[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School of the Dark Arts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_20160621_234445242.png (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_234445242.png
2MB, 1944x2592px
ITT: Anything you want to know about magick in general, or specifically the "dark arts", I will tell you, to the best of my ability.
>>
Do you follow the dogma of any practices, or is this school of magick more akin to a chaos philosophy?
>>
File: 1724612715.gif (1MB, 154x170px) Image search: [Google]
1724612715.gif
1MB, 154x170px
Which house where you in at Hogwartz?
>>
>>17835617
I follow many dogmas of many practices.
Belief is a tool, so I guess you could say it's a chaos philosophy.

>>17835620
Slytherin, obviously. :^)
>>
>>17835626
Is this some amalgamation of LHP occultism then? Mind listing some of the practices you follow?
>>
Good job brother always make yourself a resource
>>
>>17835636
Specifically, I prefer dank luciferian/satanism type stuff myself, but that's not the only way to get stuff done.
I just prefer a 218 sorta vibe.
Now, that's not to say that the fundamentals of magick are any different for anybody, regardless of what specialty path they choose.
The bare bones are the same for all of us.
>>
What demons should I try to summon to increase my skill in mathematics and geometry?

I want to write a theory of quantum gravity.
>>
>>17835611
Have you tried any "spells/rituals"? how did it go?
>>
>>17835644
I intend to.
>>
Is the Book of Smokeless Fire legit?
>>
>>17835666
Quite a few over the years.
Some work, some don't.
That's how it goes.

I'm not an armchair academic, I live it on the daily.
>>
Looking to get into occult. Where should I start?
>>
>>17835669

I've not read that specific text, but basically maybe yet.
The "smokeless flame" is the "fire of magic", the "secret/sacred fire". This is a common theme in many works on this subject.
It's that thing you do when you want something to happen, and that pressure/heat builds behind your eyes in your head, then you let it out.
It's that stuff.
>>
>>17835680
Strait up 101 beginner level, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack either way on this, but I personally would recommend just quiet meditations to become aware of the weird subtleties of the magical aspects of the world around you.
Just strait up sit for a while and LISTEN, ya dig?
That sort of exercise should point you in the right direction as to what you're into in that regard.
>>
i have long been interested in the dark arts, unfortunately, i have yet to take the full plunge into the world of magic, i have had minor initiatic experiences, psychedelic trips that brought me beyond the veil of ego, but something inserts itself over nothing and now, years down the line, i find myself little improved by my experimentation, i have long sought a partner in my magical journey, some sort of qt mystic to guide me, but i feel i have wasted enough time waiting, i want to perform true magic, i wish to summon angels and demons, i want to ascend (or descend) into a transcendent state, to be perfectly honest, i hardly meditate, i am a NEET and usually i spend all day drinking and smoking and shitposting and netflixing and chilling, as such, you can say i am in dire need of self-initiation, my only fear is that i might be schizophrenic, i have been on antipsychotics for several years following a couple trips where i lost the plot for a bit of time, i would like to get off them but my doctor says i need to quit the ganja first, so, yes, i suppose i should start meditating more first, but then what ritual should i try once i have done that? is there any book you recommend? anything easy and effective? or hard and effective, i don't mean to sound lazy... i need to totally transform myself. currently i am weak. i am stupid. i am an addict. i want to become empowered. i want to be strong of will. i want it all. and i want it now. i don't wanna die without going all the way down the rabbit hole. i find grimoires intriguing but the equipment usually seems absurd, should i follow it to the letter? i suppose i am biased towards a chaotic approach but i'm kinda bored of that and never really found sigils all that exciting
>>
>>17835663
>math and geometry

You'd be hard pressed to find a good demon that DIDN'T hand out math and geometry like candy.

Somehow I don't think that's what you really want, though.
If it was, you'd be up in a university of math, not here.
What do you really want?
>>
>>17835738
Want want want.
Stop wanting and start being.
You can make that choice.
Right now, addict or not, schizophrenic or not.
No one said being a wizard was easy.
You can literally just choose the path you want to walk, that's all up to you.
>>
>>17835738
To be more specific, magic isn't something that's found in old dusty books, magic is in your blood.
"Spells" and such are more like scripts to automate annoying shit you have to do frequently.
>>
>>17835760
ya, i suppose, i re-started journaling last week, and have been cutting back on drinking, still wanna (should be being, ya ya) perform a rite, but i also have a problem with ebooks and wanna buy a physical book to go on but feel overwhelmed by the amount of magical literature and not knowing what's bullshit

my plan is to buy a book when i get money next month and then spend the rest of my money getting materials and then try performing the ritual on my birthday next month

seems like a fitting change from being to becoming
>>
>>17835774
Don't get hung up on the details of rituals and shit.
The point of that kind of stuff is to act as a shorthand for you, if it's not doing that, it's a poor ritual.
The magic is in you, you don't need money to buy it.
>>
>>17835768
i get that

"In seeking the Quintessence of Magick we must seek within ourselves, as unique stars shining within the Body of the Void - shining with the Single Flame of Magical Power. We must not look further than the Present Moment, nor strive towards an ever-distant Idol of Perfection; rather we must grasp the Secret NOW. For the Arcanum of the Quintessential Current lies within our flesh, in the matrix of our present incarnation. Its Mysteries permeate the crimson tides of our blood with the theophanic quickening of the Spirit. Within the Vessel of the Body Entire the Primal Atavism of the Magician is thus enshrined: the Fire of the Elder Gods is set ablaze within the adytum of Man. In the very moment of its self-realisation this arcanum transmits the spark of the initiating atavism, its power reveals the nativity of the Eternal Mage."

etc etc

but it's still hard to internalize

i think i need some scripts to start, training wheels before moving onto balancing on my own
>>
>>17835791
>hard to internalize

Seems to me you've got it ass-backwards.
Magic isn't something you "internalize".
It's already in there.
The whole point is to "externalize" it.
If we can't thrust it out into the world to cause change, literally what is the point of studying it?
You're going the wrong direction there maybe.
>>
>>17835797
true, i say i wish to change myself but really i wish for a gf -- maybe i should message my tinder matches or something
>>17835786
ya, suppose i'll go through my bookshelf tonight and start thinking about a custom ritual based off what makes sense to me hopefully my books aren't too theoretical
>>
>>17835748
don't fuck with me, wizard
just tell me which occult gods to worship to obtain omniscience so i can invent immortality
>>
>>17835816
You do have to put in a bit of effort yourself.
You can't expect things to be handed to you on a silver platter, even with magic.

>>17835829
Which occult gods do you like?
>>
Is there any cool shit you can do?
>>
>>17835866
Define cool shit.
>>
>>17835870
Something physical, or mental that would make me shit myself. IE: fireballs, mind reading. Idk, something that particularly fascinated you.
>>
>>17835888
There's more than one thing that'd make you shit yourself, but to answer your question, yes, shit is real as real is real.

Fireballs and mind-reading are paltry cantrips that happen before breakfast.

I rather enjoy rousing the dead.
>>
people alwase say magic is in your blood how do you know and how can you gain or improve your magical energy
>>
Should I keep jerking off or go nofap?
>>
>>17835937
It's like, you have to get a feel for it.
I'm sorry, I'm not so good at describing it.
Like, you gotta just sit down and decide you want to be able to perceive the influence of magic upon the world.
Then you can see it.

"Detect magic" should be everyone's first cantrip.
>>
>>17835948
thanks
>>
>>17835945
Jerk it with a purpose.
Every time you're fixin' to come, envision exactly what or who it is you'd like to be coming in.
Then go out and look for that who or what in the real world.
Not even fucking around on this one.
>>
>>17835948
I've alwase been a violent minded person
>>
>>17835966
Then I guess you're in the right thread.
This is the _SCHOOL OF DARK ARTS_, after all.
>>
>>17835983
Then I feel right at home
>>
>>17836004
Well then, what aspect of the dark arts shall we discuss?
>>
>>17836007
I am a very newfag I've been reading up on everywons post but I've learned nothing but I do have a book on black magic I might read
>>
>>17836007
Is there any dangerous aspect of black magic like failed rituals etc.
>>
>>17836030
Do you at least have a wand?
I know that sounds silly as fuck, but just hear me out.
A wand is more than a stick you point at things with. It's a piece of "you", it's the piece you figured you'd use as a "bridge" between this world and your's.
Not to say there's no other way to do that but with a wand, just that a wand is very efficient in this task.
it's more than just a foci for casting spells, it's a foci for you yourself.
>>
>>17836035
Yea, you'll die if you fuck up some serious shit.

lel, dude, what do you think we're talking about here, exactly?
Do you expect you'd hurt yourself with a powersaw, or a mac truck if you fucked around with it?

Magic is pointless if it's not really actually useful.
Useful implies dangerous by definition.
>>
Let me then say a few words about INTENT.

What is INTENT? What is intention?
In this context, INTENT is what you truly feel and think, in your "heart of hearts".
This is what really matters for spellcasting.
Reality is the most autistic motherfucker you will ever meet, it so does not care one iota about the petty little lies you tell yourself or others.
This is what Crowley called the "true will".

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" doesn't mean what you think it does.
It doesn't mean "do whatever the fuck you want, fucking whatever".
It means "Do you what you have to do".
The "true will" is not just your whims or desires, the "true will" is the... the vibe of your life, the flow of your stream, the whatever that's just "you".
That's the true will.
To "do what thou wilt" means to go with the flow, to do what you were meant to do, whatever that is.
>>
Another important concept we must now discuss is that of "assemblage point".
This is a silly word for " 'where am i in me right now?' ".
You could get all into chakras at this point and whatnot, but basically, "you" as in "your mind/your perception" is where ever you tell it to be.
That's one of the key differences between wizards and muggles.
We know where our minds are at, they don't.
This skill allows for everything from simple acts of clairvoyance to extravagant acts of crazy shit.
>>
Well then, now that we are armed with all of this crap, how shall we put it to use?

