[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you seen anything on /x/ that has seriously impacted your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: Cover.jpg (278KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
278KB, 960x960px
Have you seen anything on /x/ that has seriously impacted your view view on the paranormal?

Or, a more general question:

What in your life has happened that has shaped your views on the paranormal into what they are now?
>>
>>17845974
x in itself hasn't really affected my beliefs or views on the spiritual world, however, I do admit that it has made me much more open minded, and willing to question life, spirituality, etc instead of going "lol buddha" or "lol god" and just ending it there. X hasn't really had any impacts on my paranormal views, besides for things like divination and all that; that shit freaks me out, yet it's interesting.

And well, not too much has happened in my life really, besides for a couple of relatively weird experiences, one time for example being me and my dad seeing a shadow figure sitting on my kitchen step, and then our family coming home to our house being 'neatly' re-arranged by god knows what.

To makes things short, X has really been nothing to me besides for a neat 'little' community that has provided some food for thought and some comedic relief for me in different periods of my life.
>>
File: mountain-hut_10465_990x742.jpg (97KB, 989x742px) Image search: [Google]
mountain-hut_10465_990x742.jpg
97KB, 989x742px
>>17845974
>Have you seen anything on /x/ that has seriously impacted your view view on the paranormal?

Seriously impacted? I suppose not. But we share a lot of good youtube videos and stories here and some of them can stick with you, which can certainly make an impact.

>What in your life has happened that has shaped your views on the paranormal into what they are now?

I have a laundry list.
>>
>>17846008
>I have a laundry list
do tell
>>
Honestly /x/ has made me realize what kind of people report paranormal shit, I don't think I believe in any of it now
>>
sesh
>>
Thing is that with most of the /x/ stuff you gotta expirience it to prove it to yourself, /x/ for me was new ideas and things that i can do/try to see etc. and i did and had very simmilar results and many spooky expiriences. Theres just too much stuff to actually write it all down, but basically theres a lot of /x/ in my life these days and im sure it will stay this was forever.
>>
File: 1466383616611.jpg (36KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1466383616611.jpg
36KB, 409x409px
don't believe in the paranormal I just come here to roleplay
>>
Finally a thread where I can share my story, so this takes place at a creek near my house in Tennessee it started off as being really bored day so we decided to go fishing since there's nothing else to do in a small town. It was quite until my friend started freaking out that someone was walking our way I don't know why but he worries about the slightest things and I just ignored it since I thought they where just coming down here to either walk around or like us go fishing but this guy walked straight to us and stopped a few feet away from us just starring.... after a few seconds of everyone being dead silence the man finally talked directly to my friend by his name asking him if he's seen his wife and kids my friend was scared shitless and just said no the man's appearance was very dirty all of his clothes where dirty he wore a hat which was also dirty but for some reason I can't remember his face. Anyways after my friend said no the man just walked away and being curious I followed him around the corner and he disappeared. It really wasn't that scary to me but it definitely felt disturbing to me just by what he asked and the blank look he had on his face even though I can't remember it if that makes sense and the chilling sensation I had the entire time.
>>
>>17845974
/x/ has turned me into a lunatic.
>>
flash drive blade, plug it in your veins
>>
>>17845974
Why does it matter? We're all going to die.
>>
>>17846043
>>17846080
Yall listen to the new sesh group album yet?
>>17846086
Go be stupid and die somewhere else
>>
>>17845974
A lot of things, but dreams take the cake. One of the most pure ones was about a small mini fridge with 3 fine art magnets on it. The next day when I woke up, I saw the same fridge with the same magnets on it at this old folks home we were shooting a documentary in.
>>
This thread is actually getting some pretty solid dialogue, especially for /x/
>>
>>17846090
But you are too going to die someday; nothing we do now matters -- cause we're all going to succumb to the nothingness.
>>
File: 1449816784395.jpg (90KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1449816784395.jpg
90KB, 500x497px
>>17846102
I have to repeat myself: go be a nihilistic little pussy somewhere else. You will die some day, yes, but that letting that ruin the time that you do have is stupid. It doesn't matter if our lives matter on any scale. You give yourself purpose. You're obviously still finding yourself, and using the nihilist perspective in a really, really stupid way, so I'm not going to hold you being a little bitch against you, but yeah. You're being a little bitch. You're going to die. I'm going to die. Your mom is going to die. Every dog you ever see is going to die. Every story you like will end. Every person you see, you will see for the last time, at some point. Get over it. Pussy.
>>
>>17846115
Woah! we got a badass over here!
>>
File: 1466434581274.jpg (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466434581274.jpg
57KB, 700x700px
>>17846131
If not being a little pussy about the inevitability of death is badass, than yeah, I'm pretty badass
>>
>>17846131
Fuck off underage pussy.
>>
I dont trust too much of what i see on the internet at face value, especially the more anecdotal stuff but i try to keep an open mind on here and i do believe in the supernatural. Even if people are misremembering or are exaggerating events, if not flat-out lying, it's often still interesting.

