[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do children and dogs really see ghosts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 23

File: lalalala.webm (153KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lalalala.webm
153KB, 480x360px
do children and dogs really see ghosts?
>>
No.
>>
>>17831659
but I saw this pattern in movies
>>
>>17831655
How would you even be able to find the answer to this question scientifically?
>>
File: 2.jpg (15KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
15KB, 600x200px
>>17831672
he was a child
or
he is a dog
>>
File: spectacular-spiderman4.jpg (37KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
spectacular-spiderman4.jpg
37KB, 500x330px
I saw Quantum Leap and there Al (the hologram) was seen by dogs and toddlers
>>
>>17831655
no they lie about them
>>
File: dziewczynka wisi.jpg (829KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
dziewczynka wisi.jpg
829KB, 1920x2560px
>>17831697
how can you know that
>>
>>17831655
Ever wonder what kids point at and there's nothing there?
>>
>>17831725
imaginary friend
tulpa
ghosts
>>
>>17831725
>implying this is a common thing kids do
>>
>>17831751
>implyiong not
>>
Bump because i wanna know
>>
Yes, from coast to coast
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 475x600px
>>17832236
>>
>>17831655
Do children and ghosts really see dogs?
>>
>>17831713
how can you know they don't?
>>
Yea because children are innocent souls, more "clean and pure" if you will. Then everything goes to shit and you see regular ass people
>>
>>17832245
lol'd
>>
I think my cat does. She will watch stuff, actively watch and follow but nothing's there
>>
>>17831655
No.

Dogs can't even see as good as human.
>>
>>17832402
It's called being a bitch
>>
>>17832405
Dogs see differently
>>
Youre all fucking retarded. Yes this shit exists, i remember having seen it as a child, and i know they have played a role in my currently being alive now - at least four times now ive walked away from what is clearly a burn or bury situation. Maybe next time ill not be that lucky. Even my wife has encountered things since being with me, although rarely ever admits it. Sad part is in retrospect i can see that her main meeting may seem to be an attempt to save me from being with her. Or at least may have been. Either way, i havent seen anything in years, not even the crazy shit that exists outside. Doesnt mean i dont know its there, can feel its there, and have a healthy respect for it.

In reality, ausfag here, i spent several years of late nights on the wrong sides of town, wandering streets. This shit is worse than the abbos that ask if i know how to hotwire the car their uncles brother parked here for them to drive over (forgot keys), then get violent and somehow fuck themselves up.

Shits real brother. Most will never see or know it, but if you cross paths with it, you had best hope theirs something on your side also. Otherwise your fucked.

Ive known dogs and cats to react to this shit. My kids telling me that they are scared of something they cant explain would scare the shit out of me if i didnt know it was more than likely their own family here to protect them
>>
>>17831672
Easy. You just get a dog, cat, or child to tell the ghosts or whatever a message. And then wait and see how long it takes for that ghost to move that message along to another dog, cat, or child you have in your network. That's the only way to do any scientific experiment, ever--you put a unique frequency signature (frequency meaning how frequently a thing happens) through a system, and observe its frequency as it travels through the system.
>>
>>17831655
No. Children are paranoid fucks (but not as paranoid as the majority of x) who make up tales for the thrill of it/think that they see shit because something rattled their bones previously which made them imagine it. As for dogs/cats, they're retarded shits who look at things all the time. Shine a laser at the wall and your cat will stare it down and try to catch it. They're most likely looking at tiny bugs or some shit that's too small to see
>>
>>17833418
This.
>>
File: reak2.jpg (59KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
reak2.jpg
59KB, 338x450px
>>17832314
intradasting theory, tell more
>>
I'm two years old and my neighbor is a spooky ghost.
>>
>>17832314
>children are innocent souls
lol
>>
>>17831677
Or is he phone
>>
File: reactio.jpg (44KB, 450x533px) Image search: [Google]
reactio.jpg
44KB, 450x533px
>>17834927
nevertheless furthermore, we still don't know who is phone
>>
File: alf.jpg (49KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
alf.jpg
49KB, 640x483px
>>17834927
Certainly not him anymore
>>
File: conspiraxy.jpg (176KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
conspiraxy.jpg
176KB, 1280x854px
It is a conspiracy. Pic related.
>>
Children are lying sons of bitches
>>
File: dziewczynka.jpg (3MB, 2304x3456px) Image search: [Google]
dziewczynka.jpg
3MB, 2304x3456px
>>17835237
stop insulting them
>>
Bump all the way
>>
>>17833190
You sound drunk sir. How about you re structure the post for those of us that read English coherently
>>
There are no ghosts.
>>
>>17831655
I was a kid once and I didn't see shit.
it took me over a decade to see my first owl.
>>
>>17831672
>/x/
>science
>>
Anyone without the pineal gland calcificated is able to see "ghosts".

