[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philip K. Dick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: pkd.jpg (11KB, 242x300px) Image search: [Google]
pkd.jpg
11KB, 242x300px
So what do you think, /x/? Was he the subject of plain ol' amphetamine induced psychosis or was he tuning in to some timeless stream of living knowledge?
>>
It was probably a little of both, honestly.
>>
>>17845106
Most likely.
I've read multiple accounts of people lying in bed and suddenly getting constant flashes of images from nowhere, and that's what intrigues me. Regardless of whether it's a mini-stroke or spoops.
>>
>>17845115
Your brain craves stimulation, it's like an addict hooked on experience. Because of this when you deprive yourself of stimulation, your brain will event it's own stimulation, you will hear voices and see things, this a is a well documented phenomena.

Try lying down in a dark and silent room with your eyes close.
Lie still and do not move.
Lay there for a long time
Think no thoughts
But let thoughts enter your mind

You will begin to hear voices and see things

Eventually you will respond to the voices by compulsion not your free will

Then you will fall asleep and enter a dream

It is possible to avoid falling asleep if you can jerk your self up after seeing things and hearing voices, but before you start interacting with the visions and responding to the voices.
>>
He was a brilliant man undoubtedly shaped by his personal experiments with mind altering substances.
>>
I think it was both but valis describes a spirtual experience my friends and I have all shared. No saint Sophia but I've definetly seen Rome superimposed and got blasted with knowledge.
>>
>>17845265
Are you all particularly religious? Feel like you were back then the way he did with the secret Christians and all?
>>
File: dick_al.jpg (107KB, 451x756px) Image search: [Google]
dick_al.jpg
107KB, 451x756px
If you're into PKD watch "Radio Free Albemuth "

Very /x/ film. Retelling of "Radio Free Albemuth". PKDick's summing up of the VALIS trilogy in one easier to digest novel.
It's got space aliens, drugs, alternate universes, and more schizophrenia accepted as wisdom that a fortnight of /x/ posts.

http://www.alluc.to/movies/watch-radio-free-albemuth-2014-online/4413622.html

WARNING: Film is really for hardcore PK DICK fans only. It very faithfully follows the text of the book, which frankly makes for an almost actionless film of a small group of people going insane together...or (surprise!) discovering The Truth -- you decide. And it's about as low budget a film as you could make without resorting to using puppets.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you already have read a lot of PKD, otherwise it will probably piss you off.
>>
>>17845324
Thank you very much! Will definitely watch this. I should be able to get through it. I have read most of his Exegesis and it's very interesting, though I'm afraid someone will find it sitting around one day and call the men in white coats to take me away.
>>
>>
>>17845103
Big PKD fan. The whle thing where he was told by VALIS about his baby son's inguinal hernia is pretty weird, isn't it? How would anyone explain that "rationally"?
>>
>>17845324
you do realize your magic is doubt, right?
>>
>>17845103

I am also a massive dick fan, just like you OP

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
>>
>>17846196
>>17846196
Yes, very strange. I have a neighbor who is always telling me stories like this about receiving messages in dreams about health issues for those around her, enough people corroborate to make me think twice.
>>
>>17846597
That is weird. Are her predictions as spot-on as Dick's? And are they corroborated by medical professionals?
>>
>>17845103
Both.

You think crazy people can't be right too?
>>
>>17845103
Go read a Philip K. Dick book, nigger
>>
>>17848681
Pretty sure he has
>>
The amazing thing about this is that before (and of course during and after) the experience, he was a well-known, literarily respected science-fiction writer, obviously very articulate and intelligent, obviously not some lunatic or conman with publicity agents.

Has there ever been (so to speak) a more "mainstream" and well-verified mystical experience in recorded history?
>>
>>17845103
Dick. Lol!

Who is he?
>>
>>17850889
How clueless can you get?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.