We'll need a fuel.
Mana. Raw magic power.
This is a difficult concept to describe, but perhaps you'll know what I mean.
Some memories of places have more to them than regular memories.
Some memories have... RAW POWER.
Oh snap, it's the same shit. There ya go.
>>
What then of the actual act of casting?

It's quite simple.

>1: Decide with intent what you intend to cast
>2: Begin building up the construct of the spell, sort of like building a thing out of legos or stacking a house of cards or whatever, I dunno, just build the fucking spell and have it ready to go.
>3: Call forth the appropriate amount of mana.
>4: Channel said mana into the spell construct as you unleash it. (seriously, this is the part where you let the fuck go of the thing.)
>5: Go chillax because now ur a fuckin wixard
>>
telekinesis how?
>>
>>17836337
Start small.
Don't strain yourself.
When it happens, it doesn't feel like a strain, or anything like that. it sort of catches you by surprise.
I'm not sure how to say that other than just lightly put your mind into the thing you're trying to fuck with, but not in a forceful rape-y way.
You have to be friendly about it, if that makes sense.
>>
I swear you guys on /x/ are fug'n crazy, stop making magick threads and post more aliums geez
>>
How bad does getting whacked over the head with a magic staff hurt?
>>
>>17836346
Depends on it's damage bonus.
>>
Don't forget to have fun and not take yourself too seriously.
Dance once in a while or something.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3k0WQ4G9Io
>>
>>17835645
I am very interested in the philosophy of current 218. I have always yearned for true spirituality and a return back to what was before even God. However, I have no real experience in magick and don't even know where to begin. Is there anywhere I can start?
>>
>>17836406
>>17836406
There is.
One step at a time like anything else.
In this particular case, you might find utility in some simple "getting used to the dark" kind of works.
Anyone can watch a sunset, but there's another way to watch a sunset.
This current feels fucking creepy intense weird.
That's how you know it's working right.
When the sun is setting, there's a moment there where you can choose to really step into the dark...
>>
>>17836428
I actually have done that many times before. Last year I used to go out in the middle of nowhere away from all the lights of town around twilight. I would stay there in the pitch black for about 3 hours at a time. The first few times as the sun would set and the sky would get darker and darker, there was a sense of fear and dread. After a couple weeks, the fear turned into peace. Was I doing it right?
>>
>>17836443
Yea, das it mang.
lol, like exactly.
>>
>>17836451
So what's the next step after that?
>>
>>17836465
WAIT TILL THE DAWN
>>
File: We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg (10KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg
10KB, 400x226px
>>17836465
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 500x614px
>>17836467
>>
>>17836465
Well first you need to go yankee candle and get the 12 oz honey scented candle, you can get the larger ones but i dont advise it for your first attempt. Then you return to the woods and light the candle, after it was burned for a few minutes insert it into your anus. Now theres a special technique to suck in air with you anus that requires practice, especially when you have the scented candle up there. But once you master it you can use your scented anal breeze to summon bees. Then directed those bees against your foes, and thats how you become a battle wizard. Once you level up you can upgrade to wasp by having the bees colonize your anus, eventually it will attract a wasp swarm you can harness. Although while more combat effective you'll lose your free honey bonus.
>>
>>17835611
you go down. see your self going as deep as you can. then go deeper. You are a nobody a thing existing. your base nature is what your dealing with here. not the enrichment you get from above but the cunning and gile you get from below. It's dark. Infinite darkness. So light your fire in the cold of night so it can burn brighter than all the others.
>>
>>17836499
Did you read my post, its got to be honey scented or it wont attract the bees and youll just be shoving things up you butt for no reason.
>>
>>17835611
>a fucking wand

>>17836337
Impossible unless you carry a shitload of Antediluvian blood. Which you don't.
>>
File: 40090240.jpg (248KB, 1200x889px) Image search: [Google]
40090240.jpg
248KB, 1200x889px
>>17836517
what are you even doing anon caring around koolaid and pretending? carrying around lamb's blood you found somewhere. what are even doing anon? help me shoot lasers with my third eye so can get pussy.
>>
So what's the difference between dark magic and chaos magic?
>>
>>17837191
Chaos is using wytcha children's rhymes to summon goku and have him ride you like a loa to get your kundalini to rise.

Dark magic is the path of transgression rather than the usual of abstention. They theoretically lead to the same place, but using sex and drugs and rock and roll to get there faster isn't without serious pitfalls. You walk the razors edge and whether you fall or not, you will be cut.
>>
>>17837606
This is a great explanation of that difference.
Kudos anon.
>>
>>17837606
>>17837611
So both fuck you up but for dark magic you get fucked less? Or you get more out of it? Sorry I'm new to this stuff
>>
>>17837677
Well, any kind of magic can harm you if you seriously fuck it up, but with dark magic, we don't have a problem paying for stuff with our own blood.
Most types of magic, chaos included, don't necessarily cause damage to the user when wielded correctly.
Dark magic does. That's just par for the course.
>>
>>17837690
Is it worth the sacrifice? What makes dark magic better then other magics or if it's not better what's the appeal?
>>
>>17837712
It's sexy.
>>
>>17837731
Well shit I'm sold
>>
File: 1423128174348.jpg (25KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1423128174348.jpg
25KB, 346x346px
>>17837712
>Is it worth the sacrifice?

>Is LIFE worth the sacrifice?
>>
>>17837769
What I mean is if you don't innately feel the appeal of the dark arts, they aren't for you.
>>
>>17837795
I see what you're saying. Do certain people have a stronger connection to dark magic then others?
>>
>dark arts faggots.
Chaos magician here, you guys are memes.
>>
>>17837821
You have those that are afraid, those that have a morbid curiosity and want to face their fear, and edgelords who aren't even trying to transgress their own nature. For the edgelords, it's like church or beating off. For the rest, it's like beating off to /d/ for the first time.
>>
>>17837886
What if you're considered a "damaged" individual? Would that have a positive or negative effect on your magic?
>>
>>17837914
I suppose for "dark arts", that would be a boon.
>>
>>17837914
Be more specific. If you're schizophrenic, none of this is for you. If you have a massive trauma you haven't worked through, this shit ain't for you. If you have oneitis over a girl, /fit/ might be for you.

The left hand path is for those of sound mind and body looking for shortcuts through a field of razors, as if the right hand weren't painful enough. Otherwise it's where the chronically morose find solace in a world that doesn't reflect them. I'm not too hot on either so I took the third path.
>>
>>17837965
What's the third path? Also I'm bipolar
>>
I want to get into the dark arts I haven't done much research but where do you suggest I start?
>>
>>17837982
Mahamudra. You are already enlightened, you just have to realize it. Mostly by being some combination of crust punk and peacock who can just take poisonous thoughts and actions and turn them into fuel. It's a path towards the total acceptance of right now. It's a more tantric cousin of zen.

From what I've heard from other meditators, mindfulness doesn't really fix bipolar symptoms, but does make them much easier to ride by accepting the moment and not being subject to them and in some cases can mellow it out a little. Wouldn't go off the meds, they sure as hell don't.
>>
You all learn magic when you are toddlers. This LANGUAGE is magic and words have power.

So is math and geometry.

Haven't you ever wondered why these words contain so many different definitions?
>>
>>17838025
Cool so I'll probably have a natural talent for it. Never thought my disorder would actually be good for something
>>
>>17838070
It'll certainly give you something to work with. I have trouble finding good instruction online because it's all about bland relationships or wanting a new car or a dog dying and not how to accept and overcome what leads to and comes from a unipolar depressive episode or that you crank it to weird porn and feel bad that you don't feel bad about it or that...yeah.

Go find some dzogchen or bon instruction on youtube and do some guided meditation. Don't go at it too hard because it isn't easy and you can burn out and feel like shit. Just sitting and focusing on the now is harder than you would think.
>>
Can I summon weed with dark magic?
>>
>>17838157
Yes, actually.

Shiva is the guy you'll want to see about that.
>>
>>17838157
To add,
Summoning physical substances really isn't all that hard. You just have to know EXACTLY what it is you want to get.
Otherwise someone with a weird sense of humor is liable to give you something... interesting...
>>
>>17835611
Any spell to win the love of a girl that i have 2 dates with her and then she stop talking to me then had a date, after that she said she didnt want a boyfriend and after that she get one
Sorry for my shitty english
If you have a book for this i would apreciate
>>
Ok, so it's time to talk about the difference between "nigromancy" and "necromancy", as what was once one specific term, has morphed into new terms, and this is very confusing.

In the modern usage, "nigromancy" is divination via consulting the angry spirits of the dead, and "necromancy is in general, works within the current of death, up to and including re-animation of corpses via projecting a sliced off bit of the caster's mind and soul into the 'dead' body.

So in this sense, if you use the term in the old way, //nigromancy/necromancy//, then all of this is in the same category, but if you would prefer a bit more refined categorization, this is the technical difference between the two in the modern usage of the terms.
>>
>>17838289
There's like a gazillion fish in the sea, and you're a bloody fisherman.
Don't get hung up on one slut.
>>
NOW, onto potions class.

What is a potion and what separates a potion from regular chemistry?
The application of mana by a wizard to a chemical reaction.
This is what makes a potion a potion.
In general, you'd begin by mixing ingredients much as you would for a normal chemical reaction to make your "coffee" or "tea", but at the crucial moment, you apply magic.
Depending upon the individual potion in question, this moment is somewhere in the range of just before boiling, or perhaps in the supercritical range for some specialized things.
You can feel it, there's a little 'tick' where the cauldron goes from hard matter you can't fuck with to 'soft' matter you can.
Then you do your thing and that's pretty much that.
>>
File: 1466565329588.jpg (157KB, 736x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1466565329588.jpg
157KB, 736x1028px
I've attempted every conventional method of astral travel and projection and of seeing astral imagery with nearly no success
Nobody can seem to open those parts of me by force either

got any cool aetheric hacks or methods for doing so or a common mistake i might be making?
>>
>>17835611
IS PALM READING REAL
>>
File: queen_elizabeth_rose.jpg (53KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
queen_elizabeth_rose.jpg
53KB, 512x384px
>>17838649
>hacks

The pedals of the Queen Elizabeth Rose.

collect them, dry them to a warm brown colour, grind them into a fine powder, and drink them as a tea.