So yes, kids and dogs can see them
>>
File: papieze.jpg (13KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
papieze.jpg
13KB, 400x382px
so why does this common myth exist in movies?
>>
>>17838629
It's easy to say this shit is true because the only people smart enough to do research on it are too old to experience it.

Plus it adds value to characters who wouldn't already be that important, like kiddos and pups.
>>
>>17831655
>>17831672
I've heard children's eyes are very sensitive at a very young age and are able to see 'plasma' while dog's vision allow them to see plasma as well. Not sure about the science but maybe toddlers and dogs share some kind of trait for the eyes.
>>
>>17831655
No
Source: I was a child, never saw a ghost
>>
>>17839307
You never saw a "ghost."

But you might have seen "people" who, unknown to you, no one else could see.
>>
File: Pierrot et Colombine.jpg (52KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
Pierrot et Colombine.jpg
52KB, 400x564px
traditional bumps
children are fuckin creepy, but animals are never creepy
>>
>>17831655

i still see ghosts.

>not child
>35 years old.
>>
>>17839599
tell experiences pls
>>
>>17832241
I saw this when I was a child
>>
>>17838629
I hope this is b8
>>
>>17839610

at night time i will randomly see this ghostly head head floating, and its like its trying to tell me something, but its completely silent and i cant lipread.

it doesnt seem to be hostile, but the contact is so brief, i cant really tell.
its not associated with my house, as it occurs when im at my parent's place too.

friends say im likely personally haunted, altho i am personally skeptical of the paranormal and ghosts, i cant deny what i am witnessing.

>this actually has happened to me the last 2 nights in a row.
>>
>>17839628

human head*
>>
>>17839628
I would go see a neurologist, especially if this is happening more frequently. You could have a tumor or a blood clot in your noggin. If the neuro doesn't find anything you might consider seeing a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17831655
I live on a road that used to be called grave lane.

I would hear voices in my head whispering frantically as a child

and, despite most shit you read on /x/, this really did happen for about five years of my childhood
>>
>>17839648

i had weird things of a different nature happen to me when i was younger (like 20 years ago), but i think they were more associated with where i was living.

sensations of things jumping on my bed and over my body through walls, black masses quickly moving down hallways when everyone else was on the other side of the house, and all the lights were on.
>>
Just had a spooky experience, was sleeping face down on my bed, I feel the feeling of something getting on my bed, I turn my head toward it with my eyes closed covering face with blanket ( too of a b*tch), a few seconds later I feel my hair being lightly touched, I react and just punch my hand out blindly and Hit my small desk, I could of sworn I saw my closet door kinda opened then closed when I look away ( but then again my sight was blurry as I woke up)
>>
>>17839661

cavity fillings, anon.
>>
Then why do i see my dead granpa
>>
>dog sees ghost
>gets scared

this makes absolutely no sense. dogs don't even understand the concept of a ghost let alone have any reason to react to it in any specific way it wouldn't react to any other person
>>
>>17839997
To be young and dumb again
>>
>>17840545
because you are a dog child?
>>
>>17831655
No. Children and dogs are stupid.
>>
File: look at it...LOOK AT IT.jpg (31KB, 335x285px) Image search: [Google]
look at it...LOOK AT IT.jpg
31KB, 335x285px
>>17831655
Dogs can't, children on the other hand see all sorts of imaginary things.

Now cats, they can see the interdimensional beings, but the IBs are afraid of cats as they tend to walk right up to their faces and then turn around like they don't know they have assholes.

But the cats know.....
>>
>>17840619
Heel, Autismo.
>>
File: fls.jpg (2KB, 125x87px) Image search: [Google]
fls.jpg
2KB, 125x87px
>>17840663
my cat once coaght an IB but didn't actually kill it.
had to chase it around in the middle of the night to put it out of its misery.

fucking hassle
>>
>>17839648
Not him different anon here, I'm mentally fit as a fiddle but I have been haunted by my grandfather since he died when I was 5.