From my own life I've had a few events but they are mostly just deeply confusing and unsettling, only slightly paranormal IMO. The most recent and memorable one came up when i was talking to my mom about my childhood a little while back. From ages 1 to 3.5 an older lady who lived next door used tot take care of me because my parents were busy and she was lonely i think. At any rate, I don't remember much besides that she used to ask me about school (kindergarten) and how my teachers were. Strangely, I don't remember anyone else ever being around when we interacted. I was telling my mom this and she told me that that didn't make sense and i was confused because she died when i was 3 and a half and my parents didn't really tell me much about it so as not to upset me. I argued with her about this because i have vivid memories of her getting me ready for school and waiting for me at the bus stop which only happened when i was like 5-6. My memories of her seem to stop entirely when we moved to another town when i was 6. Another thing about her was she was from Ecuador and only spoke spanish really and taught me a decent amount when i was growing up. My mom mentioned i used to speak Spanish sometimes even years after she died, especially when I was alone. My parents thought it was kind of cute and was a little kid so honestly it didn't seem that weird, they thought i was just kind of talking to myself -- but there was period when I was for or so when my mom said she worried because I would do it all the time, often she'd hear me talking in my room late at night and come in and yell at me. Don't know if this is related or if its a coincidence or if the whole thing is crazy.
>>
No, but the skinwalker stories were cool when they first appeared
>>
sesh till I rest
>>
File: er300x1881.jpg (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
er300x1881.jpg
22KB, 300x188px
>>17846018
Ok but it really is a long list...

Ghosts:
>doorknobs turning themself, run out into hallway (it's empty) and get my dad, tells me nothing is there
>the doors and windows started shaking

>spent many nights at my friends haunted ranch
>white ghost face hovered behind my head which scared another friend almost to death
>clothes swiveling on coat hangers as if there was wind in the room
>stomping in the attic upstairs above our head at night
>yell at it to stop
>it stops for a few seconds then starts stomping louder

>other friends house spent the night in his room which was a loft with a few other friends
>i wake up at 3 am and hear someone coming up the stairs, taking slow creaking footsteps all the way to the top
>can't see anybody standing there but can feel them right there a few feet away from me
>friend who lives there admits it's a ghost and he's experienced it going up and down the stairs as well

>other friend lived across from a field with a haunted abandoned shack that belonged to a blind indian man from the reservation decades ago
>blind indian man died decades ago
>we are walking around in the woods behind it and walk out to the edge of the field and look at it for a few seconds
>hear crashing sounds inside like someone throwing a refrigerator around
>investigate the cabin at a later date and it's empty inside

Probably more that I'm missing.

UFOs:

>numerous UFOs in my home state including one that was up close and outside my bedroom window
>went to the famous ECETI (UFO ranch) in Washington, a place featured on the show "Paranormal State" and visited by thousands of people
>saw more UFOs there than I can count or remember
>saw UFOs in Idaho as well

Continued:
>>
>>17847476

Other:

>had a ball of light like a small marble of light float in front of me while fishing
>tried to film it, only got a couple frames of it when it moved off above the trees
>video wasn't even worth keeping because it just looked like a white pixel of something

I do go back to the spot often though and even filmed a retelling of the story for /x/ here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svn6D9UsLsQ

-had something small and hard under my skin removed from my body
>doctors wouldn't show me what it was or offer an explanation
>the nurse lady who helped during the operation looked freaked out when she was putting it in the jar
>I asked to see it and they were like "Uhhh it's just a... small thing" and took it out of the room...

>simultaneous tapping on the windows of myself and my brother during a winter night, dad went out to investigate in the snow and found no tracks

Continued:
>>
File: WILD-MS.jpg (86KB, 749x494px) Image search: [Google]
WILD-MS.jpg
86KB, 749x494px
I've told all of these stories (in greater length) in a few threads here by the way:

I think this is all of them:
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/16872906/
http://4archive.org/board/x/thread/16936567

>>17847510

CTD:

Things that happened near known Sasquatch sighting/encounter areas:

>had something that sounded like a dinosaur roar at me at night when I got out of my car to take a piss on the side of the road, sounded like it was only a few feet away

>heard something like a giant man hollering/singing in the woods during a snowstorm on the other side of the highway when getting gas