The "hook moment" for this particular potion is about 190F, give or take.
There's nothing to it.
>>
File: tumblr_nk6mkaxH9C1qhg0vao2_1280.png (21KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk6mkaxH9C1qhg0vao2_1280.png
21KB, 618x800px
>>17838655
thanks a bunch
also hacks is just the easiest way to explain it
spiritual backdoors and shit like that
>>
>>17838659
It's a good term.
A hack is a hack is a hack, no matter what field it's it.
>>
>>17835611
Why doesn't it work?
Why is there no proof?
>>
>>17838653
Yea, but as far as divinations go, it's got shit resolution.
Even tea leaves are better than that shit.
>>
File: pope francis devil.jpg (15KB, 298x220px) Image search: [Google]
pope francis devil.jpg
15KB, 298x220px
>>17835611
Is it possible to become an all powerful being?because I want to become an all power being
>>
>>17838739
Why do you want to be all powerful?
>>
>>17838743
I believe it's my destiny.
>>
>>17838745
I guess you're on the right track, then.
>>
>>17838348
I know but i fuckin wanted her
Please help me
>>
>>17838630
>>17838655
Why don't they ever tell you the chemical you need?!?!

Also OP, I'm quite impressed with your perspective on knowledge. What do you know of working with crystals?

Also, is there a way to contact your great intelligence without use of this silly board?
I have many theories myself, and I find it's good to know other perspective of the same general understanding.
>>
>>17835611
Ever granted someone's wildest dream?
>>
File: ameri-pepe.jpg (83KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
ameri-pepe.jpg
83KB, 500x501px
>>17835611
what about meme magic?
>>
How do I cast expecto petroleum?
>>
>>17839320
Memetic magic is obviously real
Not OP btw
>>
>>17835611
You posted a wand, so... what's the best way to actually make a wand? Is it actually good for anything, or just a ritual phallus?
>>17836040
Really?
>>
What does "Alash tad al'ash tal ashtu" mean?

What does it do when you say it?
>>
>>17839313
Bumping
>>
>>17835611
Is it possible to have a spiritual Teacher (for magick). If so, how do i contact one?
>>
OP has abandoned thread
>>
>>17839346
I'm a little rusty, but I think it's something along the lines of
>I have seen what I have seen
or
>I have seen what I haven't seen
I could be wrong, though, I'm not super familiar with Honorius's stuff.
It seems to be some kind of seeing incantation.
>>
anyone got any meme incantations to fuck around with?
>>
>>17839345
>the wand chooses the wizard

As far as physically crafting/refining a wand, that's pretty strait forward. A bit of carpentry and such. That's the easy part.

In regards to >>17836040, I'm honestly not sure how common this practice is in modern schools of magic, as some schools use an athame for about half their stuff.
I don't want to have to carry extra tools that all do the same shit.

As far as actual utility, it's an efficiency increase in that it reduces your need to use extra power to manifest a spell.
I guess you could say it's a conduit, or a path of less resistance or something like that.
>>
File: vaguethatup.jpg (44KB, 736x555px) Image search: [Google]
vaguethatup.jpg
44KB, 736x555px
>>17839989
To do what?
>>
Djinns and magic aren't things one should play around with guys..
Even though some People do use magic, it's strongly prohibited for any Human being to use magic. And there is also punishment for having used a djinn After Death when one is Lying in his grave.
>>
>>17840122
fuck my shit up
>>
>>17840185
In that case, you might be interested in invoking loa.
>>
>>17839367
A teacher who teaches spiritual stuff, or a teacher who is a spirit?
>>
File: 20BEELZEBUB.png (22KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
20BEELZEBUB.png
22KB, 354x354px
>>
File: nofucks_fopgif.gif (144KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
nofucks_fopgif.gif
144KB, 480x352px
>>17840157
>>
>>17839410
I haven't, you're just impatient.
I'm no spring chicken anymore, I need my beauty sleep.
>>
Ah, so then the question naturally arises:

If applied magic is the practice of channeling mana through mentally built constructs, and mana comes from certain special types of memories, is it possible to purposefully create these types of memories for later use?

Why yes it is!

The first thing to understand is that it's more like growing a crop than it is machining a part.

The first step would be to plant the crop, this is the part where, for a lack of better terms, you find a particular time and place that's just OOZING mana, and you "anchor" yourself to that particular point in spacetime, so that anytime you REALLY RECALL that memory, it's just as good as when you were there the first time.

The second step is to let it "grow" or "age", however you prefer to envision the process.
It's just got to sit a while and not get fucked with.

The third step is of course the harvest.

It's important to note that unless you just totally BTFO of one of these via rapid overuse (sort of like an "overheating" scenario in machinery), then it's reusable after a suitable refractory period. lik ur dik
>>
File: 564419e45f158.jpg (78KB, 640x595px) Image search: [Google]
564419e45f158.jpg
78KB, 640x595px
>>17835611
Hey mate, maybe you can help me.
I'm currently researching gemstones or other rare minerals, particularly their paranormal abilities. Do you have any materials on this? Anything goes, really. Books, stories, spells, anything.
I'm amateur fantasy writer and want to gain some inspiration.
>>
>>17841369
http://gemology.se/gill-library/gemjewelry/The_Gem-Cutters_Craft_Leopold_Claremont_1906.pdf

https://zalbarath666.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cunningham-scott-encyclopedia-of-crystal-gem-and-metal-magic.pdf

In general, be sure to cross reference many sources for those weird association lists, but if you want data, there's some data.
>>
>>17835912
record it
>>
File: 1465337858340.png (203KB, 783x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465337858340.png
203KB, 783x960px
>>17841403
Thanks anon, this is great.
>>
>>17841585
Glad it could be of use.
>>
>>17835829
kek
>>
File: rainbowAtElamBend.jpg (169KB, 900x525px) Image search: [Google]
rainbowAtElamBend.jpg
169KB, 900x525px
>>17835611
Has there been any serious academic study of magic, using the utilitarian tools of science and mathematics?

I want to know if I should be referencing someone when I write.

I have read Gurdjieff, but he is too intentionally mysterious and unpleasantly dishonest about his sources and material.

Any other names would be appreciated if offered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU
>>
>>17842355
>but he is too intentionally mysterious and unpleasantly dishonest about his sources and material.
Sounds like most magicposters on /x/
>>
>>17842358
The tree of knowledge which stems from his work typifies that clandestine motif.
>>
>>17838157
No, but I hear dank magic works well
>>
>>17842355
If you don't mind kabbalistic trappings, Israel Regardie gives a pretty precise treatise.

http://www.golden-dawn-canada.com/pdf/israel%20regardie%20the%20tree%20of%20life%20a%20study%20in%20magic.pdf
>>
File: dopamine.png (20KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
dopamine.png
20KB, 301x167px
>>17842433
>If you don't mind kabbalistic trappings, Israel Regardie gives a pretty precise treatise.

The thing is, I know what those are, but most aforementioned writers are Slavs paraphrasing Gurdjieff; and none of them are correct about the sociological or historical basis in source material transliteration.

It reads like they took the mathematics out of translations so Zorastrianism could appear to have archaeological importance.

The work is constructed from a strain of racism that pervaded near eastern studies as the ottoman empire waned. That spite is a crippling disability which precludes magick from academia.

So I am asking if anyone else has noticed that discrepancy from respectable science.
>>
>>17842500
Oh, I see what you're saying now.

Why would we want magic shewn to the world, exactly?
Seems to me the current setup is just fine, and has worked since time immemorial.
>>
File: norepinephrine.png (7KB, 180x160px) Image search: [Google]
norepinephrine.png
7KB, 180x160px
>>17842515
>Why would we want magic shewn to the world, exactly?

Because otherwise it is indifferent from playing pretend and thus it makes you look silly.

>Seems to me the current setup is just fine, and has worked since time immemorial.

No, the current setup is about 1 century old, based on the age of the authors and their books.
>>
>>17842535
>makes you look silly

I can live with that.
>>
>>17842552
Luckily, there is a career path just for you!

Pic related.
>>
>>17842606
At least restaurants don't have rats.
>>
do people born on halloween have special traits magically or supernatural
>>
>>17842664
Eh, it's more of a thing where the 'influences' or 'vibe' of the place and time feels more familiar to the caster, so it's sort of like a bonus for that particular type of stuff.

