[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arabian folklore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 318x159px
So i love all that is supernatural , and i watched alot of shows on the subject , all those EVPs and spirt box sessions, but there are more to it in the arabian world.
>>
>>17831702
There are the local flavor of Arabian fairies, the Jinn.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn
Try to follow the Wikipedia links and references for more information, specially <Gentilic> folklore; but most of it will be very old stuff, Islam drowned out a lot of the ancient folklore (somewhat similar to the Medieval situation in Western Europe).
>>
Pretty much the only Arabian folklore I know are djinn, ghouls, and the roc (which I think is actually Persian). I'd like to hear some Arabian folk stuff outside of the usual Arabian Nights fare.
>>
Lemmi tell you about the "rohban" the frighter , its a tunisian folklore, a man with hooves guarding tresors , can shapeshit and mislead those who get closer to the gold , as you may know tunisia was a roman empire , so gold is there somewhere left for years till this spirt come and hunts it. It says if you are able to catch him and shack his left hand what ever you wish you'll get but never speak how you got it or he will take somthin from you.
>>
what about goats?
>>
>>17831702
Why is sandman in that image? he have nothing to do with arabian folk.
>>
>>17834972
Have you never read Ramadan, one of the series' best stories?
>>
>>17831702

Robert Smith is Arabian?
>>
>>17831789
Judaism is responsible in both cases.
>>
I could talk to you about "aicha kondicha" but it scares me shitless
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.