Revisited that location and did a retelling for /x/ as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHK-tvoXhOE

>while camping out on a mountain lake
Pic related
>something came down the hillside breaking big tree limbs and stopped just at the edge of our campfire moving around and snapping twigs
>it wasn't afraid of gunshots
>wasn't behaving like any bear or animal, and if it was a person it was a giant person who wanted to be shot
>we had to pack our things and leave in the middle of the night

I'll be going back to that lake this summer and see what I can film. Possible that there are caves there, as have been mentioned in some other historic paranormal accounts from the mountain range.
>>
>>17845974
My Experience: So, I have had this same dream twice in my life, and I don’t know what it means but it scares me when I think about it.
So each year I go see my grandparents and other relatives in California over the summer. One year I had this one dream that I was in a representation of the popular sandbox game “Minecraft”. Except for the fact I was on a smooth hill with a road on it. It was a clear day. A few meters in front of me there was the blocky texture I knew. Over about 50 meters away, behind the scarce amount of block trees with block leaves, is a structure that looked to my mind like a library that is raised from the ground. The walls were made of bookshelves and cobblestone blocks. There is a ladder going up to a white door. There was a lever to open the door. I open it, it made a distinct clicking sound. There is a very long hallway, 2 meters tall and 1 wide. The hallway was dimly lit by torches. I started to walk down the hall. Whenever I looked back, there was only black. I kept going forward, until I reached another white door. There was a brightly lit room in which the light shone through the little window in the door. Once again, there was a lever. I pulled it, and it made that click. I walked into the room, and saw that it was filled with wooden chests, on the walls and on the floor. All of a sudden, the lever behind me made another click. This is not possible, as levers don’t automatically shut the door, like buttons do in Minecraft. I turned around and there it was. At first it barely startled me. It looked like a combination of Slenderman, and of Jeff the Killer. Two very popular internet Creepypastas. The creature had the body of an Enderman, a creature in Minecraft, except it was completely black. Then…its face…it is the widest smile. It has a bloody, wide smile. And its eyes are surrounded by black. The rest of its face is
>>
>>17847524
so how do we explain how some people seem to have all the paranormal scenarios happen to them and how others never experience anything but still believe. Are you more open minded therefor more receptible to these experiences, or do some people just naturally attract more weird stuff. or is it blind acceptance or mental illness or education levels, possibly even location. Im not trolling i just always question how some people seem to be a magnet for X.
>>
>be me
>10 years old
>touring the Stanley Hotel (place where Stephen King got the inspiration for The Shining)
>running around taking pictures with my mom's digital camera
>look at a picture i took
>standing next to a piano was a little girl
>only a silhouette with glowing red eyes
>looked around, didn't see her
>ran outside the hotel and back to the car
>never went back inside

desu kind of want to go back to see if i can replicate it
>>
ugly mane > bones

u know its trve
>>
>>17845974
/x/ made me realize the supernatural is super natural.
>>
File: scg-eerie.jpg (75KB, 490x220px) Image search: [Google]
scg-eerie.jpg
75KB, 490x220px
>>17847810
A combination of where you spend your time and luck. I have been lucky but I still haven't seen a ghost or bigfoot with my eyes so I don't consider myself as lucky as people who (supposedly) have, including my friend who saw one behind me.

Nobody who sees/experiences real ghost activity, UFOs or Bigfoot will be able to explain it away, so it's not important whether people are open to it or not. For some people, seeing something can ruin them because they aren't open to it and yet it happens, whether it's UFOs, Ghosts or Bigfoot.

In my Mission Dam video I retold the sighting of a school principal here who watched a Bigfoot (supposedly) for 10 minutes through binoculars and it really fucked him up. He felt he had to tell someone about it, so he slowly started letting people know, until eventually he told the wrong people and they made fun of him and he left town. I am sure he regrets ever seeing it and talking about it and probably doesn't consider himself lucky for having seen one.

UFO and Ghost activity can be experienced anywhere. I just happened to have two friends with haunted houses, and one who lived across from a haunted shack. Anyone could end up living in a haunted house themselves, or find themselves spending time in a haunted place and experience what I did.

As for UFOs if you spend enough time outside in the right parts of the country (or possibly anywhere in the country) you can see at least one. I can't explain why I've seen so many but I'm glad I did. I think it has a lot to do with this particular area and the mountains. ECETI is a place where I saw more UFOs than I could keep track of, and it's also near the mountains (Mount Adams) and in the woods, there must be something to it. Anyone who wants to see UFOs badly enough, if they're not having luck in their hometown can just go to ECETI or a place like that and they'll have their experiences.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.