Not so much that a particular time or place makes spellcasters.
>>
>>17842355
I do not believe there has been any serious scientific studies of magic. Jung kinda comes close tho. Most magic, like mysticism, seems like it would fall under psychology insofar as it is internally focused. External effects have been claimed by many but external effects would be hard to measure accurately due to complexity and chaos.
>>17842500
I think Regardie is a Russian Jew and not a Slav. He's also a student of Crowley and not Gurdjeff. I'm especially losing you here at this part about removing mathematics from translations and how this has to do with racism and Zoroastrianism. If you want people to notice this "discrepancy" you're going to have to be a lot more clear.
>>17842535
The current setup is far older than a century. Crowley, for example, was indebted to writers like Levi and Agrippa as well as the grimoire traditions. These authors are in turn indebted to the Greeks and Egyptians. If anything, magic goes back to the dawn of civilization and Babylon. Whether this speaks to its truth or humanity's incessant desire to be deceived is a question which has yet to be adequately answered by science (to the best of my knowledge, occultism has never really been lab-tested to the satisfaction of both occultists and scientists [isn't that what your first post was getting at?]).
>>
I hate when faggots pretend to know shit about the elite 218
No wonder they took down the website and haven't released the english Liber Azerate because of faggots like you and pretend Satanists on Facebook and shit
>>
>>17839346
It's from Ea Koetting's mastering evocation videos and his books and he said he got it directly from Azazel but never explained the exact meaning
>>
>>17842864
Or maybe it's because all of the fraters who could have possibly translated it and wanted to, are fucking dead.
Cry about it some more why don't you.
I'll wash her feet with you too if that's what it takes.
>>
>>17835816
>being this beta
>>
>>17842878
Yeah, keep telling yourself you are the kin of wolves so that you feel like you belong to something. And they obviously already translated it
and no not all the fraters are dead.
You are just a trendy faggot with a small dick trying too hard to be interesting and your posts reek of falsehood and mundane weakness and typical egotistical excrement
>ya dig?
fucking kill yourself you faggot
>>
>>17842893
Could you be any madder?
>>
>>17842894
>I'm a dark satanist but I'm hip with trendy gay 4chan memes to guys! aren't I cool!
>>
>>17842896
It's not my fault you guys were gigantic pussies.
>>
>>17842876
EA Koetting
buy his books now and receive
REAL ULTIMATE POWER
for just $666!!!

wouldn't be surprised if >>17839949 was right and he ripped off an old grimoire

>>17842864
shouldn't you be playing in a black metal band or something?
>>
>>17842917
I have his mastering evocation videos and they are excellent
most occult books or occult related material on the market is very expensive
but those who will to attain it can and will
>>
>>17842900
What are you talking about?
>>
>>17842884
idk if i'm beta, i just don't talk to girls anymore even when i have opportunity because i have hpv and i don't want to spread it -- i suppose in the context of a relationship my partner might prove understanding but tinder sluts are hardly relationship material
>>
>>17842926
>wanting to sell out
>after you've already awakened that current

Well gee, I dunno, what was expected to happen?
>>
>>17842929
I think it's pretty beta to wait for a relationship where a women is ''understanding'' just fuck tons of women and enjoy life
I just hit on a shitload of women and end up getting a different above average to hot girl every week.
people are going to call me a liar, but it's pretty retarded to think that getting laid is a big deal or is difficult at all. most people should be able to pull it off
>>
>>17842946
getting one new slut every week sounds nice...

but wouldn't you rather have one faithful dependable slut that you can creampie multiple times every day of the week?

'tis the dream for me at least

not to mention, companionship, building something together, creating a family
>>
>>17842935
People were saying they were sellouts when they had their website up and were at the peak of their ''popularity''
but considering the fact that they took the site down and faded into obscurity that suggests that they aren't trying hard to be making money or be famous
I still have no idea what you are talking about

I just find it disgraceful when people are claiming to respect 218 but sound like total clowns
Real Satanists in the inner sanctum aren't like that, with a mundane ''jewish hollywood'' sense of humour and they are very serious and genuinely very dark people
>>
>>17842972
And I just try to be as much of an asshole as possible on the internet
being actually angry on 4chan isn't worth the energy
>>
>>17842972
"real" 'satanists' are whatever the fuck they want to be you faggot.
Could you suck dicks any harder?
Serious question.
I'd like to know if you can possibly create more of a vacuum with your lungs than you do on a daily basis.
>>
>>17842977
It's pointless arguing with a pro-human faggot that thinks people can call themselves whatever they want and it's true
which is some of the gayest pro-human shit i have ever heard

you are just a mundane faggot that uses ''dark labels'' to discredit the actual sinister philosophy
>>
>>17842985
Cry more.
>>
>>17842972
>real satanists [don't have] a "jewish hollywood" sense of humor
And yet I guarantee the jews in hollywood are better occultists both at making money and influencing the world
>>
>>17835611
Ooh wow thats a pretty wavy magic stick ya got there. Bet you do all sorts of magic with it.
>>
>>17842987
Go back to masturbating to harry potter you fucking cuck
>>
>>17842971
I usually pity non single people because they are waisting a shitload of time with the sappy/gay relationship bullshit
and whenever i see a respectable person (like a musician for example) in a monogamous relationship. 99 percent of the time i like to think that they are cheating on her
>>
>>17843006
Honestly I don't use it very often.
It's great for what it's for, but I don't usually have to use more than simple cantrips on a regular boring day.
Cantrips are so cheap using a wand is like shooting a fly with a cannon.
>>
>>17842987
Just take my advice. if you are going to be talking about Satanism you should stop with the whole ''I'm a Satanist but i'm also cute and funny and silly to xD'' bullshit

Yeah, Satanism is about being an individual but I know for a fact all the most respectable Satanic musicians and authors have no respect for that kind of bullshit
>>
>>17843055
I give 0 fucks what you respect.
>>
>>17843055
>Yeah, Satanism is about being an individual but I know for a fact all the most respectable Satanic musicians and authors have no respect for that kind of bullshit
>Satanic murderers and autists have no respect
>>
>>17843058
It's not about me No one is going to respect you I guarantee
>>
>>17843060
ok, and?

Please, explain to me why I should care about your petty ego bullshit.
>>
>>17843060
...There is literally no one on this planet who is not going to cringe at your bullshit
>>
>>17843066
Ok, and?
>>
>>17843062
Why even talk about Satanism when literally everyone on this planet will just cringe and think you are a massive faggot?
ya dig, nigger?
>>
>>17843070
You're the only one complaining about my contribution to /x/ here.
>>
>>17843069
Then just don't bother talking at all

do you even know what a hylic is?
it's what you are
>>
>>17843075
So stop me then you gigantic pussy.
You clearly do not understand the precepts of "satanism" if we're even having this conversation.
>>
File: enimapod.jpg (86KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
enimapod.jpg
86KB, 1002x1002px
>>17842832
>I do not believe there has been any serious scientific studies of magic.

That is a simple and direct answer to my question. I thank you dearly for this.

>Jung kinda comes close tho.

I've read and translated original Jung, and his main difficulty is transliterating Taoism out of Chinese, into German. You cannot precisely transfer concepts between two constructed languages.

I give him credit because he used what knowledge he could to prescribe medical marijuana while Freud was the world's first drug-dealing cokehead.

>Most magic, like mysticism, seems like it would fall under psychology insofar as it is internally focused.

Technically, it is parapsychology- but that is the societal problem: Psychologists ignore fundamental science and focus on empiricism to the point of epistemological fallacy.

>I think Regardie is a Russian Jew and not a Slav.

He was from northwestern Ukraine, which is a slavic ethnoregion. It is wrong to claim he was Russian, therefore. I do not want to make any assertion about the religious background of Mr. Regardie; but students should note that Ashekenazi judaism is geographically closer to Zoroastrianism than anything in the old testament.

>He's also a student of Crowley and not Gurdjeff

You are splitting hairs over what it means to learn: when someone provides information, that is enough to make that person a teacher and the recipient thusly a student.

I have read their Yazidi, Coptic, and Tamil references in the original words. The languages are beautiful, and the grammar is similar to Mayan in that arithmetic is fundamental to sentence construction. When you take that feature out, you are left with: Zoroastrianism; Thelema; Hinduism or Santeria; respectively.

Because Yazidi have subject to genocide for a century since Gurdjieff, it is wrong not to cry racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkszYg48iOU

>I tried gypsy table wrappings and séance stunts, I keep an open mind but I think it's just a front

cont'
>>
>>17843078
You said you would curse me or kill me on fucking 4chan

and you are claiming to be knowledgable or be in any position to be taken seriously

you are just cancer and you should commit suicide if you want Satan to be appeased
>>
>>17843088
Of the two of us, I'm not the one throwing a shit-fit.
>>
you are a mockery to the dark arts and you don't deserve to even talk about it
>>
>>17843094
If you're so bad ass, then use them.
Show me what you've got.
>>
The current 218 does not tell people when they curse them with Black Magick anyone who does is not to be taken seriously
>>
Do you believe in reincarnation?
>>
>>17835611

What are some examples of "dark" magick you've done personally? What were their results?
I assume you've got it written down like a good magician.
>>
>>17843108
Yes.
>>
Explain the difference between a hylic and a Satanist
>>
>>17843110
I'm not much on precise record keeping, but my favorite enchantment of all time is a "hat of dark".
Sort of like Konstantinos's "bag of dark", but ya know, a hat.
The purpose of such an enchanted item is to be able to call up a little "sphere of darkness" of you happen to be in need of it when it's not practical to find actual darkness.
>>
Anyone who hasn't read the Liber Azerate doesn't really take the current 218 seriously
no excuses.
learn swedish to read it
>>
>>17843018
hmm. well, i have cheated in the past when in relationships so i certainly see the appeal but at the moment i like to fantasize about an ideal relationship where there would be no need for cheating because my physical/emotional/spiritual needs were completely fulfilled

open relationships sound nice in theory but most people are too jealous to work them out (is not love jealous? god is both loving and jealous -- at least according to the jews)
>>
File: VerDopa.jpg (98KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
VerDopa.jpg
98KB, 1002x1002px
>>17842624
>At least restaurants don't have rats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8bI6enYaIk

So line 'em up boys here's to your youth
Sing loud enough to tell the truth

>>17842832
>The current setup is far older than a century.

You are leaving out several millennia in your account. Most people do, and that is a central point of criticism from academia.

>Crowley, for example, was indebted to writers like Levi and Agrippa as well as the grimoire traditions.

There should be a long string of citations which should connect those authors- unless there is not a tradition, but instead revisionism.

>These authors are in turn indebted to the Greeks and Egyptians.