If a family member talks to/about him at his old house he will move stuff sometimes. Never seen him visually but it is quite clear, even to strangers, there is a person sized force in the house.

The day my grandma died poof, ghost gone.
>>
>>17831672
> If it's not objectively observable it doesn't exist
> enjoy your close-mindedness
>>
I like this thread so bump
>>
>>17840559
No one says that a dog would be scared. He would just let us know he sees something
>>
>>17843256
being creepy is universal
>>
>>17840792
What the fuck is an IB and how did your cat catch one?
>>
>>17831655
ed...ward
>>
>>17831655
as someone who owns a dog that literally cannot spot cats in her own yard without help (and has a terrible sense for spotting them) and barks at nothing I'm inclined to believe that no; dogs cannot see ghosts. They're just dumb.
>>
File: deathcartoon.jpg (69KB, 250x377px) Image search: [Google]
deathcartoon.jpg
69KB, 250x377px
I've read a few stories, and talked to a few nurses who've stated that cats in nursing homes apparently know when residents are going to die.

Whether they can sense the "Grim Reaper" or whether its their predatory instincts smelling weakness/disease; I don't know.
>>
>>17840951
>thinking science was based on observing molecules move around and not based on mechanisms that made sense based on consistent properties and results of reactions

only one being closed minded is you. I never say anything is real or not until i have evidence that it is or not.
>>
>>17844300
cats can smell putrid flesh
>>
>>17845050
cats are predators
>>
File: u2Hrk.jpg (29KB, 575x325px) Image search: [Google]
u2Hrk.jpg
29KB, 575x325px
>>17845050

If your ever been in a room with someone who's on death's doorstep, you can FEEL the difference. There's something different; you just know. It's something you don't understand unless you've felt it. It has nothing to do with the smell of rotting flesh.
>>
File: theblackwindhowls.jpg (6KB, 256x142px) Image search: [Google]
theblackwindhowls.jpg
6KB, 256x142px
>>17844300

"The Black Wind howls, one among you will die shortly....."
>>
>>17845204
You're just repeating some drivel you heard on a TV show that you think makes you sound wise, it doesn't.
>>
File: Atethewrongfood.jpg (78KB, 416x355px) Image search: [Google]
Atethewrongfood.jpg
78KB, 416x355px
>>17845218

No, I'm a Doctor. I've been in patients rooms that are on hospice care, and the difference is just something that is completely noticeable. It has nothing to do whether their flesh is rotting or not.

In fact, I can tell you that patients with gangrene, whom are not dying, you don't get the same "feeling".
>>
>>17831655
more likely animals than children, per se, and more likely infants and children below the age of 3
>>
>>17839618
when i was child, ghost did coast to coast for mother russia
>>
>>17845357
How can they even testify though and how could you possibly know that?
>>
>>17845326
>trust me, i'm a doctor
>>
>>17831655
No because ghosts aren't real.
>>
Women's intuition, animal instinct, and child's innocence. Yes.
>>
>>17840559

>dogs don't understand the concept of ghosts

false, they can at least tell something is abnormal, out of the norm - at most something out of this world

if it can pick up on strangers walking outside your house that may have the slightest bad intention

what would a malevolent 'invisible' entity standing on the corner behind you sneering diabolically at you do to your dog

it will freak out and try to protect you
they know it's not normal for something to not be there a second ago suddenly appearing with incredibly heavy aura
>>
>>17839997

a fucking mouse can do that to you

i was paranoid for a a month or two because something was keeping me from sleeping at night, it turned my basic primal instinct on

turned out there was a medium sized mouse in my room, trying to either sneak in or out

seriously it felt like a haunting, all that shit

and the paranoia gets worse so perhaps the door opening like yours was nothing but paranoia + mind shit = hallucination
>>
>>17831655
The dead do not speak to the living. They see demons and fallen angels.
>>
>>17833230
This is actually a good idea
>>
>>17839307
Yeah, because when you were a toddler you did know what a ghost was fucktard, your tiny brain only related ghost to spoopy things the tv show you, you could have seen tons of ghost and didn't know it
>>
>>17843776
>What is common sense?

