octopus.

John Keel's Mothman Prophecies is the most entertaining Fortean book ever written, if you've never read it.

Jacques Vallee is one of the best UFO writers. I especially recommend Passport to Magonia which deals with the link between UFOs and folklore and Messengers of Deception which is about UFO cults.

I recently read Carl Jung's Flying Saucers book. It's far from essential Jung but it's intriguing if you're interested in the subject.

I'm currently reading Dreamland by Phil Patton. It's definitely outdated but it's interesting to read a book about Area 51 by someone is an aviation nerd rather than a UFO nerd.

I read a lot of /x/ books I buy at old book stores on road trips. It's a big hobby of mine. Let me know if you want recs about any particular subject.
>>
>>17847765
Any contemporary book detailing the state of modern human slavery is pretty damn spooky.

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Slavery-Secret-Million-People/dp/185168641X
>>
>>17847765
Do you want a spell to learn to use the catalog too?

Let's do a thread to ask this kids about those spells!
>>
>>17849385
>https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Slavery-Secret-Million-People/dp/185168641X

This looks like a good read, but can you recommend anything more recent?
>>
>>17849425
The last I read on the topic was five years ago, so no. Just check on Amazon or Goodreads or something.
>>
Quick Search, the same author wrote a book in 2016, but it seems to focus on the connections between Modern Slavery and ecological damage, rather than detailing modern slavery exclusively.

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Earth-Modern-Slavery-Ecocide/dp/0812995767

Another book written in 2015 seems to criticize modern abolitionists for having a limited view of what entails slavery. Seems a bit SJW for me, and I would guess there's a lot of "this is slavery too!" in the same vein as declaring catcalls or looking at leaked photos a form of rape.

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Slavery-Julia-OConnell-Davidson/dp/113729728X

Reminder - I have not read either of these.
>>
>>17847765
Daily reminder that eraserhead is overrated piece of garbage only autist prise
>>
>>17850880
Reminder that no one cares about your shit opinion
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.