There are specific people whom should be thanked. It is a sign of racism not to recall their names.

>If anything, magic goes back to the dawn of civilization and Babylon.

My point is that science is actually the tradition which does so, and scholars are being racist when they assume that Middle Eastern astronomers were not testing hypothesis 5,000 years ago.

>Whether this speaks to its truth or humanity's incessant desire to be deceived is a question which has yet to be adequately answered by science

My answer is that people can have a desire to deceive or be deceive and that is the adaptation which has to be excised for science to take place.

>to the best of my knowledge, occultism has never really been lab-tested to the satisfaction of both occultists and scientists

It has been tested, by the students of Gurdjieff who became dictators; and the results are the most absolutely horrific things in modern history.

>isn't that what your first post was getting at?

I was hinting at some dark stuff and giving ignorant acolytes benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>17843199
>or be deceive
or be deceived**
>>
>>17843163
all of those needs can be and should be fulfilled without a relationship

a relationship with a witch to practice sex magick on can be good but mosts self proclaimed female occultists are full of shit (as the men are, but even worse i find) and shouldn't be taken too seriously
so i would recommend not holding your breath on finding a female who isn't a total poser

i've been getting a few women into magick, but i can't see them being as serious as my male occultist friends
>>
>>17843210
If you can't find any try teaching girls about magick if you can sense that they probably won't be scared off
through trial and error it shouldn't be that hard to find girls who are at least intrigued
>>
>>17843215
And girls will pretend to be into it just to fuck you or as a way to try to get you to like them so keep that in mind
>>
>>17843084
>>17843199
Forgive me if my first response was ignorant or racist. You're obviously more studied than me. I can't even imagine learning all those languages on my own. My knowledge of the occult is severely limited. I pick up insights here and there but I find the reading dry and don't practice. I know only English and thus may be guilty of reading translations without transliteration as you seem to put it. Oh well. Color me intrigued though! Science is the tradition? Why must magic be excised? I have long suspected the marriage of the two (science and magic) in ancient society. Tell me more about these horrific experiments.

I feel like we are encountering somewhat of a language barrier here but I'd love to hear more from you.
>>
>>17843210
>all of those needs can be and should be fulfilled without a relationship
word, i forget this often

a witch gf to practice sex magic is what i'd hope for but in the meantime i should work on becoming less of an armchair occultist that way the qt witches won't think i'm a poser
>>
>>17835748
Holy shit, demons can help you with college exams?
>>
>>17843261
Yep.
>>
>>17843261

One of the first demons I worked with was to help with college. It really works!
>>
>>17842355
Entry level things have been studied.

Meditation is widely studied and you can easily find reliable and proven results from JSTOR or other archives. Meditation is now considered perfectly within the realm of science, but they still don't understand it perfectly and it was entirely occult before they bothered to accept it.
>>
>>17835611
What is the view of Lightworks or Energy work to all 'ye Occultists?

Is it something you just only use to aid your dark arts? Is it like the idea of the Devil to a Christian?

Most Grimoire type lit. I read over really is just like forcing ESP and letting some older source (which is usually dead at this point) guide your subconscious.

What is the difference between these things and simple meditation?
>>
>>17835611
Did you know to see future you don't need magic ?

Things you need to see future a litlle bit and see events like 5 min before it happend.

1# Emotional state must be correct that depend sometimes on character
but mostly i prefer use one of this options: where i think my life is in danger.

2#Yeah future don't come from your emotions it's just something to power up brain you need training just try to say in your mind obvius things when you watch movie or in real life watch everything.

3# don't panic when you get emotional in danger just think like focus on seaing future to stop danger to your life even small stupid iracional thing can be explained really dangerus.

4#Profit in 10 s cases sometimes. you can't control it yet.

5# To make focus on your eye and events you can see events in your area.

6# to enchance your brain power input and output of that emotion power is simple

input of power more emotions mashup is good too (remeber life in danger)
output well it's harder you need stop emotions by your will i use this "My desire more important than need to be humane in situation.

7# play with emotions not only of aspect of danger to your life now.

Try control them in most of cases and fast give up on control to give yourself break.

8# Sometimes in some cases people stop fell anything, like emphaty try them ask yourself why i need be more emotional anwser: When you fell emotions you gain bonus knowledge from events deppend of how strong this emotion for you is, so when you don't fell anything you lose knowledge (don't say i don't need it, everything you expierence in many ways give you power of understanding, when you understand you learn, when you don't learn)
and for example when you are angry you gain bonus adrenalin, in sadness you focus on more creativ things, in hapiness you auto repair yourself in biological and mental way.
>>
>>17843665
>energy work

If we're talking about the same thing, the yea, that sort of thing is a tool like any other tool.

>difference between these and simple meditation

I'd personally classify a meditation as 'simple' when it doesn't really do anything beyond clearing the mind or something.
>>
I haven't said anything about divination have I?

Well then, divinations class, here's the 101.
Looking at the same time/place/event over and over in rapid succession is a futile effort, don't waste your time.
Don't analyse a reading regardless of the method for a little bit of time. Depending on how serious business it is, give it a few minutes, or a few days or something.
You're looking to retain only the most pure, unadulterated impression you receive. The initial 'truthful impression' is VERY fast. Like a single frame out of place flashing on a movie screen. If you fiddle with that frame too much, you'll rot it, mutating it into noisy bullshit with your "analytical overlay", the process where by the mind tries to fill gaps and create context when it's confused.
For divinations, you'll want to avoid triggering this automatic process as much as possible.
>>
How to break a curse?
Like, you're getting good grades and your fellow students don't like it and they unconsciously curse you to get bad grades kind of curse.
>>
In perspective that someone like me who has no knowledge on the issue, how powerful was Alistair Crowley?
>>
>>17844823
That's a simple sort of curse to break.
Just absorb or "eat" the curse, and laugh in their faggot faces as you outperform them.
It's only a curse if you give a fuck, otherwise, it's a fuel source. ;^)
>>
>>17844832
Well, what you give me is a solution indeed..But due to previous experiences, I'm paranoid about this kind of situations and I care too much about the matter just to laugh in their faces..Any alternatives? Or is the only option for me to man the fuck up?
>>
>>17844829
I'm honestly not sure.

He was a prolific author, though, and did do a great deal to spur interest in magic, and though he's a bit long winded, his work is worth a read.
>>
>>17844844
I'm having trouble understanding exactly what the problem is.
I understand that you don't want to give details, and I'm not asking for details, but eh, why is "man the fuck up" not a reasonable option in this case?

I don't mean literally go to them and villain laugh while exhaling cigarette smoke strait into their face, I just mean why care what they think?
>>
What's the scariest experience you've had doing magic?
>>
>>17844859
Nah. I don't mind telling you more about it. It's a silly issue but happened to many times for me to ignore. It's about college grades. I used to be really good, I know my fellow students don't like it, and they cursed me or whatever and now my grades went to shit. I can't simply stop caring about it because too many similar previous experiences happened to me and i'm a bit of a beta faggot
>>
>>17844861
This is probably going to be a silly sounding answer, but I'd have to say it was the moment when I was very young when I realized what it was I was doing, and that this practice was unknown to the vast majority of people around me.
>>
>>17844873
Have you tried focusing more on your schoolwork, or is your intellect just sluggish these days or what?
>>
>>17844887
Makes total sense. Thanks anon.
>>
>>17844895
yeah i'm pretty focused
>>
>>17844921
hmm, then if it's intellectual sluggishness, and you don't want to just feed off of the "curse", then perhaps there is another way.
The Lion's Mane mushroom.

If you're merely interested in it's neuro-regenerative properties or whatever, it can be eaten.
If you'd prefer to use it as a magic ingredient in a potion (the spell being a boosting of said properties), then it's a pretty straitforward potion.

>1 part distilled water
>1 part distilled liquor of the type suitable for your own personality, sort of like 'birthstones', but think liquors. 80-100 proof.
>grind dried lion's mane to powder
>boiling only the water, add the lion's mane and do the thing
>meanwhile, preheat the liquor to near it's boiling point in a separate cauldron, and do the thing to the liquor
>CAREFULLY mix the solution of water and mushroom into the liquor and mix well
>VERY GENTLY bring the alcohol in the solution to a LIGHT boil, do the thing but slower and more carefully
>let cool to room temperature before ingesting, and don't be a retard and get smashed drunk, that would kind of defeat the purpose of this.
>>
>>17844952
I'm going to check out if that mushroom can be found in my area and try making that stuff...Thanks for the help m8
>>
>>17844960
If not there's a large market for it, you could probably order it dried for quite cheap.
Cheers m8.
>>
>>17839323
Create a mana vacuum that flows from the target tank you want to jack from, and the target tank you want to fill to.
Pull the fuel off as a magically rarefied 'vapour' from the 'take' target, and re-materialize it in the 'give' target.
>>
Well then, we're about getting to the actual 'death-eater' part.
That's quite literal.
A "death-eater" is one who has eaten death.
That means to magically cause the death of an innocent being, and eat it's soul as it dies.
>>
>>17835611
How do I start? I have books on demons. Should I try to gain something from them? Or do deals with them not work?
>>
>>17845780
How do you start what?
>>
>>17845783
Doing dark magick. Where do I learn?
>>
>>17845785
Oh, that.

Well then, I'd recommend starting in the darkness.
>>
>>17845789
Can you be more descriptive and not cryptic?
>>
>>17837606
Would you think the use of phychedelic substances to aid meditation aimed at manifestation be classified under dark and damaging? Would the damage be caused by the lack of inner tempering by getting there the patient way? Do you think this is viable or just deluded?
>>
>>17845791
Sure.
What I mean by that is to get a feel for DARKNESS.
I don't mean the-sun-went-down-and-now-it's-hard-to-see darkness.
I mean oh-fuck-why-are-worms-coming-out-of-my-skin-darkness.
Practically, you'll find both in the same place, but there's a bit of a difference.
So I guess what I mean to say is, enjoy the night and pay attention to the winds of magic in that night.
>>
>>17845798
So basically be open, but be open to what?
>>
>>17845800
Evil.
>>
How do I work with demons?
>>
>>17845806
trick question, you don't.
B-b-but what about GOOD demons.

