[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating magickal tools general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Harry_Potter's_Wand.png (730KB, 2861x885px) Image search: [Google]
Harry_Potter's_Wand.png
730KB, 2861x885px
Thread for new crafters and the skilled a like to discuss tips on creating wands, staffs, etc
>>
What are methods for charging objects with magickal content? I'm sure it various depending on item/situation but how do you generally go about it?
>>
>>17846002
If you rub a wand with a magical object, it too becomes temporarily magical.

(I may be thinking of magnets.)
>>
Mine is Dragon heartstring core.
>>
There is no such thing as magic, only science. Go get a job scrub.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 570x587px
>>17847326
Kill yourself fucking moronic troll cunt.
Get the fuck off of this board and go back to tumblr summer newfag.
>>
>>17845992
this thread is a fucking train wreck.

Delete it and try again later OP, that or go ask /omg/
>>
>>17847333
Holy fuck you're triggered lol, but I agree with that guy. If magick was even remotely real all those dumbass Wiccan wannabes on Tumblr would have actually killed people with curses.
>>
>>17845992
Harry Potter is my favorite thing in the world. I'm a Slytherin.
>>
>>17847333

Says the drooling potato who belives in magic, lmao
>>
>>17847326
Did somebody get triggered?
>>
>>17848170
Wiccans dont hex or its not wiccan. Goes againt the reade. Thats why wiccans are a joke.
>>
>>17845992
Holy shit i made this thread 5 in the morning last night and holy fuck i came off as a faggot

Im sorry /x/ i have failed you
>>
>>17849976
Happens to the best of us.
>>
File: wands-002.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
wands-002.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
Here is one i won somewhere
>>
>>17849976
Still better than half the threads going on right now.
>>
>>17850917
that's pretty cute, what size is it?
>>
File: quartzcrystalpoint-294.8g-3.jpg (70KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
quartzcrystalpoint-294.8g-3.jpg
70KB, 550x733px
>>17845992
Coincidentally I was about to go out and buy some materials for my first crafted wand when I saw this thread.

I am trying to stay as far from man forged materials as possible, so I am only going to use organic elements to craft the wand with a few exceptions.

The head of the wand will be made of quartz for its properties, possibly amethyst for a personal connection. This is what I was about to leave to purchase, either at this little hippie shop that carries magical products to cater to the city's many spiritualists or at the city's natural history museum giftshop that carries a lot of geodes and gems. I had considered ordering the head off the internet where stones can be purchased extremely cheaply, but the important thing is finding the right stone and I'll know it when I find it.

Once I've found the right head stone I am going to go out in search of the right wooden base to hold it. There are a lot of pine trees in the area so it will be difficult to find the oak I wish to craft it from, but I am not committed to building it purely from that.

The other materials I am using are some collected animal bones from nature walks, and leather strips to bind everything together. I was considering going ornamental and binding some feathers near the head, but I want to let its creation feel organic and not forced.

If this thread is around when I begin crafting it I will be sure to post the progress.
>>
I got b& for posting actual advice here. But here we go again.
For making staves and other focii made out of wood, be sure to
>have sand paper, all the way from 60-1000, even more if you want
>have a barrel full of water, dunking the wood in the water helps with shaping
>have a small drill and bits for carving and etching
>>
File: STAFF.jpg (2MB, 3082x2382px) Image search: [Google]
STAFF.jpg
2MB, 3082x2382px
>he doesn't have a 7 foot long hard wood staff to show off to the ladies
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.