Interdimensional Beings = IB
>>
>>17845217
Dragon Ball Super just gets weirder and weirder
>>
File: B6A35A21CB[1].jpg (34KB, 709x355px) Image search: [Google]
B6A35A21CB[1].jpg
34KB, 709x355px
>>17831655
I don't think so
>>
>>17845626
Wrong board my lord. At least let's assume their existence
>>
File: ghost3[1].jpg (49KB, 450x570px) Image search: [Google]
ghost3[1].jpg
49KB, 450x570px
>>17831655
>be past midnight
>in den, just me and my little dog
>listening to george noory
>open phone lines
>cool, my favorite, open line night!
>wacky lady says her dog can see spoops
>shakingmydamnhead.gif
>all of a sudden my dog gets up
>starts sniffing along floor of the den wall
>behind the wall is the walkway to my front door
>woman is still talking to noory about her dog
>what the fuck is going on?
>i follow dog totally distracted by smell
>i smell NOTHING
>dog follows smell to my front door and sniffs the bottom of the front door
>fuck, hope it isn't a burglar outside
>i look through peephole
>NOBODY there
>freak the fuck out
>never heard footsteps leading up to my house
>but who was smell?
>>
>>17831655
I found this text on Google; not what I was looking for, but it may be relevant for this thread.
http://firsttoknow.com/why-children-can-see-ghosts/

I will paste this quote from the link:
>However, this all ends when the adults in their lives start telling them how to think and what to see. If a child is told that ghosts/spirits aren’t real, eventually they are going to let it all go. Author Michael Mendizza explains,”If children see a form or something that the adult doesn’t see, they quickly learn to screen that out or hide it, because that’s not normal in their parents’ environment. The ghost is not part of what the culture reflects.”

This is an interesting explanation. So, there's a sense that allow ghosts to be seen, but education make people learn to ignore its input.
>>
>>17831655
Yes. Babies up to 5-6 years old can see them. Cats and dogs too.
>>
>>17844312
Then what are you doing here? This board is just for spooking each other believing in ghost stories.
>>
>>17852657
if you want to jerk each other off without someone ruining your fun, just tell anons you are RPing. Don't go around saying someone is close minded for not understanding your circle jerk when you havn't told them you are just circle jerking
>>
File: The Big Bang Theory.gif (11KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Big Bang Theory.gif
11KB, 300x400px
>>17852677
k
>>
It turns out that this threande is not ad retarded ad it looked before. There must be more to it. Traditional bump
>>
>>17853647
>threande is not ad retarded ad it
>>
>>17853663
As - sorry my phone is changing letters and words
And yes we call it 'trende' on polish imageboards
>>
File: paddy dog.jpg (169KB, 859x1024px) Image search: [Google]
paddy dog.jpg
169KB, 859x1024px
based on real events
>>
>>17832245
Do ghosts and dogs really see children?
>>
>>17831655
Didn't see any when I was a kid. My dog constantly barked at nothing, though, so maybe he saw some, I don't know.
>>
>me
>live in town house
>somethings keeps walking around the corner
>tell myself I'm tripping
>happens quite a bit
>get dog
ILL BE DAMMED THE LITTLE FUCKER STARES AT THE SAME SPOT I WAS SEEING SHIT
>>
>>17847616
lol
>>
>>17831655
I remember weird shit happening as a kid, specifically this story

>be twenty
>have vivid fresh memories of my entire childhood that disturbs my family when i relay shit that happened at age 2~3 and so forth
>also have a very huge interest in the past and my family's past, love reading old diaries and baby books and collecting every piece of history ever
>one day i ask my mom about something that happened when i was a kid as a haha old memories type thing
>it was about this time i broke a window as a young kid, maybe six or seven?
>i was an only child, we lived in the trailer park with my step-dad who had two other girls that would come visit on the weekends sometimes
>other than that i was pretty lonely and played with the kids on my street
>this particular time i was hanging out with my friend ethan in my bedroom
>i don't remember what he was doing, but he made me really mad
>i threw tantrums as a kid but i hated violence, so this was really out of character but i picked up a hammer from the floor
>chunked it at ethan's head
>it hit the edge of the TV, bounces off and shatters the window
>my parents rush in
>ethan was just gone
>i don't remember the exact ending to that story but i knew that we spent many a cold night in that bedroom huddled up to the floor heater vents
>i tell mom about the story
>she insists that no one was in the room with me, that she wouldn't ever leave me alone with a boy anyway
>they say i just shattered the window for no reason

i did have a lot of paranoid delusions as a kid though. i was terrified of grey aliens and trusted no one, lest they peal back their face to show glassy black almond eyes and bulbous swollen skulls.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.