Then that's not a demon.
>>
>>17845806
Basically, you'll construct one circle to constrain the demon, and another to shield you from fucked up shit as you do your work if you're doing the heavy-handed thing.
Otherwise, just hit a dude up and be like, 'sup.
If it doesn't just absolutely hate you, maybe it won't bite your dick off.
>>
>>17845809
I don't want to work with /good/ demons, I want to work with the bad ones. That's the point.

>>17845810
Sorry if I'm going very noobish on you, but.. How?
>>
>>17845812
Oh, I see what you're asking.
Eh, I'm not sure exactly how to say this, but like, it's a matter of making a particular "set and setting" that's just "wrong".
Wrong in the sense of conductive to what we're trying to summon, if that makes any sense.
We'd like to create a small bubble of a suitable environment to house the beast, as our reality is usually not suitable for them to exist in.
>>
>>17835611
Any good grimoires you could refer me to? Links to PDFs as well.

Maybe some stuff on vampirism and lycanthropy
>>
>>17845796
To elaborate: I have a slight background in shamanism, can the two (shamanism and dark magic) be seamlessly integrated? I know dark shamanism is a thing, but not totally sure it's exactly the same as what I'm going for.
>>
>>17845831
>grimoires, vampirism

Now we're talking.
Might I recommend Micheal W. Ford's works.

"The Vampire Gate"
>azjeh666 angelfire.com/The_Vampire_Gate.pdf

there's an earlier text called "Luciferian Witchcraft" or something like that, that has some good vampire stuff in it, but I can't find a pdf of it.

There's also other bits and bobs on the subject:

>http://vk com/doc13375874_237263980?hash=47c7afcf2971c2d4ba&dl=e209a422e724106e3c

>photo goodreads.com/documents/1241819040books/6455530.pdf
>>
>>17845796
Eh, only if you're actually going for something evil, otherwise I don't see why that wouldn't just be a regular thing.
>>
>>17845831
You may also find interest in the 'Book of Wrathful Chaos'.
The 'Libre Azerate'.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxJpGTnKz2oKMlczdFhCdGJ6Wnc/view?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>17845877
That's exactly what I'm getting at. I feel at peace in chaos and turmoil in peace. I want to utilize that to my advantage. Are these questions for a different person?
>>
>>17845918
Oh, well then in that case I don't see any reason you couldn't do what you want here.

Can you be more specific about what it is you want out of your drug experience in this aspect?
There's a lot of drugs out there, ya know.
>>
Hey OP, or anyone else that considers themselves "qualified". I have a project I'm working on that focuses pretty heavily on magik and "the dark arts". I don't have the time to discuss stuff on forums, but I would be very interested in talking or working with someone with experience in this field. If anyone wants to provide there assistance, email is [email protected]

And incase noone has the time or interest, I do have one question that's simple enough to ask here: how does an individuals capability compare to that of a group of people. Is there a diminishing return with the addition of more people, or the opposite, or is it more intricate than that?
>>
>>17845941
In regards to your 'ask here' question,
It's more a matter of quality than quantity.
One wizard worth their salt can lay waste to countless hedge-mages.
>>
>>17845929
To be more specific, i mean mushrooms, lsd and dmt(in its many forms) for me are like shortcuts to deep meditation. Any insight into this? Could i use these to bolster my magick ability? I was wondering if it was a more common practice than i was aware of. Apologies if this sounds silly. I'm only recently starting to study darkness, although I've always fancied it.
>>
>>17845969
No apologies needed.
I know what you mean.

in short, yes, these types of substances can in fact bolster your casting ability, but at the same time, they lower your resistance to outside influences and spells, so basically, the only limit here is the strength of your own willpower and reasoning ability, if that makes sense.
>>
How difficult would it be to cast a spell that makes your love interest pregnant? What would you need? How is it preformed? Has something ever been successful?
>>
>>17846001
you mean like, fucking?
I'm pretty sure that spell works just fine...
>>
>>17835611
I'm a Christian but I've always been interested in magic. Is there any affiliation with demons or evil entities when you practice magic? I know in my bible it says it is wrong to practice magic, but I have a hard time believing that.
>>
>>17845976
Crystal clear, thank you. Any reading material of this particular interest that you could point me to? If not thanks for the input anyway.
>>
>>17846005
I don't mean like sex, my partner lives too far away from me for that, I mean something more long distance, like an actual spell or curse
>>
>>17846011
In the tiny, tiny probability that this isn't bait...

The magic i'm into does involve demons and other assorted evil shit.
HOWEVER, it's entirely possible for a person to walk a path of magic that does not involve any of that nasty business.
There's as much 'light' magic as there is 'dark' magic, and I'll be the first to say that one is not by definition better than the other.
'light' or 'dark', if it's your bag, it's your bag.
>>
>>17846015
Uhh, so you want a spell to purposefully cuckold yourself?
Maybe i'm not understanding your intention here...
>>
>>17846019
It's not bait. I'm a Christian and I thank you for taking the time out of your day to give me a reply :)

Have you ever talked one on one with a demon?
Also, where can I walk the path of light magic? I dislike being weak in a world full of terror.
>>
>>17846013
Hmm, I'm terribly sorry but I can't seem to find a pdf for it, but there's a book by a one Ram Dass called "The Only Dance There Is". I'd highly recommend it.

There's also this:

http://www.leary.ru/download/leary/Timothy%20Leary%20-%20The%20Tibetan%20Book%20Of%20The%20Dead.pdf

Of course, you'd want to read the actual Tibetan Book of the Dead to gain context for this.
http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Tibetan-Book-of-the-Dead.pdf
>>
>>17846022
Maybe, though I was leaning more towards immaculate conception
>>
>>17846035
I have sat down one on one with a demon.
They're almost as disagreeable creatures as I am.

Hmm, as far as the light-path stuff, I'm probably not the best guy to ask about that, but perhaps these volumes would be useful to you:

http://www.holybooks.com/sacred-magic-abramelin-mage/

This is quite a typical text of the light-path schools.

Like, I'm the guy that just strait up hangs out and gets fucked up with the demons, and you'd be the guy that very respectfully chillaxes with angels, but it's the same sort of skill.
>>
>>17846041
Uhh, why can't you just fuck her?
I don't get it.
>>
File: 1466821156422.jpg (88KB, 670x446px) Image search: [Google]
1466821156422.jpg
88KB, 670x446px
can i use occult techniques to help me write/compose better music? i'm trying to write a black metal album, but i barely have anything done and i need inspiration
>>
>>17846050
Cool dude. I appreciate the help! Although I disagree with your association with demons, I respectfully wish that you and your friends party hard. Thanks for the info I'll be looking this up. Have a good one m80.
>>
>>17846062
Of course.
If you don't want to get all into complicated demon summoning bullshit, at the very least time your creative sessions properly.
For example, for black metal, you'd probably want either 'the witching hour' (midnight) for general magical-ness, or 'the devil's hour' (03:00) for general evil-ness.
Opposite of that you'd have 15:00, 'god's hour', in which your black metal magic would be weakest.
Eh, moon cycles, full for magical-ness, dark for evil-ness, etc.
>>
>>17846075
It's all good, we can disagree and be civil about it.
Best of luck to you.
>>
>>17846077
neat thanks! if you don't mind, could you explain the more complicated stuff a little bit? i don't need a whole textbook lesson, but it sounds like you know what youre talking about, and i'd love to take advantage of this resource
>>
I can't cause they live in a different state and I don't want to fly to them just to fuck them then fly back
>>
>>17846037
That's a great start! A point if entry was my goal. May we meet again.
>>
>>17841452
he won't cause he's fucking with you
>>
>>17846091
Sure, no problem.
Like, certain types of magics 'flow' better under certain conditions.

In this case, for example, black metal would flow a lot easier under the moon in a heavy fog than it would at high noon in a hay field.

That being said, you'd want to look into planetary hours and such.
The idea is that certain 'magical influences' are more or less powerful during certain times.
A spellcaster can take advantage of this knowledge to gain bonuses on various spells for free, basically.
>>
Can you prove that the dark arts actually do something? And arnt bullshit
>>
This may come off as a dumb question, but what exactly separates the dark arts from the light(white?) arts. And is there a grey arts? Or at least an effective way to harness aspects of both for a vanilla chocolate swirl arts?
>>
>>17846122
Nah, that's a reasonable question.

Basically the difference comes down to the intent/attitude of the caster.
The 'right-hand-light' stuff is all about being ok with the natural order of things and chillin' out.
The 'left-hand-dark' stuff is more about not giving a fuck. Not in the sense that we all want to actively try to destroy the world or whatever, but in the sense that "well, if god or whoever has such a problem with what I'm up to, let him come stop me, until then, I'm gonna do what I have to, and fuck all the jelly haters".
There's no reason a person can't have a bit of both. That's totally up to the individual caster.
>>
>>17846119
Would that make you feel better, or worse about all of this?
>>
>>17846132
Follow up questions. Doesn't the light arts contradict itself? Or is the light arts just not doing magic and letting things go about as they normally would?
>>
>>17846144
If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is that no magic "goes against nature".
ALL magic works within the bounds of natural law.
Even "evil" or "dark" magic.
>>
>>17846114
awesome. thanks friend. i guess i'll have to find someplace to play at midnight where i won't wake anyone up haha
>>
>>17846151
Anytime yo.
I'm glad to have helped.
>>
>>17846149
I'm still not quite getting it. Could I get an example of light magic?
>>
>>17846157
it'd be the kind of thing where you'd invoke/evoke the power of archangels and such with mana of raw righteousness and good.
To be cheesy about it, the 'power of love'.
>>
>>17846162
Oh, makes sense.

Is there anything that light magic can do that dark magic can't, and vice versa?
>>
>>17846173
I suppose they do each have their own special areas of expertise.

You couldn't really project terrors onto a person with some fluffy white light stuff any more than you could lay on hands and heal maladies with some dark sticky black light stuff.
>>
you mentioned cantrips earlier op and that they're relatively easy. are there any that i could learn? how would i go about that?
>>
>>17846181
That about clears all my questions, thank you for clearing that stuff up for me.
>>
File: cerulenimapod.jpg (113KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
cerulenimapod.jpg
113KB, 1002x1002px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8bI6enYaIk
>I'm always a ghost

>>17843241
>Forgive me if my first response was ignorant or racist.

I cannot forgive Gurdjieff or his followers.

>You're obviously more studied than me.

It is presently apparent

>I can't even imagine learning all those languages on my own.

Once you have learned one language anew, the process is similar for each subsequent language.

>My knowledge of the occult is severely limited.

You should treat it as a humanities subject.

>I pick up insights here and there but I find the reading dry and don't practice.

Then the work is not worth your time.

>I know only English and thus may be guilty of reading translations without transliteration as you seem to put it.

You should at least learn French.

>Oh well. Color me intrigued though!

Ok, greenhorn!

>Science is the tradition?

Because the occult is occluded de facto.

>Why must magic be excised?

Magic is an etymological anachronism because the 400s are extremely difficult to chronicle, and the catholic church has altered the calendar to make specific individuals less significant.

>I have long suspected the marriage of the two (science and magic) in ancient society.

It is more like a divorce without annulment.

>Tell me more about these horrific experiments.

This is why you should immediately stop learning magic. That is an offensively ignorant and racist thing to say; You are becoming too detached to know better.

>I feel like we are encountering somewhat of a language barrier here but I'd love to hear more from you.

I have overestimated my audience but at least some appear to be progressive enough to accept criticism.
>>
>>17846185
Please forgive the clunky wording, but the mother of all beginner's cantrips is the "psi-ball". Just try to concentrate a sphere of magic or psi or chi or whatever you like to call it in your hand.
Once you've got that, it's easily mutable into slightly more interesting things.

Another fun cantrip that takes relatively little practice is to hide in plain sight.
Generally, weak minds wont see you if you just casually tell them not to.

Another good one is a "distraction thing-a-ma-bob", which could take the form of a small noise, light, or other whatever to distract a person and avert their gaze for a short moment. That's pretty much just throw a ball over there and collapse it hard like a bubble imploding with the intention of "do something to distract that fella there".

Stuff like that is cantrips. You shouldn't have any trouble studying the mechanics of it with very small amounts of mental and magical resources expended.
>>
>>17835748
Wait just a second here... What would demons want with math and why would they share it with us?

Don't get me wrong here, I love math and I love demons. But what? Why?
>>
>>17846220
The entire universe is made of math.
And if you were a demon, would this world not be like a vidya?
>>
What even is this? Please explain
>>
File: magicexplain.jpg (17KB, 220x251px) Image search: [Google]
magicexplain.jpg
17KB, 220x251px
>>17846225
>>
>>17846192
Show your book of shadows willfully without harm
>>
>>17846212
great thank you! so if i just practice doing these while focusing on them mentally, i should gain the ability to do them? what does the psi-ball look like?
>>
>>17846244
Yea just practice.
Eh, it's whatever you want it to be.
Generally, each individual will have their "personal one" that's just the way it turns out when you don't really put any thought into what you want it to be, so I couldn't say what your's will look like.
beyond that basic one just for practice, it's more useful to focus on what you want a more complex one to do, and just let it end up looking however it's gonna look.
Eh, so to answer "what does it look like", I haven't the faintest clue what your shit is going to look like.
>>
What is magic? I know it is some kind of quantum(?) energy that connects all things. I also know it can probably be manipulated with some applied faith and healthy dose of focused intent. But what exactly is magic? How does it work? How do you use it? I just maybe explained it, but I don't really understand. I'm like a toddler who knows 5 x 4 is 20 but not why or how 5 x 4 = 20, or even what 20 is. So some in depth explanations would be nice.
>>
>>17846261
I don't claim to know everything about magic.
I have no idea why it is, or where it came from originally.

Willpower made manifest upon the world via intellect?
I don't even have any idea.
None whatsoever.
I just work here mang.
>>
>>17846261
I would suppose the answer would lie in quantum physics and string theory. Energy can affect the physical world because the physical world itself is energy.
>>
>>17846261
But as far as
>how do you use it

>>17836193
>>17836245
>>17836259
>>17836319
>>17840982

is literally how I use it.
>>
>>17835611
Will this destroy my life down the road?
>>
>>17846286
Define destroy.
>>
>>17846288
Everything falling apart around me, family dying, drama, arguments, personal belongings breaking, I dont care about being a radically different person with a radically different view on life as long as im "in control" of it
>>
>>17846298
Oh, then in that case, not unless you're a bitch.
If you're not strong of heart, maybe go easy on the magics.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Define "Bitch"
are we talking about the weak minded or someone who shouldn't have that kind of knowledge and abuses it
>>
>>17846304
>>17846311
forgot to tag
>>
>>17846311
Weak minded.
Abuse it all you want, to the extent that you can handle your abuses.
>>
File: 6ae.jpg (25KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
6ae.jpg
25KB, 680x680px
im questioning as to why i want to learn magick

when i was younger i was all dumbass newagey meditation and rocks and thats basically the extent i went above

then i had a family member who was a mentor who i had no clue was into the dark arts to the extent that he was. In a way he forced me aside after us having issues with him joining a cult that i didn't want to join and pushed me aside and him becoming a raging alcoholic

I want power, thats it.
>>
Is it normal for reality to seem to bend to the wishes of those who intend it to? Whether intentional or not?

Nothing big, but things that could happen naturally over time. Things like extremely common species suddenly existing, injury to those who've wronged you, or even the love life of others falling apart?
>>
>>17846340

also while i was gone from my mothers side of the family for 6 years something happened with my older brother and sister hanging out with someone and ending up frying his brain with voices and tried doing it to my sister and her friends too. He just, sits around all day and laughs at him self, writes in a notebook about how he was being raped by demons and stuff

Its kind of a pipe dream to either fix him or find who did this, I know its edgy sounding but damn he didn't deserve any of this
>>
>>17846340
I dunno what to tell you man.
The decision to step into the world of magic has to be made by you.
No amount of arcane sorcery can sway you on that one way or another.
In all fairness, magic is really, really boring.
It's years upon years of stupid shit and pedantic studies.

Is it worth it?
Again, that's up to you.
>>
>>17846151
you can make Black Metal whenever the fuck you want
>>
>>17846341
Yea, accidental casting is common.
I've been at this for decades and I still do shit without meaning to sometimes.
Don't beat yourself up over it.
>>
I remember Michael ford said you need to be a Satanist to create Black Metal and you should be calling upon dark spirits
>>
>>17846357
Is there anything that isn't enhanced by a few dark spirits?
>>
>>17846362
gay sex
>>
Where do spells come from? Are they something you find, are they something you feel inside you and have to create from the ground up?

Why do some spells require sacrifice, or is sacrifice just a tool that only serves to trick your brain to believe harder that your spell will work in an attempt to not have your loss go in vain?

Why do some spells require you to speak a language separate from your own? Or is that similar to my sacrifice theory in that it is just another tool to make you believe harder?
>>
>>17846373
Huh, well you got me there.
Gay sex is just fine on it's own.
>>
>>17846374
Both sort of. Spells can be created or copied.
Things cost things. Some costs are very great.
Words can be part of the physical construct of the spell, so in that case they'd have to be spoken very exactly, or it'd be a round-hole-square-peg scenario sort of.
>>
>>17846391
Spells seems a bit complicated to create. You'd probably need to summon a demon to help you. Like calling over your smart friend to do your calculus homework.
>>
>>17846409
Meh, not really.
It's more like writing a script for something you don't want to have to do a gazillion times from scratch.
Like, you already know what you're trying to do, the spell is just to make a certain set of stuff happen automagically.
>>
What's the worst you've ever been physically fucked up when interacting with a demon?
>>
>>17846424
Coughing blood, bleeding out of both eyes, both ears, both nostrils, massive lacerations, rotting flesh, hair turning white, etc.
Puking, pissing myself, passing out, it wasn't pretty.
>>
>>17846420
But how are you supposed to know what lines of script can't be read until you recite an incantation in a foreign tongue and what lines require you to draw a coupe triangles or what part can't be executed until you spill your own blood into a golden chalice?
>>
>>17836337
Not possible.
The most you can do is change probabilities of shit happening.

Don't trust who says otherwise.
>>
>>17846437
It was certainly pretty... Pretty hilarious for the demon I would assume

ba dum tsss
>>
>>17846437
Wow. That's fucked the up. Stay safe anon. Follow up, what's the best thing that's happened?
>>
>>17846455
I survived some shit I shouldn't have.
I enjoy this world.
Every second of it is a blessing.
>>
>>17846443
lel.
>>
Is there a limit to people's ability to control magick? If so, what happens when that limit is transgressed?
>>
>>17846483
Yea, there's a limit to control, but there's also a limit to how much a caster can channel through themselves.
Usually you'd just burst into flames or keel over or rot or something.
>>
>>17846490
That sounds like something from a movie
>>
>>17846507
It's much less entertaining in practice.
>>
>>17846515
I'll take your word for it,

(Sorry if the questions are too n00b)
Can a demon follow/interact with you without being summoned? Why would they?
>>
>>17846521
Yea, that can happen.
I dunno, demons can be dicks.
Sometimes they're just bored or lonely.
Sometimes it's a sins-of-the-fathers thing, you might not be the original dude, but you're close enough, etc.
Sometimes it's tied to a specific location for whatever reason.
>>
>>17846490
You just gave me a brilliant idea, help me create a spell that lights the user on fire!
>>
>>17846528
Holy shit. How would you be able to confirm it? I mean, let's say you had an idea, but couldn't tell for sure as you've never experienced it before. How could you confirm any belief that this is happening? Are there any symptoms or something?
>>
>>17846533
If there aren't any really obvious symptoms that are fucking your shit up, why would it matter?
>>
>>17846538
Because it's hard to tell whether it's ME fucking my own shit up, or not me fucking my shit up.
>>
File: likeitalot.jpg (27KB, 441x333px) Image search: [Google]
likeitalot.jpg
27KB, 441x333px
>>17846530
>>
>>17846546
Oh, I see what you mean.
In that case I guess the procedure would be some kind of seeing boost if you can't see so well to begin with, and eh, look around.
If something is fucking with you that hardcore, they're usually not going to pass up a chance to rub it in your face with an appearance.
That's not 100%, but it's a good place to start.
>>
>>17846561
I don't do magic dude so this literally went over my head (although thanks for geniunely trying to help) but magic has been in my family before (stuff that's been intentionally cursed to fuck shit up etc). Is there a way someone like me, who knows literally nothing about magic, might be able to tell? Also, what will a demon manifest itself as?

Thanks for this help OP.
>>
>>17846569
Ah, ok.
Hmm, you'd probably see it just momentarily.
Single-frame-flash kind of thing.
Probably in a situation where you glance across two or more reflections, or like maybe it'd be darting across a broken hole in a fence or wall.
I'm not really sure how the mechanics of that work, but it's something about 'strange angles' where there's a place where like something is 'off' about reality.
Sorry I can't describe it better.
As far as appearance, they come in all kinds of weird forms, but you'll know it when you see it, if there's something to see.
>>
>>17846585
there definitely fucking is holy shit man that's actually pretty scary I'm a fucking pussy when it comes to this stuff. Can I find out the reason why (without messing with some kind of shit I don't understand)? wtf man i actually do see shit in the corner of my eye like moving away. fucking hell dude, am i safe?
>>
>>17846595
Yea, you'll be fine.
This kind of shit is all around us all the time, most people just don't notice.
It's not usually a big deal.
You'd know if it was a big deal.
>>
>>17846595
Try leaving how some coffee and cookies with a strongly yet kindly worded note indicating you are accepting of the demon but would appreciate if it stopped being spooky
>>
>>17846598
I mean, I knew that stuff existed, I was aware, I just thought they'd stay away from people unless summoned by them. Idk if this is what's been messing with my shit for a while now as I can't remember how long ago I first experienced it (it was a while back, few months) but if it takes a turn for the worse am I truly fucked?

>>17846607
Idk if this is a joke but at this point I'm kind of willing to do it anyway.
>>
File: purplenimapod.jpg (131KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
purplenimapod.jpg
131KB, 1002x1002px
>>17843609
That is a good example.

Thank you for pointing it out.

The neurology of meditation is still fraught with cultural bias due to ethnocentricity in the evolution of the hominid brain.

Some groups of people in the middle east will not choose to reveal their practice because it can be abused.
>>
>>17835611
I've been doing tons of research the past few months about the universe, how the brain works and perceives the world, and basic laws of physics and logic. I've concluded that anything can be real if it is a subconscious belief that is imprinted into the brain. By that reasoning, the world is split into two kinds of people. One kind that believes in magic and religion, and one that doesn't. From my calculations I've concluded that magic Is 100% real for anyone that has the unconscious belief that it is. Right now I'm deemed completely normal by American society. So my question is, should I believe in magic? It would make it real, so I'm wondering if it has benefits I should take advantage of. If yes, where should I start?
>>
>>17846612
Nah, you're not fucked.
Quite the opposite.
If... stuff is collecting up around you like moths to a flame, that means you're burning bright.
In that case, if a dude is being really annoying, just tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>17846622
If you're worried about being "normal", I wouldn't recommend it.
It's entirely up to you.
Sure, it has benefits, but so does jogging or jigsaw puzzles.
Knowing what you know, why would you want to believe in magic? You don't have to tell me the answer to that one, but at least consider it for yourself.
>>
>>17846623
I have no idea what burning bright is but you didn't put it in a way that sounds it will hurt me, so I guess I'll live with it. Thanks anon, if I get up the courage to say that shit, I probably will.
>>
>>17846639
I mean magical power draws magical stuff.
If you've got enough magic to be collecting an annoying amount of 'followers', then you've got enough magic to get rid of the ones you don't like.
>>
>>17846646
I don't do magic though so what could be attracting this kind of attention?
>>
>>17846664
Magic isn't so much something you do, it's more something you are.
Sure, you can never cast a single spell your entire life if you want, but that doesn't mean you can't.
>>
>>17846671
So you're saying I have magic? Is there a way to positively tap into it and use it to make me less of a useless POS? I certainly don't feel like magic hahaha
>>
>>17836340
Simply rape the objects you wish to move with your mind
>>
>>17835611
Do you believe in God?
>>
>>17846696
>>17846736
These perspectives are why magic is associated with love-y type epics and not the souls of the great Magi who died before us.
>>
any recommended reading? Or even just throw your favourite book at me, I'd really just love read something you suggest in regards to the dark arts. Thanks.
>>
Is it possible for a human to shape-shift/ take a form which is not his own?
>>
File: stewie.jpg (43KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
stewie.jpg
43KB, 600x657px
>>17840157
>Djinns and magic aren't things one should play around with guys..
>using "djinn" as singular
>first instance of "djinn" in this thread
>>
>>17846607
>>17846612
be kind to demons, most I've encountered are actually very kind/cool when you get to know them.
>>
>>17847502
Do I have to use some special way to understand them if one tries to talk to me or something? Or if I try to talk to them (less likely)?
>>
>>17835611
I've been working with magik for a couple years, but focusing almost entirely in psi and cognition affecting stuff. I managed a few times to actually apply magik to physical objects, but it's always more of an accidental thing.
How should I go about transitioning to psychokenesis. I know most of the basic principles of magik, but I'm still very much a beginner.
>>
>>17847583
I just kinda hear it without hearing it.

Like my ears don't register shit but it sounds like its being said out loud.
>>
What is the best way to go about starting a fire?

Would it be focusing tons of energy to super heat a small area near something flammable?

Would it be to straight up conjure fire?
>>
Could I get a rundown on sigils and runes?

Why do they work? I know it' something to do with geometry, but that's about it.

How did people go about finding they worked?

Is it possible to create new and better sigils and runes?
>>
>>17846780
>recommended reading
Crowley's "Magick in Theory and Practice" is an informative text.
http://hermetic.com/93beast.fea.st/files/section1/ABA/Book%204%20Part%20III%20MiTaP.pdf

I don't remember off hand which one or where exactly, but in the "Foxfire Books" there's some stuff about Appalachian folk magic, including info on how the Appalachian magicians use their magic to grow crops and such.

>favorite/dark
Though they're fiction texts, the dark arts depicted in Jeff Long's "The Descent" and it's sequel are pretty dank.
>>
>>17847874
Basically, sigils are "charged" with a spell, binding the spell into the form of the sigil. Then it's sort of like crowd-sourcing the mana, to put it one way.

I don't really know much about the history of sigils, the oldest examples of that type of thing i can think of are from early Icelandic magic, but I cannot for the life of me find the spellbook I'm looking for in that regard.
As far as runes, I'm not really the guy to answer that. I don't really use the runic stuff very often, if ever.

An introductory text on sigils:
http://tikaboo.com/library/Practical_Sigil_Magic_-_Frater_U.D.pdf
>>
>>17847864
>focus energy to heat a small area
Bingo.

You could conjure fire if you really wanted to, but I'm not sure what the utility of that would be.
Well, ok, Tesla did have a little "fireball" cantrip that he showed off with, but that was really more of an electrical thing than a fire thing.
>>
>>17847059
It's doable in the sense that you're asking about, but it's not really as useful as you'd think it would be.

It's far more useful to perform a "bi-location", and shapeshift your "second-body".
>>
if you are able to use magic to shapeshift, conjure objects, start fire, etc. then how come we never hear about this stuff in everyday life? Is it roleplay bullshit by people who pretend to understand real magic? Is the government secretly run by an elite class of magician-people who don't want normies to know about their awesome power? Is showing off your sweet tricks such a bad idea that even the stupidest of magicians wouldn't dream of it? I need answers
>>
>>17848263
You see it every day.
You just don't know that's what you're seeing.
>>
>>17848263
>Is showing off your sweet tricks such a bad idea that even the stupidest of magicians wouldn't dream of it?

Bingo.

Last thing you want is a riot or the military at your door.
>>
>>17848427
That's a good point too.
>>
>>17848438
Nevermind that, if people knew you were versed in pyromancy, every single fire ever would be blamed on you, especially church fires.
>>
>>17846438
Sorry, totally missed this post.

That's the stuff that would come from experience. To continue to computing analogy, that's the RTFM part where you figure out what all the flags do and such.
The scripting comes after that.
>>
>>17848449
True.
I hadn't even considered that angle.
>>
>>17848263
Ok, here's some good examples of what I mean:

Suppose you see a man lighting a cigarette from a distance.
You see him put the square in his lips, you see him bring his hands up to it, and a flame appears. He uses that flame to light the thing.
How do you know he even had a lighter in his hand?
If he does have a lighter in his hand, how do you know it has any fuel in it?

Let's say you see a creepy black cat hanging out at night somewhere.
How would you know if that was actually just a cat or not?
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.